Shapeshifters Community (Always Recruiting - Sandbox type)

Started by Cynadea, August 28, 2013, 08:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Setting

Coming from a long line of shapeshifters, Veronica has married into money and has inherited large piece of land on which two large apartment buildings are built. They are located on the coast of Florida, not too far from West Palm Beach. Her husband had had little care for anything else than the rent so the apartments were in poor condition. Veronica renovated everything, cleaned up the terrace, and even turned the ground-level apartments into store space for rent, which are now occupied by a gym, a hairdresser/manicure/pedicure salon, a massage salon, etc.

When she began to rent the apartment, however, the people had to have a very special genetic marker; they had to be shapeshifter. She rented apartments to humans she knew to be aware of the shapeshifter's existence as well. What Veronica didn't think as she filled the apartments one by one with people was that the sheep would have to live next door to the wolf... It is a place where they are allowed to be themselves

The Shapeshifters

• Genetically transmitted from either parents, they will shift into one of their animal
  • A pair of shapeshifters can still have normal human children
  • Humans may be transformed through a bite
  • The animal influences the personality and mannerism of the character
  • Some of the animal's enhanced senses may remain in human form
  • Not subject to the moon phases, they can shapeshift whenever they want, but some emotions can trigger an involuntary shift
  • Shifting in and out of human form take a lot of energy and may even be painful
  • Shift is magical and complete. There's no hybrid humanoid form
  • Shifting either rips through clothing or have it drop to the floor. Which means they're shifting back into a naked human.
  • Shifting is magical, thus the size of the human doesn't influence the animal (a 250 pound man may shift into a mouse. It'd be a fat or very muscular mouse but not much bigger than a regular mouse.)
  • Not immortal, but have very long lives. After they reach maturity (18yo) they grow older by 1 year for ever decade give or take.
  • Any animal accepted.
  • Can't talk in animal form, but has a clan/pack/family bond that allows telepathy within the same species.
  • Normal humans allowed, provided that they are aware of the shapeshifter's existence, which is kept a secret.

The OOC Rules

• Use the header at the beginning of every post, with the right size of image.
  • Use the "warning" tag of the header if your post if there is something beyond bondage. N/C, extreme gore/violence, etc.
  • Minimum 2 paragraphs per post. 5-6 sentences per paragraph.
  • Characters may have their own private quarters in a separate thread. Follow thread title format: Shapeshifter Community ~ Block ~ Apartment 123
  • Ask the GM before creating the thread as we are limited on the amounts of threads we can use.

There will be group-wide event, but this is mostly sandbox style RP.

The OOC Thread is Here!

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

arkhos

I would play in any of your games, even if it was to sit around and watch grass grow.

So you got one at least. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Cynadea

xPeachyPuff

Interested! So these Shifters, can they shift into one specific animal each or can they shift through various species?

- Rainbow ♥

Cynadea

It would be one specific, as the animal influences their personality and the way they behave, but also give them extras. A were-bear might be able to go for long period of sleep without eating, werewolves might get an enhanced sense of smell, etc.

Wargtass

Strangely interesting... the everyday shenanigans of shapeshifters. I'm thinking either a snake or shark.
O/O

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Aysande on August 28, 2013, 09:13:02 PM
It would be one specific, as the animal influences their personality and the way they behave, but also give them extras. A were-bear might be able to go for long period of sleep without eating, werewolves might get an enhanced sense of smell, etc.

Thanks for the answer! Definitely interested. Will try and think of an animal and character! (:

- Rainbow

HarleyQuinn

GhettoMagick

Im interested, I'd like a character who can change into a bunny or a cat.
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Cynadea

Wargtass

Question: In which thread do we post the characters or do we PM them to you?
O/O

Cynadea

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Oh I am so in on this one! :) Will get to working up a CS sheet probably Friday when I have a day of work

Quote from: arkhos on August 28, 2013, 08:24:03 PM
I would play in any of your games, even if it was to sit around and watch grass grow.

-ark

And what he said  ;D

xPeachyPuff

I know its rather cliche but I think I'm going to go for a wolf. Am creating my character as we speak (:

EDIT: Scrap that! Got another idea >D

- Rainbow ♥

Wargtass

First draft sent off! Woo!

How's it coming along for the rest of ya?  XD
O/O

xPeachyPuff

Sent in my application. (:

- Rainbow ♥

Wargtass

Margay!  :o

Someone other than me knows of this.  ;D
O/O

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Wargtass on August 29, 2013, 08:39:42 PM
Margay!  :o

Someone other than me knows of this.  ;D

I have to admit it was a surprise find as I searched for an animal, but I love it *-*

- Rainbow

Cynadea

People who have an accepted character, you can take the chatter to the ooc thread :)

Caela

This sounds interesting, I'll set up a sheet for you Aysande. I have a quick question though, do the parents genetics determine the childs animal? Or do they just pass along the shapeshifter gene and something else determines the animal that the offspring changes into?

Cynadea

They pass the animal shapeshifter gene, so the child should be like one of her parents.

Robelwell202

Hmmm...   The idea of a shapeshifter Tiger comes to mind, who's a cop.    Don't know why, really, but...  ;)
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Caela

Quote from: Aysande on August 30, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
They pass the animal shapeshifter gene, so the child should be like one of her parents.

Thanks! That helps with the background workup. :D

Cynadea

Still recruiting, and the current characters are mostly females, so males would be welcome.

Mayakterra

I'd be overjoyed to join this RP!

I'm already a shifting lover and this story setting sounds perfect.

I need some input though...

The Squirrel:

A high end electronics gizmo repairman. He repairs robotics in factories, spacecraft, and broadcast towers. Part of this is due to the face he still retains his nimbleness in climbing as a human. He's actually wanted after he worked in a bit of corporate espionage and made some powerful enemies.

Or..

The Coyote:

Having moved her after living a life on the run after he forged his way into a law firm. He travels to find work or money in whatever way he can, living off of his ability to learn skills quickly. He's recently moved into the area of this hotel to take up learning culinary arts. Hopefully he can keep an honest lifestyle this time around.
But it's hard to tame the trickster.

Cynadea

Both are good, and you could play both if you wish. The only thing I want to point out as that he wouldn't be renting a hotel room but a condo. It's a gated/protected private community for shifters. Your guy who wants to cook might be able to get a job on site. There's a brand new bar & grill ;)

arkhos

Nicely-printed signs hang in various places around the complex, from the main office to the gym itself. An ad is also run in the local newspaper, as well:

Help Wanted

"Fitness Now!" gym and health club is open for business and seeking to expand its staff!

Two positions open for Hospitality personnel (one male/one female). Part-Time hours with possible Full-Time available after probation period. Excellent Customer Service skills a must. Knowledge of gym equipment and Microsoft Outlook/Scheduler a big plus.

One position open for Personal Trainer. Must be accredited/licensed. Flexible hours. Motivational personality required.

Competitive Pay for all positions, with start-dates in the very near future. Please e-mail your interest and resume to: (Send PM to me here on E)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Cynadea

Bump! We're still recruiting! Come play a shapeshifter and choose any one animal that you want to play :D

Taintedmythos

Having just read the thread, I find myself  intrigued  but would have to think on the animal, my first to choices would be wolf and egal/hawk.. but i would like to consider animals.

Cynadea

Take your time. You may, if you want, have more than one character.

Taintedmythos

sent you two pms one with character info and one with pic links as it seems to have had issues in the character sheet, sorry about that.

Cynadea

Cynadea

Still recruiting! There's a grand opening going on at the local Bar and Grill. It would be a good occasion for people to create characters and jump right into the action!

Cynadea

Shadow879

Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark