Shadowrun Online! [5th edition]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, November 07, 2014, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

It helps that his explanation solved my Priority B vs Priority C crisis for me.  As well as reminding me about limits.

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Arion

Whoa... Looks like this is generating a ton of interest.  Kudos Un!

So, to make sure I've got this right, character creation uses the standard system in the book, but tweaked in regards to starting Nuyen?  If so, how is that going to work seeing as how starting Shadowrun characters are meant to be pretty well geared and equipped?

Oh, looking at making a Mage as soon as I can get my 5th ed book back from the guy I loaned it to.  I see that someone else has already rolled one up, so I might switch that to something else.  Unfortunately, with the Priority system and some of the other changes I can't remake my "from the books Jason Borne" character...

Another thing that popped into my head: if you're only looking at having three players to start with, what about introducing other players taking the parts of certain NPCs?
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

undisclosedtoyou

I'll probably have more than three characters, depending on everyone's understanding that I'm a newb who needs to get her feet wet!  Patience will be a virtue here!  We are indeed, going to be using the standard character creation from the book.  And it was decided that nuyen generation will be done the normal way, by the book. 

It looks like we're getting a lot of interest in mages, if you decide to make one I won't complain, but if you go another route, I'll secretly be cheering!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

1SAZ

Alright, so I have most of my character sheet done, just gotta hammer out his money situation. Simultaneously the best and worst part of shadowrun character creation.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: 1SAZ on November 09, 2014, 10:31:06 PM
Alright, so I have most of my character sheet done, just gotta hammer out his money situation. Simultaneously the best and worst part of shadowrun character creation.

Yeah, money in a SR setting can be a pain in the behind!  Funny story though, the only other time I've been in a SR game, my phys ed girl had more money than she knew what to do with...literally.  It got to the point that I was wasting it on lifestyle crap. 

I'm glad you've progressed so far though!  I got through thirty pages in the core rule book today, which doesn't seem very impressive! >.>
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Finished with my mage, I just need to arrange everything into the character sheet. Oh, and create a personality I suppose.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 09, 2014, 11:19:31 PM
Finished with my mage, I just need to arrange everything into the character sheet. Oh, and create a personality I suppose.

A personality would be greatly appreciated! :P
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

At least I only have to make one. Trying to create a player personality and a separate avatar personality that I would have to RP in layers would drive me bonkers.

1SAZ

Creating a character is 'relatively' easy in 5e. The only thing that really makes it time consuming is the stuff. And having money to spare is never a bad thing in the gun running world. I just wish I could bust out some of the crazy ultra-weapons that come with stupid strength and size. Like a minigun. Everything is better with a minigun. Oh, and a Krime Cannon. *gets all dreamy eyed*

I'm just gonna say now though, expect some Turok level bow shenanigans thanks to Run and Gun and trolls being strong as he- shut yo' mouth! ;)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 09, 2014, 11:23:14 PM
At least I only have to make one. Trying to create a player personality and a separate avatar personality that I would have to RP in layers would drive me bonkers.

Yeah!  I mean, you're welcome to come up with a separate avatar personality, I'm sure there would be those kinds of players, but it's not necessary! 

Quote from: 1SAZ on November 09, 2014, 11:28:06 PM
Creating a character is 'relatively' easy in 5e. The only thing that really makes it time consuming is the stuff. And having money to spare is never a bad thing in the gun running world. I just wish I could bust out some of the crazy ultra-weapons that come with stupid strength and size. Like a minigun. Everything is better with a minigun. Oh, and a Krime Cannon. *gets all dreamy eyed*

I'm just gonna say now though, expect some Turok level bow shenanigans thanks to Run and Gun and trolls being strong as he- shut yo' mouth! ;)

Miniguns!  Yes, I vote to this becoming a thing your character pics up in the future!  I still haven't created my character, and I'm not entirely sure I want to.  I probably will, but I'm mainly focusing on understanding the mechanics/world at this point. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

1SAZ

Well, if you'd like some help making a character, I can certainly help once finished mine. :)

undisclosedtoyou

Help will be appreciated!  Everyone's been pretty understanding of my newb status, it's sort of great!  I don't know what I want to create yet, but I'll let you know when I have an idea set down.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Are you sure you really want to do that? Having a DMPC adds several extra layers of complication to a game even for experienced DMs who can pull it off without a problem, and can be a quick path into schizophrenic disaster for inexperienced ones. For a brand--new DM...I really honestly would advice against it. Stick to the infinite number of NPCs you're allowed to make and portray, only create a character to actually join the party if we turn out to be grossly deficient in some key role.

undisclosedtoyou

I really hope we don't become grossly deficient, lmao.  But yeahhh, that's basically why I've been on the fence about creating one.  Focusing on story and guiding a group turns me off from actually wanting to play in it with a dedicated character.  It's not like a freeform game, where I'd jump in out of the necessity to push things forward; here I can do that with just being a DM. 

I might create one just for funsies, but never play her though.  Just to say I have one!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Yeah. It's hard enough to run an entire game and all its supporting cast, plus antagonists. When you have a character of your own are are literally playing against yourself (or playing with yourself :D), the need to double-blind is incredibly prone to overcorrection in either direction, both of which can damage a game.

Stick to your supporting NPCs, and you can make as many as you want, whenever the plot or group needs that sort of person to be around.

Latooni Subota

Street Samurai: Yeah, SS's are one of (if not the) most varied archetypes around. There's an INCREDIBLE amount of customization possible, making you able to go from pansy elf fencer to giant troll with miniguns to Equilibrium. I'm leaning to somewhere between MONOBLADES and Equilibrium, but I know for sure my A priority is skills. Unlike Reiji though, my skills are gonna be well-spread through the buckets of non-techy skills. I WILL BE A CYBER NINJA!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

undisclosedtoyou

Yeahh, all that sounds overly complicated!  I'll probably just stick to DM'ing and playing NPC's.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on November 10, 2014, 12:20:33 AM
Street Samurai: Yeah, SS's are one of (if not the) most varied archetypes around. There's an INCREDIBLE amount of customization possible, making you able to go from pansy elf fencer to giant troll with miniguns to Equilibrium. I'm leaning to somewhere between MONOBLADES and Equilibrium, but I know for sure my A priority is skills. Unlike Reiji though, my skills are gonna be well-spread through the buckets of non-techy skills. I WILL BE A CYBER NINJA!

I agree, there's a lot of different ways you could take a Street Samurai, but customization is great, because having choices is great!  Ninja away!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Okay, here's most of a sheet. The idea for the real-world character is a calm, almost phlegmatic electronics engineer who works as a QA consultant for high-end electronics factories. Middle-aged, Divorced with 2 kids. Plays MMOs for the escapism. Will fill in the missing bits tomorrow and the page citations I don't have.

Real World Character Sheet

Name:

Sexual Orientation:

Distinguishing Features/Marks:

Noteworthy Skills:

Personality:

Background:

Shadowrun Character Sheet

Personal Data

Name/Primary Alias:
Metatype: Human
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Height:180cm
Weight:75kg

Street Cred:0
Notoriety:0
Public Awareness:0
Total Karma:48
Misc:

Attributes

Body: 3
Agility: 3
Reaction: 3
Strength: 2
Willpower: 6
Logic: 5
Intuition: 3
Charisma: 3
Edge: 3
Essence: 6
Magic: 6

Initiative: 6+1d6
Astral Initiative: 6+2d6

Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 6
Memory: 11
Lift/Carry: 5 (30kg)
Movement: 6/12

Physical Limit:
Mental limit: 7
Social limit: 6

Condition Boxes:
Physical: 10
Stun: 11
Overflow: 3

Skills

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all skills listed

Academic - Magic Theory: 4
Academic - Magic Threats: 3
Academic - Magic Groups: 3
Street - Fences: 3
Academic - Medicine: 3

Language: English(N)

Spellcasting: 6 (Spec: Healing)
Counterspelling:6
Pistols:3 (Spec: Heavy Pistols)
Astral Combat: 5
Ritual Spellcasting: 4
Sneaking:3
First Aid: 3
Etiquette: 3
Gymnastics: 3
Enchanting Group: 1
Conjuring Group: 1

Gear

Nuyen:650
Primary Lifestyle:Low (1 month pre-paid)

Gear

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all items listed.  Licences, Fake ID's, and related lifestyle things go here to.

• Fake SIN, Rating 2
  • Fake License for Ares Predator V, Rating 1 (tied to Rating 2 SIN)
  • Concealable Holster
  • Force 1 Power Focus
  • Force 4 Sustaining Focus (Manipulation)
  • 50 drams of reagents
  • Glasses w/ Low-Light Vision, Flare Compensation, Smartlink, Image Link

Melee Weapons

Ranged Weapons

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all weapons listed.

• Ares Predator V - Acc 5/7, 8P, -1 AP, SA, RC-, 15(c), Av 5R
  • 500 rounds of normal ammo

Armor

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all armour listed.

• Armor Jacket w/ Helmet (AR 14, Av 2

Comlink/Deck

Model: Renraku Sensei
Attack:
Sleaze:
Device Rating: 3
Data Processing:
Firewall:
Programs:

Spells/Preparations/Rituals/Complex Forms

Tradition: Hermetic Mage (Logic+Willpower)
Initiation: Grade 1

Metamagics:

• Spell Shaping

• Acid Stream - Combat, Phys, LOS, Phys, Instant, F-3, p284
  • Stunbolt - Combat, Mana, LOS, Stun, Instant, F-3, p284
  • Ball Lightning - Combat, Phys, LOS, Phys(A), Instant, F-1, p284
  • Heal - Health, Mana, Touch, Perm, F-4, p288
  • Increased Reflexes - Health, Mana, Touch, Sustain, F, p288
  • Improved Invisibility - Illusion, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F-1, p291
  • Silence - Illusion, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F-1, p291
  • Armor - Manipulation, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F-2, p292
  • Control Thoughts - Manipulation, Mana, LOS, Sustain, F-1, p293
  • Ice Sheet - Manipulation, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F, p293

Mentor Spirit: Dragonslayer
+2 Etiquette tests
+2 on Combat spell tests
-1 penalty to pools if you break a promise

Contacts

Street Doc - Connections 2, Loyalty 2
    Talismonger - Connections 3, Loyalty 2

Qualities

You can ignore all qualities that are involve personality.  Please add a small page reference or a summary to all Qualities listed.

• Focused Concentration 4 p74)
  • Mentor Spirit (Dragonslayer) p76
  • Moderate Allergy (Gold) p78
  • Incompetent (Close Combat) p81
  • Simsense Vertigo p83
  • Uncommon Bias (Trolls) p82

Priorities
Magic A
Attributes B
Skills C
Resources D
Metatype E

Karma Spent:
Base 25
+23 from Negative Qualities
-21 from Positive Qualities
-14 from Bonded Foci
-13 from Grade 1 Initiation

Spent Resources (50,000 initial):
Ares Predator V = 725N
Concealable Holster = 150N
500x normal ammo = 1000N
Armor Jacket = 1000N
Helmet = 100N
Renraku Sensei Comlink = 1000N
Fake Sin Rating 2 = 5000N
Glasses Capacity 4 = 400N
-Low-light Vision = 500N
-Flare Compensate = 250N
-Image Link = 25N
-Smartlink = 2000N

Rating 1 Power Focus = 18,000
Rating 4 Spell Focus (Manipulation, Sustaining) = 16,000
50 Drams of reagents = 1000N
1 month Low Lifestyle = 2000N
Fake License Rating 1 = 200N (Gun, Fake SIN 1)

650N remaining

Muse

Does anyone have acess to the erata? 

I was going to play an aspectd mage (sorceress), but it looks like aspected mages don't get any free spells.  Is that accurate? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 10, 2014, 03:32:17 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Okay, here's most of a sheet. The idea for the real-world character is a calm, almost phlegmatic electronics engineer who works as a QA consultant for high-end electronics factories. Middle-aged, Divorced with 2 kids. Plays MMOs for the escapism. Will fill in the missing bits tomorrow and the page citations I don't have.

Real World Character Sheet

Name:

Sexual Orientation:

Distinguishing Features/Marks:

Noteworthy Skills:

Personality:

Background:

Shadowrun Character Sheet

Personal Data

Name/Primary Alias:
Metatype: Human
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Height:180cm
Weight:75kg

Street Cred:0
Notoriety:0
Public Awareness:0
Total Karma:48
Misc:

Attributes

Body: 3
Agility: 3
Reaction: 3
Strength: 2
Willpower: 6
Logic: 5
Intuition: 3
Charisma: 3
Edge: 3
Essence: 6
Magic: 6

Initiative: 6+1d6
Astral Initiative: 6+2d6

Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 6
Memory: 11
Lift/Carry: 5 (30kg)
Movement: 6/12

Physical Limit:
Mental limit: 7
Social limit: 6

Condition Boxes:
Physical: 10
Stun: 11
Overflow: 3

Skills

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all skills listed

Academic - Magic Theory: 4
Academic - Magic Threats: 3
Academic - Magic Groups: 3
Street - Fences: 3
Academic - Medicine: 3

Language: English(N)

Spellcasting: 6 (Spec: Healing)
Counterspelling:6
Pistols:3 (Spec: Heavy Pistols)
Astral Combat: 5
Ritual Spellcasting: 4
Sneaking:3
First Aid: 3
Etiquette: 3
Gymnastics: 3
Enchanting Group: 1
Conjuring Group: 1

Gear

Nuyen:650
Primary Lifestyle:Low (1 month pre-paid)

Gear

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all items listed.  Licences, Fake ID's, and related lifestyle things go here to.

• Fake SIN, Rating 2
  • Fake License for Ares Predator V, Rating 1 (tied to Rating 2 SIN)
  • Concealable Holster
  • Force 1 Power Focus
  • Force 4 Sustaining Focus (Manipulation)
  • 50 drams of reagents
  • Glasses w/ Low-Light Vision, Flare Compensation, Smartlink, Image Link

Melee Weapons

Ranged Weapons

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all weapons listed.

• Ares Predator V - Acc 5/7, 8P, -1 AP, SA, RC-, 15(c), Av 5R
  • 500 rounds of normal ammo

Armor

Please add a small page reference or a summary to all armour listed.

• Armor Jacket w/ Helmet (AR 14, Av 2

Comlink/Deck

Model: Renraku Sensei
Attack:
Sleaze:
Device Rating: 3
Data Processing:
Firewall:
Programs:

Spells/Preparations/Rituals/Complex Forms

Tradition: Hermetic Mage (Logic+Willpower)
Initiation: Grade 1

Metamagics:

• Spell Shaping

• Acid Stream - Combat, Phys, LOS, Phys, Instant, F-3, p284
  • Stunbolt - Combat, Mana, LOS, Stun, Instant, F-3, p284
  • Ball Lightning - Combat, Phys, LOS, Phys(A), Instant, F-1, p284
  • Heal - Health, Mana, Touch, Perm, F-4, p288
  • Increased Reflexes - Health, Mana, Touch, Sustain, F, p288
  • Improved Invisibility - Illusion, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F-1, p291
  • Silence - Illusion, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F-1, p291
  • Armor - Manipulation, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F-2, p292
  • Control Thoughts - Manipulation, Mana, LOS, Sustain, F-1, p293
  • Ice Sheet - Manipulation, Phys, LOS, Sustain, F, p293

Mentor Spirit: Dragonslayer
+2 Etiquette tests
+2 on Combat spell tests
-1 penalty to pools if you break a promise

Contacts

Street Doc - Connections 2, Loyalty 2
    Talismonger - Connections 3, Loyalty 2

Qualities

You can ignore all qualities that are involve personality.  Please add a small page reference or a summary to all Qualities listed.

• Focused Concentration 4 p74)
  • Mentor Spirit (Dragonslayer) p76
  • Moderate Allergy (Gold) p78
  • Incompetent (Close Combat) p81
  • Simsense Vertigo p83
  • Uncommon Bias (Trolls) p82

Priorities
Magic A
Attributes B
Skills C
Resources D
Metatype E

Karma Spent:
Base 25
+23 from Negative Qualities
-21 from Positive Qualities
-14 from Bonded Foci
-13 from Grade 1 Initiation

Spent Resources (50,000 initial):
Ares Predator V = 725N
Concealable Holster = 150N
500x normal ammo = 1000N
Armor Jacket = 1000N
Helmet = 100N
Renraku Sensei Comlink = 1000N
Fake Sin Rating 2 = 5000N
Glasses Capacity 4 = 400N
-Low-light Vision = 500N
-Flare Compensate = 250N
-Image Link = 25N
-Smartlink = 2000N

Rating 1 Power Focus = 18,000
Rating 4 Spell Focus (Manipulation, Sustaining) = 16,000
50 Drams of reagents = 1000N
1 month Low Lifestyle = 2000N
Fake License Rating 1 = 200N (Gun, Fake SIN 1)

650N remaining

I PM'ed you!

Quote from: Muse on November 10, 2014, 04:55:25 AM
Does anyone have acess to the erata? 

I was going to play an aspectd mage (sorceress), but it looks like aspected mages don't get any free spells.  Is that accurate? 

I'm going to PM you!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Lockepick

Hey there! Voicing some interest if there is still room!

Is there any chance I could get an updated tally of what people are/aren't playing? I kind of got lost in the 5 pages of what concepts people were/weren't doing!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

ReijiTabibito

I called a Decker, but there's always room for more techy types.

Cuchulainn