[Closed]

Started by Keaton, July 13, 2015, 04:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton

To my fellow Elliquians,

So lately I've been mulling over an idea for a group game and I think I've come up with something that might (hopefully) be appealing to some of you out there.

The 'inspiration' for this group game came from a show I've been watching on AMC called Humans. You can find more information about it here. The basic premise is this:

"Set in suburban London, the story takes place in a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a synth – an android robot eerily similar to a human in nearly every respect."

Synthetic beings (or synths for short) are utilized in nearly ever facet of society: Labor/industry, household needs and even the business of pleasure.

Anyways, I think it would be interesting to move the setting to the States, ideally New York City. For this to work I think there would need to be a mix of human and synth characters.

The story would deal with the different relationships between human and synths as well as the implications that this kind of technology has in relation to society. Some might be perfectly accepting of this while others find them to be detrimental to society. This would be an interesting concept to explore overall.

I don't have much in the way of specific plot but gladly encourage input from interested parties. Leave a post here if you have thoughts regarding this idea or if you're interested in the concept.

Sincerely,

Ansem

Ons & Offs  Search Thread  Apologies & Absences   Current Stories: 1

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Niferbelle

This could be an interesting premise. Would it be a completely sandbox game or would there be some GM direction/events added in?

Keaton

I'm thinking sandbox/freeform. Depending on how the idea develops there could be events, etc. at some point.

Frelance

I am interested in this idea. I think I will have to check out the show but are the synth's in your game going to be fully conscious AIs or less developed and more restricted AIs?
Evolution is an arms race

Keaton

This is something that I think could vary. Seeing as how in Humans most AIs are restricted by their programming while there are a few 'special' AIs that have developed consciousness and are therefore deemed a threat.

Tinkertoy

Oh you just knew I would come sniffing around this to show interest, didn't you, you big bugger.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Keaton

How could I know something like that, Tink? But honestly, I'll take all the interest I can get!  :P

Praxis

Keaton

I should start keeping a list of interested parties.

Praxis (Knight)
Tinkertoy (Lady)
Frelance (Lord)
Niferbelle (Lady Mentor)
AndyZ (Lord)

And, of course, Ansem (Lord). :P

We need more ladies!

Reia

Oh, I've been thinking of how awesome a group game would be based on this show. Anything ever come from this?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Keaton

I'll still an open idea, Reia, we just need the people. A few have posted interest her but I'd have to contact everyone personally to find out if the interest is still there.

Golden Spider

Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l