Sig image wrong

Started by shadowspale, October 30, 2009, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspale

Can someone please tell me why one of the images in my sig has been switched with someone elses? I went and looked and it has been replaced with one I never uploaded.

Caeli

It's been reverted back to your version.

However, this is why we tell people to upload to the wiki with meaningful titles for their images. You might want to consider re-uploading your images to something that is more narrow, such as "shadowspale sig ideas.jpg", which has a much lower chance of being uploaded over.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

shadowspale

Oh okay. Thanks so much. It wasn't really a big issue just a bit startling to see an image not mine (It kind of looked out of place, lol)

Morven

It's a common problem with MediaWikis; if you use a not-very-distinguishing filename, then someone else can come and upload something completely different on top of it.  They get a warning, but they may quite easily not notice.

I've run a bunch of my own MediaWiki installations and was influential in Wikipedia for a while, so I've seen it often!
NaNo word count: 50,180 (done with NaNo, but not with the story ...)
Ons & Offs (generalities and explanations) | New Ons & Offs (checklist) | Apologies & Absences