News:

Main Menu

Who are you?

Started by Jeramiahh, December 04, 2007, 03:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

This is just something that drifted into my mind, here at three in the morning... we get to know each other, rather intimately, through our games, but the only bits of the person we see, behind the avatar and the writing style, are the little flashes in these general chat discussions and the shoutbox.

So, I'm curious; who are you, really? I'm not interested in identifying information; everyone has the right to keep that anonymous. I just want to know a bit more about you, who you are, what drew you here, keeps you here? Do you have a family? Only child, or siblings? What are you like, your hobbies, your passions, your quirks, your flaws... what makes you, you?

Me? Despite how I may sound on here, I am extremely quiet in real life. I hate speaking up, I hate leading, being at the front of something. I've always preferred taking the role of assistant, of aide, of guide; less fame and glory, sure... but less risk, less responsibility. I'm the eldest of two kids, my younger sister four years behind me... scary to think she's almost 17. *shudder* Only moved once, my whole life, not counting college, of course; and that was just across town. I'm an Eagle Scout, college student, English and Theatre major, I love, as you might imagine, computer games, D&D, the internet, and all that good stuff. I'm completely blind in one eye; have been, since birth, and wear glasses to help my one eye, and protect it. Never been athletic; I like to blame it on my utter lack of depth perception... it's hard to hit a ball when you're not quite sure where it is... but it's mostly because I'm lazy.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts? This is sort of just a rambling thing I wrote out on a whim.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sabby

This is a good idea Jera :) I agree with you there... you know the avatar, but the writer is almost a stranger.

Well, I came here by accident shortly after my 18th birthday. Was googling 'fiction' then 'interactive fiction' then 'romance fiction' and as you'd imagine, eventually I found E. I'd tried roleplay since grade 7, but I've always wanted to try something with romance as a more important aspect. Well... I got that, but, E has a way of broadening horizons ^__^

I enjoy video games, and reading, and tend to think too much, and too openly >.> big mouth of mine has got me in trouble before, and I tend to speak before thinking. I'm working on that though. Getting over it. I share Jera's tendency to be an assistant, rather then leader. Don't like leading, but I'm very social in a group I'm comfortable with. I did drink, but no more of that. Still, people tell me I'm the life of the party sometimes. And I'd like to believe them ^_^

Was raised into a family of kind (but slightly prejudice in some areas...) mother. She is so nice, and took in a lot of the other kids in our small town and was like a mother to all of them. The real parents didn't like their kids there (perhaps if they tried some parenting, they're kids wouldn't have been there >.>) so they spread some... pretty filthy rumors that we've only just managed to clear ourselves of in the last few years.

I have a brother, younger by one year. Practically a walking disaster, a one man 3 Stooges. As in, he's accident prone, gullable, kind of... dumb >.> but I like him, even though we can't be around each other too long without coming to words.

People seem to get the wrong idea of me, but I'd like to think I'm intellegent, and caring... and many of my friends have insisted this point, so even though I have some self esteem issues... I'm getting over them, thanks to you guys. You know who you are!

Dad was outta the picture shortly after I was diagnosed with Autism. I still don't really understand anything about it, but all I know is he didn't take kindly to his son 'being fucked in the head' and not 'joining the football team like normal kids' so, mum left him, and now I have a great stepfather ^_^ I just hope when me and my loved one decide its time (and shes made it clear that won't be for a looong time) that I can be half the dad he didn't have to be <3

I still to this day do not believe to this day that I'm different in any way, mentally. Thanks once again to the support of my awesome friends.

I grew up in several little towns, the last being Kepple Sands, a beach town that I really, really hate... its basically a community of hillbillies that are just above 'backward' level, and, honestly, the whole place is only there for the pub.

School wasn't much better. here in Queensland, there is a lot of trouble in the high schools over racism. Aboriginal students would hurt a lot of caucasion kids there, sometimes very severely, and my little brother was hospitalized after having a knife jabbed in his side. The school would do nothing. They were terrified that reprimanding the students involved would be seen as a racist gesture, and honestly, they had good reason to be afraid of that. Not to say it was right... I was put into Aboriginal Awareness and Cultural Studies, but I was so angry I walked out of school and went straight to the head of Queensland Education.

Turns out the offenders were expelled almost a year ago. The spineless Principal was too afraid to kick them out because the family is very troublesome, and so covered it up and kept them enrolled secretly.

Well, that was it. We went to court. A lot of parents suddenly came to support us, but... threats were made. A lot of supporters dropped out for their own safety, and we decided to do the same.

Oh well, moved on, graduated, got a little apartment and working on getting employment. Right now, life is looking good ^_^

So, thats the lengthy "Who am I"

Good idea again Jera. Hope everyone else joins in!

Cjac

Gads, I hate doing this sort of thing!  But "somebody" ask me to do it so... here I am.  *laughs*

I just discoverd gaming.  Quite by accident actually.  A man told me he loved me then ran off!  I became good friends with one of his friends and that man thought this was good therapy.  So here I am.  Why do I stay?  Well some of the people here are great (Yeah, the two of you for example).  And I am having fun.  Should I ever not have fun, I will leave but I don't really see that happening.

I graduated high school in the dead middle of my class.  But in college, I was consistantly on the deans list.  I joined a Sorority and was the treasurer of my Sorority and the scorekeeper for our softball team.  After college, I discovered that I hated accounting so instead I went into human services caring for the elderly.  I moved from that to behavior modification with the developmentally disabled.  I really loved seeing a severely disabled adult find out that they really could have a life without all the baggage but I still wanted more.  So I went into Mental Health and requested the teens.  I loved that also and would go back to it if I could.  However, I was injured and it ruined my knees so now I am unable to work.  I am still hoping to have the knees replaced so that I can go back but the doctors keep telling me no.

My name here was chosen carefully.  In real life I am a Domme.  I have been in that lifestyle on and off for over 20 years.  I tend to be outspoken and I can be blunt.  I have no probelm being a leader if I feel that I know what I am doing.  I can talk to most people and have no issues about self esteem.  You either like me or you don't.  If you do, then great!  Maybe we will be friends.  If not.  Well I'm sorry about that but, oh well.  I love to be alone but I also love to be in groups. 

My family.....  Well, my natural father died about 25 years ago.  My mother this spring and my step father...  well he isn't doing well.  I lost my older brother and my youngest sister when I was very young.  I have one sister left and she and I are quite close.  I have never been married and in fact have only loved one man enough to even consider it.  I have no children and have never regretted that decision.  I do, however have 1 neice and 1 nephew.  And 1 great neice and 5 great nephews and my little dog.

So that's me.  Is that what you had in mind Jeramiahh?
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Jeramiahh

Wow... after those replies, I almost feel embarrassed by what little I wrote. =P I love reading these, though.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Cjac

This was a great idea.  I'm kinda surprised there aren't more responses.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

kongming

Okay... I live in a house I'm renting from my mum and stepdad. We pay vastly reduced rates because of this, and I share the house with my younger sister (K-chan on these forums) and younger stepsister (the social, active one of the household). Recently her girlfriend has also moved in, sharing with her. We also have an adorable pet dog, a bit over a year old and very energetic. He's a Kelpie cross, but we don't know what he was crossed with - the animal shelter found him as a stray. He loves people, and is very friendly. Oddly enough, he's terrified of cats.

Our fridge, incidentally, is almost always stocked with alcohol of some kind. I almost never touch the stuff these days, just never really feeling like it. Back in September '06, I was practicing becoming an alcoholic, so I'm not complaining about this.

My parents are divorced. My mum lives with her second husband, my stepdad, and they're more or less staying together for the sake of their daughter, my youngest sister (7 years). They have a dog, Tubby, who I have known nearly since his birth, however he's more than 8 years old, and has developed arthritis only a month ago. He's quickly moved on to having nerve damage, and it's likely that, in the next week or two, he'll lose use of his legs altogether, and he'll be taken for a one-way trip to the vet. I've been expecting this for a while, and he's really spoiled in the meantime (and has had a very good life all-up), so I think I'll take it okay.

They also have a budgie IIRC, a turtle (we've owned two tortoises in the past. One died, the other escaped into the sewers while we were cleaning its water tank *blush*) and a pair of guinea pigs. Additionally, there'll be a girl (in her teens, I think) moving in with them soon. My mum works as a secretary at the retirement village within walking distance of their house, and someone there needed a place for their daughter to stay, so my mum made the offer. Apparently she's a nice person, but I have yet to actually meet her.

My dad lives with his second wife, but she refuses to be called a stepmother, because they're all wicked. She's really good for a laugh, and is a wonderful person as well. My dad, having recently suffered a stroke while in hospital recovering from chemotherapy, has now more or less completely recovered. He has lost a lot of weight (we joke that he simply had very heavy lymphoma cells - the cancer they treated him for), and is doing really well.

I've sort of bounced between three states of Australia since 2003, but will probably be staying here a while.

I suffered a mental breakdown early last year and came very close to checking out, and I suffer from depression. I take medication for this.

Starting in February, I will be starting a course to become a Pharmacy assistant. It's a ten week course, and after that I could continue studying, or simply be recruited from there.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515