What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Sheiba sama on November 18, 2009, 10:57:41 PM
Jusst started today...I'm in love XP
No one saw me for four plus days. I was addicted. It's so awesome.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on November 24, 2009, 05:52:12 PM
No one saw me for four plus days. I was addicted. It's so awesome.

Can't play.. haven't gotten my word count for the day.. got nuked last night.. that was sooooo embarrasing..but I was like 10 feet from ground zero. So.. I didn't suffer.. and I got a new title out of it!

Chris Brady

Assassin's Creed 2, DDO, Dragon Age, Torchlight...  What else have I installed on this...  Oh and I'm still playing Brütal Legend.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Drake Valentine

I just recently got back into playing Front Mission IV for the PS2. I never finished it awhile back, so it is on my completion list. Along with a few other PS2 games.. Like Ar Tonelio(sp?) that RPG with the singing girls and you 'dive' into them? Yea, I'm sure that sounds wrong in a way, but it is for story/plot/whatnot.

I wish they would translate and release Front Mission V in the US, but I guess that is never going to happen... Ever.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sabby

Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

...its not that bad >.> has its share of issues/

Kelly♥

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Easily one of the nicest games visually I've ever played. Not to mention that the main character is <3.

Drake Valentine

Yeah, Uncharted 2 does kick ass. I'll have to finish it sometime over weekend at friends since I own a 360 and not a PS3. I think it was PS3 only...?

Any who, me and friends beat the first one in like one day. ;\ Second is an improvement, you can't really stealth kill much in the first one or actually, you can't really be sneaky at all.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Sabby

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 29, 2009, 07:52:44 PMI think it was PS3 only...

The way some people carry on, if it came to 360, the world would end :P

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sabby on November 29, 2009, 08:14:06 PM

That is probably true. On one hand it would mean better marketing for the Naughty Dog company, on the other hand Naughty Dog company has always also been Sony faithful it would seem. Unless someone can prove me wrong on this note.

Caelan

ONLINE:
Currently playing Perfect World International, also have DDO installed but not playing overly much atm since I don't have the free time to dedicate to two different MMO's.

PS2

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2 (really want to get the perfect ending on that one)

Covert Revulsion

Assassin's Creed II.

Ezio is just yummy. <3

Juicy

Lilian

I'm playing Fort Zombie, Romance of the three Kingdoms 8, Realmz..

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on November 29, 2009, 08:14:06 PM
Console loyalty is so lame. They're products. If someone feels they have to give their loyalty over to a multinational company, especially a video game company. I'll respect their right to, just respect my right to laugh at them for it. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

IMO all games should play on all the consoles by law. That way the consumer can pick whatever console they like and play all the games they like without the added cost of two other consoles and a PC
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Also means a lot of lazy ports and devs taking less chances in exploring a consoles hardware potential. The Playstation 3 had an attrosious start and devs were intimidated by its unfamiliar hardware. It was only after people started to get their heads around it that more and better products came.

If, however, Bungie had been required to put Halo 3 on PS3, Naughty Dog had had to put Uncharted on 360, and so forth and so forth... we'll, look at groups like EA :P stuffing their games onto every platform they can, in as short a time as they manage, usually at the cost of quality... do you want all devs to work like EA? xD

Besides, nothing wrong with exclusives... I wouldn't waste my money on a PS3 if I could get Resistance 2, inFAMOUS, and any future games that catch my eye if I could get them on 360 :) and with some of those games most likely made primarily on the PS3 hardware, a mandatory 360 port would probably be... sloppy.

Brandon

I guess i see it differently Sabs. I think exclusives actually hurt the industry because it builds that console defender mentality in far to many people. It also forces people to buy mutliple consoles to play the really good games which hurts the consumer, not the industry. If all games were required to be on all consoles then people could pick which one they liked best which means more money getting spread to good consoles (i.e. anything besides the wii) and the consumer not taking the bullet for once

On that note, Im also starting to get annoyed with these multiplayer games with only some single player stuff getting released at full price (i.e Modern warfare 2, Borderlands,  and Halo: ODST). Seems like you can make a good multiplayer game, add in an hour of tripe thats called "story" and people will hail it like its the second coming of Jesus Christ. When are we going to stop letting the game companies screw us by producing games that shouldnt cost more then $30 yet are being charged $50 for?

On one final note, I got Dragon age: Origins today and its currently installing itself. I almost cant wait
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Paradox

Postholder so this thread will appear in my Unread Replies

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on December 02, 2009, 09:03:31 PM
Postholder so this thread will appear in my Unread Replies
Gee, Para. That sounds like a fun game. XD

Lots of Dragon Age. Trying to figure out some more clever ways to take the various thrones in Fereldan.

Darkcide

Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned currently.

Drivestort

The goddamn Batman Arkham Asylum, TF2, Champions Online. If you want, find me in the latter two, same name as here.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on October 25, 2009, 05:54:29 PM
Currently Playing:
Wild Arms 2(PS1) - Just got all my party members and I have begun the grinding process.
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth(PS1) - I am well over 100 hours.  I think I am in Chapter 4 out of 5 and I still got a long ways to go.
Kingdom Hearts(PS2) - This game takes the place of FFXII and I am very excited to play it.  I'm happy to play something more action oriented and I have heard such good reviews of it as well.
Makai Kingdom: Chronicles Of The Sacred Tome(PS2) - I am in the final chapter, so the levels are beginning to ramp up.  More grinding then.

So, I just beat Makai Kingdom.

I could have leveled some more, but I was getting so dang tired and I just wanted to beat it.  I had been playing that game since March and I had put about 105 hours into it.  Makai continues my tradition of beating NIS strategy RPG's as I beat Phantom Brave, Disgaea and La Pucelle Tactics beforehand.  Disgaea has been my favorite out of them.  I enjoyed Makai as it was rather funny and a bit more darker, but it was a bit too bland for my tastes.  It was good, but not the best.

Currently Playing:
Wild Arms 2(PS1) - I am about 15 hours into it and slowly moving along.  Some of the puzzles in the game are so damn hard!
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth(PS1) - I am about to start the last chapter and I have almost reached my one year anniversary of playing that game.
Kingdom Hearts(PS2) - I am currently at Aladdin's World.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - This game will be replacing Makai Kingdom and I cannot wait to play it.  However, I know it is going to take a LONG time to beat it.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Lystia

I've been playing Dragon Age for the better part of the week : )

Tonalberry

Currently playing GTA: The Lost and Damned part of GTA: Tales From Liberty City.  It's like Sons of Anarchy: The Video Game.  Or at least, I suppose it is, as I've never watched Sons of Anarchy.

Sabby

I just love that out of the two expansions, the Biker one shows penis, and the gay one doesn't...