365 reflections

Started by Chevalier des Poissons, December 29, 2009, 06:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevalier des Poissons

I will never write everything I know. I will never know everything I write. No matter how much time I will spend on this world, I will never share all those things I have learned. I like to say that, being 24 years old, I have been inflicted with the pain of someone who lived 35 years, the knowledge of someone who lived 45 years, and the spirit of someone who is alive for simple 15 years. Most of what I learned I owe to an uncle I had. He was a monk, and way ahead of his time, and he did his best to put me ahead of my time. Sometimes I like to agree with him, sometimes I disagree with him, and sometimes I simply destroy the conception of time.

I am being generous about myself. But I am not wrong. I am sorry for those who disagree, but when you have some knowledge, or skill, and you know you are not being overconfident or leaving reality when thinking about yourself, then why playing humble and try to repeat to yourself that you are not that much? There are two types of arrogance: the egocentric and empty arrogance, where people claim to be more than they really are; and the strong and confident arrogance, when someone knows their own merits and knows what they can do, not because they think about it, but because they already were there before. If you want to know which person is what, try denying their braggings. The agressive ones are the first type, the most shallows, while the second type simply accept it. We may see ourselves high, but he know when to step down and recognize our limitations.

I like to consider myself arrogant, it suits me well, specially in the second type. My uncle taught me that. He told me once that the key to the universe is balance, the equilibrium. So, humility would only bring people down, as the other side of that duality would bring people up so much that they would, of course, fall and get hurt.

People complicate things too much. Everything should be simple. Every situation should be easy to solved. However, they tend to mix feelings with reason, and this turns a simple situation of "A means B" into "A could mean B, but because of C the complications of D may not allow E to F with B".  Why is that? Can't we just accept the situation and try to work it out? Can't we just let things take their course?

I may be sensitive. I don't know. But I put mind above feelings. I believe that most feelings are senseless and innapropriate, therefore they should be ignored. For example: I don't cry. Crying wouldn't change anything about the situation. However, it is not that we must fight our feelings, we can let it flow. I just ignore them because their voice never says anything that matters. Another valuable thing taught by my mentor. However, this is my greatest flaw: As a musician, a writer and a poet, I must be able to always abide to my feelings, even if it is not appropriate. Now I pay the price for that, by shattering inside. My attitudes are still motivated only by what I think it is reasonable, and that's why I am easy-going. I don't find it reasonable - or useful - to be stressed with some happenings.

Social life is weird. People think that they must go out and meet people to apply their knowledges and obtain more knowledges. This is because of the ancient Greece, where Aristotle used to praise the empiric knowledge. I disagree. You can obtan knowledge of everything, and you don't need to build a pseudo-social life to become a better person, this is just a shallow misconception introduced by people with no depth, even if that doesn't apply like that today.

About the other people, this always confuse me. They apply their personal feelings to their reason, using sophistics to justify their love/hate towards something/someone. Because of that, there is no impartial communication, there is no impartial argument. Everything seems to be subjected by the heart, instead of by the mind.

This is just a part of what my uncle taught me. Everything is inside my head, and when he thought I was mature enough, by the age of 15 years, he told me to see the world. And I did. At least my world. When I came back to him, one week later, my cousin told me that, in that same morning, he took his breakfast and a deep breath, before smiling to her and going to his bed, where he closed his eyes for good. He knew his time was coming, the only kind of knowledge he didn't pass to me.

I know this sotry sounds fantastic, but there is no impartial communication, and I am letting my affection towards my uncle to filter and smooth my words for me. I am not ashamed of that, I am proud of being unable to be impartial about him. I, however, dishonor my mentor by not passing along everything I know, but there was another meaning behindhis teachings that I didn't realize yet, and when I do, I will finally write everything I know.

I don't understand why people hate their kind. I know there are the good and the people men and women, but still, why giving yourself the effort of hating someone? Can't you just let it go? When someone does something to me, or decides to become my enemy, I stop caring about them. I won't give myself the effort of hating someone, I just let it go.  No matter what they do, they will never hit me, and if one enemy decides to seek my friendship, I will give it to him.

I have people that hate me everywhere. Everybody has enemies, they just need to look around and find them. However, I suggest you to do as I do when someone decides to hate me. Tell them you love them. I never loved anyone in my life, but I say 'I love you' to someone that hates me, even if I need to take them down, or not. Why? Because of what I learned on a mexican show.

I love those who hate me, because I am a good person. And good people must love their enemies.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Ms Mad Hatter

People don't complicate things too much. If everyone bottled up their feelings, and only did what was ethical, that would be taking away any semblance to humanity. As a human race, we put ourselves above every other species because we can walk and talk and think and communicate. If you take away feelings from something, you're not speaking or doing from your heart; you're doing what is logically, ethically right in the eyes of mankind.

You're right; crying doesn't change anything. I bottle my feelings up a lot, and I know I do, and when I finally let those go, crying is just one more thing that adds to it. I don't cry in public, but sometimes, it's like an unstoppable force. Personally, I'd be happy if I could just block out my feelings.

And that is a lie. The bad feelings, maybe; hurt and anger, if I could just not feel them, I think life would be happier. I could choose to ignore those things, but they make me who I am. The way I react to a situation is dependant on how it makes me feel. If it makes me angry, if it makes me happy, if it makes me sad; those are all factors that help me decide what to do in a situation. Emotions can be confusing, and they can complicate things, but most of the time you usually feel them because you're supposed to. You can be easy-going and still feel.

If everything were to be subjected by the mind, it would be the same as putting a situation into a computer and having it tell you what to do. I'm not trying to degrade your uncle, but I disagree with what he taught you. Emotions give you passion, and a life without passion... is no life at all, in my opinion. People hate, people love, people cherish; it makes the world go round. Even war, without war we would be over-populated. As to saying 'I love you' to enemies, even if you don't, that's against my personal beliefs. I don't say something if I don't mean it, from the heart.

So that's my two cents.
The devil has no power... except in the dark.

Rider of Wind

I admire that you can love your enemies. That is something far outside of my emotional range. Love is spontaneous for me. I love or...I don't.

And hate...golly, hate is such a waste of energy.
Not currently taking new roleplays.
Rider's A/A's Update 10-20-14~ O/O's
Posting rate: On Hiatus until June 2nd.

Chevalier des Poissons

I answer. Ms Mad Hatter:

QuotePeople don't complicate things too much. If everyone bottled up their feelings, and only did what was ethical, that would be taking away any semblance to humanity. As a human race, we put ourselves above every other species because we can walk and talk and think and communicate. If you take away feelings from something, you're not speaking or doing from your heart; you're doing what is logically, ethically right in the eyes of mankind.

Agreed in part. However, logics and ethics walk in separate ways. See, most of things in ethic don't abide to what is logical, but what, based in common sense, would not be considered 'ethically fitting'. Let's take the example of medicine, and euthanasty. Oh, a very polemic issue.  Now, let's take an excusable example: a man with brain cancer that will die, and the doctor takes his life away to end his suffering. On the cold-logical view, his attitude made sense: that man was going to die, but with more pain, so he saved his patient.

Now, a wrong example: A doctor thinks that a patient in coma will die and ends his life. That was illogical, for he had no how to know if the man was going to recover. However, his excuse had a logical base: he didn't have to know when the man was going to be awake. Despite there are several logic flaws here, his base wasn't that bad.

Both examples are considered logical in some point, but also unethical because, based in the common sense, this is wrong and bad.

QuoteYou're right; crying doesn't change anything. I bottle my feelings up a lot, and I know I do, and when I finally let those go, crying is just one more thing that adds to it. I don't cry in public, but sometimes, it's like an unstoppable force. Personally, I'd be happy if I could just block out my feelings.

But, as my uncle taught me, blocking feelings isn't a good thing. You may block them, but they will only grow stronger, until they finally rebel you lose control of them. The best is to ignore them, so they will eventually fade away.

Feelings are more like a school bully. You will be bothered, but you just need to ignore them just to let them go.

QuoteIf everything were to be subjected by the mind, it would be the same as putting a situation into a computer and having it tell you what to do. I'm not trying to degrade your uncle, but I disagree with what he taught you. Emotions give you passion, and a life without passion... is no life at all, in my opinion. People hate, people love, people cherish; it makes the world go round. Even war, without war we would be over-populated. As to saying 'I love you' to enemies, even if you don't, that's against my personal beliefs. I don't say something if I don't mean it, from the heart.

But you can be passionate without your feelings. I mean, without most of them. I don't know, this is hard to answer just like that. I can be fully logical, but I never cease to be passionate.
-

Rider:

QuoteI admire that you can love your enemies. That is something far outside of my emotional range. Love is spontaneous for me. I love or...I don't.

And hate...golly, hate is such a waste of energy.

I agree with everything you said. I don't understand how people can feel hate. The most thing I feel towards someone is indifference. Good god, if someone is so negative towards you, why bother about that person?
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A