Dark Clouds and Silver Linings

Started by Geraint, January 30, 2023, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geraint

The School Marm (available)
(PBP, Light, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Historical, U.S. West)

The woman who gets off of the stage coach is not particularly young.  Perhaps she is a spinster or a widow woman, but she is stern of demeanor as is befitting her station.  She's endured the uncomfortable journey all the way from the east coast for but a single reason.  She is here to bring civilization to the wild west, in the form of education.

The newly built schoolhouse is all waiting for her and there is a room for her at the boarding house until a more suitable dwelling may be found or built.  The town, led by the prominent local women and pillars of the community and church, is serious about bringing up civilized young ladies and gentlemen, having had quite enough of ruffians tearing up the town every time they got liquored up.  So if the men will not be civilized, then it is up to them to grow their own.  The town is growing fast, after all.

The school marm, as she is called by the uneducated, is a dedicated women, who has no time for men, especially the ruffians of the west, nor any need of them.  She'd outgrown  those kind of ideas long ago.  But then again, she's never met a real western man, and perhaps she's not too old to do a bit of learning herself.  She's a fine looking woman, after all … other than the frown.

This is, of course, intended to be a romance, even if the school marm doesn't know it yet.  It would be fun if it were with someone unlikely, like maybe a blacksmith or a bandit, though a sheriff would be OK as well, really anyone who wouldn't remotely fit her definition of a gentleman.  I am quite open to suggestion from a lady of similar style and interests who thinks this might be fun. But I am thinking that it's the kidnapper himself 9who is also the mayor of the hideout), who she has to deal with but doesn't like very much

Return to Camelot (available)
(PBP, Light, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Fantasy?

When Guinivere returns after a centuries-long absence, will she need a guide book to Camelot?

Well likely this isn't Camelot because it's too well preserved.  And she's likely a SCA tourist or a LARPer taking in the ambiance.  But you know how it is with ancient structures in places where the very stones sing on the Solstice. 

You can just bet that she will be going on a journey into a dangerous past to take her rightful part of the cosmos and maybe right  some wrongs and meet a hunky guy with a claymore strapped to his back, or knight in tarnished order, or a King in desperate need of a Queen.  But likely she's been preparing for that moment for her whole adult life. 

So you know when the stones start humming, she's going to lay down and fall asleep it their circle ... and end up waking up in some place fascinatingly dangerous.

Lady in Waiting (available)
(PBP, Light to DubCon, Human Solo M/F, M/F/M, Freeform, historical, Tudorish)

So, we have Queens and Princesses galore within the realm of Elliquiy, as well as Duchesses, and Countesses, Viscountesses, and Baronesses and perhaps even a Marchioness or Marquesa or two.  But I ask you, who keeps these ladies company, and where do highborn Lords and Ladies send their daughters to improve their marriage prospects?  Where indeed are all the Ladies in Waiting who serve as such delicious romantic fodder in times of yore.  Where would Henry VIII have found his mistresses and future wives but from within the Queen's corps of Ladies in Waiting?

Perhaps these gentle Ladies receive their due elsewhere on Elliquiy, but I feel remiss for my muse not having turned much of his attention to these languishing ladies of love and lusts (though to give him his due, he is quite attentive to the one Lady in Waiting and one Handmaiden he knows).  So I present for your consideration a lovely Lady in Waiting.  I'm sure she has some intriguing tales to tell, once she finds her voice ...

Geraint

Dark Clouds and Silver Linings
Currently Available

A major revision of my previous Dark Clouds and Silver Linings thread with a number of changes. 12/19/2023

If you have interest in an idea I post here, or have questions, please PM me.

Please also look at the first three posts of my O/Os and a few posts of my writing first.

And as a courtesy please do not post on this thread.

In all cases I will write only on forum here, and my character will be a heterosexual male.

In all cases, I shall be looking for a cs Lady or Dame of compatible style, detail orientation, O/Os and interests to play a female character or characters for romance or sexual stories.

My posts tend to be three to eight detailed paragraphs complete with setting, character backgrounds and emotions.  My response time is currently 2-7 days, real life allowing and not likely to drift above 14 days unless I am drawn away by real life.  In that case I shall notify partners in my signature, or by PM if it gets as long as two weeks.  My writing status will always be shown in my signature (and in my AAs for anything serious).  I’m flexible on partner response time and length, though I may well start to lose interest if posts are consistently short, lacking in detail or take more that three weeks for response. 

Any story idea I post here is flexible and quite open to different interpretations by potential partners.  As long as the overall story idea is maintained, I am quite open to negotiations on all else.  While the picture included is always the source of the idea, my partners are welcome to use photographs of their own choosing.

Silken Woman (available)
(PBP, Light - BON, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Historical, Fantasy)

She was what would in another era be called a sing-song girl, or a Courtesan in yet another.  But she had always been called a silken woman, which turned out to be very relevant to her current situation.

She was very good at her chosen profession, and her company much sought after.  But where another woman would have basked in the attention, the gifts and favors, the elegant clothing, and the status, she cared little about any of those.  And she had tired of being a lotus blossom floating on the vast pool of intrigue that was Chang'an ... the world's largest city.

No, she craved adventure, even danger, and her curiosity craved the variety of people and ideas that were as much articles of trade as silk and jade for the west.  And she was not at all above using her skills and talent to further her intent to one day make it to the other end of the Silk Road, to see what might be there.

So it was that she might be found at a strategically placed inn or trading post along the route (never in a bustling city), offering her services as guide and companion, or whatever else was required.  Most of her assignments were short ones, as there were very few who traveled the entire six thousand miles of the silk road.  The common practice was for trade goods to go from hand to hand along the way.  It was an exciting life and she met many new and different people and ideas.  But her real goal was to travel the entire length of the Silk road to see what was at the other end.

And as it turned out, her opportunity to do so came not from a trader or intercultural traveler … but rather from a warrior on a mission of vengeance.

Or perhaps it was someone else …

Transported (available)
(PBP, BON - DubCon, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Historical)

It wasn't such a terrible  crime that she committed, rather an act of desperation. They they weren't going to hang her, though the law permitted it.  She wasn't going to be sent her to one of the overcrowded hellhole British prisons.  No, seeing as she was  Irish and thus an undesirable element to the British mindset of the time.  She was  going to be "transported" to a British colony (St. Lucia) in the West Indies for a seven year term though.  Few returned at the end of their terms, for one reason or another.  And there were perils all along the way.

If she was lucky, she wouldn't die of sickness on the voyage, as many did.  With the right ship and captain she might not get gang raped by the crew.  After all, with her beauty and body she might fetch a big price when she was bought and then auctioned off like a slave at the end of the journey if she remained unharmed.  She might not get sent to the fields and their multiple perils. If she captured the attention of a plantation owner, who might outbid the bordello for her services.  And if she pleased him, she might not get beaten or abused regularly nor discarded when another pleased him more. 

After all not all the plantation owners were uncaring beasts.   And if she was smart and knew when to provoke and when to yield, she might do very well as a cared for kept woman ... or even more. 

That is assuming, of course that she doesn't get bought by a beast or the bordello.

I could see this being played with either 2 or 4 PCs.  if the latter, the two women could be friends or related and perhaps treated differently.

Groomed for Greatness (available)
(PBP, Light-BON, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Fantasy, Supernatural)

The picture presents an interesting tableau, that could be depicting a variety of different scenarios.  But I think it safe to say that the three white haired gals are powerful women who seem pretty sure of themselves, and the other gal seems out of it ... but I'm guessing alive.  They could be Macbeth's three who will meet again, a trio of Bene Gesserit, a mini-gathering of the Lodge of Sorceresses from the Witcher, priestesses of a dark goddess ... on any of a multitude of possibilities

So,  Perhaps they are preparing to initiate  a new member into their coven, or preparing one of their own to seduce and marry the King … or an enemy.  Of course, they look so solemn that they could be getting ready to leave an offering to summon a demon or preparing to punish their overly curious house maid.  Given that they resemble witches, perhaps they are getting ready to tattoo her body with mystical symbols on the front and a map on her back, or doing a pre-natal checkup on Rosemary's Baby. 

Of course with them being so watchful, they could be attendants of the sleeping Goddess, or Fairy Godmothers guarding Sleeping Beauty's rest, or even finally in possession of a real Valkyrie to do their will on the battlefield.  Still, it's pretty kinky looking picture, so perhaps they are about to drip hot wax and wine all over her body, and indulge their darker natures?

According to Dame Periphery:  "These witches had once been part of the royal council but a new day dawned with a dead King and a new heir who spurned their sage advices. Hexes and charms and bending nature has not yet brought their new Lord to his senses. Perhaps human folly was a much better target. So they took the best of each of their charms, their gifts, and combined it with the various enchanted bits and bobbles they had around them - fruit and spice, milk and wax, wool and hay, and just a drop (okay maybe a few drops) of an elixir of desirability. A spark, then smoke, then flame, then fire, and what was left? She was the key to their regained status behind the throne of a King."

Oooh, I like that.;D

In any case, they can be whatever a willing Lady or Dame writer of compatible OOs and style wants them to be.  I've used this picture before for a story that never really got off the ground.  But my intent is to make it an entirely different story from the start, and I'm quite willing to negotiate specifics.

In the Park (available)
(PBP, Light to-BON, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Contemporary.)

He was walking home through the through the park that evening.  The night was still young and the muggers wouldn't be out yet, but there was a chill in the air that had him buttoning up his coat fully and turning up the collar in the back.  The weather station was calling the temperatures to fall below freezing overnight and with snow accumulations over of over a foot by morning and  another fifteen inches through the course of the day.

The city would be paralyzed, and already the mayor was calling for all but essential workers to stay home. And given it would be Friday it would be a nice long weekend to sit by the fireplace and read.  It would not be a good time for those who slept on park benches.  So it was more than a bit surprising to spy a well dressed woman laying alone on a bench beside the walk.  She was not well dressed for the coming weather, which was hardly her only peril, alone as she was, and she didn't seem to be injured.  And when she looked up at him in silent plea.

It unlikely that within the heart of every man there dwelt a knight in shining armor waiting to come to the aid of a damsel in distress.  But it was the case for him, he was quickly find out.

"Are you injured or ill Miss?"

She slowly shook her head before he could reach for his phone. She didn't have the look of a junkie about her.

You're really not safe here alone.  If you are waiting for someone, I'll gladly wait with you until they arrive.  Or I'd be happy to walk you home or to a safe place.

When she finally did speak, her voice was soft, and barely audible. 

"I have no place to go ..."

Enter the Knight in Shining Armor, stage right.

Cloistered(available)
(PBP, Light - DubCon, Human Solo M/F, Freeform, Historical, Fantasy)

I'm not yet sure who this woman is, but I know that she has been cloistered practically her entire life, perhaps in a nunnery, or deep in a harem, or somewhere else pleasant but not visited by men.  She knows little of the world outside, and nothing of men, but she speaks five languages fluently, is skilled in all the traditional womanly arts, save that of seduction.  She is well read, if within a carefully selected library that held nothing of romance nor desire.  She sings and plays the spinet, as well … and she is surprisingly skilled with rapier and dagger. 

She is a modest woman of pure heart and body, and she has been prepared her whole life for a future unknown to her, nor perhaps to her tutors.  Perhaps she is to be wed to a king or emperor, or even a god.  Or she could be a sacrifice to a demanding god, or the ransom or a hostage for a kingdom, or even she might be an oracle or seeress.  She is surely exquisite beyond any doubt though only her face and eyes the color of the sky are ever seen, save by her seemingly mute attendants, even in her cloister.  But she is a woman grown and exquisitely prepared, and her time is coming soon. 

It may be that she will leave her cloister veiled, or blindfolded, or otherwise prepared for a journey into the unknown.  Or it may just be that it is time for her final lessons, that prepare her for her new role before she leaves.