Where else do you post.

Started by King_Furby, January 04, 2008, 05:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

Thought it would be interesting to discuss what types of other forums you like that are not strictly role play related. Here are some rules.
1. No posting the URL or exactly naming the site. I was told that i guess we are not allowed to post links unless the site links to us here as well. So you have to keep in general.
2. Tell what you like about the forum.
3. Tell what it is about.
4. Tell what you dislike about it.
5. Tell us what your status is there (Moderator, Admin., Member)

One of my favorite forums is a forum that is dedicated to the game Halo Custom Edition for the PC. Halo CE is an unsupported upgrade to Halo PC that allows for custom map creation. This community is for discussions about the game, new maps, and for getting help making maps and using the editing kit. There is not really anything i dislike about the forum. I like that this forum does not allow sigs or custom avatars. For the halo forum community it works out best that way. It is also run by only one admin. who is also the moderator and he does it perfectly. The community is a decent size and has many friendly people. I enjoy seeing all the new projects people are making. I am one of the most active members here.

The second forum i visit besides Elliquiy is one that is for a game called Rumble Fighter. It's a 3d online fighting game. The game itself does not have a good community but the forum does. The forum is a nice friendly place, though small compared to the in game players. Not even a 4th of the community visit the forum so it's pretty small. But i like to talk about the new in game items, talk strategy and just have a good time. I also like how on this forum if you move your mouse over the topic title you can read the first few lines on the post. This allows you to see if it's a topic you actually want to post in. I am just a member here. One thing i don't like is the forum loads slow and sometimes does not load the entire forum and you have to refresh a few times.

kongming

The Gaming Den: I'm just a member there, but I like it. Basically, we discuss roleplaying games. We criticise them for any minor problem, as a way of alerting people to the problem so they needn't discover it themselves, but we also come up with solutions. Many supplements are made for D&D there, specifically "How to put up with the stupid shit WotC made, and balance stuff again." and "Okay, by the standard rules, here's something strange. Let's assume the world actually includes that, and see what happens."

Also, unlike the WotC forums and all, we're allowed to use the word "fuck". This is more important than you think, what with all the rants, such as those on anyone involved in 4th Edition, and whatever. We're currently making our own new edition, with a deadline of "Before 4E comes out" and with a goal of "Less time. Less people. Let's make it better than whatever they make. That way, they have no excuse, and we can play something we all helped make and properly playtest. Something that's as close to perfect as it can get."
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Sakujo

This is my main forum for the time being, though I'm really more of a chat-haunt right now. However, I also occasionally visit a Final Fantasy forum, though it crashed and there isn't much content now. I just happened to be a member of said forum in its old days, and thus popped in for the fun of it. I've also asked them to help me make a trivia list for my new bot. :D
Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on October 16, 2007, 07:52:07 pm
"Intelligence reports are useful only to the intelligent."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Sugarman (hal)

CBB3d (I'm an moderator there) cbb is a site founded to have people with a verity of interest in the 3d/graphic arts hang out. A lay-back place.

WooYah... is another 3d/graphic arts site leaning toward poser stuff.

Posetteforever  is a poser site that holds on to keeping the old poser 3 & 4 alive.

ForceSome... a friends site that is slightly rp/funny bdsm stuff.

LiberalForum... a political forum leaning to the left... As I do.

Some pay site... also ;D
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Serenity Vixen

At the moment, nowhere
Any suggestions?  :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

King_Furby

I actually would like to be a member of more forums but i just don't have the time to devote to more then 3 right now.