Wheel of Time story pitches - Taken

Started by BlackStone, December 08, 2019, 08:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

1. Post Wheel of Light - The first pitch is with the time frame being about 50 years after The Last Battle as told in the final Wheel of Time book, A Memory of Light.  My character would be the grandson of Elayne Trakand and an Asha'man.  Your character the youngest daughter of Fortuona Paendrag and Mat Cauthon.  Your character would had been a damane and was for two years before rescued by her father and smuggled out of Ebou Dar and too the White Tower.  She is now fully trained Aes Sedai and has been an Aes Sedai for less than a few years.  Everything else I am very open to discussing.

2. A New Age -  The setting would be the Fourth Age's Age of Legends.  It is basically modern setting but with the One Power tossed in, but we would still have all of the modern marvels we do today.  The start of the story would take place on the 10 year anniversary of the creation of the Bore, but it is not known yet the Dark One's prison was what had been breached.  For now it call the Darkfire Incident where the attempt to discover a new aspect of the One Power had a back lash which partially destroyed the Collam Daan, the most prestigious University and Research center in the world.  Now for the story I had in mind we can do any one of the following scenarios.

3. Chosen and Chosen - Our characters would be this Wheel's spinning of one of the male Forsaken for myself, and a female Fosaken for your character.  We would write out our seduction to the Shadow, and our part in the War of Power.  This one would be a bit darker, but also from the mindset of doing what needs to be done as from our character's view point, the Wheel is a prison, one which our character's souls are trapped and doomed to repeat life over and again, unless the Wheel is finally broken.

4. Dragon and Chosen - I would play the Age of Legends version of Lewis Therin and you character would be one of the Forsaken and we both would write out our romance and eventually it going south as we both choose sides in the war which was to come.  The Forsaken in question need not be one of the one's in the books series but one of your own creation.  I am not looking to walk exactly in the footsteps of the characters in the books but take them on their own journey with our own spin on the characters in question.

5. Dragon and Illyana - While we do not need to use Lewis Therin or Illyana, our characters would be their reincarnations for this spinning of the Wheel.  Again as above this would be a new Age and new spinning of the Wheel, and our our take on the characters and where they go.

Those are the ideas in a nut shell.  Since everything in the books about the Age of Legends is only scraps of information or myth and legends, our hands would be free for us to write our story as we see fit.  Also if you have your own plot hook for something taking place in this setting, by all means I would love to hear it.  My On and Offs and writing samples are available in links below.

BlackStone

BlackStone