So.....

Started by Armand, October 06, 2012, 04:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armand

To be honest, I must've been under a rock for some time because I had no idea how funny Bill O Reilly was or that he even existed, I've been watching his interviews with people like Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Bill Maher and I can't understand how he can get on TV saying some of the stuff he says, does anyone out there agree with him?What do you guys think about him and FOX news in general. 

Beguile's Mistress

He's about as funny as a heart attack in my opinion as is anyone who takes a dogmatic approach to politics and issues and encourages people to stop thinking for themselves.

Faux news is nothing more that tabloid journalism and the only good thing they have going for them is the real time news hour they have each evening.

Armand

I don't mean funny in literal sense I mean it's funny that he says the stuff he does and he actually believes it, he tells kids to shut up, calls them pinheads and calls people ignorant in the same sentence it's just funny to me how he's supposed to be taken seriously, all the interviews seem like parodies.

Stattick

Fox News isn't worthy of being called news. They misrepresent so much that they're nothing more than propaganda. Some say that Fox is the propaganda wing of the right wing extremists in the Republican Party, that Fox works for them. Others say that they right wing extremists in the Republican Party work for Fox. I'm not sure which is true, or if the truth is somewhere in-between those positions,  but it's irrelevant to me. Fox lies, and they cannot be trusted.

I'll admit that I don't know O'Reilly very well, so I might be totally wrong here. But it seems to me that although O'Reilly is wrong about a lot of stuff, that he actually has more integrity than most of the people over at Fox. But like I said, I could be totally off base there.
O/O   A/A

Armand

Not "Coming at you" bit this bill o reilly guy is beyond crazy, he tells people they're unamerican for supporting wars, he just openly lies on TV and all types of stuff lol you should check it out sometime it's worth a laugh, he goes from interviewing talk show host, to rappers, to politicians. You're right about fox tho, MSNBC attacks them quite often lol. He said "If Michelle Obama says anything bad about america we will have a lynching party for her." not exact words but extremely close and he told this young man who's father died in 9/11 that since he voted against the war he caled america terrorist and his father and mother should be ashamed. He's a category five moron.

Oniya

It's a bad sign when it makes more sense to get your news from a 'comedy' channel, and your comedy from a 'news' channel.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Tamhansen

Which category was fox again. I mean the only useful thing ever to come out of that network is the simpsons. As for MSNBC those first two letters should be warning enough about it's quality

Not that newscasts over here in Europe are any more unbiased. They just tend to be more open about their bias
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Oniya

Quote from: Katataban on October 08, 2012, 09:31:58 AM
Which category was fox again.

To quote my old math texts:  'This is left as an exercise for the student.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Tamhansen

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.