Humanimal Gladiators (OOC/Closed)

Started by LadyNitrate, October 20, 2011, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kay Tana

Elunari

I shall simply withdraw from the game.  I didn't realize a specific type of sword was going to cause such an issue, or a bow.  I highly doubted her ability to actually fire the damn thing in the Pitt "fairly" and would suspect the weapon be removed from play by whomever was in charge because it wasn't "sporting" or whatever.  Was thinking in terms of when/if they went to the Forrest and got free.  As for the sword - I saw no limitations being that it clearly stated the fighters were allowed a weapon of their choice provided BY the sickos running the joint.  Only the armor was limited in what could be found lying about.  So heck yeah if I got tossed into Furry Fight Club you're darn skippy I'm going to ask for a sturdy weapon that I know how to use ... especially if that's all they're offering me.

If this issue is still a problem, let me know.  I don't wish to play a game where I'm going to be nitpicked apart over a character the GM approved.
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

Vaulera

shengami

Gah!  Nooooooo...  That does not make me happy at all.  I have no issues with Katanas, I like my spear after all.

/mumbles irritatedly.

Elunari

Quote from: Vaulera on October 26, 2011, 10:53:48 PM
The thing that made katanas so ridiculous is their ability to cut better, faster. A straight sword is going to be duller, heavier and slower. Katana cut people in half, swords make people bleed to death.

A broadsword or battle axe can cleave a person in half as well, albeit it does require more strength to wield.  And a dagger can cut faster and better than a sword as well.  One timely, accurate thrust and it's just as deadly as any other weapon.  So shall I rule out daggers too since like the katana they cut faster, better?

And the name is a play on vicious, yes.  Never seen Cowboy Bebop.

So how shall I rewrite my character to fit in a world that's advanced enough to perform advanced genetic DNA cross species splicing, but apparently still too unadvanced to have martial weaponry?  Or is it simply that you don't think such weaponry would be allowed in a gladiator style arena?  I am very upset you would take jibes at characters who were approved by the GM.  If they did not fit within LadyNitrate's requirements then I am sure she would inform me so I could make the required adjustments.

I understand OCD and I'm sorry my character has you in a tizzy.  Right now I'm going to remove her from play rather than upset more people.
Ons/Offs                                 Plots and Desires  Updated 8/29/14!                               Absences/Apologies

The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.

Vaulera

Oh my god, stop being dramatic and just post, I'll get over it.

Balizar Draconis

Quote from: Elunari on October 26, 2011, 09:39:13 PM
Oh and Balizar I <3 you for Sesshoumaru references/influences on your character.  I think he'll be fun to watch and/or mess with.

Thank you :D Hope to see you in the game.
I am the darkness in the light, the day in the night, the pain in your pleasure, the heaven in your hell, the demon who wears the face of an angel and the saint who wears the face of the sinner.

LadyNitrate

I am a little sorry that I went to sleep. Next time I'll remember to stay awake. Alright, I've talked with Elunari. I personally don't have a problem with her wielding a Katana because it is indeed a type of sword. No one can deny that. You've got to remember, the characters don't keep their weapons. They use them in battle only. When we go out into the Forest we will have nothing. Nothing. Plus, as I've stated before, this roleplay isn't centered around us fighting each other so much as banning together to escape and kill the humans hunting us in the Forest.
"If I can't annoy anyone, what point is there in writing?" Kingsley Amis

LadyN's O/O's Ideas Preferences

Elunari

Reika's been edited.  For those who don't want to go back to check the bio here are the changes -

Dropped the bow
Changed fight name to Shi
Added depression as a weakness, removed "not a team player"

That is all

shengami

Hm, not seeing an opportunity to post IC right now for Brian.  Will probably wait for others to post or the game to move forward.

Nice opening though!  Some solid writing from everyone.

-S

Vaulera

I personally dropped the matter when I agreed upon the matter being petty.

Jason

So...the petty wars over? Is it safe to come out?

LadyNitrate

All's clear. Iti s safe to come out.

shengami

Nice for that to be over, but, uhm, is the game moving anytime soon?  I am not even really sure what is supposed to be going on.  Maybe, some showcase matches against NPCs and such?

Elunari

I'm working up a post today. Just had some RL and work issues to handle

Ko

Hiya,

I've a question - a dumb question, but I'm going to be brave and ask it anyway. What is the range of physical appearances of post-splice characters here? Looking at the pictures and reading through the bio some of the characters look pretty much human. I've seen others that look full on furry fun.

I made the assumption (stupid, I know) that the game leant more towards the furry side... but if game actually caters for the full scope of appearance then I think that would be super cool too! I'm beginning to suspect it does.

However, if the suggestion is we should be mainly human in appearance I'll take the chance to update my suggested picture, taking advantage of my time in the queue :)
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

LadyNitrate

It really just depends on you really. I'd prefer to be mainly human though others would prefer to be more furry. I'm fine with it either way. You've got to figure out how it'll work in your history either way I suppose.

Ko

Cool. Thanks. I can work with that :)
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

LadyNitrate

Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with.

shengami

So, out of curiosity, could we have our names called and do 'versus NPC' fight, if we'd like to?  Maybe get things rolling?  Sort of introduce our characters?  THis way, we can even write about how we've seen the others fight before?

LadyNitrate

Quote from: shengami on November 01, 2011, 09:53:04 AM
So, out of curiosity, could we have our names called and do 'versus NPC' fight, if we'd like to?  Maybe get things rolling?  Sort of introduce our characters?  THis way, we can even write about how we've seen the others fight before?

Yes please do! I'd love that.

shengami

Alright, coming right up.  Well, it might take me a while to put this post together, but by the end of the day...

-S

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

shengami

Ok, that was my post, who's next?  Come on, show me what you got!

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi