Want to RP - if I make it in?

Started by Malefique, May 28, 2011, 06:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malefique

Noob hovering on the brink here, but just in case I make the grade I thought I'd offer up an idea of what I'm about.  I'm an old-style pen and paper gamer, whose gaming group fell apart and who can't find any players locally, so I'm looking for new colleagues here.  I am very happy to join in on other people's games, and I'll be scanning around for ones to join as soon as I'm let fully loose (wouldn't be fair to commit before I'm accepted).  But as a GM, Keeper, whatever you want to call it, I have a number of creations which have already been play-tested and which I thought I'd offer up here.  Let me know if anything takes your fancy - you never know, it might just help get me through the doors permanently.  I'm putting them up as non-adult but depending on how people feel if I'm accepted, I could put them on an adult footing.

Dark Age Vampire Masquerade: I have created a little trading town on the coast of Rus, sandwiched between the werewolf-thronged Norselands and the aggressive Ventrue who lead the Teutonic Knights.  A busy, cosmopolitan place, Vistina hides darker secrets in its walls than just vampires.

Call of Cthulhu: As a member of the Night Scholars, an underfunded and undervalued  branch of the British intelligence service (with occasional secondments of agents from other nations), you will be called on to face all manner of strange and unpleasant things in the call of duty.   Occult terrorists are no joke.

World of Darkness:  I also have a crossover setting for any old-school World of Darkness character - vampires, shapeshifters, hunters, mages, changelings, even wraiths can find a place.  The place is old Lisboa - Lisbon, Portugal.  The time is 1938, and the world is on the brink of a war in more than one dimension.  Hitler's military forces are backed by the dark forces of the Technocracy,  the demented Silver Fang werewolves of the SS, and certain vampire clans.  With the allies stand the free mages of the traditions, many vampire clans and factions, and a lot of shapeshifter tribes.  On both sides these groups, traditionally distrustful of or hostile to each other, must for now bury their differences to succeed.  Lisbon is a hotbed of espionage and sabotage where the two opposing sides manoueuvre against each other.   But for others it is a refuge and a sanctuary - a neutral ground.   The peace of Lisbon, fragile though it may be, is maintained among the Others by the power of the Order of St Jerome; a disciplined force of warrior clerics also numbering vampires, mages, hunters and so on among them.  But they answer to no outside loyalty, and for the Order they will ruthlessly slaughter even their own kin if  it be deemed necessary by Monsignor Rolando.

All of those suggestions are open to anyone who wants to throw a character in, I'm quite flexible about these things; and if anyone wants to keep secrets about their character (after all, maybe you wouldn't want every Tom, Dick and Werewolf knowing you're a Toreador or an Order of Hermes mage), we can certainly sort out some private message system to achieve it.  And those are just a sample, I have lots and lots of ideas.  But don't forget, I love to play, and I'll be looking for leaders so I can have the fun of not knowing what's coming next.  Fingers crossed, I'll be on the adult section next week!

Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Malefique

Well, I'm in, so if anyone did want to have a go at group or singleton rp-ing in the worlds I outlined, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Ducat

The Dark Age Vampire Masquerade sounds interesting. I would prefer to write it by way of a forum thread or PM, if that is possible.

Ducat

Also, I am pretty sure you do not need to be approved or anything in order to make non-adult RPs. :)

Malefique

Oh, I know you can do a non-adult rp when unapproved, but my games seem to have a habit of turning very 18 certificate.  I'm approved now any way, but since I see you haven't got through yet, give me an idea what kind of character you're thinking of and we can work something out.  I go on old-school White Wolf clans and disciplines, since I only have the old books (didn't see why I should pay out for a set of brand new books when the old system had nothing wrong with it!), but if you have something else in mind we can discuss it.

Dukat

Quote from: Malefique on June 07, 2011, 06:07:09 AM
Oh, I know you can do a non-adult rp when unapproved, but my games seem to have a habit of turning very 18 certificate.  I'm approved now any way, but since I see you haven't got through yet, give me an idea what kind of character you're thinking of and we can work something out.  I go on old-school White Wolf clans and disciplines, since I only have the old books (didn't see why I should pay out for a set of brand new books when the old system had nothing wrong with it!), but if you have something else in mind we can discuss it.

Hey, completely lost access to my old account, this is my new one. I am thinking that I may play as a Teutonic Knight who cared more for the glory and power of being in the order than out of any sincere piety, and because of his flexible morals and capacity for being a good warrior and leader got picked to be Embraced as a Ventrue. Using the oWoD material is perfectly fine. :)

Malefique

I like the sound of the Teutonic Knight.  I can definitely work with that.  Give me a couple of days to put some ideas together, and we'll see where we go from there. 

Dukat

Quote from: Malefique on June 08, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
I like the sound of the Teutonic Knight.  I can definitely work with that.  Give me a couple of days to put some ideas together, and we'll see where we go from there.

OK, I will be waiting, hopefully I will be approved by then. :)

Dukat

Oh, BTW, how much control will I have over the character's background? I have his story up until his arriving at Vistina to pledge to the Teutonic Knights figured out, but if you want to make his background you could do that (although I would really prefer the former.) And will we start around the time he is Embraced, or 25 years later? That would change what retainers he has.

Malefique

I'm generally okay with you creating his background, and he'll be pledging at Meinz - Vistina is not controlled by the Teutonic Order (yet...).  I think it will work well if he has been about ten years Embraced, so this can be by way of a test of his ability and potential for promotion, perhaps even for carving out a new fiefdom of his own.

Malefique

Public announcement; to anyone looking in interested in some non-adult rp with me, group or solo, I'm posting some suggestions in the adult requests section for groups.  To avoid relisting all of them in four different forums, I'm just going to pop a notice like this in the other two and you can go check them out.  Apologies if you are not approved yet and feel left out, if you're interested pm me and I'll send you a copy of the listing.  I'm posting the listing up as Malefique's Box of Delights.

Please be warned, I can't always get online every day, but hopefully it will never be more than a couple of days before I get to reply. 

Dukat

Quote from: Malefique on June 10, 2011, 07:16:41 AM
I'm generally okay with you creating his background, and he'll be pledging at Meinz - Vistina is not controlled by the Teutonic Order (yet...).  I think it will work well if he has been about ten years Embraced, so this can be by way of a test of his ability and potential for promotion, perhaps even for carving out a new fiefdom of his own.

OK, do you want me to PM it to you, or how would you like me to convey it?

Malefique