4th edition DnD (Forgotten Realms)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 15, 2009, 08:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I got the books and also adventurer's vault and player's guide to faerun and campaign guide etc. I have wanted make a 'test game' to new FR see how succesfully I manage a plot and story in there and how would world feel alike. I can GM if no one else volunteers to it (and would not mind co-DM help me).

But anycase there is maximum spot for six players and group needs one defender, one striker, one leader and one controller to form full basic 4 man group and then any role/class add is welcome.

The char creation would be; 3lvl chars, method 2 with 26 points (instead 22). Any player race from core PHB or from player's guide (yes, drow is accetable payer race while gnome is not). Classes are PHB and player's guide ones (so no barbarians sorry). The beginning loot is one 4lvl item, one 3lvl item, one 2lvl item and gold equal to 2lvl magic item (can spend on get better item like urpagde 2lvl free magic item into 3lvl one example).

Plot and why group is together is free at this point but I take suggestions. Time period would be the standard 'century since spellplaque'.

goalt

Original sum was 22, with the base array being 8/10/10/10/10/10. 30 would be quite powerful.

Hmm. I think I can balance another game. Are things from Martial Power acceptable?
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

Zaer Darkwail

Ups! I edit the extra sum then. I intended chars be bit above average from usual but not monstrous sum :P. Bit 3.5 edition hitting back in the point buy method heh.

Anycase I don't have Martial Power but if you want something specific you need tell me first it in detail before I approve it.

goalt

Hmm. Wanted to play a Tempest Fighter--the two-weapon fighting variant. If I used, say, a Mythweavers sheet that would have my powers/class feature copied into it, would that be alright?
O&O

Zaer Darkwail

If powers are copied which descripe details of your pwoers I need check it before full approval but feel free do it now so I can see it :). Tempest sounds interesting variant.

goalt

Alright, sure. I'm totally being all exploitative and using the two-bladed sword, but that's because it's a weapon I love.  :P

I'll post a sheet for approval soon.
O&O

Sonja

This sounds great but I could probably only play on weekend mornings.  How often did you expect to hold sessions?

goalt

I don't have all the character details filled in, but here are the mechanics.
O&O

Voichin

Is this going to be IM game or forum one?
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Caehlim

I'd be interested to try 4th edition. I haven't played it yet. I have the 3 core books, though I'm more experienced with 3.x (Don't worry, I've played every other edition of D&D, I'm sure I can figure it out).

Is the game going to be here on the forums?

I'd like to play a controller, if no one has any objections. Perhaps an Eladrin Wizard?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

eavatar

I am between play a Elf Ranger and a Eladrin Paladin

Doomsday

I'm interested, but is this just a test run, or are you going to make an actual campaign?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Sonja on January 15, 2009, 10:06:44 AM
This sounds great but I could probably only play on weekend mornings.  How often did you expect to hold sessions?

Well, as this is forum game I do intent post daily if I can although weekends I post less.

Quote from: goalt on January 15, 2009, 11:28:33 AM
I don't have all the character details filled in, but here are the mechanics.

Looking good for me, proceed finish it :).

Quote from: Voichin on January 15, 2009, 11:38:12 AM
Is this going to be IM game or forum one?

Forum one, I cant probably handle IM one so well :P.

Quote from: HPDDJ on January 15, 2009, 02:25:43 PM
I'm interested, but is this just a test run, or are you going to make an actual campaign?

It is kinda both. I make a some interesting scenarios with potential for start point for campaign. If game proceeds nicely I start build actual campaign. I have run RL a 4th edition games but not in 4th edition Faerun.

Anycase as note I roll single iniative to the goblins and single iniative on the heroes. It determines which side acts first (to keep encounters simple) and the one who posts first after my update/after enemy turn also acts first in that round (so one round ranger posts first and so acts first in that round and then next round fighter is first because he posted first). So keep that in mind when you post (so mage's case they cant unleash massive AoE after most melee members of party engaged enemy in close combat or else own party members suffer friendly fire from own party member).

Anycase iniative of the two groups is counted on 'average' modifier which is combined iniative value of both groups (with pens and bonuses included) and then I roll d20.

Voichin

Then I'd like to try myself with elven warlock or some kind of paladin.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, we got strikerish tempest fighter, a mage (maybe), a ranger or paladin and then another paladin or warlock.

LordAnubis

I'd love to play my Dwarven Ranger idea, because it's just plain mean, but if you have openings I can also play a warlord if no one else has the desire for such..

Zaer Darkwail

Well, group needs leader type atm so if you can play a warlord it would be great :)!

Doomsday

Sorry for the interrogation, but will the game be taken place on IRC or open RPG or here on the boards?

Zaer Darkwail

-_-

I said it is forum based game so ofc it happens in here on Elliquiy boards. Probably in small game section.

Doomsday

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 16, 2009, 01:16:10 AM
-_-

I said it is forum based game so ofc it happens in here on Elliquiy boards. Probably in small game section.

Count me out, then. For me it's nigh impossible to keep up with group games (D&D counts) whenever it isn't live.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I understand. Forum thread games tend be slow phased but I try post everyday so it proceeds steadily.

Doomsday

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 16, 2009, 01:23:38 AM
Ok, I understand. Forum thread games tend be slow phased but I try post everyday so it proceeds steadily.

It's not the slowness, it's the fastness. Some days I can't get on at all. I find it best to play online D&D like offline D&D. Sit down for a set length on a set date and play. I've tried a lot of play by post on other websites and it never ends well for me :(

ZByte

Heh, well I'd be interested in this game, probably playing as a Dragonborn Warlord if I can, though I do have one question:

Will there be sex?

It's not terribly important, but if it's being held here on Elliquiy, I wouldn't mind having the possibility of having a different sort of fun when we're not spelunking in deadly caverns.
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam ~ I'll either find a way, or I'll make one.
Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Sex is possible yes and it is encouraged that party member form romances :). After all seducing shopkeep give a discount is one method save money (but asks diplomacy check after the sex scene with varied bonus modifier).