Irregularities in forum reporting

Started by Lilian, June 05, 2005, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilian

I am not recieving the "replies to threads you have posted on" properly, it's not showing up.

I have noticed that it will say I have gotton new messages, but I will enter into the messages, there will be nothing new. As I enter into messages, the number of messages will change.

I deleted from 65 to 17 messages... and now when I clicked  "Show new replies to your posts", it jumped up to showing as I had 65!  And when I clicked to post to you, it shows as me having 59, even though not that many are present.

Also, posting in a forum, as I was posting, it stopped me and said SEVENTEEN new replies were put in since I last posted, which was absolutely wrong.

Is anyone else having this trouble? Also, it just timed me out as I was posting through the messages, even though it was about two minutes of typing.

Silk & Steel

I had it time out on me once..but only once. My humble suggestion, is to copy your post to your clipboard before pushing the post button if it is one that you don't want to lose. That way if you do lose it, it is really easy to just post again and C&P.

Cheers,

Vandren

Quote from: Silk & Steel on June 05, 2005, 08:34:43 PM
I had it time out on me once..but only once. My humble suggestion, is to copy your post to your clipboard before pushing the post button if it is one that you don't want to lose. That way if you do lose it, it is really easy to just post again and C&P.

Cheers,

This may be my browser (Mozilla), but the one and only time I had a time-out, I hit the back button and my post was still typed out there.  Opened the Forums in a new tab, refreshed the forums, and hit post again, no problems.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei