Pathfinder: Adventurers Welcome (Recruiting)

Started by kckolbe, September 30, 2013, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EndofDivine

Ok...so here's what I came up with. Sorry for throwing out another Paladin but it's really the only class that fits the concept. Took Warrior of the Holy Light as an archetype. Mostly looking to flavor all of her abilities as a 'divine energy barely contained by a mortal vessel' type thing. Smite Evil, Lay on Hands, all her auras would be accompanied by radiant white light seeping from her, spreading across her weapon, her hands, or whatever is appropriate for the ability. Made the changes to Aasimar that I told you about and replaced the normal celestial resistances with Deathless Spirit which gives her resistances to negative energy, death effects, and necromancy which I think fits a lot better for her. Also gave the race Scion of Humanity since I think it makes sense for her to count as a human and an outsider. Hope that's all ok. :P

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=671219

Background
In order to tell the story of Masota Kaedin, one must first turn to her father, Sirreth Kaedin. For most of his life, Sirreth was a mage of little importance living in Cheliax with his wife Alma. Unfortunately for himself and his family, Sirreth had delusions of grandeur far beyond his station in life. He desired wealth, he desired power, and above all, he desired respect and fear from his peers. To gain all this, Sirreth turned to the devil Illazadiel and his infernal contract. Illazadiel offered Sirreth everything he wanted for a simple price: the soul of his unborn child. Sirreth agreed but was murdered weeks later by a mob of wizards, driven into a paranoid panic by the scope of his abilities. Sirreth got what he always wanted and deserved, and Illazadiel claimed his prize.

Months passed, Alma grieved her foolish husband, and the child continued to grow until the day of birth arrived. Alma's child was delivered stillborn, nothing more than a soulless husk. But where others would look down upon the scene and see only tragedy, the goddess Sarenrae viewed the empty vessel and saw hope. She imbued the child with the divine essence of one of her angelic followers, giving life to her once again and granting the child a touch of divinity.

Alma departed Cheliax not long after. A newborn that can speak Celestial has few friends in the nation of devils. Masota's mother finally settled in southern Taldor, far away from the troubles of Cheliax. She did her best to raise her child as a normal girl but the gifts bestowed upon Masota also seemed destined to rob her of anything resembling a normal childhood. Masota's incredibly slow aging soon became all anyone in the town could talk about, especially after Masota took it upon herself to start healing the injured and sick amongst the town.

Masota enjoyed several decades of near-celebrity status in her new home, though her past finally caught up to her forty years after her birth. Illazadiel's minions descended upon the town one cold winter night, searching for the girl that dared mock him by merely existing. Masota's mother gave her only child to a rider fleeing from the town so that she may live. Alma correctly assumed that her own death would be enough to satiate the devil's bloodlust for now and remained behind in the burning town.

Masota spent the next two decades living with the Gyran family, refugees from her town that had survived as well. As she grew into a teenager, she became increasingly focused on improving herself and her abilities. She told herself all of the training was to better serve Sarenrae...but deep down she desired revenge.

Now an adult, Masota seeks new ways to serve the people of the world and by extension, her goddess. The advertisement for an adventuring guild caught her eye...the benefits seemed obvious to her. It would keep her traveling, hopefully staying one step ahead of those that might still hunt her. It would allow her the chance to help those in need. And perhaps she might even find a mixture of experience, wealth, and allies that would finally allow her to rid this world of that miserable devil that has taken literally everything from her.

Appearance
Masota is slightly taller than most other females with an athletic build, though it's difficult to tell since she's rarely unequipped for battle. She looks to be fairly young; anyone making a guess as to her age would assume her to be in her early 20s. Her blonde hair is kept slightly shorter than shoulder length and her eyes are an exceptionally light shade of blue.

While her divine essence has done little to convince others that she's anything other than human, there are a few things about her that are a little...off. Anyone who cares to put enough effort into it might notice a few strange things about her appearance that give away her true nature. Her hair never grows, her skin is perfectly smooth (she doesn't have any pores and her skin never scars), her breath always has an invigorating scent, and her face is so perfectly symmetrical it's as if an artist painstakingly carved it from stone. Her voice is also strangely soothing, though those who listen can't quite put their finger on why it is. Anyone that can converse with Masota in Celestial might find her to be a bit too comfortable in its use.

The only jewelry Masota wears is an old pendant that once belonged to her father. She keeps it as a reminder of what is at the end of the road for those that follow the path of temptation.

Personality
Masota has given her life to the service of Sarenrae. After all, if it weren't for her intervention, Masota wouldn't have a life to live in the first place. She follows the tenets and teachings of Sarenrae's faith with an adamant passion...so much so that some would call her overzealous in her pursuit of Sarenrae's ideals.

Masota's typical demeanor can only be described as stoic. She tries her best to be patient in all things, though she will be the first to admit she's not perfect. There have been times in the past where her temper has clouded her judgment; the right word or action igniting the embers of divine wrath swirling inside her.

Despite her seemingly unshakeable belief in the life Sarenrae has placed before her, Masota has her doubts at times. Mostly, she questions whether her actions are truly her own. Would she so readily serve if she wasn't a vessel for one
of Sarenrae's angelic servants? Is this truly the path she wishes to walk or merely the one she was forced upon?

Lockepick

Name: Slatemane
Race: Child of Diadem (Custom)
Class: Spellthief

Description: Slatemane is physically that of an eighteen year old Human, even if he hasn't been around even half that time. He stands at 5'8", shorter than most, with a trim, lithe body. His skin is fair, but otherwise unmarred and smooth. His namesake is the hair on his head: a light slate-blue color. The hair is shaved close to the scalp along the sides of his head, and the top is longer to hang down behind him in a short mohawk. His eyes are a brighter shade of blue, a deep sapphire that grow brighter when he's retaining or discharging spells.

Personality: The world outside the tower he was created in is all new to him. It's a world of experience and sensation that he wants to explore. Adventuring exposes him to events and experiences he'd never have otherwise, and allows him to constantly be exploring new places and wonders. Social norms don't come naturally to him, and he's still struggling to learn what is and isn't acceptable, which can make him seem crass or rude. In situations of high etiquette, he tends to favor simply shutting up and listening.

History: Slatemane is a 'successful' project of the wizard Diadem, a mad archmage trying to create his heir as the most magically pure creature. Slatemane was the first child made that did not have any natural magical ability that wasn't a twisted monstrosity. Diadem's curiosity was the only thing that kept Slatemane from being immediately slaughtered for parts. He was locked up in quarantine, until Diadem had time to experiment and dissect him. His ability to 'spellthieve' came as a surprise to him as much as it did the guards of his cell. He quickly turned their own magic against them before escaping Diadem's tower. Slatemane has always kept moving; partially because he is terrified that Diadem is still after him, and partially because the world outside the tower is new to him.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

amol

@lockepick:

Spellthief is a D&D class. This game is supposed to be pathfinder.

And what kind of race is a Child of Diadem???

@every one

Remember when you level in your favoured class (also level 1) then you get the normal favoured class bonus PLUS 1 extra skill point that can be put in craft, profession or preform
To all the people I RP with: I'm getting quite ill at the moment. So if I do not reply to games in the coming days it's not because I've abandoned you. It'll be because I can't.

Countdown0

Quote from: amol on October 02, 2013, 05:24:06 PM

Remember when you level in your favoured class (also level 1) then you get the normal favoured class bonus PLUS 1 extra skill point that can be put in craft, profession or preform

Does that mean that Cadrim should have a 7th skill point and 10 HP instead of 9? Because I didn't apply his half-elf bonus skill point/health point for favored classes to his first level.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

amol

Yes he should have 7 skill points PLUS the favoured class bonus that could also be a skill point or a HP (or something else) - but I think he already has 7 skill points
To all the people I RP with: I'm getting quite ill at the moment. So if I do not reply to games in the coming days it's not because I've abandoned you. It'll be because I can't.

Faolchu

"PCs will start with one trait, but may receive extra based on how much I like the character concept."

So, does that mean we get an extra Trait from the Advanced Race Guide for our Race without sacrificing one of the standard Racial Traits?
Sir, remember your course correction?
No.
We'll it's proving somewhat more suicidal than we initially hoped for.

amol

No it means you may select one and only one trait (in stead of the normal two).

If you have a nice character concept you may be rewarded with an appropriate trait.

Countdown0

Quote from: amol on October 02, 2013, 05:56:34 PM
Yes he should have 7 skill points PLUS the favoured class bonus that could also be a skill point or a HP (or something else) - but I think he already has 7 skill points

Right, he does... but as a Wizard he get's 2 base, and his Int bonus give him another 4. He also get's an extra 1 for the horse rule. So, should I have 8 instead? For the half-elf racial thingy?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

amol

Quote from: Countdown0 on October 02, 2013, 06:37:20 PM
For the half-elf racial thingy?
Not sure what half-elf racial thingy you are referring to.

atenai

Countdown, you're looking at 2 + INT (4) + 1 (houserule craft/etc) = 7... plus one IF your favored class bonus was applied to skill point, instead of HP. You get one or the other for favored class bonus.
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Countdown0

Quote from: atenai on October 02, 2013, 06:51:10 PM
Countdown, you're looking at 2 + INT (4) + 1 (houserule craft/etc) = 7... plus one IF your favored class bonus was applied to skill point, instead of HP. You get one or the other for favored class bonus.

Oh, it only applies to one or the other? :P My bad.

I'll stick with the extra HP then. I don't feel a desperate need for an extra trained knowledge skill.

Thanks for clearing this up for me :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

atenai

Yep. The bonus you get as a half-elf is that you get two favored classes, so you could multi-class later on and still get that +1 skill or HP.

Sorry to butt in, I GM Pathfinder on another site so it was actually something I could point out. (*yay helpful for a change*)
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Faolchu

kolbe: Here's my initial character sheet... http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12889

Human +2 Ability: Charisma
Human Bonus Feat: Extra Channel
Campaign Bonus Skill Point: Perform (Singing)

EDIT: Granted public viewing pemission
Sir, remember your course correction?
No.
We'll it's proving somewhat more suicidal than we initially hoped for.

Ebb

Quote from: Faolchu on October 02, 2013, 07:07:03 PM
kolbe: Here's my initial character sheet... http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12889

Human +2 Ability: Charisma
Human Bonus Feat: Extra Channel
Campaign Bonus Skill Point: Perform (Singing)

It looks like you need to mark the character as public for viewing, Faolchu.

kckolbe

D&D classes are allowed with special permission.  I am editing the class slightly.  Child of Diadem is just the name he gave to a race he created using the race builder.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Florence

Sorry I've been really quiet in this thread. I'll try to have Meredith's sheet up soon. :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

cryorage

so Muse tossed me a link to the thread.  still lookin for more at all?  I have a few ideas for some concepts all ready which should be interesting.
The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic…
For I now find I have no choice at all.

I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.
~Dinobot

kckolbe

No worries, Finn.  I expect you have a few more days.

Cryorage: I am still looking for people willing to run modules, and am still accepting applications to play characters.

Edit:  Bigwad73 has decided to bow out.  There is almost no competition for staff slots.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Question about gear packs.

Will we be able to choose a weapon that suits the character, or will it all be generic? As an example, Tari's style is built around a light weapon and fast footwork... think fencer or Renn style duels.

On the same note, will the kit include class necessary tools as well?

On a different topic, characters start with no coin at all. Might that be changed to a few small coins for things like food and drinks and such outside of the guild? People had to get there, afterall, and something like 5 or 6 GP could feed a character fairly well for several days of foot travel.

Just thoughts.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

The kits will include a little money for travel and incidentals as well as some basic gear.  As for weapons/armor, your first items likely won't be your preferred gearing, but characters will have the opportunity to fix that. 

Intro Thread

Florence

How's this?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=672029

I haven't filled out much of the fluff yet, I'll do that after I've slept. I wanted to get a bare bones skeleton out there.

The concept of the character is she's a half-drow (drow-blooded alternate trait, but not drow-magic, though I took wary to reflect her early life), who basically spent the first 12-13 years of her life fending for herself and whatnot. She took refuge in a temple to Shelyn quite often and fell in love with the beautiful songs she heard there, and eventually began to worship the Eternal Rose herself. Shortly after that, however, she found herself driven out of the town she'd been staying at, and hitched a ride with a traveling band of dwarves on... some quest. I'll work out the specifics. Anyway, when they discovered her, they first thought of tossing the little half-drow out to find her way home, but couldn't bring themselves to be so cruel once they realized she had nowhere else to go. They let her stick around and in exchange she basically took care of menial chores and whatnot. She proved to be pretty good at picking up languages, and learned dwarven from them, surprising them one day by interrupting a private conversation. As she grew older, they also taught her some basic combat skills, and she learned how to shoot a crossbow. When she was around 16-17, they parted ways, and she found herself in a big city. She had some misadventures, learned halfling, fell in love, had some heartache, picked up some new skills, and basically just experienced all the drama you'd expect from a teenager. One thing lead to another and somehow, by the time she was 20, she found her way to this fun little group.

Feel free to point out any mistakes, I was a little low on sleep when I filled it out.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

kckolbe

Looks pretty good.  We have two half-drow applicants now.  I'll edit the first post.

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I have worked my char almost ready. Considering he has rather charismatic appeal...could it possible Finn that your char got heart crush on my char?

Anyways, just missing some purchases before my char is complete. He does not have many ranks but he has spread his skills very well so he is able teach wide variety of stuff (including disabling traps and knows how disable magical traps like rogue does).

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 03, 2013, 08:12:33 AM
Feel free to point out any mistakes, I was a little low on sleep when I filled it out.

It's "taking refuge", since as it is... it could be interpreted to mean having an excrement in a temple :P

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 03, 2013, 11:43:45 AM
It's "taking refuge", since as it is... it could be interpreted to mean having an excrement in a temple :P

That draws quite comedic mental image :P.