(Pathfinder) Interest Check / Recruitment - Iron Gods

Started by Chulanowa, October 07, 2015, 11:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMF

I will be working on my sheet for sure tomorrow. :-) Have been kinda sucked into DA:2. :P But I poked Mr L about poking me about it tomorrow. (Also, I told him he could play on the TV tomorrow, so I won't have the shiny distraction that is DA:2. ::))
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

BAMF

>.> Ignore this.  O:)

Edit: For understanding - I was using this thread to mess with formatting, but accidentally hit "Post" instead of "Preview." Am now using a blank send-to PM for the same thing. Which is what I normally do. I don't know either. ::)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

BAMF

Dayanara-Aeryth
Class:Kineticist 1Experience:0 (2,000)
Race:Half-elfAge:22
Height:5’4”Weight:120 lbs.
Alignment:NeutralDeity:Nethys
Size:MSpeed:30 ft.
Languages:Common, Elven, Hallit

Surprisingly short for her 5’11” mother and 6’3” father, Daya’s frame is lithe but powerful. Broad shoulders and fiery red hair from her father, and soft curls that frame her face and ever-so-slightly pointed ears from her mother, Daya is a blend of the best attributes from her parents - at least according to them. However, her parents can’t explain the subtle golden skin and vibrantly gold eyes.

Sheet

Ability Scores
STR: 12 (+1) | DEX: 16 (+3) | CON: 16 (+3) | INT: 12 (+1) | WIS: 12 (+1) | CHA: 9 (-1)

Combat
HP: 11/11
Init: +5 | BAB: +0
AC: 13 | Touch AC: 13 | Flat-footed AC: 10
CMB: +1 | CMD: 14
Fort: +5 | Ref: +5 | Will: +1; +2 vs enchantments, +2 vs fear & emotion

Attacks:
Light Crossbow: +3 (1d8/19-20)
Fire Blast: +3 (1d6+1/2 Con/20)

Class Features
Elemental Focus(Su): Choose primary element (fire). Gain basic utility wild talent.
Wild Talents: Gain wild talents (fire blast, basic pyrokinesis). (DC=10 + wild talent's effective spell level + Con)
Burn(Ex): Can accept burn (1 pt./round) up to 3+Con (6)
Kinetic Blast(Sp): Gain simple kinetic blast of fire type. Standard action to cast. Range of 30 ft. Treated as magic for bypassing DR.
Gather Power(Su): Can gather power as a move action to reduce burn.
Infusions(Su): Gain infusion wild talent (extended range).

Race Features:
Elven Immunities: Immune to magic sleep effects & gain +2 racial saving throw bonus vs enchantment spells & effects.
Adaptability: Receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Keen Senses: +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Low-Light Vision: Can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Elf-Blood: Count as both elves & humans for any race-based effects.
Multi-Talented: Choose two favored classes at 1st level & gain +1 HP or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

Traits
Skymetal Smith: Own a skymetal charm worth 100gp. +2 trait bonus on Will save throws vs fear & emotion effects. Lose this bonus if you willingly sell or give up this item, but if it is destroyed or lost through no fault of your own, you retain a +1 trait bonus on such Will saves.
Reactionary: +2 trait bonus on Init checks.
Suspicious: +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive & becomes class skill.

Feats
Skill Focus: +3 bonus on all checks involving Perception; increases to +6 at 10+ ranks.
Point-Blank Shot: Within 30 ft. of target, ranged attacks gain +1 att/dmg.

Skills (4+Int; 5+2 Background)
Acrobatics (Dex):    +7
Appraise (Wis): +2
Craft (Jewelry) (Int): +5
Escape Artist (Dex): +7
Perception (Wis): +10
Sense Motive (Wis): +6
Stealth (Dex): +7

Gear
Light Crossbow (10 bolts)
Leather Armor
Artisan’s Outfit
Sorcerer’s Kit: backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint & steel, iron pot, mess kit, soap, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), waterskin
|
Background
Native to Torch, Daya’s parents work as a scavenger/crafter duo, her human father making trips to Scrapwall for metal, which his elven wife painstakingly crafts into jewelry. Wanting their child to be the best of both their races, they decided to give her a name from both. Myrianestiri was completely unsurprised when her husband chose a long, multi-syllabic human name; to compensate slightly, she chose an elvish name that wasn’t such a mouthful. Eventually Byrne realized his wife was right and began calling his daughter Daya.

Growing up, her parents taught her both their passions. Her father taught her what makes a piece of scrap metal salvageable, which metals were able to be melted down easily, which ones were more difficult, but were worth the effort, and how to purify a chunk of metal by melting it down and skimming off the impurities. Her mother taught her how to work with the pure metals to create delicate pieces of art: bracelets, bangles, anklets, chains, filigrees, baubles, and charms.

It was her eighteenth birthday. Her father had just arrived home with a wagon full of materials for his wife to craft over the next few months. His eyes were sparkling in a mischievous way; Daya knew he had brought her something special. That night when the three of them had sat down to a meal her mother had specially prepared, full of her daughter’s favorites, Byrne had slid a small wrapped package across the table toward her. Inside, there was a piece of metal unlike any she’d ever worked with before. Skymetal, her father called it.

Daya spent a couple of months deciding what she’d do with this gift. Eventually, she decided to create a pendant that celebrated her mixed heritage. A small hammer to represent the human’s industrious nature, wrapped in leafy vines to represent the elves’ affinity for nature and their forest homes that her mother had told her stories of as a little girl. One night while she was diligently bending the tiny leaves into place, a cinder from the forge floated into her face. The memory of what happened next is a blur of swirling flames and searing heat. The next morning, Myrianestiri found her daughter crumpled on the floor of the forge completely unscathed with a beautiful hammer-shaped pendant clutched in her hand.

Early on, Myrianestiri tried to mentor her daughter in controlling her powers. Unfortunately, though they welled up from within like her own sorcery, the methods she’d taught herself didn’t seem to work for her daughter. When she realized her parents could do no more to help her, Daya started spending more and more time alone, feeling alienated for the first time in her life. Although nobody outright rejected her, Oska thought the time she spent doing “magic tricks,” as he called them, was time that would be better spent at the forge honing her craft. Khonnar Baine supported her thirst for knowledge of exotic metals, but his knowledge of magic was from books. As a result, Daya found herself alone just outside of town training herself to harness her gift...or curse.

When the Torch at the top of the hill went out, Daya and her mother were both devastated. Myrianestiri didn’t use its powers often, but she went anually to create one outstanding piece. This year, she had planned to take her daughter in an attempt to rekindle their relationship that had become strained in the last couple of years.
|
Personality
The blend of traits from both parents don’t end at appearance. From her father, Daya has an adventurous attitude and a slightly brash way of speaking. From her mother, she has an obsessive streak and a healthy appreciation for nature and beauty - rare things to find in Numeria. This mix of attributes results in a girl eager to relight the Torch and excited to learn more about the origins of the exotic metals that fill her father’s stories. The obsessive quality plus the unattributed fiery temper can be a volatile mix as well - she loathes disruptions and distractions and is quick to snap at those who would interrupt her at her craft.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand done! Before deadline even! Go me! Hopefully it's all good. :-)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Ala Rai Sen

Out of curiosity, why are androids disallowed? Considering that this is likely the only adventure path where that race is thematically appropriate.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Bibliophilia

-waves hand.-  These are not the 'roids you're looking for.

Thorne

I have a veritable salad of possible responses to that, and not one of them is anything less than slightly rude. My brain is unhelpful right now. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Ershin

Hope this is in on time

Alternate image
Lilli Didymus
Female Halfling Cavalier

Character Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=590183
(note: Needs items and traits - Waiting to see if I get in to choose an order that would work better with the rest of the group)

Background:
Lilli was raised in a small farming community called Knockbridge about 20 miles south-west of Torch. While the land in the plains of Numeria tends to be harsh and unfogiving, generations of hard work, elbow grease and a family line of druids aiding them saw their community blossom. While not as successful as those who tilled the fields in areas where the soil was naturally fertile they still make do with what they grow while still being able to make the appropriate tithes to local government and a little extra to sell at market.

While not to scale of the veritable giants known as humans who they called their neighbors, the Didymus family always stood their ground and proved through their mastery of loyal beasts that they could time and again do as much (and sometimes more) on their farmlands as any of the tall folk. The fourth child in a family of sixteen, Lilli was always an adventurous child who would attempt to chase hares, climb to the highest points in town where even the human children feared to go and often rode atop her family's sheep dog Ambrocious, encouraging the beast to charge at windmills while she hald a broom and saucepan lid as though they were a gilded, shining lance and shield and she and her faithful steed were charging a true giant. Of course, sometimes she would forget to get the dog to stop, resulting in a pair of sore heads and a broken broom.

Her ability to guide the farm dog didn't go unnoticed. The eldest member of Lilli's family, her grandfather Quixano Didymus, often sat back to watch her little adventures and recall his own encounters with the druid who now aids the town. He managed to convince the druid to permit his granddaughter to raise one of the wolf pups the druid's animal companion had recently birthed (who she would name Amber) while the retired cavalier would teach her proper form along with the codes and edicts of chivalry he had aspired to when he was a young man. By the time of her majority, Lilli was chasing the occasional bandit or thief who came to the sleepy village atop her loyal wolf, wielding her grandfather's original lance and modified armour which he had the local blacksmith repair for her and alter slightly to fit her feminine form.

While Lilli and Amber were accompanying a small caravan to Torch to ensure that her neighbors would remain safe on their travels the great beacon the town was named after was snuffed out. The halfling's adventurous spirit and curiosity were sparked, while she didn't quite understand the significance the tall folk held to what amounted to a big candle the concern of the townsfolk was enough that she decided to investigate further.

Bibliophilia

Ershin, that is...utterly flippin' adorable.  -grins.-  The Labyrinth and Don Quixote references just made me squeal.

-eyes Chula.-  You also happened to land on someone's favorite character from that movie.

Blinkin

Hmmm... my favorite character was Gwedo... ;)

Oh, and the princess in that filmy white number... I carried a soft... well, not so soft... spot for Carrie Fisher for years after that.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Lunar Raven

Oooo, halfing warrior - reminds me of Mazzy Fentan from Baldur's Gate.  Good times.  Shame she wasn't more developed as a character.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Chulanowa

So. All the character sheets are entered into the system!

*BEEP**BOOP**BOOP**BEEP**BOOP*

Calculations have been run! Scenarios and simulations without end! A few naps were had, too!

Probably too many naps, since it is now 2:00 AM in Sunday.

Anyway, the results are...

*WHIRR**ZZZT**WHIRR**ZZZT**ZZZT**ZZZT*

Raz Silkwind, Elf Gunslinger submitted by Thorne!
Freja Bjørnhjœrþ, Skinwalker Barbarian, submitted by Bibliophilia
Lilli Didymus, Halfling Cavalier, Submitted by Ershin
Erevel Ondovir, Elf Arcanist, Submitted by TheGlyphstone

I'll have an OOC and Ic thread up shortly, but like I said, it's... kinda late!

Thanks everyone for your interest, and i'm really sorry I couldn't accommodate everyone... but wait there's more! Obviously there's plenty of Pathfinder interest out there, and you know what? I have free time. So... I'm planning to kick up a second group for pathfinder-ing here on E! I just need to decide what.

Blinkin

Congrats to the lucky few.

If I may, I would like to keep Andru in the mix as a replacement character in the event that someone drops or a slot opens up.

Good luck to ya'll and have a great game!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Lunar Raven

Congrats to all!  Likewise, I'll still pitch my hat in case any opening become available for it.

Here's hoping it goes the distance  :-)
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Ershin

I'm actually really surprised I got in considering all the other incredibly good applicants, but thank you very much ~

I'll get to finishing off Lilli's inventory and choose an appropriate Order to mesh with the group when I get home this evening.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

Alright... Got the threads up!

OOC Thread - Go ahead and bring your sheets here, and let's bonk heads a little bit.
IC Thread - Is waiting for establishment!

Andi