Final Fantasy VIII: Balamb Garden Official Application (FEMALES NEEDED)

Started by Fenrir, June 30, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenrir

Please note that this thread is for those wishing to look more into playing the small group game Final Fantasy VIII: Balamb Gardens- Idle chit chat about the actual game should be reserved for the OOC thread, unless questions are being asked by others looking to join.  Thank you!

The Premise:
It is thirty years after the events of Final Fantasy VIII and follows the lives of several students as they take SeeD exams, continue training as mercenaries, and complete missions.  The general idea is that Balamb Garden is an elite military academy. Many of its students are orphans, but not all of them. Students can enroll between the ages of 5-15, and graduate between the ages 15-19. If a student doesn't graduate by the age of 20, they are released from the Garden. Many graduates enlist in various armies around the world, as Garden trained soldiers are highly valued, and Garden is politically neutral. The best graduates, however, may join SeeD, an elite mercenary group that operates out of Balamb Garden.  SeeD utilize GFs, powerful beings which can be junctioned into a person's mind, which then allows them to junction paramagic, to not only cast spells, but to increase their own abilities. While there are three Gardens (Balamb, Trabia and Galbadia), only Balamb Garden accepts and houses SeeDs, though students from the other Gardens can transfer to Balamb for their final SeeD exam.

It is perfectly acceptable if you do not already know the Final Fantasy VIII world do not fret all the information you need to know is located below at the Main Information Thread (though it is still a work in progress).  If you've ever been a Final Fantasy lover now is your chance to jump in on your own epic story.

The Information:
Main Information Thread
Accepted Characters
OOC

The IC Threads:
Final Fantasy VIII- Balamb Garden: IC
Final Fantasy VIII- Balamb Town: IC
Final Fantasy VIII- Quick Posts

Character Sheet:
Please fill this sheet out and post here!
CS Sheet
[b][size=14pt]CHARACTER APPLICATION[/size][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Enrollment Age:[/b] Between 5 and 15
[b]Gender:[/b]
[spoiler=Theme Song](Include, Youtube video Theme Song)[/spoiler]

[b]Weapon:[/b] Name [b]Weapon Description:[/b]
[b]Specialization:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[size=14pt][b]GF APPLICATION[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Bonus:[/b]
[b]Special Attack:[/b]

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

slowmojoe

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Connor
Enrollment Age: 5

Weapon: Tonfa (pair)
Specialization: Sustained Combat Endurance.
Fighting Style: Takes a beating until the opponent is exhausted, then attempts to end the fight.

Personality: Cool, introverted demeanor, comes off as cold, and stand offish.
Backstory: Remembers little of his past. Recalls that he lived on the streets as an orphan, and that he was rescued from a wild dog by a SeeD operative who then brought him to Trabia Garden. He then transferred to Balamb to join SeeD, after deciding that it's mission was good as any he could come up with.  Not altogether a bad student, just not top of the class. Has his fair share of disciplinary reports. All of which seem to involve fights he did not start, but did attempt to finish.

Appearance: Brown hair, slightly longer than shoulder length, brown eyes as well
Average height and solid build. Hard features. Not seen without his favorite jacket.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Cú Chulainn (Queue-Hue-Lan)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Element: Physical
Description:  A large wolf man in old celtic garb, wielding a menacing spear, the Gáe Bolg,
The spear of mortal pain and death.
Bonus: Berzerk status 
Special Attack:Gáe Bulg. (Ga-bool-ga)
Reality itself seems to warp as the hound warrior thrusts his barbed spear to the sky over his head. He remains motionless, face contorted in anger and rage, as the spear in his hands begins to glow ever brighter and brighter. Finally the light reaches its brightest point. At that moment, Cú Chulainn bellows a war cry and thrusts his spear into the heart of the enemy closest to center.  Once firmly embedded, the spikes extend, damaging nearby enemies as well. The resulting light tears through all enemies in its radius.

(Images from the Suikoden game series)

Florence

If he gets a passive berserk status, he wouldn't be able to summon :x

I like the character in general, but I need a little clearing up with how that works.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

slowmojoe

I presumed to have Berserk status after the summon was called.  If it's supposed to be a passive bonus even while the GF is not involved, then I would say that Connor has more Vitality because of his GF. Would that be an acceptable change?

Florence

Ah, yes sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The bonus is sort of like... the abilities the GF gives you. So, its stuff you can do all the time.

And yeah, that change works just fine for me!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Kineas

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Cella Riumy
Enrollment Age: 13

Weapon: Dagger & Magic Pistol
Specialization: Mid to close range weakness exploitation / generalist. (Kind of going for the "Red Mage" effect here)

Personality: A bit overly cheerful, often in contrast to a more serious situation. Cella takes her work seriously and is a reliable person in tests and team based excersizes, but she doesn't open herself easily to others and is scarcely seen outside of class or duties. Prefers to take action rather than dwell on a situation, although she is more than willing to take the time to make a plan, if the situation calls for things like plans. She is relatively confident, but tries hard to be realistic about what she can and can not do. She has a liking for trying to co-ordinate what team mates should do during training and missions.

Backstory: Originating from Balamb town, Cella and her family (Both parents, one brother) had no notable connections with Balamb, and ending up as a mercenary wasn't exactly something she saw coming. Her father worked in the transportation of goods over long distances for the various shops around town. He didn't often have to leave himself, but occasionally they would take the opportunity to visit abroad.

On one such journey they were attacked by monsters at sea, three years ago. Cella was hurt and her parents were killed, although how and why she survived remains a mystery. With little else to resort to, she enrolled at Balamb Garden. She's made exceptional progress since joining, but that has mostly just served to catch her up to her age group rather than make her truly stand out.

As a footnote, her brother wasn't with the rest of their family on that trip, but no one seems to have tracked him down either.

Appearance:
Cella has black, boyishly short hair, bright green eyes, stands about 5'7", and is not particularly well endowed. She sticks to the school uniform when it's called for and doesn't get seen much on days off.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Fairy
Element: Light
Description:

Bonus: Scan
Special Attack: A healing wave which recovers allies within a respectable area of effect with moderate potency.

Florence

Fenrir

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Ballari Lisha
Enrollment Age: 13

Weapon: Hand Claws Weapon Description: A glove that is attached to three six inch blades.  Two can be warn at any given point and though Ballari has many hand claws infused with almost every type of magic available to students she prefers to use two poisoned ones.  Of course, she keeps a healing one in her back pocket at all times, just in case.
Specialization: None.
Personality: Ballari is quiet, shy, and has a tendency to simply sit and watch those interacting around her.  Though she prefers to keep to herself she is efficient at organizing and getting things done, whether it is doing it herself or getting others into action.  She's incredibly loyal, nice, and sweet when she opens up and is almost incapable of saying no if someone asks her a favor.  She usually has too much on her plate at any give point and tries hard to be useful to all of those around her to make up for her physical shortcomings.

Backstory:
Her parents dropped her off at the age of thirteen in hopes that she would become one of the leading SeeDs but it was quickly discovered that Ballari had absolutely no aptitude as a fighter.  She excelled in neither combat nor magic, though she always gave more effort than everyone else.  Still, she picked a specialty in hand to hand fighting and continued in her studies but it always seemed as though she could never put on muscle to pack as much of a punch as all the other martial artist at the school.  So, she picked up a weapon- the hand claw.  It is more lethal with its long blades and infused with magic she gets just the push she needs to keep up with the other students, though she is still at the bottom of the pack.

One day she was practicing in the hallway and when turning around quickly into a dodging roll she literally rolled into the Head Master's legs, knocking everything from his hands.  Papers went flying and somehow she managed to reach a hand out to steady him before he fell all together.  After the encounter she somehow got roped into following the Head Master all day, organizing his papers, meetings, and taking care of the the objectives he gave her.  It was simple for her and at the end of the day she made him a list of all the things on his agenda for the next day. 

A few days later she there was an announcement for her to report to the Head Master's office and she discovered he had inquired much about her.  He then requested she be his official secretary and help him keep up with all of the things a Head Master needed to run the Garden.  Her immediate reaction was to refuse but she was not completely unaware of her lacking abilities as a SeeD and maybe it was a better way to contribute.  The next day she showed up at his office and reorganized the entire thing without officially accepting the position and though he had been surprised he never asked her to leave.  That was two years ago and she has some how learned to manage classes and running a lot of the Garden behind the scenes while being sure to keep the Head Master on track.

Her young Guardian Force, Erelah, was a gift from the Head Master and though GFs are usually meant for combat only, Ballair often uses hers to send messages back and forth between the Head Master and various Instructors or other Gardens.  Erelah is very young and brash finding herself using her special attack to get places and Ballair has gotten yelled at on several occasions when the blast of air knocks people over.

Appearance:
Ballori
Standing at five foot Ballair barely outstrips her Guardian Force in height and usually can be found in simple civilian clothes.  Though she keeps things around her organized her own dress and lavender hair is normally unkempt and messy.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Erelah
Element: Air/Wind
Description:
Erelah
Erelah appears in a small tornado of air and is instantly recognizable as having an eagle-like body on crane-like legs which leaves the bird of prey's height at four and a half feet tall though her wing span is almost seven feet.  She is smaller and younger than most of her Guardian Force counter parts but makes up for it in speed.
Bonus: Hit, Accuracy, and Speed
Special Attack:
Dash Draft Erelah darts forward in a great burst of speed towards the target and his wings produce a powerful whoosh of wind that knocks targets back.  This only does minor damage but the stronger she becomes the more devastating the attack will become, but who knows how many generations it takes Guardian Forces to reach their full potential.

Florence

AribethAmkiir

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Roweena Drake
Enrollment Age: 7

Weapon: Surujin
Specialization: Blue Mage

Personality: A kind, sweet and compassionate girl, Roweena, Ro to her friends, is fairly studious and devoted to being the best student possible.  Rather intense, Ro approaches hurdles, both in the classroom and on the field, with a fierce and fearless determination.  A gifted strategist, Roweena often comes across as a know-it-all to fellow students and has trouble making friends at times.  Those who get to know her understand that she has an characteristic habit of phrasing things poorly or chooses to voice her opinion at the worst possible time.  Ro seems to get along better with older students who possess the maturity or insight to understand what she’s attempting to say despite the blunt manner or delivery in which she says it.  Roweena feels much more comfortable providing counsel than actually issuing commands, mostly because of her social awkwardness, and her belief that no one would actually listen to her.  Long term residents of Balamb Garden know that Roweena has a much easier time getting along with creatures than people.

Backstory: Roweena Drake was born in the rebuilt portion of Esthar City.  She grew up with the constant threat of monsters in the city, often just on the other side of temporary barriers erected to protect the struggling city.  While both of her parents were killed by a roaming monster when she was only three, her uncle raised her for what little time she can remember before coming to Balamb Garden. 

A blue mage and SeeD permanently assigned to Esthar City, Roweena’s uncle began teaching her the tricks of a blue mage.  Despite her age, Ro was able to display proficiency with the basics and an empathy with certain creatures and monsters.  Her uncle treated Roweena well, as if she had been his own daughter, and she had as comfortable a life as anyone else in the city.

On her seventh birthday a barrier collapsed and several SeeD members were sent to help protect the gap in the city’s defenses until the barrier could be repaired.  Amongst the SeeD members was her uncle.  Of course, since Balamb Garden students are orphans, her uncle died on that day.  The Seed members who had survived shipped Roweena off to Balamb Garden.  Some claimed it was her uncle’s dying wish, while others simply thought it was the best and safest place for her.

For the first year Roweena attended Balamb she had many SeeD visitors that knew her uncle, but over time those people were seen less and less until none came at all.  Being the socially awkward person Roweena is, she was slow to make friends and often found companionship in stray animals she would find in Balamb or on the Garden’s grounds.  Her attempts to keep and care for strays earned her more reprimands and punishments than anything else and earned her the ire of the discipline committee.

In the last few years Roweena has seemed to adjust better.  She still has empathy for animals and goes out of her way to care for them.  She simply doesn’t attempt to keep them.  More importantly, Roweena has cultivated a reputation for being a top notch Blue Mage and has excelled in the classroom and in field exercises.  While not as potent as the students that focus primarily on melee combat, Roweena can hold her own against most opponents and is often quick to take advantage of her opponent’s weaknesses or adopt their own techniques to use against them.  In what spare time she has, Roweena volunteers in local animal shelters.

Appearance:
Roweena Drake

Blue bobbed hair frames Roweena’s gentle, feminine, facial features and oddly contrasts her orange colored eyes.  Thin and slender, Roweena is pretty in a young and innocent type of way.  When not in the Garden’s uniform, Roweena can be seen wearing a white tube top under a women’s red open vest, pleated skirt with criss-crossed, thigh high, open toed sandals.  She wears a turquoise colored shell pendant about her neck at all times and often has a pouch containing a pair of Surujin when she is expecting a fight.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Gryph
Element: Holy
Description:
Gryph
Bonus: Increased Health, Spirit, and Endurance
Special Attack:
If Outside during Daytime: Gryph dives, obscured by the sun, signals his presence at the last possible moment with a fierce roar and lands between Roweena and her opponent(s).  Feathers of healing quality gently fall upon the party cleansing them of any status ailments and restoring Roweena’s health.
If Outside at Night: Gryph swoops down from the darkened sky, signaling his presence at the last moment with a fierce roar and lands between Roweena and her opponent(s).  Feathers of healing quality gently fall upon the party cleansing them of any status ailments and restoring Roweena’s health.
Indoors: A fierce roar signals Gryphs entry as he flies low over the heads of Roweena’s opponents before imposing himself between them and her.  Feathers of healing quality gently fall upon Roweena’s party and cleanse them of any status ailments while also restoring Roweena’s health.

Florence

Lumasan

I have to resist my temptation of throwing myself at my laptop's screen mainly because of my love for Final Fantasy VIII and it being my favorite FF game next to the X series. I will single-handedly argue til I'm blue in the face that VIII is better than VII, despite being shot down many times. I will work on my character and then get back to you about it. I'm taking a quick breather today after working on a previous character for like 7+ hours. But I would like to state that you have no idea how excited to make a character for this campaign. EEEEEE!
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

CDark

Feeling a bit embarrassed about the personality and history size, I can do way better, buuut I figure it'd be best to put it up now and embellish on those later, in-game!

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Yue Jin
Enrollment Age: 15
Theme Song
Will add one later!

Weapon: Peter
Weapon Description:
Weapon Appearance
Peter, as this beast is now known, is a highly intelligent, and extremely brutal killing machine, that may in fact be the dominant role of Yue and his relationship. He and his newfound master get along rather well, all things considered though he seems to decide on his own if he's going to follow Yue's orders or not, rarely following them to the letter at the very least. Yue may very well be the only person this thing isn't at least thought about chewing on, and Yue in turn seems to believe that his "Peter Puppy", as he refers to him at times, is honestly a kind creature, just misunderstood and abused by his previous owner.

He is wrong. He is very, very wrong. There's a reason Peter aims low, so to speak, and it's not because he's poor and misunderstood.
Specialization: Tearing people apart brutally
Personality: Yue is a kind and innocent soul, completely unlike his dog, who believes in the good of others and the world itself. Unable to turn away from those in need, the boy tends to risk his neck more often than naught to help others, which typically gets him in trouble, as one would expect. However, he luckily has Peter there to pull him out of it just long enough to secure his safety before jumping back to kill whatever he can. Yue is quite friendly and outgoing... though he's lacking in friends, which may or may not have something to do with how intimidating his companion is.

Backstory: A newcomer to the Garden, Yue comes from a military family, and as such, is expected to suck it up and carry on the legacy. However, considering how comfortably he was raised by his parents, who perhaps shielded him a bit too much from the evils that can exist in this world, his chances are slim to nil. Despite that, his parents decided to enroll him into the Garden, with the hopes of him one day making SeeD and making a difference, something he agrees with. He'd just prefer it if the differences were as bloodless as possible.

Appearance

GF APPLICATION
Name: Garm
Element:  Lightning
Description
Bonus: High bonus to Attack and magic attack
Special Attack: Lightning Assault- When Garm is summoned, it quickly assaults any and all enemies it sees, slashing, biting, and tackling into them, before pinning down the most formidable foe and rearing up to howl, summoning a massive lightning bolt down that channels through it, the enemy, and into the ground, where it disperses, causing damage throughout the area.

Florence

LtFox

Definitely expressing interest here.

I will submit a character during the weekend when I get home.  This is especially fun since I've been poking and tweaking the FF8 story and mechanics lately to use in another game possibly, and I like the setting plenty.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Sylia

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Aya Yumemiya
Enrollment Age: 6

Weapon: Gunblade Weapon Description:
Shotgun type gunblade that basically works like a regular gunblade, only instead of having a pistol-like handle it has a shotgun type one to allow better holding with both hands.
Specialization: Breaking through enemy defenses. Aya is quite strong for someone her age and has made a habit of learning where to hit something where it hurts the most; a feat that's equally impressive when one realizes her weapon of choice is the Gunblade. She may not be as acrobatic like another Gunblade user she knows, but she makes up for it with a few tricks of her own.
Personality: Aya is a very loving, yet fairly cocky person once you get to know her. She's always one of the first into a battle and one of the last ones to leave during a retreat. Aya has a very strong set of ideals that she lives by, but never mentions why when asked and only smiles and shakes her head. It should be noted that Aya is very confident about her skills and has a very bad tendacy to taunt her enemies before confronting them. One of the reasons why she does this is to take heat off of comrades that may be in danger.. but she'll never admit to that. Aya also mentions that she likes to break the fourth wall, but no one ever knows what she's talking about.

Backstory: Aya was brought to Balamb Garden when she was six years old for reasons unknown to her at the time. All she knew was that her mother dropped her off there and never looked back once, no matter how much Aya called out to her. Because of that, Aya spent her first year trying to escape, but after much discipline she finally relented and stayed put. While she claims she doesn't remember much of the event, Aya by chance met Squall when he visited the Garden one day. One could say that something just.. clicked between the two of them as they spent a good while talking while he waited to hear from the Headmaster. Squall noted that she was similar to how he was in the past and gave her some encouragement and advice on what she should do from now on.

Before he left, Aya asked him what weapon did he use when he was a SeeD. He replied that he was a gunblade expert; a weapon that was notoriously hard to master. In a show of what could be either bravado or stupidity, Aya announced to him that she'd surpass him somehow. Squall laughed at this and replied that he'd like to see that and that it was a promise between gunblade users. Aya faltered for a second, then stood up straight and nodded in agreement. That was the last time she saw that man, but he left quite an impression on the little girl. From those years onward, Aya trained herself in the use of gunblades, even choosing a rather quirky model as her type.

Now in present day, Aya seems to always have a smile on her face and seems to fight while holding close to her ideals, which were to not do anything that'd bring shame to the promise she made.. even if she doesn't remember what exactly the promise is anymore due to use of the Guardian Force.

Appearance:
Note: I can use a better looking pic for her if you want me to show that she actually has boobs.. since it kinda isn't shown in this pic.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Cactuar
Element: Non-Elemental
Description:
Bonus: Strength, Agility
Special Attack: 1000 Needles attack on all enemies.

Latooni Subota

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Revenent

How can you have shotgun style gunblades when gunblades don't shoot bullets in the FFVIII universe?

Mossberg

Quote from: Revenent on July 05, 2012, 10:47:53 PM
How can you have shotgun style gunblades when gunblades don't shoot bullets in the FFVIII universe?
They don't technically shoot but they do use ammunition. In the game when playing as Squall (and possibly Seifer too) if you hit R1 at the right time when they attacked it would pull the trigger and do more damage.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Revenent

I know that, but then how does a "shotgun" gunblade work differently from any other?

Mossberg

-Lews Therin Telamon

SinXAzgard21

I'm unsure about playing, I am interested though.  As a note to the gunblades, they can be fired and since in this game I'm assuming you don't just stand around and take turns whacking one another this may help.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gunblade
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Florence

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 06, 2012, 04:07:32 AM
I'm unsure about playing, I am interested though.  As a note to the gunblades, they can be fired and since in this game I'm assuming you don't just stand around and take turns whacking one another this may help.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gunblade

They can be fired, but the don't shoot bullets, they have vibration cells that send shockwaves through the blades, which increases their melee damage.

Sylia

Well, didn't expect this much commentary on my choice of weaponry! The general idea I had was that I'd be using the parasite eve 2 version of the gunblades (also listed in the FFwiki) and they work just a liiiittle differently than the usual ones. So I apologize for not mentioning this!

EDIT: Buuut no big deal over this as I've changed them to something a little more fitting!

Snake

I'm interested. Can a char be literally raised at the garden from 5 years old? Basically left there by parents or something

Fenrir

Quote from: Snake on July 06, 2012, 01:27:21 PM
I'm interested. Can a char be literally raised at the garden from 5 years old? Basically left there by parents or something

Yes very much so, we have several students that have been 'left,' 'abandoned' 'dropped off' and some are simply sent to do their duty to the family.  ;D

Snake

Then that works. I was going ot use a char that basically was unwanted by his mom (father unknown) and simply abandoned at Balamb's gates.

He uses a specially designed gauntly that had retractable claws over the fingers (like those dragon claw rings that you see in hot topic and shit like that) but are sharp and durable. With a bracer attached and tiny explosive charge in the fist (knuckle bombs basically, an idea from BGC2040)

if that's acceptable. That is

Florence

Alright, Aya's approved, thank you for changing things as requested.

As for the knuckle bombs... I'm mostly just curious as to how it works, wouldn't that damage the wielder as well?

Sylia

The explosive charge is focused outwards, so when you impact against something with your fist, the charge detonates and blasts into the target. At least that's how it worked on Bubblegum crisis 2040!

Revenent

My thought now is like a knuckle version of the gunblade, at least how it's represented visually where there's an explosion on the target when you use it.

Mossberg

-Lews Therin Telamon

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Quote from: kckolbe on July 07, 2012, 01:47:40 AM
This character seems a bit too strong for my liking.
I'm not above tweaking things, and making judicious edits as needed.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LeSane

*Edited content*
Changed the Element Immunity to Immune to Earth Spells though weak still.
Removal of old bonuses and added new ones that seem more reasonable.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Farren McCoy
Enrollment Age: 9

Weapon: Hands free gloves & Knee pads taser
Weapon Description: Two gloves that go up to ones upper arm. It is a prototype weapon created to use the black magic spell 'Thunder' as well as its variants as concentrated shocks. Unlike the picture below the gloves have been tailored to be finger-less. As for the Knee pads they work the same way the
Weapon

Specialization: Black Mage / Close combat specialist
Though does more thunder type spells then others. He is in tune with that element more then any other.
Personality:
Farren can be kind of blunt when it comes to things such as honesty. Saying what is on his mind regardless if its content is bad or good, and many people do not like that aspect about him very much. Yet regardless he sees it that one should be truthful instead of coating the truth to be swallowed down. If he says something that is primarily bad do not hold it against him so much. It was how he was taught.

The young man can have his moments were things are above him. This shows Farren is not the smartest soul in the world. In that regard he is most commonly outwitted with woman and how they act toward him not knowing if its flirting or just simple talk. When talking to girls he will act as emotionless as possible so he is not read wrong. Farren does it poorly at that despite his struggle. One can call him a failure at women, then again aren't most men?

He has a temper when it comes to fighting, or general topics. Its not something he can fully control. He gets it from his father's side of the family. When he is mad there is little to nothing that can stop him from wrecking something. Be it a plan or some physical. Coming to him and picking fights with him can be the general cause for this temper due or being so different in appearance.

Backstory:
The McCoy are long time Mercenaries and Assassins that do not relay on the ways of magic unless they were Healers. There was a rule in this bloodline that men had to learn to fight with their fist before advancing to weaponry. As time went on in this family it was split in half due to gender. Men were not born with any magical abilities and were the solely fighters for hire, while the girls became good with magic of healing and other forms. When Farren was said to be born the elders had thought it would be a girl since one of the women had fore told her that her child would be a great magic user who could use thunder to a alarmingly advanced state. His mother had already chose the name Ferra for her daughters birth. Both of his parents were thrilled to bring another into their ranks. His father was taken aback due to it being a boy instead of a girl calling him Farren meaning 'Thunder'. Both did not know what to do about their baby boy since he would have to learn how to fight and not use his god given gift of magic.

At an early age he was trained in hand to hand combat taught to work without his power. His mother on the other hand wanted him to flourish and nurture the gift he was given. After eight years the boys mother could not help deal with the idea of Farren not using his full potential. Taking him away in the middle of the night to a large city were he was dropped off with hope of a better way of life. The young boy was taken in by a man that was well adapt with magic use training him in novice magic. Once black hair turned stark white leaving little strands of his former self as well. In the span of a month the man sent the young boy to Trabia for more training then he himself could teach.

He would keep to himself as the years went on gaining his sibling Guardian Force 'The Brothers' to keep in check the abilities held. They were given to him out of faith that he'd know how to communicate with them and grow as a person. Both Sacred and Minotaur kept Farren in check on a day to day basis being used as a crutch while he learned other spells and gained experience. Sacred the older yet smaller brother was primarily used as the voice of reason when his anger was unchecked, while Minotaur capped his power to mentally and physically grow. After many a year passed his teachers saw it fit yo transfer him to Balamb Garden so when the time came he could rise up to become something worth while just like his mother had wished for her child long ago.

Appearance:
Character

GF APPLICATION
Name:  Sacred and Minotaur aka 'The Brothers'
Element: Earth Based
Description:
The Brothers
A pair of Minotaur siblings that have black fur with a blue tint to it. Each have a shield inscribed with a symbol. The smaller having 'Older brother' while the larger holds 'Younger brother'
Bonus: M.Defense Up (Minotaur) or P.Defense Up (Sacred) |Can only pick one at for a long period of time|
Special Attack:
Mad Cow Special | When summoned the brothers break through the earth with weapons in hand causing an earthquake that deals heavy damage to those that are on land based or standing. This attack leaves the landscape altered through out the battle giving.
Brotherly Love | Sacred is summoned underneath the ground lifting up a large portion of the the battle field chucking it up into the sky. Minotaur is summoned soon after as they both decide with one will go next. The loser is tossed up after the enemy and crashes through so the monster or opponent will fall causing more damage.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Mossberg

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 02:06:11 AM
I'm not above tweaking things, and making judicious edits as needed.
No offense guy, but physical immunity is too much for my tastes. Somewhat more realistic, like just increased defense, will sit better with me.

Quote from: Scarification on July 07, 2012, 02:27:57 AM
Bonus: Element Immunity(Besides earth), Healing factor(Only on ground), (Above Average) Physical & Magic Defense.
Elemental immunity is also too much. Remember, it's as if your character were starting before the beginning of the game, just thirty years later. If that makes sense...
-Lews Therin Telamon

LeSane

Quote from: Mossberg on July 07, 2012, 03:05:53 AM
Elemental immunity is also too much. Remember, it's as if your character were starting before the beginning of the game, just thirty years later. If that makes sense...

Changed it to just immune to Earth type spells. Did so since he is good with thunder spells overall.
If there is any other aspect that seems off please do not hesitate to call me up on them so they can be corrected post haste.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Mossberg on July 07, 2012, 03:05:53 AM
No offense guy, but physical immunity is too much for my tastes. Somewhat more realistic, like just increased defense, will sit better with me.

No offense taken. I'll come up with something else.
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

Quote from: Scarification on July 07, 2012, 03:22:38 AM
Changed it to just immune to Earth type spells. Did so since he is good with thunder spells overall.
If there is any other aspect that seems off please do not hesitate to call me up on them so they can be corrected post haste.

I myself don't have any problem with the rest but you need to wait for Finn and/or Fenrir to check it to be sure they don't have a problem with anything.

Same thing goes for you Tarot Card lol.
-Lews Therin Telamon

AndyZ

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 03:26:10 AM
No offense taken. I'll come up with something else.

If he finds pleasure and power from being beaten, and his GF seems to reflect this, maybe instead of physical immunity he gets stronger and more powerful the more crap has been beaten out of him?

This would probably mean that he's covered in scars and that people are iffy about healing him before the battle is truly over, so his life would be constantly on the line until he collapses.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Mossberg

Quote from: AndyZ on July 07, 2012, 03:41:42 AM
If he finds pleasure and power from being beaten, and his GF seems to reflect this, maybe instead of physical immunity he gets stronger and more powerful the more crap has been beaten out of him?

This would probably mean that he's covered in scars and that people are iffy about healing him before the battle is truly over, so his life would be constantly on the line until he collapses.
Maybe a Berserk effect
-Lews Therin Telamon

TheHangedOne

Quote from: AndyZ on July 07, 2012, 03:41:42 AM

Quote from: Mossberg on July 07, 2012, 05:41:23 AM
Maybe a Berserk effect

You know what, I'm kicking myself for not coming up with those ideas myself; that fits quite perfectly, especially with how psyched up he gets during fights.  I'd imagine someone in the Berserk state would be shouting bloody murder and threats of ripping off arms and beating people to death with them.

Maybe a heightened rate of natural recovery, representing his ability to handle being injured a lot better than others? Otherwise, probably just high vitality and strength.

Scars is a definite thing, and he'll likely just tell any healers to focus on the people that "need it" more than he does. Might make it where, since his GF basically dead/a zombie, that healing magic might actually hurt him, or be greatly reduced, as a balance.

Thanks, guys, I'll have Pain 2.0 up later today/tomorrow.
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

I could totally see that.  You can't actually be healed, and you get the crap beaten out of you, but your GF keeps you from actually slipping over the cusp and into dead.  I would imagine that you end up in an unconscious state similar to Vampire's Torpor, where you heal up to functional but still scar, once you reach the limits of what your body can endure.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Fenrir

I apologize guys that we have not gotten back to you with your characters as of yet.  Finn has been having rl issues as of late- and I'm pretty much the secretary  ::)  He prefers to have the final say on everything but I will push him this way when I can.

Btw... >.>  I very much like this berserk idea *nods*

Mossberg

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 08:20:43 AM
You know what, I'm kicking myself for not coming up with those ideas myself; that fits quite perfectly, especially with how psyched up he gets during fights.  I'd imagine someone in the Berserk state would be shouting bloody murder and threats of ripping off arms and beating people to death with them.

Maybe a heightened rate of natural recovery, representing his ability to handle being injured a lot better than others? Otherwise, probably just high vitality and strength.

Scars is a definite thing, and he'll likely just tell any healers to focus on the people that "need it" more than he does. Might make it where, since his GF basically dead/a zombie, that healing magic might actually hurt him, or be greatly reduced, as a balance.

Thanks, guys, I'll have Pain 2.0 up later today/tomorrow.
There is two to three things to remember about Berserk.

1. The person essentially attacks the closest melee target while in this state.
    2. It is not a passive skill, otherwise it would be active all the time and we would all have to band together to kill the "Wild, ravaging beast."
    3. Like the Barbarians Rage effect in D&D, I believe that it would lower their defense and slightly wind them after it.
-Lews Therin Telamon

AndyZ

I think that Berserk lets you tell friend from foe, though.  It never makes you attack your allies, and in the Returner Games RPG system, it specifically says opponent (or inanimate object).

This is probably what you meant, but I feel it an important distinction to make.

Revenent

I could still see issues with a student walking around in constant Berserk state at all hours of the day, though.

AndyZ

Oh yeah, definitely wouldn't want it on 24/7, but he could probably activate it at will.

Deactivation might be another story, at least until he runs out of targets...

Florence

-rolls up sleeves and gets to work-

Quote from: Mossberg on July 07, 2012, 09:33:26 AM
There is two to three things to remember about Berserk.

1. The person essentially attacks the closest melee target while in this state.
    2. It is not a passive skill, otherwise it would be active all the time and we would all have to band together to kill the "Wild, ravaging beast."
    3. Like the Barbarians Rage effect in D&D, I believe that it would lower their defense and slightly wind them after it.

This.

Quote from: Scarification on July 07, 2012, 02:27:57 AM
Bonus: Immune to Earth spells(Novice), Healing factor(Only on ground), (Above Average) Physical & Magic Defense.

The combination of these seems a tad overkill to me. Especially once I read the words "healing factor" and my mind goes to Wolverine. That healing factor means whenever he's on the ground, he essentially has regen on, combined with an immunity to Earth spells, and a high defense. He's essentially a living tank. I'd really prefer this get toned down. Look at the accepted characters list, and bring it to more that level.

Quote from: Revenent on July 06, 2012, 04:33:13 PM
My thought now is like a knuckle version of the gunblade, at least how it's represented visually where there's an explosion on the target when you use it.

That... isn't a half bad idea. Instead of explosives, you could use the same vibration cells that are used with gunblades, have it be a shockwave. I'd approve that, certainly.

Mossberg

Quote from: AndyZ on July 07, 2012, 09:41:11 AM
I think that Berserk lets you tell friend from foe, though.  It never makes you attack your allies, and in the Returner Games RPG system, it specifically says opponent (or inanimate object).

This is probably what you meant, but I feel it an important distinction to make.
I think you're right there. I thought it was like a berserk+confuse combo. Once I thought about it though, I realized that you're right.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Snake

(btw Sylia's right, the blast is focused outward like a shape-charge for cutting through walls during breach ops that SWAT an spec ops do)

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Sanosuke Inoue

Weapon: "Dragon Talon" (Specially claw-bracers)
Specialization:
Personality: Withdrawn but aggressive, yet reliable, trustworthy and extremely loyal. Sanosuke has his own issues yes, tending toward react-then-think but it's not to say he isn't capable of tactical reasoning.  He trusts very few people even within the SEED Units; understanding that you have to rely on them for certain things and extending trust on a battlefield is (to him) different than dropping your guard around them in a social manner.  But to those that've earned his respect through deed are regarded as valuable comrades and worthy of the most amount of faith one can place in someone.  SAnosuke isn't a "private" person; he lives very openly and almost completely without a sense of shame, beliving that "you should look at yourself before you judge me."

As said: yes he is very aggressive in his approach to life, if he wants something his natural instinct is to go for it heedless of what others may think or say.  Though not stupid: he does defer to others abilities when the situation requires it.  He makes an excellent soldier for he has no real fear of anything save ending up completely alone.
Backstory: Sanosuke was...unwanted straight from birth. His mother was a celebrity of sorts and when she had him, fathered by a man that only spent a single night, seeing this as shameful she tried to conceal his existence for years. Physicaly abusing the boy so he wouldn't bear a strong resemblance to her but he did favor his father; which was the catalyst of the abuse. HIs mother's only way to get back at the man that'd broken her heart and left her "holding the bag" as it were.  Originally born in Dollet, Sano was abandoned by his mother at the age of 5 and sent to Balamb Garden, blindfolded and temporarily deafened so he couldn't find his way back. 

He's lived there and served as a trainee first then a soldier then finally a SEED candidate. Sano knows no other life.
Appearance: 6'2", Very long wild black/brown hair, Orange-Red eyes, Medium-brown skintone (Native American is what i'm going for here). Sanosuke has a body of hard-but-lean muscle and very little extraneous fat with 4 large criss-cross scars across his back.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Diablos
Element: Gravity
Description: SAme demon from ff8
Bonus: Focuses on HP growth (for both Sanosuke and Diablos) and time magic
Special Attack: Dark Messenger

Revenent

Fenrir

There is one full-fledge SeeD- Yuge that is played by Finn Mackenna (The GM) but all other character's must start out as students.  They do however have the option of being an official SeeD candidate- like Zeniera.

Florence

I appreciate the input, but remember its a GMs duty to handle the apps. If you have comments, please take them to the OOC page.

However, Revenent is right, your character would be a Student not a SeeD. A SeeD Candidate is acceptable, but they're still essentially just students. In addition, I'd like to ask you take a different GF, Bahamut is a rather powerful GF.

Snake

Ahh sorry I'm a bit rusty on the ff8 GF's. it's been a while

and I'll fix it.

Revenent

The people posting the apps probably don't read the OOC until after the approval, though, and it's better to say if we see issues with someone's sheet before it's approved rather than after.

Snake

I try to keep up with the ooc too.

and fixed it to be diablos instead if that' alright.

TheHangedOne

The way I'd see it isn't a constant Berserk state, but rather, a chance upon being hit that he goes Berserk, as a reactionary skill, if that would be permissible; and possibly having the ability to force himself into a Berserk state by attacking himself, with the obvious negative aspect being the fact he's, you know... seriously hurting himself.

Also, a question: How does being a SeeD candidate from a Garden besides Balamb work? Do they get shipped out to Balamb to undergo the trials and stuff?
Check out my poet tree!

LeSane

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 07, 2012, 09:55:28 AM
The combination of these seems a tad overkill to me. Especially once I read the words "healing factor" and my mind goes to Wolverine. That healing factor means whenever he's on the ground, he essentially has regen on, combined with an immunity to Earth spells, and a high defense. He's essentially a living tank. I'd really prefer this get toned down. Look at the accepted characters list, and bring it to more that level.

I fixed it so that so that he has too choose which one he has to use at the same time.

Fenrir

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 02:06:15 PM
Also, a question: How does being a SeeD candidate from a Garden besides Balamb work? Do they get shipped out to Balamb to undergo the trials and stuff?

From the way I understand it SeeD candidates from other Gardens transfer to Balamb once they are able to apply.  Balamb Garden is the only Garden that houses SeeDs and SeeD candidates. >.>

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Fenrir on July 07, 2012, 02:51:26 PM
From the way I understand it SeeD candidates from other Gardens transfer to Balamb once they are able to apply.  Balamb Garden is the only Garden that houses SeeDs and SeeD candidates. >.>
Thank you.
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 07, 2012, 11:48:38 AM
I appreciate the input, but remember its a GMs duty to handle the apps. If you have comments, please take them to the OOC page.

However, Revenent is right, your character would be a Student not a SeeD. A SeeD Candidate is acceptable, but they're still essentially just students. In addition, I'd like to ask you take a different GF, Bahamut is a rather powerful GF.
Sorry man, didn't mean to step on your toes or anything, just trying to be helpful.
-Lews Therin Telamon

TheHangedOne

Okay, round two. I get the feeling he's still a bit too powerful, but I am open to suggestions.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Clive "Pain" Beckett

Weapon: Black Dragon martial arts Weapon Description: To hell with weapons! A real man fights with his fist and feet! Black Dragon martial arts is very similar to Shaolin style martial arts. They differ in that the Black Dragon style focuses on lethality, rather than incapacitation. The death of a practitioner during Kumite, a form of training, is uncommon but not unheard of.
Specialization: Melee fighting. He is capable of dealing out tremendous amounts of physical damage, while also being able to handle vast quantities of physical abuse with little or no problems.
Personality: A two faced man, he is often times reserved, wise and mature beyond his years, and a hardline stoic.  This attitude shifts tremendously, however, when he is fighting, as he can become a wild (but not reckless) warrior, that freely shouts threats of death and dismemberment, and who seeks to cow his opponents with his threats.

It should be noted that while he does appear to be in a frenzied state, he maintains a strict control over himself under most circumstances. This control only falters after prolonged fighting, or as he starts to suffer serious damage.

Backstory: Born to a graduate of Trabia Garden, one of the survivors of the attack thirty years ago, he was admitted to the Garden by the wishes of his father (His mother having died during child birth).  However, his time at the Garden was filled with abject misery.

Homesickness and uncertainty, coupled with a low self esteem, ensured that for most of his young life, he was the subject of bullying. He did little but endure it, and never spoke of it, for fear of retaliation from the bullies; consequently, the Garden faculty were only rarely able to step in and help him out.

As he grew older and matured, he began to  shed his original shy and passive nature. Through meditation practices, he was able to find and draw on an inner reservoir of strength, and he learned to trust in himself and his abilities.

He was one of the best students in the martial arts program he took. As he had become something of an overachiever in his 'later' years, it is no surprise that he went to try and become a member of SeeD. He was thankful for the transition to Balamb Garden, where he felt like he could truly reinvent himself, and finally cast away the old chains that still bound him; however, that is not always so easy.

Broken One has been with him for a very long time, and unfortunately, he does not remember how he came to first meet the Guardian Force. He just knows that she's always been there for him.
Appearance:

This is his usual style when lounging around in what he considers "street clothes". For obvious reasons, he has both a Balamb and a Trabia Garden uniform. Additionally, he is some times known to wear a mask that appears to be made from the skull of a humanoid creature; it is intended to frighten enemies. 

GF APPLICATION
Name: Broken One
Element: Dark
Description:
She actually appears with a gaping hole in her chest, with the heart she holds presumably being her own. Her head often hangs at an extremely lopsided angle, as if it the neck has been snapped. 
Bonus: High strength and vitality growth, Lifefont, damaged by healing magic, weakened resistance to all magic (excepting an immunity to Dark).
Special Attack: Vengeful Malice: Deals moderate physical damage to all enemies, with a chance of inflicting stun/paralysis, and an obscenely low chance of instant knock out.
Check out my poet tree!

Revenent

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 03:41:09 PM
Okay, round two. I get the feeling he's still a bit too powerful, but I am open to suggestions.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Clive "Pain" Beckett

Weapon: Black Dragon martial arts Weapon Description: To hell with weapons! A real man fights with his fist and feet! Black Dragon martial arts is very similar to Shaolin style martial arts. They differ in that the Black Dragon style focuses on lethality, rather than incapacitation. The death of a practitioner during Kumite, a form of training, is uncommon but not unheard of.
Specialization: Melee fighting. He is capable of dealing out tremendous amounts of physical damage, while also being able to handle vast quantities of physical abuse with little or no problems.
Personality: A two faced man, he is often times reserved, wise and mature beyond his years, and a hardline stoic.  This attitude shifts tremendously, however, when he is fighting, as he can become a wild (but not reckless) warrior, that freely shouts threats of death and dismemberment, and who seeks to cow his opponents with his threats.

It should be noted that while he does appear to be in a frenzied state, he maintains a strict control over himself under most circumstances. This control only falters after prolonged fighting, or as he starts to suffer serious damage.

Backstory: Born to a graduate of Trabia Garden, one of the survivors of the attack thirty years ago, he was admitted to the Garden by the wishes of his father (His mother having died during child birth).  However, his time at the Garden was filled with abject misery.

Homesickness and uncertainty, coupled with a low self esteem, ensured that for most of his young life, he was the subject of bullying. He did little but endure it, and never spoke of it, for fear of retaliation from the bullies; consequently, the Garden faculty were only rarely able to step in and help him out.

As he grew older and matured, he began to  shed his original shy and passive nature. Through meditation practices, he was able to find and draw on an inner reservoir of strength, and he learned to trust in himself and his abilities.

He was one of the best students in the martial arts program he took. As he had become something of an overachiever in his 'later' years, it is no surprise that he went to try and become a member of SeeD. He was thankful for the transition to Balamb Garden, where he felt like he could truly reinvent himself, and finally cast away the old chains that still bound him; however, that is not always so easy.

Broken One has been with him for a very long time, and unfortunately, he does not remember how he came to first meet the Guardian Force. He just knows that she's always been there for him.
Appearance:

This is his usual style when lounging around in what he considers "street clothes". For obvious reasons, he has both a Balamb and a Trabia Garden uniform. Additionally, he is some times known to wear a mask that appears to be made from the skull of a humanoid creature; it is intended to frighten enemies. 

GF APPLICATION
Name: Broken One
Element: Dark
Description:
She actually appears with a gaping hole in her chest, with the heart she holds presumably being her own. Her head often hangs at an extremely lopsided angle, as if it the neck has been snapped. 
Bonus: High strength and vitality growth, Lifefont, damaged by healing magic, weakened resistance to all magic (excepting an immunity to Dark).
Special Attack: Vengeful Malice: Deals moderate physical damage to all enemies, with a chance of inflicting stun/paralysis, and an obscenely low chance of instant knock out.

Actually, this sounds quite good to me :D approved!

Snake is also approved!

Scarification... also approved!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

LeSane

O .o Why did mine have the dots? I'm happy but damn I thought I did something wrong.

Fenrir

Quote from: Scarification on July 08, 2012, 12:32:11 AM
O .o Why did mine have the dots? I'm happy but damn I thought I did something wrong.

Simply building anticipation I'm sure ;)

Florence

AidenWhite

I'd like to join if that is all right. My character would be a high defense tank which guards against and takes hits for the rest of the team and reflects damage back to the giver. The GF would be something that boosts elemental immunity, not to the point of god, and health. He has little to no magical capabilities.
For example, I'm taking a class from FF13, the Sentinel class. Would that be alright?
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Florence

Quote from: AidenWhite on July 08, 2012, 02:44:38 PM
I'd like to join if that is all right. My character would be a high defense tank which guards against and takes hits for the rest of the team and reflects damage back to the giver. The GF would be something that boosts elemental immunity, not to the point of god, and health. He has little to no magical capabilities.
For example, I'm taking a class from FF13, the Sentinel class. Would that be alright?

As long as you bare in mind that sentinels have VERY limited offense, it's fine by me.

AidenWhite

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 08, 2012, 06:21:30 PM
As long as you bare in mind that sentinels have VERY limited offense, it's fine by me.

Yeah, like I said he'd just reflect damage and do basic punching moves. So I'll just make up a character sheet and post here later.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 06, 2012, 04:33:11 AM
They can be fired, but the don't shoot bullets, they have vibration cells that send shockwaves through the blades, which increases their melee damage.

Well if that is how you plan to do it that is fine.  Just thought I'd put that up there since they can be fired like guns.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Florence

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 09, 2012, 01:20:51 AM
Well if that is how you plan to do it that is fine.  Just thought I'd put that up there since they can be fired like guns.

If you mean firing a projectile, they cannot do that in Final Fantasy VIII, and that's why I will not approve any gunblades that do. They have been shown to do that in later games, but never in Final Fantasy VIII.

Onudi

Character application 1
Name: Arlora Lisha
Admitted: 9

Weapons: Arlora fights with a pair of short swords that have an Asian flare, light and incredibly well balanced with strong folded steel blades imbedded with old family magic to keep them sharp and nearly unbreakable. Her family name is carved into the wood and ivory handles and into the wooden sheaths that hang together on her right hip. Se has been known to fancy a long staff while practicing casting, but most often she is wielding her swords in the face of her enemy as she flits back and forth to distract them.

Specialty: Confusion and Distraction; Arlora is a distraction expert, allowing others to escape or prepare for a full on attack.

Magic: Strog Confusion and Mild Sleep
Buffs: boosts Strength and attack of anyone fighting the same enemy she is fighting.

Personality: Arlora is strong and friendly. She has a kindnature and wants to help and protect those around her. She has a sharp mind and quick wits that help her attacks to be swift and precise in combat and her words to be clearly pointed and easy to interpret in conversation. Sometimes she can come off a bit haughty or cold due to her skill level and confidence in herself.  But her goal in life is to defend.
Backstory:
Arlora came from a strong family of fighters, begging to begin schooling at age 5.  Her father decided to keep her at home longer to help her hone her skills before sending her on. He was very skilled and knew that he had to pass on every thing he knew to his two young daughters.  Arlora was the eldest and learned very quickly. Her father had taught her everything he could in four short years so he sent her to Balari Garden to train for her future.  Arlora had only been at the garden for about a month when she encountered a young wind creature while out on a walk.  They bonded and have never been seen apart since. Arlora's summon, named Rira, now walks the halls and paths of te garden at her side as they have for several years now. Arlora is a senior and there are a lot of very important decisions on her mind as of late. She is only two years from the cut off age and she is expecting information from SeeD any day now to see if she has been chosen to join their team after graduation. For the first time in her life, she is nervous.

Guardian Summon:
Rira Dora, summon to Arlora is a young water creature with a soft heart and warm, inviting personality. He follows Arlora everywhere she goes, being more like friends, or even an odd couple.

Boosts: Rira offers an Agility and Evasion buff to Arlora and any one within 10 feet of her.

Attacks: Nose Dive: Rira can dive from the sky and slam her body into an enemy. If the attack is seen and expected, she does medium damage and stuns for 5 seconds. If the target is caught unaware, the attack does double damage and stinks for 15 seconds.

(images of each to come shortly.  Sorry, it rediculously hardto copy and paste images on this blasted phone *sighs*
Parental Advisory Warning
              SEX
             ZONE
           AHEAD!!

Fenrir

I am REPOSTING Onudi's Application WITH her permission and mild corrections (also with permission) to her CS for review: (if you must know, she's a real life friend that scurried off to work and begged dear, sweet Fenrir to help her out)  *pokes at Oni, friend*  Need a better phone :P  I love your face.... >.>

Name: Arlora Lisha

Weapons: Arlora fights with a pair of short swords that have an Asian flare, light and incredibly well balanced with strong folded steel blades imbedded with old family magic to keep them sharp and nearly unbreakable. Her family name is carved into the wood and ivory handles and into the wooden sheaths that hang together on her right hip. Se has been known to fancy a long staff while practicing casting, but most often she is wielding her swords in the face of her enemy as she flits back and forth to distract them.

Specialty: Confusion and Distraction; Arlora is a distraction expert, allowing others to escape or prepare for a full on attack.  Magic: Strong Confusion, Mild Sleep, the ability to cast haste on multiple people in her party.

Personality: Arlora is strong and friendly. She has a kindnature and wants to help and protect those around her. She has a sharp mind and quick wits that help her attacks to be swift and precise in combat and her words to be clearly pointed and easy to interpret in conversation. Sometimes she can come off a bit haughty or cold due to her skill level and confidence in herself.  But her goal in life is to defend.

Backstory:
Arlora came from a strong family of fighters, begging to begin schooling at age 5.  Her father decided to keep her at home longer to help her hone her skills before sending her on. He was very skilled and knew that he had to pass on every thing he knew to his two young daughters.  Arlora was the eldest and learned very quickly, unlike Ballari, her younger sister. Her father had taught her everything he could in four short years so he sent her to Balamb Garden to begin official training for her future.  Arlora had only been at the garden for about two years when she encountered a young wind creature while out on a walk.  The creature bonded to her and they have rarely been seen apart since.  Arlora's summon, named Rira, now walks the halls and paths of te garden at her side as they have for several years now. Arlora is a 'senior' and there are a lot of very important decisions on her mind as of late. She is only two years from the cut off age and she is expecting information from SeeD any day now to see if she has been passed to become an official SeeD candidate.  For the first time in her life, she is nervous.

Appearance:
Arlora

Guardian Force:
Name: Rira Dora
Element Wind
Description Rira is a young air creature with a soft heart and warm, inviting personality. He follows Arlora everywhere she goes, being more like friends, or even an odd couple.
Rira

Bonus: Speed and Evasion

Special Attacks: Nose Dive: Rira can dive from the sky and slam her body into an enemy. If the attack is seen and expected, she does medium damage and stuns for 5 seconds. If the target is caught unaware, the attack does double damage and stinks for 15 seconds.

Florence

evangel

Hi! I'd like to post a new character application. If there's anything wrong with it, please tell me and I will fix it ASAP. Thank you!

edit 07/11/2012 - Removed charm potential from bonus & renamed charm attempt to confuse attempt in special attack.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Zephyr Vist
Enrollment Age: 15

Weapon: Beatings!
Weapon Description: As a child growing up poor, Mr. Vist learned early on the value of doing things with the least amount of money. In this case, self-defense (or assault) could be established with the weapons that came free with his hands: his hands! Despite having transferred for several years into an institution willing and quite eager to supply the enterprising youngster with more refined tools of the trade, Zephyr has chosen to roll with the punches. Perhaps it's a force of habit or simply a fear of change.
Specialization: Beatings, beatings assisted by household items, GF-supplemented beatings, evading beatings, beating off, knowing about beatings, running to endow beatings or running away from beatings.

Personality: If a man has to ride on the coattails of society to live, then he will ride on the coattails of society. Zephyr has lived long enough to understand that he should completely exploit the largesse Balamb so generously distributes to kids like him. Unfortunately, he hasn't lived long enough to understand that this isn't a very good reason to have a chip on one's shoulder. His friendly and active demeanor masks an aggravated pride, especially to other kids with well-off, well-reputed or well-endowed parents. If it produced one benefit, is that Mr. Vist takes his studies even more seriously than the art of administering beatings. Another student may use his/her free time to pursue beautiful girls/cool boys or hone their sought-after mercenary skills.

Zephyr rightfully uses his to catch up on YEARS of math, cooking and science!

Backstory: As the world continues to wage war as if the wallets of a small group of old men depended on it, thousands of orphans like Zephyr are mass-produced just like white teddy bears each year. Out of these thousands, several hundreds like Zephyr found out that working out is both a free pastime and one that provides the additional benefit of being able to beat up guys who want to beat him up. Out of these several hundred strong teenagers, a few are taken pity by Gardens and picked up by their SeeD operatives to be further refined as excellent weapons.

That's where Zephyr screwed up and dropped off. Instead of enrolling and getting put on the fast-track all because he grew up tough with no sissy maternal/paternal lovin', the dunce thought that by studying and working, he could make it into a real school. One without a curriculum that involves instilling beatings or receiving beatings! By reasons obvious, the boy had failed. Otherwise, the profile would have listed him as a student of a less-respected school.

As of now, Zephyr is content to keep studying in Balamb. God knows where he would find a job that doesn't involve beatings after this, though.

Limit Break : Duel. Learned techniques - NONE. Gotta work on that.

Appearance!

Who says just 'cause his closet is made up of trashdumpster treasures, one can't strut with swag? Oh yeah!

Oh. Wait. Rich kids. :(

GF APPLICATION
Name: Mara
Element: Fire
Description: A raging train of death erecting hope for his allies and penetrating fear against an enemy's soul!
Appearance: Slightly, teensy weensy bitty NSFW. Linked to external image site to preserve rules here!
Bonus:Vitality +. Dexterity +.
Special Attack: Engulfing Wave : All-Enemy Medium Fire Damage + Confuse Attempt. Mara erupts a splash of cleansing flammables on the unsuspecting eyes of enemies, rendering them bewildered by pain!

AidenWhite

Hopefully everything is up to par and I can join. :D

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Jayden "Indestructible" D'Ville
Enrollment Age: 8

Weapon: Hell Deflector  Weapon Description: The picture to the right

Specialization: Defense and Reflect Damage/ reflect as in he takes opponents hits and builds up one attack against one target.
Personality: Defiant, arrogant and cocky because of his ability to be ability to deflect attacks and reflect them back at the fool who used the attack on him and his comrades. He would put his life and abilities on the line for the sake of his friends. He gets serious whenever in a fight, otherwise he is never serious and jokes around.

Backstory:
Jayden, or Jay as his friends call him, doesn't remember much of what happened before he entered the training facility. The facility ignored his pleas so many times that one day he just gave up and forgot about it. Ever since then, he trained as hard as he could to get as powerful as he could. In an aptitude test Jay took so his powers could be analyzed, he was told that he had an exceptional defense and reflect ability that meant that Jay would, one day, be a crucial part to a squad. In all the spar battles Jay has ever fought, he only lost 3 times. All to a teacher of some sort. Otherwise, among the students, he has one of the best records in the facility.

Jayden hopes to be in SeeD or in some type of squad where he can be useful in missions since he has no family members to go to. The only thing he has that is close to a family are the friends he makes in the facility and the teachers. And of course his familiar, Niles.

He just hopes he can get into SeeD so he can finally use his powers for something other than sparring.
Appearance

GF Application
GF APPLICATION
Name: Niles
Element: Ice
Description: Reliable, dependable and always there to cool down the hot-headed Jayden. Niles is Jayden's bestfriend and he hangs around Jayden's neck as a cross, until he is summoned out.
Bonus: +HP, +Resistance to Elements
Special Attack: Ice Blast: Niles shoots, well.., a blast of ice!

CurvyKitten

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Jaclyn Devora 
Committee: Bestiary Committee ( though she wanted to be on the Discipline Committee she stayed with her brother and joined the Bestiary to further hone their skills. )

Weapon: Gantlets for each hand and arm, plates that on her knees, elbows and feet
Weapon Description: The gauntlets go up to her elbows the added toughness to her blows isn't the only feature these particular weapons have. A blade in each the can come out and retract at in incredible speeds. Also having the spell lightning on them she uses it to channel the electrical force through her blows. The plates on her elbow, knees and feet help conduct the lightning spell through them so she can use it with her collective fighting styles.

Specialization: Melee styles that include:boxing,Muay Thai.  The study and understanding of an opponent. And using her speed and agility to her advantage.

Actively learning and trying to specializing in: She is working on becoming a weapon designer and smith, still learning to hone the skill and become a master (as she isn't one yet) but she designed her own weapon her brothers. Always trying to expand on her fighting abilities.

A hidden Talent of an amazing voice and the ability to play a guitar. Both of with she doesn't seem to share with many, but her brother shares the amazing talent yet plays the base.

Limit Break: With uncanny speed and strength she runs around her target, hitting it with her combination of blows and blade strikes. Her combined combat training making her movements completely unpredictable and nearly impossible to counter. Finishing with a Double bladed lighting attack strike.

Personality: Strong, smart, determent, stubborn, artistic even if she'd never admit it are just a few things that come to mind if you asked her brother.Jaclyn wasn't the one to cry when they were abandoned at Balamb Garden. She was the one that held her brother and yelled at anyone that made them feel worse then they already did. The small girl seemed to grow up so fast after that, always seemed to be fighting the world around her. Her brother being the only center to the storm that the girl had started to become. As she grew up some of the rage settled and focused on something more. Her brother excelled at magic and the control of such. But she excelled at combat, never backing down from a fight and never giving up. Some may think its stupid to keep fighting in a fight when your down and beaten. She thinks it's stupid to give up, and being afraid of something just because it seems impossible only keeps you from trying. Seeming ballsy she isn't afraid to try or face something new. And serious about her studies, even when she can't catch on to something. She'd get frustrated and angry but that would only force her to try hard till she got it.

Most see her as hard to approach, but her brother knows the truth about her.  One of the arguments she had with her brother was about this very thing. Jack said that if she didn't lighten up and show the world how cool she could be she'd never make friends. Jaclyn said that was fine, the world wasn't nice for people like that. It took them and spit them out, or gave them away. Happy and sweet wasn't who she was, no matter how much she wanted to be that fun loving girl. How much she wanted to sing and show she was more then a weapon to aim. Sure there was more to her, but you could only see it once and a while. Like when she spent time with some of he younger kids of the garden or is around her brother. She seems to have a softer spot for those having to leave their homes at such young ages. And has been known to even show her silly side, or sneaking them some candy from her and her brothers stash just to get them to smile. Her own smile not seen as often, but it's been said when she does it brightens the world around her. 

Jaclyn focused on her fighting skills, something about magic didn't click with her. Her instructors said it was partly due to her lack of believe in the system as a whole. It wasn't that she didn't think it possible, it was more she wanted to see the combat. She was a fighter, was a person that came up and met a challenged toe to toe, face to face. It was part of the reason she won her GF.  The determination and unrelenting force of will that kept her going and kept her fighting was what won her that battle. No doubt the release of the lockets came when it seemed she and her brother were ready.

But she had a hidden love for music. Her amazing voice and well trained skill for the guitar are balanced out by her brother and his base play and voice. She doesn't show case the talent often but she has been know to lose herself to her music when she is alone or with her brother.

Backstory: (( BG come up between both DarkNevaeh and myself.))
Jack and his twin sister Jaclyn were born to a single mother who gave birth to them at the the very young age of 17.  Their grandparents gave them each lockets and told their mother that they were to never take them off as they were special lockets that would keep them safe.  A year later she remarried to an old high school sweetheart.  He never did like the twins.  Hated how they cried in unison.  At 5 their mother died.  She died of an unknown illness.  No doctor could even diagnose the problem.  She was just barely buried when their step dad packed them up and dropped them off at Balamb.  He tried to take the lockets from them, since they looked like they were worth money, but some kind of energy discharged and zapped him.  Disgusted, he left empty handed.

Growing up, the twins were always together, even if they seemed opposite in certain ways. While his sister was quicker to anger and always ready for a fight, Jack was calmer ready with words first.  However, they both shared a passion for dealing with monsters...if for different reasons.  The beasts gave his sister sparring partners, but Jack was interested in what was known as Blue Magic, magic normally only known to monsters. They picked up the guitar together, though he soon switched to bass to compliment her explosive electric guitar.

At 16 they became their SeeD candidates and they both knew what  needed to be done.  They went out and opened the lockets that were left with them.  In a burst of light, two guardian forces appeared in front of them.  In an instant, the four locked eyes and knew what must be done.  What took only minutes seemed like hours as they fought, neither side giving an inch.  It was the twins' teamwork that finally wrangled their Guardian Forces in.  Swearing to all work together, the twins went back to Balamb, their first Guardian Forces now a part of them.

Appearance:
Jaclyn Devora

Jaclyn Devora stands 5' 6" Blonde hair Blue eyes, and has a scar slash on her right rib cage from a battle she was in and nearly didn't come back from.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Sazh
Element: Electrical/ thunderstorm
Description:
Sazh

Bonus:boost to speed and boost to attack
Special Attack: Dark thundering clouds blast powerful lightning at the ground, summoning. As the massive bird arises from the earth, he creates a large energy field around the enemy. A channel of intense electrical energy is blasted upon the enemy. a Lightning-elemental attack that damages all enemies

DarkNevaeh

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Jack Devora
Committee: Bestiary Committee

Weapon: Staff/Scythe
Weapon Description: The scythe blade is retractable, basically making it a staff until the blade is needed.  The staff is usally used to channel magic.  The staff itself is black steel and the blade makes an almost perfect crescent.

Specialization: Magic, Strategy and Monster Battling

Limit Break: Blue Magic

Personality: Jack is calmer and more collected as opposed to his loud and slightly explosive sister.  If the twins were a storm, she was the raging winds while he was the calm center.  Smiling easily, preferring words over physical fights...he was the yang to his sister's ying.

Growing up, he was always kind to anyone.  He had smiles, easy words, a laid back calming effect.  He was more studious in the books while his sister studied with her fists and he of course had more patience when it came to the monsters they were studying and battling.

In combat, he is more the strategist then he is the warrior.  He looks for weakness and uses them to his advantage, helping direct his sister when they are in combat together.  Being a Blue mage, he isn't physically weak, but he isn't the strongest either, since his strength comes from the Monster spells that he picks up.

Backstory: Jack and his twin sister were born to a single mother who gave birth to them at the the very young age of 17.  Their grandparents gave them each lockets and told their mother that they were to never take them off as they were special lockets that would keep them safe.  A year later she remarried to an old high school sweetheart.  He never did like the twins.  Hated how they cried in unison.  At 5 their mother died.  She died of an unknown illness.  No doctor could even diagnose the problem.  She was just barely buried when their step dad packed them up and dropped them off at Balamb.  He tried to take the lockets from them, since they looked like they were worth money, but some kind of energy discharged and zapped him.  Disgusted, he left empty handed.

Growing up, the twins were always together, even if they seemed opposite in certain ways. While his sister was quicker to anger and always ready for a fight, Jack was calmer ready with words first.  However, they both shared a passion for dealing with monsters...if for different reasons.  The beasts gave his sister sparring partners, but Jack was interested in what was known as Blue Magic, magic normally only known to monsters. They picked up the guitar together, though he soon switched to bass to compliment her explosive electric guitar.

At 16 they became SeeD candidates and they both knew what  needed to be done.  They went out and opened the lockets that were left with them.  In a burst of light, two guardian forces appeared in front of them.  In an instant, the four locked eyes and knew what must be done.  What took only minutes seemed like hours as they fought, neither side giving an inch.  It was the twins' teamwork that finally wrangled their Guardian Forces in.  Swearing to all work together, the twins went back to Balamb, their first Guardian Forces now a part of them.

Appearance:
Jack Devora

Jack stands at 5'8'' with almsot shoulder length blonde hair that is usually kept in a ponytail, light blue eyes, and carries a long deep scar on his back from one of his earliest monster encounters.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Shara
Element: Water
Description:
Shara

Bonus: Vit-J, Auto SOS Heal
Special Attack: Cloak of Aquis- Shara smiles as she kisses Jack's cheek, before a wave comes.  Riding the wave, Shara circles Jack once then disappears.  The next time Jack would be attacked, it is countered with a powerful, water based attack.

Florence

Zephyr and Jayden approved!

As for the twins, I have to three points to bring up.

1) They should be students or SeeD Candidates, not full SeeD, so you'll have to edit the part about them passing their SeeD exams.

2) I'm a little wary of the mention of pressure point based fighting. Its not necessarily overpowered by itself, but its something that can be abused. I would suggest removing that, and have her learn it over the course of the rp. I've mentioned this a few times before, but you should always leave room for your character to grow. Combining that ability with gauntlets, retractable blades and thunder is a bit much. I would probably tone down her strengths a little.

3) Jack's image isn't showing up for me  :'(

I love the over-all ideas, though, just address those points and I'll give 'em another look :>

TheHangedOne

Just something I thought I'd mention in the light of Finn's post: My own character, Pain, as he likes to call himself, will eventually learn Dim Mak, the "Death touch" attack, which is basically all about abusing the hell out of pressure point knowledge. But, as he is now, he only knows that it does exist. No clue how to pull it off.
Check out my poet tree!

DarkNevaeh

I think I finally fixed the coding.  Can you see if you can see the pics for Jack now?

Mossberg

-Lews Therin Telamon

DarkNevaeh

Jack is fully fixed, Jaclyn is working on hers and should be done within a few minutes.

CurvyKitten

Fixed Jaclyn took out the pressure points and two fighting styles out to have room for her to grow and learn. But I did add a note about her being a crafter because I don't think there is one yet. So she is a studying to be a weapon designer, still learning and isn't a master or anything.

But she did design her weapon (and her brothers), hence it centers around her fighting styles of boxing and Muay Thai.

I even put it under another category as something she is actively learning and trying to specialize in. Just thought it be fun and we don't see to have a crafter just yet. Let me know if that is ok.

Actively learning and trying to specializing in: She is working on becoming a weapon designer and smith, still learning to hone the skill and become a master (as she isn't one yet) but she designed her own weapon her brothers. Always trying to expand on her fighting abilities.

Onudi

Name: Friera Nona
Enrollment Age: 7

Specialization:  Black/White Magic (little to no actual hand to hand combat skills)
Magic: Fire, Ice, Lightening, and Cura
Weapons: Small very simple earthen staff with one shining green vine wrapping delicately from tip to tip.  Only about a foot long, it has a leather wrapped handle and a leather loop strap that she puts around her wrist or hangs from a button buckle on her belt. She also wears a small bracelet with a silver heart charm hanging from it that boosts her Vitality, that she supposedly got from a mother she cannot remember.

Backstory/Personality: Like many other youngsters her age, Friera is an orphan.  She was taken into the Garden more out of pity than for merritt of skills.  She is very shy and quiet and often hides away from others when she isn't required to be in class.  Friera had been at the Garden since age 7 and had managed to keep to herself and build no bonds up to this point.  But she was beginning to feel the lonelyness take over.  It was more than she could bear these days, but she didn't have any idea how to approach another student so she stays alone with her sadness and her inner turmoil and waits for something, anything to happen to help her.

Appearance:
Friera

GF Application:  NOTE: Friera has not found Grearga yet.
Name: Grearga Fisk
Element:  Water
Description:
Appearance

Fairly old Water creature with a strong soul and incredibly protective nature for one other creature at a time.
Bonus: Vitality and Defense
Special Attack:
Defense Mirror Shield: Casts a ball of protective water around herself and her bonded, the GF's protective nature draws her to attach to and defend those she deems worthy. All magics cast at the bubble will reflect back at the caster, doing the same amount of damage (or the same effect) the original attack would have. Physical attacks will be avoided and have a chance to stun the attacker for 5-10 seconds when they come in contact with the shield in any way.
Parental Advisory Warning
              SEX
             ZONE
           AHEAD!!

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 12, 2012, 08:15:58 AM
Just something I thought I'd mention in the light of Finn's post: My own character, Pain, as he likes to call himself, will eventually learn Dim Mak, the "Death touch" attack, which is basically all about abusing the hell out of pressure point knowledge. But, as he is now, he only knows that it does exist. No clue how to pull it off.

I'm a little wary of anyone learning Dim Mak. Especially with your GF's special ability. To be honest, I'm kind of wary of that too. If I might make a suggestion, any instant death technique should PROBABLY be settled by a diceroll. With odds of something along the lines of 5/100 odds. Maybe the odds can improve down the line, but I really don't want to see instant death being common at all.

Also Friera and the twins are accepted!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 12, 2012, 03:41:59 PM
I'm a little wary of anyone learning Dim Mak. Especially with your GF's special ability. To be honest, I'm kind of wary of that too. If I might make a suggestion, any instant death technique should PROBABLY be settled by a diceroll. With odds of something along the lines of 5/100 odds. Maybe the odds can improve down the line, but I really don't want to see instant death being common at all.

Also Friera and the twins are accepted!
A good point. Besides, traditionally, a Dim Mak doesn't insta-kill. Maybe have it so it inflicts Doom instead? Otherwise, I'll just nix the idea of Dim Mak.
Check out my poet tree!

AidenWhite

If we are using dice, this'll probably be the excuse to get off my lazy butt and learn how to use the dice bot. As of now, I have no idea how to use it.

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 12, 2012, 04:53:07 PM
A good point. Besides, traditionally, a Dim Mak doesn't insta-kill. Maybe have it so it inflicts Doom instead? Otherwise, I'll just nix the idea of Dim Mak.

Hmm... I could see it in inflicting doom, but is there a way to remove doom?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 12, 2012, 06:12:16 PM
Hmm... I could see it in inflicting doom, but is there a way to remove doom?
Winning the battle before the counter runs out. I don't mind nixing the Dim Mak thing, and as for Broken One and her special attack, the chance of an instant knock out, I figured, would be about 5%, with bosses obviously having some plot armor to it.
Check out my poet tree!

Revenent

Quote from: AidenWhite on July 12, 2012, 04:56:22 PM
If we are using dice, this'll probably be the excuse to get off my lazy butt and learn how to use the dice bot. As of now, I have no idea how to use it.

I had to learn it recently. Thankfully, it's absurdly easy to use.

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 12, 2012, 06:17:36 PM
Winning the battle before the counter runs out. I don't mind nixing the Dim Mak thing, and as for Broken One and her special attack, the chance of an instant knock out, I figured, would be about 5%, with bosses obviously having some plot armor to it.

Hmm... if its a close-range, doom attack... I think it could work when he get stronger, but other characters would obviously be able to avoid or block the attack. We can cross that bridge when we get to it. As for 5%, with bosses having plot armor sounds fair. I would use the dices to determine it just because its too hard to fairly decide just WHEN it hits without them.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 12, 2012, 06:26:50 PM
Hmm... if its a close-range, doom attack... I think it could work when he get stronger, but other characters would obviously be able to avoid or block the attack. We can cross that bridge when we get to it. As for 5%, with bosses having plot armor sounds fair. I would use the dices to determine it just because its too hard to fairly decide just WHEN it hits without them.
So, a 1d100 roll,  96, 97, 98, 99, or 100 is a KO? Bosses just have to deal with the physical damage, since they're typically immune to all status effects.  Makes the big fights more dramatic anyways.
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 12, 2012, 06:33:43 PM
So, a 1d100 roll,  96, 97, 98, 99, or 100 is a KO? Bosses just have to deal with the physical damage, since they're typically immune to all status effects.  Makes the big fights more dramatic anyways.

That does sound fair :o

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Revenent

Or you could just roll a d20 and only have it take effect if you roll a 20...

TheHangedOne

I could! But, I have always been fond of the D100. It gets so little use.  :-\
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

I used two d10 for percentages. Much easier managed than a 100 sided die lol.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Revenent

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 13, 2012, 12:38:24 AM
I could! But, I have always been fond of the D100. It gets so little use.  :-\

Yeah, because anything with less than 5% chance of working is probably not worth the time. ::)

Quote from: Mossberg on July 13, 2012, 12:40:06 AM
I used two d10 for percentages. Much easier managed than a 100 sided die lol.

How do you create a 5/100 probability with that?

Mossberg

You roll two d10. One is for the tens digit and the other is for the ones. If you get two 0's then it's 100.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Mossberg

Can't remember where I picked that up. It might have been in the D&D 3rd ed.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Florence

TheHangedOne

Guess the ol' D100 will have to be relegated to being chucked at people we don't want at the gaming table...  8-) Hehehe.
Check out my poet tree!

Fenrir

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Lalo Kesko

Weapon: Sword Whip Weapon Description: A very rare weapon chosen by students of the Garden, the sword whip is capable of holding its sword shape and by pressing a series of hidden mechanisms on the handle, a well practiced student can extend the sword into a whip with keeping long sections of the blade.  The sword whip has the flexibility and long reach of a whip and the cutting power of a sword and can be flawlessly changed from melee to mid ranged combat.  Lalo's sword whip is a two and half foot blade when in complete sword form and can reach up to fifteen feet when the blade separates to become more whip-like.   Meaning that all sorts of fancy tricks can be done with them while cutting people to pieces.
Specialization: Self Proclaimed Badass
Personality: Lalo is likely one of the most independent SeeD's the garden has ever graduated.  She has skill, power, and is well aware of it.  Her confidence is far from over bearing and arrogant though, it just tends to be a fact that she's good at everything she does... but that's mostly because she refuses to do the things she's bad at... She lives life on the fast track and is adventurous almost to a fault.  When she sees something she wants she goes after it an object, a mission, a person and though girls at the garden sometimes called her a slut, she's never been anything but a goddess to the long string of men and boys she's left brokenhearted behind her.  She takes the pleasure they offer, returning in kind, before moving on to the next object of her affection.  The only hard feelings she's ever had from her past lovers is the ones old flames cause that arise and settle after a long night of blissful love making.

Backstory:
Unlike most of the others in the garden, Lalo was not orphaned or sent to Balamb Garden.  The young child of merely eight ran away from her hometown of Fisherman's Horizon, stowing away on a tug boat that happened to be headed to Balamb Town.  The child was lucky enough not to be found and taken home, not to mention how convenient it was that it was actually headed to one of the places she wanted to go.  She had not cared when she picked the boat out from a long line of them at the docks.  If it got the strong headed nine year old to one of the other continents- she could find her way to a garden.  When she arrived at the garden she applied as an orphan and did not know or care whether her parents came looking for her for a long, long time.  She wanted to be more than a fisher, more than a mechanic.  Lalo wanted to do something meaningful with her life.

She passed her written exam the day she was available to take it and though it took a few weeks to get a professor to agree to recommend her she passed her field exam on the first try as well.  Lalo was on record one of the youngest to pass a field exam so early but she did it the way she does everything in life: at top speed.  Though she had barely passed, managing only the low rank of three.  Her very first mission was to Fisherman's Horizon and though the idea of going back after being away for eight or nine years haunted her she took the mission anyway.  It was simple to locate and destroy a nearby water fiend but while she was gathering intelligence she could not restrain herself from asking about her parents.  She discovered quickly that they were dead and had been for the eight or nine years she had been gone.  It seems that both started out the day after they discovered her disappearance and knowing their daughter well, headed for a garden.  They were lost at sea in a terrible storm before making it to land.

The trauma of discovering her parents that she had loved dearly, but had paid no heed to the past years, was torturous to the young woman and if it had not been for the other SeeD member on the team the assigned mission would have been failed.  The incident was reported and her Rank fell to one.  Lalo spent months in solitude, blaming herself for their death and not bothering to find out about them until it was almost a joke she had even bothered asking.  At the threat of being dropped of SeeD status she went back to work, deciding to make sure her parent's death was not in vein and determined to become one of the best SeeDs Balamb Garden has ever seen.

As a student she had collected many guardian forces and had been accused more than once of 'hogging' them all and when she became a SeeD she began collecting even more.  She beat every guardian force creature she decided to acquire, even if it was just by a little, and did not even bother with those she could not succeed in killing.  There was no point in doing something knowing you were going to loose.  She had almost every element and even some stronger non-elements.  Lalo kept them mostly to show off, only junctioning one at a time and her rank was quickly rising as she took on mission after mission. 

Just last week she became an official A rank and during that mission she gave up all of her acquired guardian forces for one in particular.  She had run across the unique guardian force on the island closest to heaven and though she was easily beaten in reference to some of the others she had obtained the creature out right refused to serve her as long as any other guardian force was in her possession.  Claiming to that she 'did not like to share.'  Lalo had wanted to say no to the creature but something about her was entirely too persuasive and she had no idea that she herself was charmed by the creature.

Appearance:
Lalo

GF APPLICATION
Name: Esyllt
Element: None
Description:
Esyllt
Esyllt fades into existence from a magenta color cloud and the cloud swirls momentarily the color shifting into mixing purple and pink swirls, slowly separating until the cloud forms into the solid shape of strange colored peacock feathers.  Smooth, flawless skin of a woman peaks out from the feathers and they slide back revealing a perfect set of lips.  A tongue slides out along the lips, leaving a shining layer as an almost reptilian eye suddenly opens, piercing a target with her sight.
Bonus:  Endurance and Vitality
Special Attack:
Enrapture - Her feathers shift along her skin, never revealing more than just a few spots of skin at a time.  The partially hidden body beneath sways back and forth in a hypnotizing way as she bends at the waist a hand coming up to kiss her palm and blow a kiss towards the intended target.  This action 'charms' a target, making the target less inclined to attack Lalo directly.  If she is on a team or with a group the target will be more inclined to attack others, if she is by herself the target will hesitate before attacking her, giving her the upper hand in battle.

Florence

TheHangedOne

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Alphonse Tartare
Enrollment Age:9

Weapon: Dragon Tooth Weapon Description: A simple spear with a powerful metal tip. It is wholly unremarkable, save for its name. 
Specialization: Diplomacy. Charming and charismatic, and possessing a way with words, he is quite good at mediating disputes. This also lends him well to acts of subterfuge, however, he would not use his talents for such nasty business, without just cause.

Chocobos. No, seriously, he is excellent with chocobos. They instinctively trust him, and he understands them on a primal level. He is the chocobo whisperer.
Personality: A good man through and through, he enjoys taking the high road in most situations. He believes in the things that some people may call silly;t hings like chivalry, honor, respect... knightliness. At the same time, however, he is a somewhat pragmatic person, and he knows that their is a time and place for such things, and then, their is a time and place for stabbing things until they stop trying to kill you.

Backstory: His father was a chocobo breeder, and an early exposure to them, and perhaps just good genetics, is responsible for his fondness towards the animals, and his ability to understand them intuitively.

Alphonse was sent off to Garden when he was young because he always went on and on about becoming a knight, just like in the stories his mother read to him. And eventually his parents decided, that if he truly wanted to do that, he would need the training.

When he was fourteen, he went for a walk to try to get to Balamb; he was curious if he could handle it. He wanted to do it as a test of his own endurance. Along the way, he encountered a chocobo trying to protect its chiciobo's from monsters.

Unwilling to ignore the situation, he plunged headlong into what was ultimately his first real battle. Though heavily injured, he did eventually emerge the victor.

Afterwards, he managed to get maybe twenty or thirty feet away from the mother, as it fussed over its babies, before he collapsed.

He woke up later on, in a forest closer to the Garden. The mother chocobo had carried him off, and tended to his wounds [ChocoCure], in thanks for his earlier assistance, most likely. He spent some time with the mother and her babies, who seemed willing to trust him.

For the next several years, every time he got a chance to, he'd go out to visit the chocobos, and play with them, and bring them Gysahl Greens and other treats. Some times, he would go monster-hunting around the area, keeping the nest safe and secure.

A little over a year ago, one of the fully grown Chocobo's, whom had taken an extreme liking towards Alphonse, decided that it wanted to always be by him. He took the time to train the Chocobo that would be named Ripper, how to fight, how to handle his weight, and many, many other things; he was inspired by the old tales of knights in shining armor, riding upon Chocobos.

Quite recently, he managed to commission a special suit of armor and claws for Ripper, which keep the big bird safe, while also giving him a suitably menacing appearence. Ripper is aptly named and attired; the chocobo has a serious vicious streak, and an over-protectiveness of its rider.
Alphonse's Appearance
Ripper's Appearance
GF APPLICATION
Name: Chevalier De Chocobo
Element: None
Description: A knightly chocobo
Bonus: balanced stat growth, evasion +20%
Special Attack: Esprit De Corp: The knightly chocobo blesses all friendly nearby characters, healing their wounds for a small amount (equivalent to a casting of Cure), while also giving them Shell and Protect.
Chevalier De Chocobo's Appearance
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Tel Janin Chuain
Enrollment Age: 11
Theme Song
None as of yet

Weapon: Sword Weapon Description: Tel uses a sword that resembles a katana but has a narrower tip. See here.
Specialization: Melee combat. Focuses more on endurance and dealing damage than speed and accuracy.
Spells available: Cure and Berserk.
Personality: Tel is fairly outgoing and likes to make friends, especially of the female persuasion. His attitude is often carefree until he enters battle or some form of a confrontation, then he gets deadly serious and will give his opponent no quarter. Tel has yet to take the written test for SeeD candidacy.

Backstory: Tel came to Galbadia Garden at the age of 11. His parents had died when he was just a young boy and his aunt raised him until she could no longer deal with the boy who got in constant fights with the neighborhood boys. Nowadays he can't remember much of his past and prefers to not dwell on it. He figures if it was worth remembering then he would remember it eventually. Staying at Galbadia Garden until just recently he had excelled in the melee combat classes but was average at best in the other classes.

Appearance: Tel wears his sword scabbard on his left waist with a pouch on his right for anything he my want to carry with him. This is his typical style of clothing when not wearing the Gardens uniform.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Azoth (Unicorn)
Element: Holy
Bonus: Strength and Vitality.
Special Attack: When summoned a mist will begin rolling out across the area and a shadow will appear in the heart of the mist. Azoth will emerge from the mist and survey the area. Rearing up on his hind legs and neighing loudly he begins to emit a white light that heals all allies and removes any status effects. After the technique is done Azoth will land and turn around to leave, the mist disappearing with him.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Florence

DarkNevaeh

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Kir Aldebrand
Enrollment Age: 12

Weapon: Gauntlets 
Weapon Description: Kir has a pair of Gauntlets made of solid steel that allow him to go up against even swords in combat.  He is able to block and grab blades with these and they also come with a depression to put in crsystals that are refined from other items.  These crystals allow him to imbue his strikes with a particular type of magic.  Currently, he only has ice crystals.  These crystals seem to be a form of Esther magic that the military have been using as of late.

Specialization: DPS, hand to hand combat

Limit Break: Kir's limit break is a variation of Transform, though his is currently a weaker form of it.  Currently, Kir gains aspects of an animal  and uses it to fight, as well as gains Berserk.  His current aspects are wolf, where he gains claws, his hair extends, his fangs grow and growls.  He gains speed and attack power when in this mode and it lasts for 30 seconds. 

Personality: Loud, aggressive, and cocky, Kir enjoys using his physical prowess to deal with most problems.  He enjoys picking on those weaker then him (which is nearly everyone) and is known to go around doing his own thing. 

Backstory: Kir is a special case when it comes to the candidates.  Kir was enrolled at 12 years old after being kicked out of several schools for fighting.  His parents believed that if he got into the military, he would learn to control his temper, and only fight when necessary.  While the first became true...the second is a lesson that takes more time to learn. 

In no time at all, Kir took to training and his natural affinity for brawling became honed.  In strength and fighting ability he was top of the class and while he had no real affinity to magic, it didn't matter.  He and his fists would take on anything and in one on one combat, there was nobody better.

Kir was also one of the most handsome guys to come to the Garden.  Rumors vary but one that sounds most true is that there is a book on every girl over the age of 16 that lives in the Garden.  Kir is in possession of this book and has marked off each girl that he has taken to bed.  The rumors continue that he has had nearly every girl at least once, though there are some repeats.  The biggest rumor is that there is at least one girl at Balamb who had actually tamed the Beast.  This is due to roughly six months of near tranquility where Kir was seen simply doing his classes and training without being too much of an aggressive ass.  However, after six months, something happened.  Some say that his heart was broken.  Others say he finally snapped out of some spell.  Either way, he came back with a  ferocity, almost as if to make up for missing six months of challenging everyone to fights and taking pleasure in beating them all.  Soon his want to become SeeD became all he wanted and he went back to hardcore training.

After passing his written exams with flying colors, Kir went right into training for his field exams.  While he had no GF to summon, he didn't care.  He needed nothing and no one but his own two fists and his fighting ability.  Sure enough, the day the exam would come and Kir was set to go.  At 16, he would be one of the quickest to and youngest to go from training to cadet to the exam.

Well he would have been the quickest...save he had no GF.  No real grasp of magic.  So during the week after he became a candidate, he snuck into an exam.  He was, of course, caught, even though he took down one of the mechanical drones thrown at him.  After his verbal berating, Kir went on a walk...for three days.  No one is sure where he went, but he did not come back alone.  When he returned he had a new mark on his right shoulder blade and a new summon. 

Kir has taken the exam 3 times now and has failed each time due to his lack of teamwork and inability to take direct orders without challenging them.  Kir has been training hard to take the exams again, and hopes to soon.  He is already 18 and wants to desperately become SeeD.

Appearance:
Kir Aldebrand

GF APPLICATION
Name: Mateus
Element: Ice
Description:
Mateus
Bonus: Str-J, I Mag-RF
Special Attack:Flash Freeze- Mateus dives into a lake. After momentarily charging his trident, he launches the weapon towards the enemy. The force of the trident results in a column of water engulfing the opponent. The column freezes, and the immediate vicinity experiences a drastic decrease in temperature. The column begins to crack and soon all of the ice shatters.

Florence

Qt

Character Application
Name: Xenon Windbrisk
Enrollment Age: 6

Weapon: A finely crafted dagger, used more of focus for spells than for actual fighting
Specialization: Black Magic (Fire, Water, Aero OR Blizzard, Thunder, Quake)
Personality: He has a turbulent personality, sometime appearing very calm and reserved while other times very quick to jump to conclusions and eager to get conflict. Prefers to keep his distance in fights. He gets along relatively well with people but has moments where he would appear unfriendly and moody.

Backstory: Xenon doesn't have a lot of memories for when he was outside the garden safe for the fact that he is orphaned, even his memories of him after his enrollment were the more recent ones. He has a talent for black magic but beyond that he's always been a rather lost individual despite being the time he has spent he knowledge of the structure and rules of the school is questionable.

He knows a handful of people however he has limited contact with people and he's known to pop in and out of places without warning. Due to his general apparent cluelessness, he is often told by others what to do, though he usually does them, he does spend time to think whether what he was doing was beneficial or not.

Appearance:

GF Application
Name: Millard
Element: Non-Elemental
Description: A winged female fairy with height up to Xenon's shoulder.
Bonus: Raises magical power. Inversion- flips the element for the spell that Xenon casts.
Special: Overwhelm, Millard circles the target multiple times leaving many coloured trails that surround the target before the trails collapses onto the target as ti knots together to create an explosion.

Florence

Pink Professional

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Tobias ‘Toby’ Fioré
Enrollment Age:  5

Weapon: Naga Fang A unique one sided blade with an emphasis on its point. The emphasis on its point compliments Toby’s unique duellist style. :
Specialization: Toby has a strong emphasis on his quick, duellist style of fighting. His sword style is swift like a dance and a lethal as an envenomed fang. He has some talent for white magic but is useless with Black magic.
Personality: Toby is a well-known and fairly liked member of the Balamb garden, having been a part of it for a great many years. He is nearly always light hearted and jovial. With wit, charm and smiles at his beck and call, combining that with his relative skill and above average looks, Tobias is an all-around likable soul.
When it comes to serious matters, Toby has a tendency to be very negative: Mainly to and about himself. He puts a lot of pressure on himself and is hyper-critical: At times even entering panic states and rash decisions. When he fails, he often becomes so critical of himself that he downright falls into depression.
Backstory: His parents were ex-Seed members, serving the Balamb garden a generation previously. When the two fell in love, and his mother was pregnant with Toby, both parents requested a leave of absence, which then blossomed into full retirement. Toby was born into comfort and lived with both parents firmly alive. For all intents and purposes, his life was pretty normal, albeit with parents that could infiltrate most governmental facilities and sabotage lethal weapon launches.
Growing up, Tobias had the same desires as just about any son, he wanted to be just like his cool dad. He grew up rapidly and Enrolled in Balamb garden at a very young age, following in his parents footsteps. He showed a lot of promise at the academy and great things were expected of him.
As soon as it was possible, Tobias took the Seed exam and promptly failed. It was dismissed as a situation of bad luck and poor decision making on the leaders part. So it had a minimal effect on Tobias, so life resumed until a stroke of fate intervened. Tobias’ father died, seemingly out of the blue. No-one knew what caused the passing, but it hit the son heavily, leaving him associating failure with the death of his father.

Appearance:
Tobias

GF APPLICATION
Nemo

Name: Nemo
Element: Fire
Description: The fierce Nemean Lion, Nemo is a striking figure with a powerful mane of hair and a fierce bellow. Often known to war against Ifrit, Nemo’s savagery is matched only by his speed and power. As graceful a hunter as can be found worldwide, he often remains the last thing to be seen.
Bonus: Speed-J, Str-J
Special Attack:Twelve Labours- Nemo launches into a ferocious assault, First letting out a Fierce roar, then charging into the opponent, Slicing them to shreds before bellowing out a roaring Inferno.

Florence