Vampire the Masquerade Interest Check [Closed/Full]

Started by Blythe, May 11, 2013, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Welcome to the Sabbat.

So, you saw the title and decided to wander in, did you?  This group game will be using the old World of Darkness, and it will be a Sabbat game. This means that sex and violence will be as commonplace as raindrops during a monsoon, my darlings, so this goes in the Extreme category. I'm looking for at least four dedicated players for this group game. I will only take six at the most. What am I looking for in posts? A well-crafted post that will post a minimum of one paragraph in length, preferably more on average, with proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I would prefer a slow speed on this group game, with a posting maximum being once every two days, and the minimum being once every two weeks. This really isn't negotiable. This will be a slower paced game, which is why I want only dedicated players, please. I would like players who are passably familiar with the World of Darkness, if possible. Also, the real gender of the writer is irrelevant in this game. What matters is your character.

Post "Squigglebutt" to acknowledge that you've read and agreed to the posting requirements before stating an interest in this RP. Please post here and not in our OOC when applying.

Need More Game Details?

Link to the OOC, for the curious: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174183.0

Regarding the IC...Only three in-game posts exist, so there's not a lot to catch up on! Here it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=174630.0

We will be using the V20 system. This is essentially 95% the same as Revised, so if you're familiar enough with Revised, I can walk you through what you don't know of V20 without a problem. I am willing to take on players new to Vampire the Masquerade, by the way.

So what's official? What is the setting?
New York City, because I enjoy that setting and enjoy the conflict between the Camarilla and the Sabbat over the Big Apple. It also gives Sabbat players enemies to focus on other than each other. We will be one of the NYC Sabbat packs, fighting to keep NYC strictly Sabbat territory. I want to tailor this game to revolve around the characters, so I don't want to be more specific until I see what characters I have. Long story short, your personal history and personality are rather important, and it'll come up in the game, if you wish it to. The OOC will detail out a teensy bit of the in-game metaplot of World of Darkness for those of you more familiar with canon, although don't count on us sticking strongly to canon. As the ST, I'm willing to play out NPCs essential to your backstory. I will also be RPing as the prominent Camarilla members, Sabbat higher-ups, and mortals or ghouls you might encounter.

I do have a few stipulations:

*Human, ghoul, and vampire characters only.

*Antitribu are permitted. Rare clans, such as the True Brujah or the Salubri, are not permitted.

*Be mindful of what powers you have. I prefer that clan disciplines remain unique to their clans--for example, only the Tzimisce, those who've partaken of Tzimisce vitae or studied under one of the them should be able to have access to Vicissitude, and only Tzimisce could teach it.

*I prefer that no one be 6th generation or lower (in other words, you can't be 1st-6th generation), whether the game is freeform or system, unless they can give me a good reason why and get the approval of other approved players.

*I am currently allowing ghouls and humans. I should mention that this may be changed if there are too many of them.

The game is not first-come first-serve. I wish to see a character concept that includes the following before I consider approving you as a player. New players should PM me for information before making a character sheet:

[b]Name:[/b] Who are you?

[b]Clan:[/b] In other words, what kind of Kindred are you?

[b]Personality:[/b] What are you like?

[b]History:[/b] What have you been up to?

[b]Your Kink List:[/b]
What you're open to and what you don't like.
Don't just link me to your O/Os. I'll get annoyed.
I want to know specifically what you want in this game and what you don't want, in regards to sex.

We can deal with the statistics side of a stat sheet if your character concept/bio is approved.
___
Accepted players list

EDIT: 4/6 slots filled.

Me: Pack priest. [female Assamite antitribu]

Slot 1: AlexStone [male Ventrue antitribu]
Slot 2: Finn MacKenna [female Malkavian antitribu]
Slot 3: AndyZ [female City Gangrel]
Slot 4: Geeklet -[female Ravnos antitribu]
Slot 5: Open.
Slot 6: Open.
___

Note for those who read through this interest check: our slot 5 only just recently opened up.

These vampires are a Sabbat pack led by a pack priest (although the position for Ductus is still open....), waging war on rival packs and trying to kill powerful Camarilla vampires for status. They will have contact with the Black Hand, an organization of vampires dedicated to Caine and his principles, a subset of the Sabbat, and are known to be essentially professional assassins.

AlexStone

Well, firstly, Squigglebutt.  And count me as interested, if I can come up with an interesting character to play.  I've never actually played or run a Sabbat game, but I've read the published material. (And if you need a book pulled, let me know. I have pretty much what anyone may need.) 

I do have one request/idea- that, event though it's a Sabbat game, the canon ending (That is, NYC becomes Camarilla) stays intact.  The war might be longer, but I'd like to play out a losing, if fun, cause. 

Also, if we use a system, may I suggest V20, if you have it?

Nadir

I'm interested, but will have to re-read my rule books before I give my full Squigglebutt

Geeklet

Yeah, I might be wanting to play this, but I will need to think of a squigglebut character first.

Blythe

Quote from: AlexStone on May 11, 2013, 06:04:20 PM
I do have one request/idea- that, event though it's a Sabbat game, the canon ending (That is, NYC becomes Camarilla) stays intact.  The war might be longer, but I'd like to play out a losing, if fun, cause. 

Also, if we use a system, may I suggest V20, if you have it?

Once I have some approved players, then we can talk about canon. I'm not against the canon ending, but I'd like to see if other players prefer it as well.

V20....V20...isn't that the 20th anniversary release of VtM? *racks brain for that reference*

AlexStone

Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2013, 06:47:10 PM
Once I have some approved players, then we can talk about canon. I'm not against the canon ending, but I'd like to see if other players prefer it as well.

V20....V20...isn't that the 20th anniversary release of VtM? *racks brain for that reference*

Fair enough on the ending. I just wanted to throw it out there for consideration.  I think it would be a fun thing, but I might be alone there.

V20 is the the 20th Anniversary Edition of the rules, but I don't think it's a straight reprint- they went through and cleaned the rules up some, according to my friends.  (I just got my copy today, so I can't say I've personally read it yet.)

Trilogy

My squigglebutt might be interested as well, though I'd also only want to play if it's V20 and not original VtM. Mostly because I don't have any of the old books and don't really want to go digging for them...

Blythe

There's also the option for freeform rather than system, if people don't want to trudge around for books. Just going to mention that.

I've never used V20. I'm  perfectly willing to, though, as the reviews of it essentially say that it's the same as the revised edition (like 95% of it), with a few tweaks to streamline the system. 

When I see some character concepts from people who weighed in their preferences, I'll be able to make up my mind, as I'll have an idea of who's strongly interested in VtM (system or not) and who's just chiming in.

AndyZ

I'm interested if I can come up with a good Squigglebutt for this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Florence

Interested as hell at the VtM aspect, but admittedly I've very little idea how to play a Sabbat character :<

I'm guessing my favorite clan, the Nagaraja, fall under 'rare' so are not permitted.

Assuming they're not allowed, I'd have to think about what clan to go with... maybe a Malk antitribu, if there's not too many of them. (nothing ruins the joy of being stark raving mad, than having no one sane to annoy with it.)

Toreador antitribu sound like a fun lot to play too.

Also, I'm definitely a bigger fan of using the system (whether V20 or the original) though I'm not like... a hardcore familiar player with it. Most of my knowledge comes from rabidly playing and replaying bloodlines and reading over the V20 book a dozen times, as well as looking stuff up online. But I know enough of the system to know its pretty easy to pick up.

Also squigglebutt.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blythe

Nagaraja would not be permitted, no. Sorry.  :-(

Either Malkavian antitribu or a Toreador antitribu would be fine.

AlexStone

Let me give making character a try here, see what folks think.

Name: Tim McCallan

Clan: Ventrue Antitribu

Personality: The Only Sane (?) Man.  It's a mad, crazy world most Sabbat live in, with their efforts to be monsters, to revel in their Trve Klvt monster status.  Tim is the guy who can deal with mortals, talk to them and deal with them on a nearly rational basis.  Of course, given the nature of the Sabbat, and the Beast, and all the rest, is he the sane guy, or the crazy one for pretending he's still something like a human?

The fact he can only feed from screaming women just doesn't help things, either.

History: Tim was an up and coming stock broker, who had a nose for when some sort of strange deal was in the works.  Of course, Tim wasn't really one to report these things to the SEC, but would rather cash in on them.  The one time he ended up on the wrong side of a scam, he decided to take revenge by sending the lot involved to prison.  As it turns out, one of those he sent up the river was on the list of a Ventrue antitribu for the Embrace, and, when Tim stole his prize away, he Embraced Tim and ditched him.  He has no idea who he or she could be- and, truthfully, he probably wasn't intended to survive the experience, but survive it he did.

Tim did his best to continue with his life after his death, getting transferred to the nigh desk.  But, that lasted just a few days, until his cravings struck, and he had to force himself onto one of the office runners to saitiate his Hunger.  He never came back after that, but continued to make money on the Asia desk- he walked out of his trading firm with as much as he could steal.  He then fell in with a group of other vampires (Presumably, if approved, the characters played by the esteemed others in the group), who have been taking advantage of his willingness to "Play Human," where he does what they think of as menial dirty work, but which, for now, he sees as challenging and interesting in accomplishing, and a chance to flex his vampiric powers.

Your Kink List:

Well, I think I'd be interested in a decent into monster sort of arc for this character, if it works out that way.  So, I'm probably looking at keeping a pretty open set of kinks, so long as scat and kids are left out of it (Not my personal scene.) I'm interested in trying a few new things, in terms of violence, like perhaps torture- perhaps even extreme sorts- and seeing where it goes.

I personally wouldn't be too interested in M/M stuff, but that's just me.  And, well, I'm not opposed to just some plain old vanilla stuff.  I mean, I don't have to kill a dog to have an orgasm, to borrow a phrase.

Note that my lack of interest in something isn't disapproving of it in game, I just won't be participating.  Though, my character might be taunted about it, and that's fine.

And, at the end, this is a vampire who can't get any nourishment from blood unless it's drawn from a screaming woman.  She doesn't have to be screaming in pain- it could be pleasure, it could be because he paid her to.  Still, there's a couple of easy ways to do that...

So, it probably needs some help, and I'm all ears for it.

Jaded

*snip*

Blythe

AlexStone, that sheet is tentatively approved, but subject to some changes after we see what other players might join. We might later, if you like, discuss a bit about your sire and the specific year of your character's Embrace.

Jaded, before I read your sheet, are you wanting a system based game or a freeform game? I'm asking all those interested to inform me what they prefer. The game may or may not use the system rules, depending on what players show interest. She withdrew.

EDIT: Alex, you are accepted. Welcome to the Sabbat. I will update the first post to note this.

Jaded

I'm going to back out actually.  Good luck with your game. :)

Florence

Name: Amisi

Clan: Malkavian Antitribu

Personality: Amisi is insane, obviously, that goes without saying when dealing with a Malkavian, particularly a Sabbat Malkavian. She doesn't seem to mind much, however. In fact, she seems to love every moment of her blissfully mad unlife with an almost child-like glee. She seems to find the bright side in nearly any situation, giggling madly and cheerfully and dancing about without a care in the world.

She has a sort of graceful elegance to her madness, and seems to view herself as a princess in her own little kingdom of make-believe. She revels in the pleasures of unlife, from sex, to blood, to simply dancing about to music that isn't really there. However, the downside to being a princess is that she can be a fair bit entitled, viewing the rest of the world as existing solely to please her, and she tends to lash out in childlike tantrums when she doesn't get her way.

She can become emotionally attached to others however, as friends or lovers. She typically seems to view such people as pets, or treasured possessions; doting over them and caring for them, but expecting them to heed to her wishes and serve to please her. If they disappoint her, she will typically scold them as one would a pet, though... perhaps a little more psychotically.

History: (Admittedly this section is gonna be a little boring, because its hard for me to pin down a backstory without knowing what the story as a whole will be. Still, I'll try to give a basic idea.)
Born in Egypt, and sired in New Yor, Amisi responds to any request to her age with 'it's not polite to ask a lady such things', though more truthfully, she likely doesn't even remember either, as the years have blurred together in her madness. She loves the city she was sired in, filled with romantic ideas of it, even as a vampire, and is particularly fond of Times Square. As a mortal, she was sired shortly after her family arrived in America,  and perhaps some of that fresh immigrant idealism of the city has been imprinted onto her unlife.

When she was first sired, she spoke very poor English, but gradually managed to improve at it, until she became quite fluent. She is fond of things from her homeland, particularly jewelry and the like. Her parents told her (likely false) tales, as a child, of how she was descended from the ancient pharaohs, and now, as one of the kindred, she refuses to let those childhood fantasies go, considering herself royalty, a princess in her own little kingdom.

Her family was of little wealth, but had enough to get by, and she was quite the learned academic, showing a lot of promise at school back in Egypt, though, being a Malkavian, its hard to say how much of that education remains in her demented mind.

Your Kink List:
Really, its hard to say specifically. I'm sort of a 'whatever-goes' type of rper, as long as its not something I list in my preferences as 'never'. I suppose the only thing I could ask, is if you intend to do anything non-consensual towards the character, ask first, so we can work it out to make sure its all cool OOCly. Otherwise, I'll react to things however my character would. I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful, but I'm not really sure what else I can say.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I said it in my other post, but JUST TO BE SAFE.

SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
SQUIGGLEBUTT
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blythe

Finn, that stat sheet is tentatively approved. We'll discuss any changes to be made after I see more characters. You're accepted in. Welcome to the Sabbat. I'll update the first post to reflect this.

I will be waiting a day or two on a few people that I know really want to play this, depending on rules/system and sucnot, but don't have sheets up yet (Dim Hon, Geeklet).

On another note. Everyone with a sheet approved should consider the following ideas and mention if they like any of these ideas or not:

*These vampires are a Sabbat pack led by a pack priest, waging war on rival packs and trying to kill powerful Camarilla vampires for status.

*These vampires are specifically members of the Black Hand, all recruited by the same vampire. This would heavily feature the Book of Nod as well.

*These vampires are higher ranked members of the Sabbat, rivals or allies in the political machine of the night as they lead the war on the Camarilla. They would be ranked at Paladin/Templar or higher.

*These vampires are "Manchurian" characters, characters who've been modified by the Dominate discipline to make them perfect Camarilla infiltrators, who all share a modified history provided by their real masters.

*Toss in an idea of your own. Be creative. Anything about the Sabbat in particular you've always wanted to play?

TheHangedOne

Hey, Blythe. Any chance I could re-use a concept I had in one of your games? That is, Mortal with Numina. Maybe he's being targeted for recruitment because he's a bit of a bad ass (as far as humans go), or maybe he just winds up in over-his-head with things. Maybe he winds up ghouled?

And because I'm  tired, and forgot it: Squigglebutt!
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Blythe

I'd rather not use mortals with numina in a classic WoD VtM game, HangedMan. I'd either like normal mortals, ghouls, or vampires.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Nadir

I'm probably not going to have the time/energy to take up a new group game any time soon, alas :/

Pentagious666

Toreador antitribu sound fun, and I've never gotten to play a tzimisce before.  There is the shadow clan too, Lasombra of the tenebrous if I recall.  Color me interested like a squigglebutt.  System would be difficult on here I think, though I've yet to try.  Also I Think I'll get you a character sheet tonight how does that sound?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AlexStone

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 12:38:56 AM

On another note. Everyone with a sheet approved should consider the following ideas and mention if they like any of these ideas or not:

*These vampires are a Sabbat pack led by a pack priest, waging war on rival packs and trying to kill powerful Camarilla vampires for status.

*These vampires are specifically members of the Black Hand, all recruited by the same vampire. This would heavily feature the Book of Nod as well.

I've indicated my personal choices, but I don't mind any of the other ideas.

[/quote]
Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2013, 11:23:33 PM
We might later, if you like, discuss a bit about your sire and the specific year of your character's Embrace.

I have some ideas, but it would be easier if we had a little more about the game.  Also, it depends on how people thing about A) Secrets among PCs and B) IC betrayals, too. 

Florence

I like the idea of us being relatively fresh, mostly since I'm so unused to playing Sabbat, it would make it easier for me to get used to it. Still, if everyone else has patience, I'm game for being high ranking badasses too.

I don't think the system would be really that hard on here, but I've never tried, so I could be wrong. Though I suppose if we're having a slow game already, it could slow things down even more at times, when we have to wait 2 days to 2 weeks just to get through one round of combat or to wait on storyteller confirmation on whether we can successfully do something, etc.

Also, to Alex, I'm pretty cool with people doing whatever they do ICly, if they're traitors then that'll create IC drama.

Wargtass

VTM Sabbat game? Why hell yes please!  ;D  Squigglebutt that for me!

Name: Ramon Tezcatli
Clan: Tzimisce

Personality: Generally cold and calculating like many Tzimisce, Ramon's eyes nonetheless burns with a passion as he serves his part in the great war against the Antediluvians and their pawns the Cama-ree-ah. He models himself after his upbringing, the old Aztec blood and upbringing burning through his vains and he often uses his Vicissitude to model himself and his szlachtas around the mythological creatures and deities of the Mexicas. He is especially fond of Tezcatlipoca, the All-seeing Lord of the Smoking Mirror that his family took its name from, and often wears its likeness.

When it comes to the pack he gives his all. They are his brothers and sisters, kin by blood through the unholy pact Vaulderie. Whether he likes them as individuals does not matter, but those he especially like he keeps close and healthy, mending their wounds and sharing his blood with them, even going so far as to partake in perverse games of pleasure and violence combined. Those that anger him often comes to a sticky end though, pack or not. There is no wrath like that of a Tezcatli Tzimisce.

History: Bred from a minor Revenant family in Mexico City said to be descended from the Aztec, Ramon was chosen early on to be raised as a future childe to a local Tzimisce lord. He was constantly groomed towards that goal and goaded into acts of cruelty by his parents, going so far as to letting him torture and kill his own siblings. He was brought to secret covens underneath the city, were cults mimicking the old Aztec religion bathed him in blood and gore, praising him as the forerunner to a new Aztec Empire. The lord who intended to embrace Ramon wasn't too fond of these practices, worrying that such ideas could very well ruin the young boy for his future plans. As such he came by night on his tenth birthday and slayed his whole family before taking him away to his haven.

Under his tutelage Ramon grew into his role as sole childe of the old Cainite, studying many diverse subjects from anatomy to koldunic texts regarding spirits from the old days that remained in Mexico City. Many times he was taken to Fuente de Tláloc in Chapultepec Park to drink from its waters, which his progenitor-to-be said contained powerful koldunic energies. As Ramon became an adult he was started on a diet of blood, becoming a true revenant and finally being able to practice the arts that he had learned over the years. The cruel streak that his family had infused him with and the powers lent to him by the Tzimisce blended nicely, producing a vicious and calculating being bereft of conscience.

He spent decades in this state until the elder Cainite finally decided it was time. His embrace was rather serene, prepared for months in advance and as he rised from his earth-filled casket he remained calm and cold as his Sire herded the sacrificial vessels that would be his first meal of vitae towards him. He drank them dry and was quickly swept up and brought before the Regent for introduction. A rather dull affair, general procedure, but the aweinspiring air of the Sabbat ensured Ramon's future loyalty and zeal. What better way to spend unlife but to serve the Cause? When the offer came to serve in a pack in New York City away from his protective sire, he immediately swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Your Kink List:
Perhaps the hardest part for me to pinpoint, given the Tzimisces' rather rampant nature when it comes to this. The classic offs apply, because really, who wants scat and kids anyway, but I am willing to push the boundries when playing a Sabbat Tzimisce. I think a little bit of everything can be tried and discussed in the OOC, so if you feel like you want to get kinky with a tentacled Szlachta or a Ramon in Horrid form, just ask, worst you can get is a no. What I am looking for is rather loosely defined, I don't keep many preferences, so feed me some ideas and I'll be very open.
O/O