Where do I put a thread for personal stories, memories, poems and similar?

Started by Captain Maltese, June 15, 2015, 04:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

I would like to have a thread where I can put pretty much anything but adult stuff. Like short fiction stories and poems, but also real life experiences and thoughts and movie reviews - a graball bag for things I have written. My best guess so far is the Off Topic group but I would like to have it confirmed before I end up having to ask for the thread to be moved or even removed.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Rogue

Blythe

Quote from: Captain Maltese on June 15, 2015, 04:40:57 PM
I would like to have a thread where I can put pretty much anything but adult stuff. Like short fiction stories and poems, but also real life experiences and thoughts and movie reviews - a graball bag for things I have written. My best guess so far is the Off Topic group but I would like to have it confirmed before I end up having to ask for the thread to be moved or even removed.

This sounds like it might be a blog, possibly?

Rogue

Twisted Crow

This is actually something I've been meaning to ask... what must one do to obtain a blog on E? :-)

Rhedyn

Twisted Crow

Hmmm. From the sounds of it, it could be a good medium for Captain Maltese, but not so sure for me. The public part is the only problem.

But thank you as always, Rhedyn. Good luck, Maltese, in finding what you need. :-)

Captain Maltese

I have now taken a close look at the blog concept and it is not for me. The reason? Blogs are public. You can find them with the help of google and a thousand other search tools. And I am very private person. It's for that reason that I normally avoid forums, and have neither profiles nor facebook accounts or have my phone number listed if I can help it. None of this would matter if the content I wanted to post, was just some small random fiction stories.

But I feel a bit less crowded here on E, occasionally I am willing and ready to post something of personal value, and there even are a few people I am on talking terms with here, who might read it. That's not going to happen in the public area, blog or not. Rather I'll file it to the dustbin.

Oh, and the non-adult sandbox area is also public. Same problem.

So. Any further alternatives ?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Rogue

Well if you're wanting it yo be private, off topic would also be off the list. Perhaps storytelling?

Peripherie

Like Rogue said there is always the storytelling forum - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=9.0. It doesn't have to be adult and you can put in there whatever personal/individual writings that you want. Some people tell stories while other have poem threads. You could have one that just contains all your personal writings/what-nots that you want to share on E.

Good luck!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Captain Maltese

I took a second look at the storytelling forum and I think you guys are right, it's where a thread like the one I want will fit it.

I wish to say thanks to everyone who replied to my queries in this thread. You were a great help.

Nico

You also might consider putting it all in your O/O thread. Just sayin'.