News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anyone know more about itunes?

Started by King_Furby, November 07, 2008, 07:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I am thinking about buying a tv show from itunes, but there is something i wanted to ask. i wanted to ask someone who uses itunes actually.

Does anyone know if you can play the media outside of itunes. like using a different media player? It said that you can burn the media onto a dvd, yet it does not play on most dvd players. so i was hopeing if you could get just the media file outside of itunes you can then on your own burn it to a dvd that will work.

has anyone burned a Tv show or movie onto a dvd and actually get it to play on a dvd player? with itunes.

orangeredsun

The itunes file has protection on it because of copyright laws etc. Basically it uses it so you cant burn a bunch and sell it. It is possible to convert it but it would be illegal so I am not going into specifics.

Often times with normal files it will actually give a burn limit until that file goes bad, as well. Even if you are using an apple device.

It would be easier to get the TV show elsewhere and then burn it to the DVD.

To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

King_Furby

Hunting for a good place to get downloads, legally is a big pain in the ass. either it's one of those scam sites, ungodly expensive from the store or not existant. thanks i will continue to look for other options.

I was just simply wanting to have a more concreat of keeping and viewing the file, guess itunes isn't the place for me to get what i want.

grrr stupid itunes.

thanks you were very helpful.

Psi

Depending on your location, you can download items from iTunes and convert them Legally.

Here in AU we have the ability to Format Shift music from AudioCD > MP3 or AAC > MP3 but not make copies.

Video is similiar - however DVD's are not.

I have been able to download trailers from iTunes, and open them in other formats - generally they are MPEG 4.  *.m4a or *.m4v

orangeredsun

Oh yes I should add that this is for American copy right laws. I do not know of the international and what itunes does globally.
To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

Psi

Quote from: orangeredsun on November 08, 2008, 11:03:10 AM
Oh yes I should add that this is for American copy right laws. I do not know of the international and what itunes does globally.

Because we don't have fair use, I don't quite know the specifics - but in the US, you might be able to format shift it legally for your own use, as long as you are not circumventing the DRM, which is the illegal part.

However I doubt someone would pull up an individual for circumventing the DRM to use media for personal use if the most they are doing with the end result is watching it in there own DVD player, and not distributing it.