Godsend - Recruitment [OC Super; Power Play; Mostly Sandbox]

Started by TheBlackThrone, April 20, 2024, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Exodeus

Universe 77711. Planet: Exodeus. Epidemiology: “Outer gods.” Current Year: 2035. Destruction: 2015.

There once was a planet thousands of light years away from our own called “Exodeus,” but nobody except astronomists knew about it. They watched it for centuries because Exodeus was unique. Like Earth, it had life, and astronomists feared that life would one day pay a visit. But for years, Exodeus never did.

In 2015, Exodeus suddenly blew up. Debris from the explosion traveled swiftly across the cosmos and sprayed Earth’s atmosphere. Most of the fragments were incinerated, but some of those fragments weren’t fragments at all. While the world enjoyed the wonderous sight of a meteor shower, alien pods secretly struck the planet in remote places.

A U.S.-based defense organization known as the Agency of Extraordinary Phenomena (A.E.P.) swiftly collected the pods. The pods contained alien lifeforms, which the A.E.P. scientists attempted to dissect, but the lifeforms proved impervious. No Earth-made weapon could harm them, but in 2025, A.E.P. scientists discovered the technology the alien pod contained could.

The aliens resembled humans except for the color of their hair and eyes. The A.E.P. classified the children as Exodeans, and they placed them with A.E.P. agents who would act as their parents and monitor their growth. The agents kept the children in a controlled environment where they lived a fabrication of a human life. They attended the best schools, and the Exodeans proved to be superior in intelligence. They lived in the same neighborhood and city: Desert Shadows, Sun City, Nevada.

When the Exodeans graduated from Sundale High School, their parents influenced them to apply to an A.E.P.-sponsored university: Sun U. Life was simple and great—until extraterrestrial threats began to arrive on Earth.

Overview

Inspirations: Superman, Dragon Ball Franchise, Invincible, and Marvel.

Main Themes: Superpowers, Aliens, Sci-Fi, Energy, Comic, and Slice of Life.

Objective.

Godsend is a role-playing game that involves god-like strength and powers being thrown around in a story context, and while there will be superpowered fights against aliens, government creations, and every sort of enemy you could imagine, there's another battle our heroes must face. Real life. When the characters discover their powers, their lives won't be the same. If they had a relationship, it just became complicated with the A.E.P. making them swear to keep their powers a secret. They might not have yet mastered control of their powers and have to learn to keep them under control. Your characters want to live the normal life they once had, but now they have to defend a planet of ungrateful assholes and a paranoid government agency. What's worse is when they find out they're aliens from another planet, and nobody knows anything about it. That is...until they show up.

The focus of this story is for writers to build on their characters' development as heroes and friends. In the narration above, the characters were raised in the same neighborhood and attended the same schools. This was intentional so that writers could workshop past histories with other writers. Maybe your characters become lovers, rivals, frenemies, or one branches off and becomes outright evil. You decide what your character ultimately does with his/her power. However, it is difficult to make a villain role survivable in a story about heroes, so if you do plan to make a villain or anti-villain role, do so with the intention that he or she will face some consequence that could put them out of the story temporarily or long-term such as imprisonment (actual or magical) or death.

Exodeans are not the only roles allowed in this story. Writers can play humans, but those human roles have to support the Exodeans in some way such as be a friend, best friend, lover, potential lover/crush, or they can even be an A.E.P. agent. Human support roles tend to have more power than the Exodeans due to the Exodeans having that special relationship with them. Maybe you're not good at writing action scenes but still want to participate in the story; try a human role!

As always, writers will also be allowed to have NPCs to enhance their writing, but there will be rules.

In summary, see this as a superpowered story where you can write a hero almost as powerful as you want. I will not permit instant death, Thanos snaps, and ridiculous powers like that. Every power has a weakness and can be beaten. It may not be by other characters, but it may be by enemies. You will narrate your characters battles against the enemy, how you want. The GM will simply set the stage.

So please do not worry about PvP. PvP won't happen unless you and another writer want it to happen for character development, plot reasons, etc. If you have worries and fears about joining a superpowered game; if this story idea doesn't make you feel excited, but instead think "Oh no, what if people are overpowered..."; then to be frank, that's a good sign you should steer clear. This may not be your thing because this is a power-play game. Some writers love writing god-like combat along with deep, drama-filled stories. That's basically what this story is. But you'll get more out of it, if you collaborate with others.

Exodeans.
Exodeans are aliens from the planet Exodeus. They resemble humans except for their hair and eyes, which can be other colors of the light spectrum. In 2035, it isn't unusual to find humans with artificial hair dyes and altered irises, but imagine being born that way!

Exodeans are your Kryptonians/Viltrumites. They possess super-strength, speed, durability, flight, reflexes, intelligence, etc. They have eye lasers and breath abilities. But what makes them different from K/V are their unique auras. Every Exodean has an aura unique to each one. The human eye cannot see it, but Exodeans can see the auras of other Exodeans. The size of the aura demonstrates how powerful an Exodean is, and the larger it is, the more an Exodean as well as humans can be influenced by it. Exodeans and humans may feel the aura of a formidable being in the form of pressure, an earthquake, a storm, gusts, or even a sound. Again, every aura is different. The auras are of various colors and appearances, and they represent all the energies the Exodeans absorb from their environment.

An Exodean's aura allows them to use a power called "Om." Every Exodean has an Om ability unique to them. Om abilities can be supportive, offensive, or defensive. The most destructive abilities are offensive, and the second most destructive can be defensive. While supportive abilities are not known to be dangerous, it always depends on how the Exodean uses them.

Exodeans can only be harmed by other Exodeans, magic, alien technology, and basically anything not from Earth. Their bodies are designed to reach peak maturity, and they can stay at that stage for centuries. Exodeans absorb plenty of nourishing energy from the environment that if they wanted to, they could not eat or drink and still survive. While energy fuels their Om, food fuels their strength. If it wasn't for the A.E.P., Exodeans wouldn't have the budget to support their extraordinary appetites.

A.E.P.

The A.E.P. is an organization based in the U.S., but isn't entirely a government entity. Its mission is to uncover the secrets of space and foreign dimensions. They have access to things humanity has never seen. While the A.E.P. monitor and mostly act as an ally to the Exodeans, they are pro-Human and still see them as aliens, experiments, and lastly, potential threats to Earth. Their relationship with the Exodeans is mutual as long as they cooperate, and through cooperation, the A.E.P. supports the Exodeans in planetary conflicts.

A.E.P. agents possess weapons that can harm and even kill an Exodean. Currently, the A.E.P. sees the Exodeans as weapons that help keep other extraterrestrial threats at bay.

Character Creation

Creation Rules.
1. Read my game. I didn't write all this for me. I wrote it for you. This is the most important step for character creation. How well you understand and can adapt your character to this concept will determine if I accept it or not. The only time I deny character sheets (CSes) is when a writer refuses to make changes or no matter how much I try to help them, they just are not grasping the concept. If you rush your CS and send me something bare bones, then I will tell you to add more. So please do not rush this. There is no hurry. I will only start the game once I receive what I subjectively think is a good amount of CSes. Do not worry. I do not plan to accept more than 8 (to include my entry). It will be based on how many subjectively good CSes get submitted. I will not deny a GOOD story if you send me one.
2. Character Art. Because this is a comic-style RP, I will accept comic-style OC art and any digital art that closely matches what you envision. There is so much art out there that you may find multiple face claims that match your character, and I will accept those variations. I dislike searching for character art, so I am allowing you to do this as a courtesy and to ease any creative suffering.
3. Powers. While this is a power game, as previously mentioned, I will not be allowing instant death, time alteration, or Thanos snap powers. How you articulate the power will depend if I allow it or not. If I do not allow it, I will suggest a way you can nerf it appropriately.
4. Back Story. This section is the ONLY section allowed to be partially done. Because this is the section you'll write with other writers. All the Exodeans grew up in the same neighborhood and went to the same school. Please try to make your character have a mostly approachable personality. If you make your character unlikable, like to the point, nobody can figure out a way to write with them, then that's a problem. They can have quirks and be a slight dick, but not be like difficult for other writers to collaborate with you.
5. Power Progression. There will be triggering events that you will be able to write where your Exodean discovers they're different. Learning about the extent of their powers should be something they do with their friends (to include human ones), so plan this out accordingly.
6. Mage Characters. I know someone might ask about this, so I'm addressing it. If there are any mages, I would only allow A.E.P. characters to be ones.
7. Other Alien Characters. No. Definitely not.
8. Villain Characters. Remember, if you make one, then expect their story at some point to end either temporarily or permanently. The GM will provide villains, but this is for those writers who want to make one.
9. Sample Character. The sample character is just a CS guide, and he can be stolen to be made into a real character if you like him.
10. CS Layout. You can change it up however you like. Just do not alter the required information. You can always add more just don't take away from it.

Character Sheet Example

Name: Ajax "AJ" Reaves
Birth Name: Andar-Yax
Alias: Demolisher
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Race: Exodean
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 280 lbs
Hair Color: Sunflower blond; dyed brown
Eye Color: Amber; brown contacts

General Description: Ajax is a large, heavy-weight man whose body hair is naturally blond, but to fit in with society, he dyes his hair brown. Like his hair, his eyes are also a yellow hue. When Ajax activates his aura, his hair always reverts to its true color. Ajax likes to wear sleeveless hoodies, and loose comfortable shirts and hoodies. He wears his hair often braided, in rows, or short when he wants to start over growing it out. As Demolisher, Ajax's hair is blond and he wears a power suit courtesy of A.E.P.

Personality: Ajax is the large guardian who protects those smaller than him. He naturally looks out for others and is quite dependable in every situation. Because of his RBF, some people don't readily approach him or think he can take a joke. His sense of humor often surprises people. Ajax is the friend you always wanted and every enemy's worst nightmare.

Likes: Looking his best, good food, alcohol, corny jokes, partying, and music.

Dislikes: Food that's a strange color, peas, tomatoes, bullies, entitled people, threats to Earth and his friends, and gooey textures (like melted cheese).

Quirks/Unique Traits: Ajax has a prominent RBF. Some people who don't know him will think he's mad or a mean person, but he's actually the opposite. He also has blonde body hair.

Back Story: Ajax was one of the Exodeans whose pod landed on Earth. His parents were Garret and Julie Reaves. He grew up in Desert Shadows with his friends...

Talents: Ajax can beatbox and carry a beat, a thing he liked to do with his friends in school growing up. Since starting uni, he's been working on a degree in music. For fitness, Ajax has been taking boxing classes. In combat, his fighting style is very similar to boxing.

Superpowers.

Aura: Ajax's aura is yellow and resembles a prismatic star with multiple projecting spines. It shines brightly around his body. Ajax's eyes will glow yellow to match his aura when he uses his laser vision or Om.

Om: Ajax has explosive punches that he charges with his unique energy. His fists will glow yellow when he activates his Om, and they will deal extra damage to enemies struck by them. He can also punch the ground and send geyser-like explosions to affect multiple enemies.

Weakness: Ajax's geysers can be anticipated. They cause the ground to glow where they'll erupt from, allowing enemies to notice and avoid them. Ajax may benefit from distracting, tricking, or working in a team to make his geyser attacks more effective.

[float=right max=45%][img height=300]insert link of normal character appearance[/img] [img height=300]insert link of hero/villain appearance (don't add if not applicable)[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] First and Last Name to include any nicknames
[B]Birth Name:[/B] If Exodean, otherwise, delete.
[b]Alias:[/b] Hero, villain, or code name (A.E.P.)
[b]Age:[/b] 18-23 (A.E.P. can be 21-30)
[b]Gender:[/b] Self-explanatory
[b]Sexuality:[/b] Self-explanatory
[b]Race:[/b] Exodean, Human, or Mage
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Exodeans normally have hair colors humans have to dye their hair to have.
[b]Eye Color:[/b] Exodeans normally have eye colors humans have to wear contacts to have.

[b]General Description:[/b] General all-around description to include jewelry, accessories, and if they wear a superhero costume or disguise.

[b]Personality:[/b] Basic rundown.

[b]Likes:[/b] What do they like? Nonsexual, however, mentioning "sex" in general is not sexual.

[b]Dislikes:[/b] What do they dislike? Nonsexual.

[b]Quirks/Unique Traits:[/b] Anything weird or noticeable they do.

[b]Back Story:[/b] This you'll build with other writers but if you have an idea already of how you want to start such as mentioning their home life or any issues at school, then go ahead. Just remember, they do not have their powers yet. They aren't aware that they're any different than humans. If you are playing a human, then this section may be bigger starting out. However, you'll still write your interactions with the other Exodeans and humans. If you're writing an A.E.P. agent, you can talk about their life and career. It should eventually talk about their relationship with any of the Exodeans, such as how does your character support them?

[b]Talents:[/b] Any talents or hobbies they might have. Some of these talents may influence their powers or fighting style. Humans and A.E.P. agents may have talents in self-defense to make them formidable (or culinary).

[size=4][font=Courier New][u]Superpowers[/u].[/font][/size]

(Humans delete this section - feel free to give your human weapons if necessary)
(A.E.P. agents - if you went the mage route, then for "Aura" describe the magic aura that appears around or under them when they're casting spells. Delete "Om" and write "Spells." You can have up to four.)

[b]Aura:[/b] Describe how your Exodean's aura looks and appears.

[b]Om:[/b] Om is one unique ability. Now that unique ability can be used to do multiple things, but it is basically ONE ability. Do not forget that Exodeans already possess Superman-like powers by default. So they're already strong. This is what makes them unique.

[b]Weakness:[/b] This section includes limitations or things your character may find difficult to do. For humans, this is self-explanatory. If you have a mage, then explain where they lack in magic skill.

Game Rules

1. Read my game. Yes, I am reiterating this. You would be surprised how many people do not do this. I wrote this for you. Not me.
2. OOC. There will be no discord. You are free to discord people on your own, but this story will not have a discord chat. People do not know how to behave in it. This game will primarily be using traditional communication: an OOC and PMs.
3. Respect. You cannot perceive another's emotions through text, so when in doubt, always ask. If you think someone is deliberately disrespecting you and it isn't obvious, 9 times out of 10, you're probably wrong. So please treat others the way you wish to be treated. If everyone does this, then we'll have less drama.
4. Sex vs. Story. This story leans more toward story. So if you can balance sex and story, then you are golden. If you're only here to write smut and contribute nothing else to the story, then you're in the wrong game.
5. One character per writer. I am only allowing one character per writer starting out. You are welcome to draft up a second one to keep on the back burner, but for the start of the story, just one character is allowed. I want to make sure people are settled in their first character before they make more. I have seen RPs destroyed by writers who made multiple characters with no depth or development. I call them dolls. They're empty, lack soul, and add nothing to the story. No dolls please.
6. Do not argue with the GM or ask the GM to make your character for you. If you cannot come up with an idea for this game, then give it time. Do not ask the GM what they want, would like, in the game. The GM does not have time for that. The GM has a life. If the GM asks you to change your idea or tells you that your idea won't work, then please change it. The GM is asking you to do this for the integrity of the game. If you would rather argue or refuse, then just kindly back out of the game.
7. Communicate. If you plan to go on vacation or need to take a break, just let the GM know. You can drop it in PM or in the OOC to allow your partners to know. The GM can accommodate your return. I've had writers leave for months and still come back and resume my games before. It's no problem.
8. RP and contribute. Your mission is to write with others and bring something that contributes to the story. Please come here if you plan to do this. This RP will be ten times better if everyone interacts and writes together interchangeably, not only a tea party. It's fine if you bring a writing partner, but you and your partner will need to be comfortable writing with others as well. Do not solely write with your partner and act like other characters don't exist. Be willing to write with whomever as the story flows.
9. CS Submissions. Please drop any WIPs or completed character sheets, here in the recruitment thread. The reason why I ask this is so that others can see what you created and hopefully, they will not copy or choose a similar concept. This is how we ensure every character is somewhat unique. Unless you are absolutely shy, then yes, you can PM it to me, but know I'll still tell you to drop it in the recruitment thread until the CS thread is created.
10. In-Character Rules. In-character rules will be posted on the opening post of the IC thread. These rules will tell you what the writer is free to do in the sandbox, and what the GM will primarily control in the sandbox. Basically, you'll be able to write whatever but the GM will just control when certain high-level extraterrestrial/dimensional threats show up. Any threats below that and government, writers can create on their own. The beginning of the story will be a triggering event to allow Exodeans to discover their powers.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May (12 May)
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: None.

yutohase

Sounds epic! I'll throw my hat in the ring and hopefully write up a character shortly!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: yutohase on April 20, 2024, 06:21:55 PMSounds epic! I'll throw my hat in the ring and hopefully write up a character shortly!
I'm excited to see what you whip up! :)
The gates are open

Miss Nyx

Just wanted to say that this looks awesome, as per usual. 🤣 If I had time I’d be all over it!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Miss Nyx on April 20, 2024, 08:39:16 PMJust wanted to say that this looks awesome, as per usual. 🤣 If I had time I’d be all over it!
You are stretched thin lol. I'm sure this game will exist long enough that if you ever find time in the future, you can always swing by. :)
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Name: Dean Flowers
Birth Name: Day-Nem
Alias: Bastion
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225 lbs
Hair Color: Stark-white, dyes it brown
Eye Color: Blue

General Description: Dean is a 6’3”, 225-pound, 23-year-old man with short, feathered hair. Every hair follicle on his body is as white as snow, and his eyes are blue like Earth's sky. Growing up, he was teased for his white hair. His parents told him he was born with a lack of melanin in his hair, but they secretly knew it was due to his alien genetics. His parents dyed his hair and brows so he wouldn’t be bullied, and Dean has since continued to do it to fit into society. Like all Exodeans, Dean sports a fit physique despite his extraterrestrial cells having yet to awaken to their fullest potential. He often wears gym clothes such as sweatpants, shorts, hoodies, T-shirts, and tanks. He also wears various hats, but his reddish-orange sunglasses easily identify him.

Personality: Dean is friendly, funny, and always looking forward to a good time. He is extroverted, a social butterfly, and always looking out for his friends. He can sometimes come off more silly than serious. He chose to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering because he imagined himself building a spaceship one day (mainly like the ones seen in comics, sci-fi cartoons, etc.). Unfortunately, his determination does not match his drive to achieve his ambition. Dean is always sleeping in class, and he will sometimes skip, claiming he already knows the material for the exam. He spends more time looking for the next party, but hey, Cs get degrees!

His friends usually call him a dummy for getting such shit grades, but Dean is surprisingly intelligent. His focus and interests are just distracted elsewhere. Who knew trying to achieve your dream would be so boring? His hyper and constantly energetic nature can piss off certain personalities that need caffeine or another pick-me-up to get their day started.

Likes: Parties, sci-fi shit, cute girls, good times, drinking, naps, jokes (to include bad ones), and daydreaming.

Dislikes: He's self-conscious about his white hair; not fitting in; feeling or being excluded; bullies; and anyone who hurts his friends.

Quirks/Unique Traits: Dean's hair follicles are naturally white. He dyes his body hair brown to appear normal, but when he activates his Om, his hair follicles turn white again.

Back Story: Dean was allegedly born to Maxwell and Regina Flowers. He grew up in Dessert Shadows, Sun City, Nevada, and lived a very active life. His parents kept him involved in sports at a young age. When he wasn’t at practice or playing, he was staying out late and playing with his friends in the neighborhood. As he grew older, he grew curious about his father’s job. Maxwell was supposedly a mechanical engineer, and when he told Dean that he designs the robots that put vehicles together, his son’s wild imagination took off. Dean’s favorite birthday gift became robots, and he became obsessed with sci-fi. Sci-fi led him to an unusual fascination with space, and he swore he was going to build a spaceship one day! More to follow as others join.

Talents:
  • Procrastination
  • Mechanical Engineering Concepts
  • Socializing
  • Dancing
  • Baseball
  • Video Gaming

Superpowers.

Aura:

Dean's aura appears red and fiery. The flames seem to chaotically flail outwards the more potential he charges into his posturing. To beings weaker than him or who do not possess an Exodean aura to protect themselves, his aura feels hot like fire. When dormant, his body feels warm at all times, even during the chilly seasons.

Om:

Dean's Om allows him to create polygonal barriers that can encapsulate others, preventing from outsiders invading the space, or vice versa. The barrier solidifies into an energy construct and can assume the shape of any polygon he creates. It can be used destructively to crush enemies or objects, or defensively to protect those inside it. Or to protect any who are outside. Starting out, Dean will only know how to create one barrier.

Weakness: Dean's barriers can be shattered by overwhelming, penetrative assaults. These assaults have to be energy, magical, or Om related. At this time, he can only make a single polygon defense and nothing spherical. If Dean is knocked unconscious, his barrier will collapse. Also, unfortunately, until he learns more that he can do with his Om that's about all it's good for.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Updates!

Added "Birth Name" to the CS code. This is pertinent mainly to Exodeans.

Added "Weakness" to the CS code. This applies mainly to Exodeans and mages.

Feel free to check out my CS for ideas on how you can design your CS.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Sirian Eve

Completed

Name: Katalaya Kristopherson St. Dane
Birth Name:
Alias: The Morrigan (A.E.P.)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Race: Mage
Height:5’7
Weight:136 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel

General Description:
Kat has a serpent's tattoo that extends down her right arm. Multiple piercings in both ears. She’s always well manicured and groom despite her tumultuous activities.

Personality: She was a trained soldier so imagine how disciplined she should be. Kat can wear many faces when she needs to but she only shows her true nature to her closest friends and family. When she’s on the job-her efforts are 100%, however since discovering her magical abilities other desires outside of serving the A.E.P have blossomed. Her colleagues would call her focused and determined, despite being a fairly new and fairly young agent, she is mature  and likes to enjoy her off time by drinking on the beach (vacations). Kat is curious, meticulous and ambitious in nature. She also has a dark sense of humor, but enjoys a good joke. She can be quite an enigma sometimes and even highly suggestive with the right conversation. However despite what she may look like on the outside she does have a soft spot for snakes and cats. Bring her a kitten and see what happens.

Likes: Cherry slushies with 5 oz of Tequila in them, Cuban coffee, books on arcane magic, trash reality tv (when she has time to watch), company paid vacations and key lime pie.

Dislikes: Traffic, people who ask too many questions.

Quirks/Unique Traits: She’s always checking her watch as if counting down to something. Sometimes you’ll find her chewing on a straw from a slushie she just finished drinking.

Back Story:Kat was born to a Cape Verdean/Algerian Father and African American Mother. She was born in Atlantis, Florida. Her parents moved to Rodbank, New York when she was 3 years old. She followed the public school route and joined the U.S. Military for four years and decided to take after her father to become a cop. She gained impressive skills and abilities and took on one undercover assignment with the Irish Mob where she was given the nickname “The Morrigan” (The Phantom Queen) otherwise known as the goddess of death and war in celtic mythology. She never speaks on how she got that name. Rumor has it was given to her by an irish mobster for the work she did. A few years into her career and one cataclysm later she was approached literally by some men in black. They offered her an opportunity to work with an organization called the A.E.P. It was there that she found out she was a Mage. Now she works to aid them in uncovering the secrets of the universe.

Kat's current assignment is Project EXO. She works undercover at Sun U as a teaching assistant where she can keep a close eye on Exodean's.

Talents:
  • Krav maga/ Combat training
  • Firearms
  • Data hacking
  • Espionage
  • Spellcasting

Superpowers.

Aura: Golden Aura
Spells:
Time Catching: Kat can accelerate and decelerate the aging process of both animate and inanimate objects.
Aura Sniffing: Through the use of someone's aura she can track where they have been in the last 24 hours. All she would need is an object the target acquired.
Serpent’s Venom: This is actually an interdimensional reptile venom she managed to acquire from one of the scientists in the A.E.P.  She uses it to enhance her spells and begins dosing with it to strengthen her fortitude. Ever since then she’s had weird dreams though none have been reported yet.
Weakness: Due to her novelty she has not yet mastered a lot of spells. The time catching spell can only be done if she is looking at the target and it only works on objects no bigger than tennis balls. So if she has to she will rot an adversaries eyes out from within, tongue to. Whatever works best.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Thank you, I couldn't help myself. I was really inspired. I'm pondering on what kind of spells would be useful.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 27, 2024, 06:48:06 PMThank you, I couldn't help myself. I was really inspired. I'm pondering on what kind of spells would be useful.
I was thinking since you're playing an AEP mage, and you need to have some sort of connection with the Exos. Would you be interested in her cover being a teaching assistant at Sun U? Maybe she tutors them or teaches an elective they all take in place of the actual professor at times. This of course could lead to them just all being friends but to give her a logical "in." :) If you already had connection plans, then disregard this.
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

That is a wonderful idea. I like it. Undercover work is definitely her thing. That's a great way to keep an eye on them. Now I'm starting to get some ideas. I can work that into her backstory.

Juggtacular

Name: Xavier "Xay" Kendrick
Birth Name: Zen-Dal
Alias: ShakeDown
Height: 6'6
Weight: 250lbs
Hair Color: Neon Blue/Black
Eye Color: Glowing White/Hazel

General Description: Xavier is hard to miss considering he's 6'6 and built like the great outdoors. Due to his Exodean genetics, he is heavily muscled and has an athletic build, and would even if he never spent a day in the gym. His hair is kinky and has been styled into dreadlocks since he was a kid. His hair is also naturally a neon blue so vivid that it's almost glowing. As he has a caramel skin tone that is in stark contrast to his hair, like most Exodeans his "parents" started dying it black when he was young, but once he got to middle school they stopped and just let others assume he was dying it his natural color to be like the cool kids.

His eyes are similar in that his irises are completely white and brighter than his sclera. Only the black ring around his irises shows where one starts and the other ends. Thankfully this makes it easy to convince people he's got in contacts. He tends to dress fashionably, wearing the latest styles, but he also likes to be comfortable so everything he wears is not only in his size, but considered "casual" clothing.

Personality: Xay is the life of the party, always has a smile on his face, and is the type of guy who can make friends with anyone. He's always the first one to introduce himself and enjoys being around friends and new people almost as much as he enjoys music and video games, which are his two passions in life. For someone so outgoing and fun-loving, he has a weird sense of humor that can get sarcastic or downright dark at times, but he just enjoys whatever passes for a good time. There are times when it seems like he's ignoring the people around him, but it's not intentional, he's just lost in his own world writing a new song or beating the next level on whatever game he's playing at the moment. Just slap him on the back or say his name really loud to get his attention. He doesn't like conflict, but never shies away from it if he's forced. He eats enough for three people and will happily cook for everyone if they allow him in the kitchen. Xavier is a huge animal lover and has several pets.

Likes: Games(of all kinds), Music(Listening/Creating/Playing), Food, The Ladies, Animals, Fast Cars, Weed

Dislikes: Bugs, Assholes, Unbalanced Game Design, Criminals, Holier than thou types

Quirks/Unique Traits: When using his Om, his hair and eyes go from simply being bright to actually glowing. He likes to flip a coin across his knuckles when he's concentrating on something and has a free hand.

Back Story: Born in Sun City like every other Exodean, Xavier grew up as normal as possible. His dad was a Commander in A.E.P. and his mom was a Doctor, but even with their busy schedules they always found time to spend with him, and if they couldn't, his grandparents lived down the street and he'd just go hang out at their house until his parents got home. Xay was a naturally friendly kid and spent his time hanging out with the other kids in the neighborhood like Dean, playing football, basketball, baseball, video games...pretty much everything kids like to do. As he got a bit older, he started to branch out into other things and started to get interested in tabletop games and music after walking in on a DnD session his parents were running with some of their friends in the basement. Ever since he's been addicted and not only listens to music of all kinds, but started a band that's become pretty successful locally. 

Talents:
  • Musician
  • Vocalist
  • Cooking
  • Gamer
  • Basketball
  • Lyricist
  • Animal Whisperer
  • Rolling Joints

Superpowers.

Aura:

Xavier's aura manifests as silvery-white energy pulses that rhythmically emanate from his frame. When focusing his power, it condenses into a column of solid, vibrating energy. His aura invades your personal space and makes it feel like your heart is racing a mile a minute and you're getting tingles all over your skin like you're standing in front of a subwoofer on full blast.

Om:

Xavier's Om allows him to sense the vibrational frequency of the things and people around him and generate vibrations that match those frequencies. Essentially he can send out pulses of vibrational energy as concussive force, to shake things apart, create force fields, or even cause tremors. When he discovers his Om, he will have to make physical contact with whatever he wants to effect, and can only shoot short bursts of concentrated energy otherwise, like an invisible punch.

Weakness: Until he fully understands his Om, Xay isn't immune to his own vibrations and they can backfire if he isn't focusing correctly, or be bounced back at him by a counter-frequency, an appropriate Om ability, or someone with specific magical powers. He also has trouble controlling the strength of them and can accidentally go way too far, or nowhere near enough to get the desired results.

TheBlackThrone

I can already see it. Dean and Xay had plenty of sleepovers as kids and video game nights. Dean still plays sports but he doesn't play professionally for college. He plays in recreational leagues, so if Xay has some rec teams he participates in, I can see them being on similar teams. Being that they're both party animals, I'm sure they both can be found where all the college parties are. :D
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 28, 2024, 06:09:40 PMI can already see it. Dean and Xay had plenty of sleepovers as kids and video game nights. Dean still plays sports but he doesn't play professionally for college. He plays in recreational leagues, so if Xay has some rec teams he participates in, I can see them being on similar teams. Being that they're both party animals, I'm sure they both can be found where all the college parties are. :D

Hell yeah they did. Probably always wondered why they were bigger, stronger, etc... than the I'm assuming normal kids sprinkled around the neighborhood and school. Spent hours past bed time beating the game and stuff. I could definitely see them on the rec teams since Dean wants to do engineering and Xay is persuing music so he probably is only on the school team for the free scholarship, unless AEP is taking care of it then he probably would enjoy the extra free time from not having that commitment. All the parties. Dean brings the booze, Xay brings the bud.

TheBlackThrone

The CSes submitted so far are approved. I will work on the IC soon. I have a relative who will vist this weekend and be staying until 12 May, so if I become a little scarce it is because of that. But I plan to have some threads set up before then: OOC, Character Thread, and IC.

We're still accepting. We got 3 out of 8 spots to fill so please keep the CSes coming.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Hey folks making a GM decision here before I get anyone's hopes up. Because I went and joined a new group game that fills the empty slot I had. This game didn't draw enough attention for me to make the threads I wanted. HOWEVER, please hold onto your CSes because I could revive this game in a year or less. Games don't last forever. But this is just a courtesy post. I'll be locking this thread this evening.

@Juggtacular @Sirian Eve 
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

FyreFoxx

I will keep an eye on this for future games, then. It looked interesting and looking forward to a possible future revival. Appreciate the advance notice.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive