Blind Accessible online games?

Started by Blinkin, November 25, 2015, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hiya fella's.

I know this is probably a question that few may know anything about, but what the hell, right? I'm not having much luck with browsing.

I've recently gotten fed up with a browser game that I've been playing; mainly because the designer has been sending out PM's about lack of donations and monetary support and not being able to sit all day  and code for the game. I feel for the guy, but it's getting annoying to see the things every few days.

So, I've been trying to find a web-based RPG, something with the potential of being interactive with other players, and is blind accessible. I know that last part is sticky in today's graphics driven world, but I find myself with more and more time on my hands and little to really do.

I love E, love to write and interact with people and have fun, but there are times... more often of late, when I either have tons of stuff to post to and nothing at all to reply to. So... slowly going nuts overall.

Anyone know of a MMO or anything at all that may be playable by a blind man? I looked a couple of months ago at Pathfinder Online... but couldn't even tell if it was actually up or not, much less if it was accessible... warcraft... same thing... and so on. Contacting support seems to get me a brush-off, or on the rare occasion that I get a response, it's sort of like a head scratcher... blind people play role-playing games??

So... help? Advice? Suggestins? Scratching heads?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Kye

I read an article a year or so ago about the Wildstar MMO.  The man who wrote it was almost completely blind and able to play, he seemed really impressed with it.  I don't know anything beyond that, but it might be worth checking out.

Blinkin

I've heard of it and saw a Youtube video; he talked at some length about what happened on the screen and how things appeared visually. I'm not sure about it being "accessible" for a fully blind, but I'll go and check it out. Thanks.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.