[Exalted 2.5] Infernals: Heroes of Hell (LFM)

Started by Re Z L, November 23, 2012, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ExisD

I'm probably going to grab terrestrial circle if I can.

ShadowFox89

Well, I'll grab TCS anyway. Never hurts to have someone who can counter spells, especially when Infernals make heavy use of the sorcery keyword.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

I have sorcery.

As I mentioned I'm a Defiler. I have some leadership skills, social combat ability, sorcery, mental manipulation and craft (especially Genesis)

Aside from some sorcery I have quite a few charms branching from the "Mind Hand Manipulation" tree and the "Verdant Emptiness Endowment" tree.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Pumpkin Seeds

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 25, 2012, 11:03:03 PM
Sort of a mystical ruler type?

Exactly, he agrees with She that free will is too chaotic but wants to create a near mindless worker class from the common people.   - I posted my character concept and background earlier. ill relink it for ease of use in a second.

PaleEnchantress

Pumpkin Seeds

Cessali

Malefactor, voluntary prophet and speaker for the damned.  Social-fu with a minor in making everyone feel sorry for me and angry at the people who dare raise their hands.

Black Claw remains my favorite CMA for precisely the above reason.

I'll be dipping into sorcery pretty significantly in the future, but not so much off the bat.

ExisD

Ohh, I just realized that what I was thinking is very similar to what Pale made at least stats wise. Umm, I'll drop back unless I can figure out a new concept to use, wouldn't want to have people doing the same thing.

Pumpkin Seeds

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 25, 2012, 11:38:22 PM
We're a nice social group.

Nice for ourselves at least. For everyone else we are "Nice"

PaleEnchantress

I like building things and having a pimped out abode. I just have to decide between two hearthstones (which i take will determine the aspect of my manse) The Stone of Loyalty or The Deterministic Orb.

I'm sort of leaning toward The Deterministic Orb.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, sorry for silence. I will tell what I have more in mind for my char;

Slayer with favored yozi being Cecelyne (Malfeas being patron). Past Lives is connected to Merela. A heavy focus on MA (Infernal Monster Style) followed up by having Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai (so he can go apeshit on people in demonic form). His sobriquets are going to be Bloodclad Armando, Beast of Hell. So heavy offensive combat here but as Cecelyne is favored yozi there is going to be some rulership and worship going on around him.

His grandest deed in War was something what primordials did not expect at all; they set up for Sol Invictus assassination and my char asked pretty hard and often to come along. When asking reasons (considering his 'power level' compared other assassins) he just only mysteriously said 'I have best weapon against Sol Invictus which only I can use'. He left it mysterious and it resulted him come along. So he wrecked in heaven in major style (killed sids in massacre and followed up to pleasure dome), in there he did not participate much but when they reached Sol Invictus who was battering down the infernal champions so easy it was embarassing to watch, then my char unveiled Merela on purpose from his subconcious and Merela going outrigth screaming rampage and accusations bombardment on Sol Invictus.

Then in that moment, facing solar queen whom Sol Invictus had loved and seen to fall and unable to save her, seeing her in all fury and anger coming at him made him drop his Temperance, the source of his invulrenabillity and so my char did first harming blow on Sol Invictus and champions quickly followed and killed Sol Invictus before he recovered from his shock. So my char did not do killing blow nor killed Sol Invictus but he was key part to make it possible.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 26, 2012, 02:46:24 AM
Ok, sorry for silence. I will tell what I have more in mind for my char;

Slayer with favored yozi being Cecelyne (Malfeas being patron). Past Lives is connected to Merela. A heavy focus on MA (Infernal Monster Style) followed up by having Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai (so he can go apeshit on people in demonic form). His sobriquets are going to be Bloodclad Armando, Beast of Hell. So heavy offensive combat here but as Cecelyne is favored yozi there is going to be some rulership and worship going on around him.

His grandest deed in War was something what primordials did not expect at all; they set up for Sol Invictus assassination and my char asked pretty hard and often to come along. When asking reasons (considering his 'power level' compared other assassins) he just only mysteriously said 'I have best weapon against Sol Invictus which only I can use'. He left it mysterious and it resulted him come along. So he wrecked in heaven in major style (killed sids in massacre and followed up to pleasure dome), in there he did not participate much but when they reached Sol Invictus who was battering down the infernal champions so easy it was embarassing to watch, then my char unveiled Merela on purpose from his subconcious and Merela going outrigth screaming rampage and accusations bombardment on Sol Invictus.

Then in that moment, facing solar queen whom Sol Invictus had loved and seen to fall and unable to save her, seeing her in all fury and anger coming at him made him drop his Temperance, the source of his invulrenabillity and so my char did first harming blow on Sol Invictus and champions quickly followed and killed Sol Invictus before he recovered from his shock. So my char did not do killing blow nor killed Sol Invictus but he was key part to make it possible.

Pardon me sir, would you like to be a sex slave?

PaleEnchantress

Hmm this is a much better picture for my character.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Krule

Lovely character...

Going for a bit of a mix of SHLIHN and Cecelyne myself..

Actually, it's sort of scary how similar what I was thinking was to what PaleEnchantress is going for, but from the other direction, Malefactor with some SHLIHN charms... but I may also do Malfeas charms as well... may have to shift directions slightly.

PaleEnchantress

Any marvel fans here also knowledgeable in exalted?  I was wondering how I could design a weakness/strength similar to that of the beautifully vile marvel villain Black Queen/Selene.

The Black Queen has an immense amount of power but as she uses it she rapidly ages (it technically causes her to start reverting to her real age: over 14 thousand years old but for our purposes the difference is negligible) she can rejuvenate herself by draining the life of others. Being both very vain and very evil she is loathe to expend too much power. When she does smart allies know to run because she will  not let herself remain old for long. I remember in one issue she was fighting the avengers and she brought backup in the form of a bunch of regular humans armed with guns. By time they realized why she would bring gunmen to a fight against people immune to bullets, it was to late. It's almost like The Lilim from Stardust if you know who they are instead.

It's rather a darkly romantic mechanic for someone extremely vainglorious

I have some ideas I think i'll run by the Storyteller. Maybe a custom trait that modifies APP based on how full his essence pool is.... I think SWLIHN even has a easy to qualify for charm that drains essence.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Krule on November 26, 2012, 11:10:56 AM
Lovely character...

Going for a bit of a mix of SHLIHN and Cecelyne myself..

Actually, it's sort of scary how similar what I was thinking was to what PaleEnchantress is going for, but from the other direction, Malefactor with some SHLIHN charms... but I may also do Malfeas charms as well... may have to shift directions slightly.

I did notice your character's motif implied you might even want the same Ceclyne tree I'm in to. Malfeas has some cool and subversive charms. I noticed all the insidious attack modifying ones can only affect physical attacks and not psychic ones (which is what The Bitch Queen uses) so I won't be taking any of them.

One of my characters Manses may be Malfeas themed, and he probably wants to seduce Ligear but that has nothing to do with charms and abilities.

Cessali

Don't let the "psychic" moniker fool you; Malfeas Charms like Green Sun Nimbus Flare can absolutely enhance attacks made with Mind-Hand Manipulation.  While you can only use GNSF to enhance attacks on targets within (Essence) yards with the base Charm, the GNSF upgrade Kissed By Hellish Noon extends that range to as far as your weapons (and MHM is a weapon for purposes of things like this!) can go.

If you're looking for something to make your social attacks frightening, I'd suggest Crowned by Fury, also in Malfeas.  It is more or less the ultimate in easy-maintenance domination with the side effect of making it impossible to disguise your commands as anything but radiating authority.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Jarick on November 26, 2012, 04:35:59 PM
Don't let the "psychic" moniker fool you; Malfeas Charms like Green Sun Nimbus Flare can absolutely enhance attacks made with Mind-Hand Manipulation.  While you can only use GNSF to enhance attacks on targets within (Essence) yards with the base Charm, the GNSF upgrade Kissed By Hellish Noon extends that range to as far as your weapons (and MHM is a weapon for purposes of things like this!) can go.

If you're looking for something to make your social attacks frightening, I'd suggest Crowned by Fury, also in Malfeas.  It is more or less the ultimate in easy-maintenance domination with the side effect of making it impossible to disguise your commands as anything but radiating authority.

That's good to know. I'm near overdrawn at the charm bank though so I probably wont be working any of those in just yet. I do have a few questions. First Infernals don't have a special material for artifacts of their own. Do I take penalties for using an artifact as if it was "made of the wrong material" or is there some other mechanic in place? This is both in regards to weapon and armor that usually have a special substance but can be made without one, and things like hearthstone bracers which don't seem to have any possibility of not being made from a special material.

Secondly does anyone else look at craft (genisis) and go OMGOTH it's Vicissitude!

Cessali

With a vitriol bath, any artifact of the five magical materials can be reconsecrated such that all Infernal Exalts, GSP or otherwise, resonate with it.  It's one of the advantages GSPs have artifact-wise, made up for by the fact that the vitriol reconsecration bath requires five straight days of attention and chanting and whatnot; purifying any artifact that's had that bath "requires powerful cleansing Charms or sorcery" as per the book.

If for whatever reason you don't want to have that done, you can always purchase the Artifact 1 Harmonic Adaptor SomethingOrOther from Wonders of the First Age.  An Exalt that applies that little thing to an artifact they own doesn't have to pay double to gain the MM bennies.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Jarick on November 26, 2012, 05:26:59 PM
With a vitriol bath, any artifact of the five magical materials can be reconsecrated such that all Infernal Exalts, GSP or otherwise, resonate with it.  It's one of the advantages GSPs have artifact-wise, made up for by the fact that the vitriol reconsecration bath requires five straight days of attention and chanting and whatnot; purifying any artifact that's had that bath "requires powerful cleansing Charms or sorcery" as per the book.

If for whatever reason you don't want to have that done, you can always purchase the Artifact 1 Harmonic Adaptor SomethingOrOther from Wonders of the First Age.  An Exalt that applies that little thing to an artifact they own doesn't have to pay double to gain the MM bennies.

This is good. I think I can easily justify this since I was planning on having vitriol craft specialty and thaumaturge path anyway.

PaleEnchantress

Oh yes and there any power armors that dont make me look like a damn transformer without also being weakened significantly so they can be used by martial artists?

Krule

Actually, Malefactor with Malfeas favored and decent smattering of SHLIHN charms... lose the wishmaster aspect and go for Divine Ruler all the way.. Malfeas Excellency instead of Cecelyne's

KNEEL BEFORE ME!!

What's that, not willing... fine.. then you serve in other ways.

Principle-Invoking Onslaught - Transmute fool into gold... oh, hey it's a new kind of Fool's Gold.