Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

"Ha! In your face Mr. You-Need-To-Learn-A-Patronus-Charm-Or-You'll-Be-Screwed-When-Voldemort-Returns stupid DADA teacher whose name I can't remember since he was only there a year!" Red says triumphantly seeing the demise of the dementor.

"Okay let's establish some facts...."

What we Know:
Moriae was an innocent wizard (died in the first night)
Luna was an innocent wizard (voted off first day)
Chelemar was an evil death eater (voted off second day)
Sunshinesparkle was an innocent wizard (died in the third night)
Josietta was an evil dementor (died in the third night)

Voting record - gonna red the people we know are evil

MoM votes:

ThatRPGuy - Kythia
Beguile's Mistress - Josietta
Remiel - Kythia
RedPhoenix - Remiel
Aiden - Josietta
Josietta - Beguile's Mistress
Luna - Aiden
Sasha - ThatRPGuy
Starlequin - Josietta
Chelemar - ThatRPGuy
persephone - Beguile's Mistress
James Moriarty - ThatRPGuy
Kendra - Josietta
Niferbelle - Aiden
Mr. Bigglesworth - Josietta
SunShineSparkle - Josietta
MCsc - Beguile's Mistress

Day Twp Votes
Josietta - Remiel
Starlequin - ThatRPGuy
Kythia - Luna
Luna - Aiden
Sasha - Kythia
Chelemar - Remiel
MCsc - Remiel
NIferbellle - Luna
Sunshinesparkle - Kythia
Aiden - Starlequin
Mr Bigglesworth - Aiden
James Moriarty - Luna
Chelemar - Luna
peresphone - Kythia
Remiel - Joseitta
RedPhoenix - Kythia
Kendra - Mr. Bigglesworth
ThatRPGuy - Luna

Day Three Votes
RedPhoenix - Kythia
Beguile's Mistress - Kythia
Chelemar - Kythia
RedPhoenix - Kendra
Mr Bigglesworth - Chelemar
Remiel - Josietta
Josietta - Kythia
ThatRPGuy - Chelemar
Starlequin - ThatRPGuy
Sasha - Kythia
James Moriarty - Chelemar
Starlequin - Chelemar
SunShineSparkle - Chelemar
Aiden - Kendra
Niferbelle - Chelemar
peresephone - Kythia
Kendra - Kythia
MCsc - Kythia
RedPhoenix - Chelemar
Josietta - Chelemar

Here is my take on things so far:

The MoM vote doesn't tell me a whole lot to be honest. I think a lot of it was a popularity contest and the people who are known to play this game got votes which is what one would expect. The only thing significant I will note is that Kendra cast a vote for Josietta that broke the tie with ThatRPGuy.

Day One the bad guys sort of sat back and let us throw votes around blindly to see what happened. Luckily for them we settled on two people, one of which was poor innocent Luna and the other was Kythia. So I think day one the bad guys were pretty much laying low and letting us throw votes around. My vote for Kythia was completely random. I had no idea what I was doing. While a lot of people were casting about blindly, I found it odd that Kendra would put a vote on Mr. Bigglesworth (who had no other votes) so close before deadline. Obviously he wasn't going to be voted off that day so....why do that unless the goal was the appear active without influencing a vote against either of the two leaders, who I think the bad guys both knew to be good guys. What's really weird is that when she cast this vote Luna and Kythia were tied. She could have broken the tie but instead threw her vote away.

Day Two I sort of bluffed to see who would go for Kythia again and the votes piled up really fast. I think the bad guys idea here was to use the #2 choice from day one and hope we'd just go for that and waste the day. Chelemar got some heat and suddenly a lot more people shifted to Kythia. Persephone, Kendra and MCsc all sort of rode in to try to shift the vote with three in quick succession there. Josietta switching her vote was pretty sneaky, but she only did it when Chelemar's fate was sealed and as Josietta was already voting Kythia there was nothing she could do to stop it.

As I pretty much said already I think MCsc is the polyjucie potion guy, his eagerness to be investigated was weird to me. However, I think Kendra is the more obviously evil one here, so that's where my vote is going today. I'm suspicious of persephone and Beguile's Mistress as well. Starlequin, Sasha and Niferbelle are sort of flying under my radar and I'm not sure what to think about them. The rest of you I can't see myself voting for at this point.

Kendra
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

persephone325

Persephone was shocked when the news came that Josi, their MoM, was a Dementor. She felt a mix of emotions, but the more prevalent feeling was anger. They had been deceived.

Sephie stroked Athena's fur while thinking who else could possibly be a traitor. At least she could take some comfort in the fact that she hadn't voted for Josi. Deep down, she had a strange feeling about her. This confirmed her suspicions were right.

Who else could possibly be a traitor? She wondered. Athena purred softly, and Sephie felt herself calm down a bit. If the traitors are all working together, it would make sense that they would vote one of themselves into a position of power... The thought worried her. But if that were true, wouldn't Chelemar have voted for Josi? Sephie frowned, recalling that Chelemar had voted for RPGuy. She sighed and shook her head.

"What a tangled web such deception weaves..." She looked down at Athena and smiled.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Aiden

Aiden was looking a little pale that morning but why one could only guess. His libido ha nearly led him right into the dementor's kiss! Still shaken up over that possible fate he walked in and took a seat trying to make sense of it all as the others began to share their theories.

"So now, not only do we have dark wizards we have a rogue potions expert killing people in their attempt to weed out the dark wizards? What sort of logic is that! Red Phoenix, what were you up to last night?"

RedPhoenix

That seems like a rather personal question!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Mr Bigglesworth

"Perhaps, but I'd like to know too - in the most salacious of ways."

With that, Mr. B. became silent again as he looked each of the wizards in the eyes, wondering who he could trust, and who he could not - while still being tickled at the idea of RedPhoenix' goings on last night...

Remiel

Remiel had no doubt that he would be vindicated.  Surely the wizarding community would see how clever and charming he was.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way....oh.  I guess we don't have to speak in rhyme anymore.  Ahem.

There's something off about Sasha, although I can't put my finger on it."

Starlequin

Starlequin's slimy skin paled to a whiter shade of green as he learned that Chelemar had indeed been counted among their enemies. Fortunate enough that he'd chosen to forego his own flawed instincts and trust in the judgement of more learned wizards. But then to find out that he'd helped to vote a bloody Dementor into the position of Minister of Magic! It was like some sort of twisted nightmare, and he was beginning to think that there was practically no one he could count on in this blasted and befuddled place; certainly he'd recieved no offers of assistance from anyone to help him slip this dratted Animorpheus hex after three whole days, and in truth he was beginning to grow tired of being ignored on the sidelines. Okay, so he was incompetent; so he was inexperienced; so he was probably already a laughingstock among anyone at the Ministry who could so much as spell 'casts', let alone cast spells. He still had feelings, darn it! And if they thought--

"Oi."

Star looked 'round the table in confusion before catching sight of the house elf that seemed to apparate out of nowhere (well, more than likely he'd apparated out of the kitchens) pushing a wheeled cart with all manner of sweets.

"I said, excuse me. Yes, you, the small green fellow in the hat. Would you care for some refreshment?" The house elf asked, gesturing toward the cart. Starlequin's heart practically soared with joy; he'd been noticed! By... well, by a house elf, but that was something, at least; a member of Ministry staff was voluntarily speaking to him! They didn't talk to just anyone, after all! Except for... well, guests, and... tourists, he supposed... and probably wizards who accidentally apparated into the wrong office or took a wrong Floo channel. But it was a start!

The young wizard drew himself up as tall as he could (almost 5"!) and puffed out his throat with dignity. 'I would like a cup of tea, please,' he wanted to say, 'with a spot of lemon and perhaps a pair of cinnamon biscuits.' Except... that wasn't what actually came out. Instead, it sounded rather more like: "Ribbit, ribbit." Which, naturally, only served to momentarily confuse the beleaguered house elf. But just momentarily.

"Right, then. Two chocolate frogs," the elf muttered as he plucked a small pair of paper cartons from a bottom shelf cart, tore open their perforated tops, and placed them in front of Starlequin. The wheels squeaked briefly as the elf continued his rounds, and Starlequin despaired as he watched his last hope for salvation and a relaxing beverage totter off. A loud thump, then another, sounded behind him, and Star turned to see the two animated sweets he'd inadvertantly ordered had wrested themselves free of their papery prisons. Starlequin's first thought was that candy portion sizes these days were dangerously out of control. And from the expressions on their wide, chocolatey faces, they didn't look very friendly. Certainly they didn't appear amenable to being eaten by something smaller than themselves.

"*R-r-ribbit?" ("Can we talk about this?") Starlequin croaked, slowly backing toward the edge of the table. The two hulking frogs advanced on him slowly, violent intentions written in their cocoa colored eyes. "Ribbit. Ribbbiiitttt!" ("Guess not. Geronimoooo!") Star shouted as he turned and leaped off the table to the floor, his tiny butt bumping softly against the thick shag carpet. The choco-frogs landed behind him almost immediately, however, and Starlequin barely managed to jump out of the line of fire as their tongues darted out at him like slingshots.

For anyone who cared to watch, the next several minutes were even more thrilling than usual for the offices of the Ministry of Magic. Starlequin was hounded all over the room by the enchanted treats, leading his pursuers on a desperate chase in search of sanctuary and narrowly evading their brutish tongues. Equally dangerous were the careless footfalls of harried mages; fortunately, the young wizard managed to crush one of his would-be assailants under the careless tapping of a particularly sleek open toed pump. The remaining chocolate frog, now driven by revenge, stepped up its efforts to capture young Starlequin and chased him all the way back across the offices until he spotted his only hope for rescue: the hem of miss Sasha's robes! Star hopped for his life toward the kindly witch's feet and jumped with abandon into the folds of her robe, then climbed his way up the soft fabric and curtained himself away in safety.

After stealing a peek downward at the confected amphibian, now sorely nonplussed at the loss of its target, Starlequin heaved a sigh of relief as he made his way upward along the back of the woman's robes. He desperately hoped he was making the right decision as he tapped one tiny arm against her shoulder, giving a friendly, froggy wave. Assuming the witch reacted in a calmer, more rational manner than Starlequin really had any right to expect, the hexed-off little magus would perch on the nape of the woman's neck and await the arrival of his new suspect: MCsc. Something about the Scotsman's behavior the day before had set his froggy senses tingling, and Starlequin resolved to put a webbed finger on it.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tallies:

Kendra 2
RedPhoenix 1
Sasha 1
MCsc 1

Yet to Vote:

Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, persephone325, Sasha, ThatRPGuy

Yet to Vote for MoM:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, Kendra, Kythia, MCsc, RedPhoenix, Sasha, Starlequin, ThatRPGuy
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Sarena

General Announcement:

Alright, something has come to my attention throughout the course of the day, and I thought it important that I say something now, before we go too much further into the game. 

To be clear, ALL players arrive at the Ministry of Magic at the same time in game.  Basing votes on when someone posted, whether it be first or last is not a valid reason for voting on someone. When a player posts is relevant ONLY to when they are online and available, not their role in the game.  Also, if you are chatting with a player in PM and they are suddenly less communicative than they were before, this is most likely NOT an indication of their guilty or innocence.  It probably just means that they have gotten busy in RL and are not able to be as active.  We are all adults here and we have responsibilities and lives that we all know must come first.  If the person who votes first or last is constantly targeted, then no one wants to be the first person or the last person to cast a vote and the game simply stops.

So, at this time, I am going to ask you, if you have based your Day Four vote on the timing of someone's vote, then either come up with a valid reason for the vote or change your vote. 

Thank you guys!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Sasha

Sasha arrived with her books in tow ....as she was always reading something . Biting her lip as she heard the news ...drawing a tear up into her eyes . Really ....the poor woman . Swallowing as she took a seat ...this was becoming quite scary really and she could feel the fear as it mounted within her . Hard telling what would all happen next .

Crazy some people  are turning on each other ....accusations would fly words that would not ever be able to be taken back . " It was a tinging in the sir ...a great saddness maybe for that which was about to become . The scent of evil lingered in the corners as it was clear now. That those who served the one that could not be named seemed well able to fit in here nicely amoung them .

Obviously , Kythia could not of pulled off such a stunt no ....she was more a trickster. As the name of Kendra come up that raised her brow . Indeed the Lady Kendra could be capable of such things . A more mastermind with Kythia under her wing perhaps . 

Hell her own name had been mentioned ...rolling her eyes at that one . Little off ...like he has any room to talk . Full of himself that one was . Having a right mind of wanting to go over and slap him for insulting her ....who in here wasn't a little off . It wasn't worth it ....as she made her way over to a corner . Sliding down the brick wall as she opened her satchell to find another book to read . Selecting a book on the techniques of gardening .. testing soil samples . She had selected several rare plants to which she was going to be in need of growing . Making little window boxes was the ideal solution ...as she had just a small balcony . Perfect sunlight ....excitment went through her veins . Oh to make something grow again .

Glancing up only to listen to what the others had to say . Which one of them would be stepping up to take over MOM . It was a tough decision . Another spoke of the silent voting to be had ...wondering now if the election waould be tainted .

Mr Bigglesworth

Don't worry Remiel, I'm sure you will be vindicated; a buffoon of a wizard, such as yourself, could not have done these dastardly deeds.  I really don't know who to trust, but it does seem Kendra has been acting a little odd, but it is Sasha who I don't trust...

Niferbelle

"Me? Under the radar? Please," Niferbelle sniffed, fingers toying with her pendant, and glanced at Red. "Do I look like the sort of woman who skulks about? Honestly. No, I've had word the one to watch is Kendra."

Sarena

Impromptu Event:  Back from the Dead

Every single light within the Ministry of Magic goes out in a sudden, strange gust of wind that rushes through the building.  A chill befalls everyone present, wizards and house elves alike.  A feeling of dark gloom settles over the room as a cold scream echoes off of the walls.  The wizards hear someone gasping for breath, fall and then as suddenly as everything started, it was over. 

The lights returned, wizarding robes being blown by the wind settle back into place around the legs of their wearers.  In the middle of the room, the body of RedPhoenix, a simple wizard

No one has time to process this new event just yet, as the door opens and a familiar face walks in looking absolutely confused and unsure of what has happened.  Luna has returned from the dead!

All prior votes to find the guilty party have been reset (please forgive this minor inconvenience), and the gathered wizards must begin anew to find the culprit.  Did someone let a boggart loose within the Ministry?  Or was it another Dementor let in to claim a victim?  Who is responsible for RedPhoenix' death?

Vote! ~ Please remember no votes before this post will be counted, and if you have not yet voted for MoM, please do so!

Kythia

"The beast!"  Kythia screamed, clawing desperately for her wand.  "It has returned.  I told you, I told you all!  Luna is evil, I said it from the start!  Even demonstrated the code!" 

Her hand noticeably shaking she levelled the wand at the evil one "We should have burnt your ashes and buried them in consecrated ground.  Five knives in the body in the shape of the cross, that's the only thing that will keep you from wreaking your havoc on the world, foul spawn of darkness.  Come away, Mr Waddles, come away.

Keep it here" she said with a panicked glance round at the other wizards.  "I'll head to the library at Hogwarts.  Maybe I can find some mention of what its  horcruxes could be.  Keep it here, but don't listen to its words.  They will sound like sense but poison your mind."  She fled in wild abandon, Mr Waddles following her quacking loudly and flapping his wings. 

Behind her, forgotten in the terror of the incredibly evil Luna's return was the voting slip she had prepared earlier, Kendra's name underlined in red.

Sasha

The lights went out in the place ....and that eerie chill rolled over her flesh as goosebumps rose to the surface . This was not good ....could not possibly be a good thing at all . When the lights came back on ....the mist rolled away or maybe she had just envisioned that . But ...but ....there was Luna standing in the flesh . Wait  ...what ....as another one screamed it seemed the Red headed beauty that had proclaimed all the votes lay on the floor now dead . In the others place .

Kythia had a wand in her hand now ...waving it about like a wild woman . Calling her duck a spawn of darkness . Really, that couldn't be right ...no she was talking about Luna . Due to the woman's reaction she couldn't possibly of had a hand in this could she .

Barely able to remember who she voted on last ....then it came back to her . " Yes , Kendra seemed more able .....to ...to...."  letting her sentance drift off . Maybe they should poke Red Phoenix with a stick to see if she was truly dead or something . One thing was certain it didn't seem to matter much where the woman was last night ...question was would she stay where she was now ?  Nothing was ever for certain it seemed .

Looking back over at Luna ....blinking . It was definately time for a drink . Pulling out a flask from the inside of her coat pocket . The lid come off and with tilt back of the head , several gulps of the fine brew was burning its way down . As she gasped for air ...letting out a few coughs to get the lungs working again . Wiping the tears that welled up in her eyes . Not quite sure if she wanted to welcome the woman back or not ....maybe another drink or two was needed . For her brain was having some difficulty keeping up with the events of the day .

Kendra

Kendra was aghast, people she had known or thought she had known were now revealed as evil personified. Who could she trust anymore? As if to make matters worse Red began harping on about lists of names that truly Kendra was curious as to how she knew. How would she know all that information? The mentioning of votes left her speechless, as Kendra had been of the mind that their votes had not been privy for public knowledge. She herself did not know who voted for who and as Red spoke on relaying further lists, Kendra became more certain that this particular person was not all she claimed to be.

"Ah you say you voted randomly for Kythia with no idea what you were doing but felt it odd that I would do likewise. You are not the only one Red who had no idea to vote for and I was not aware there was a deadline to my contemplating on who the culprit could be. I was not voting for Mr. Bigglesworth but rather I was simply voicing my opinion that as I did not know the man he was as likely a candidate as any other."

Kendra patted her overly large hair bun and grimaced. When Red spoke on about further votes.
"What are these votes you speak of woman. No one was voting but we were merely considering who it may be or voicing our opinions. This was never against the law, perhaps in Voldemorts time, is that what you are getting at? That you would prefer to have us all back in those dark days?"

That further detail was given that again made no sense to Kendra, the red haired woman drank her juice from her goblet and listened as Persephone spoke.
"Too true my dear, too true" turning to Aiden as he in turn spoke she nodded her head in silent agreement, his question was not answered and so Mr. Bigglesworth repeated it. Interesting turn of events Kendra mused as Remiel in turn spoke. She glanced to Sasha wondering why on earth he would think it was that lovely woman and then she paused in her own ruminations watching a toad hop on to her gown. About to say something to Sasha about the slimy crawler when lights went out and chaos seemed to occur. Kendra was too terrified to speak, her hand reached for her wand but as the lights came back on she noted that the dangerous weapon she was holding to protect herself was a sugar cane and not her wand.

Looking at Luna she flinched ... was this really happening? Was the girl and inferi now? What had happened to Redphoenix? As if that was not bad enough her name was called again as if she were the culprit. Spluttering her innocence as she dropped the cane, Kendra decided not to tell Sasha about the toad after all and pushing her buxom chest up once more she humphed indignantly,looking to the apparition of Luna before then going to the body on the floor.

"I am not sure what is going on. I can only say that if you believe it is me then you yourself must be the guilty party for only evil itself would seek to blame innocence personified, isn't that right Sasha?"

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth was used to the world turning over on itself, but this?  Luna coming back from the dead, and RedPhoenix, an innocent young wizard taken so suddenly, with no explanation?  He didn't have words, he pointed his wand and glared over at Sasha, saying "As shocking as these events have been - nothing has given me any less suspicion that you are part of this dark evil..."

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tally:

Kendra 3
Sasha 3
Kythia 1
Niferbelle 1
Aiden 1

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Luna, MCsc, Niferbelle, persephone325, Remiel, Starlequin, ThatRPGuy

Yet to Vote for MoM: (please get your PMs in soon!)

Beguile's Mistress, Luna, MCsc, ThatRPGuy

Please note: I would love to close this round out by tonight, if at all possible. 

Niferbelle

To say it was a bit surprising to see Luna back from the dead and Red newly deceased was an understatement and Niferbelle found it quite irritating. She didn't like surprises. She listened to the others, considering Kendra's words, but finding there wasn't enough there to change her vote. "I still say Kendra. I need time to sort all this other mess out."

persephone325

Persephone witnessed the events unfold from her chair with Athena curled up and sleeping soundly. The lights flickered and the room was plunged into darkness.

The Time Turner had been activated.

When the lights came back on, Phoenix was gone and Luna had returned. Immediately, Kythia started freaking out at Luna's return. Inwardly, Persephone rolled her eyes and groaned. If Kythia was innocent, she was doing an absolutely horrible job at showing it. And if she was guilty, she was painting a stupidly big target on her back with all these overly dramatic outbursts.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Starlequin

The enchanted wizard remained perched on Sasha's neck for a few moments after the lights came back, as shocked as everyone else by the sudden passing of one witch and the resurrection of another. The hysterics that seemed to fill the room threatened to throw them all into chaos, but Starlequin was still too stunned to join the panic. Instead, he twisted himself round to catch sight of as many of the others' reactions as possible; later, he might have claimed he was investigating everyone's reactions, but in all honesty he was only looking for another place to hide.

After a few moments' hectic thought, Starlequin decided his new suspect was Niferbelle.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Remiel

Remiel stared blankly as Luna appeared back in the Ministry chambers once more.  "You're not dead? But...I thought..."  Thought what?  Obviously Luna had been alive and well the whole time.  Obviously.  Remiel sat down, rubbing his head.  He wasn't sure why he thought that Luna was dead, but he had.  Cursed Death Eaters, playing tricks on him once again!

"I...still think there's something odd about Sasha," he said, although he was far less sure about Sasha than he had been about Josietta.

Teo Torriatte

Luna blinks, looking around, wondering what was going on. She had a dream that she had been killed, branded a Death Eater, even though she had known she wasn't one. But thankfully  that was just a dream, and now she had to try to figure out who one of the real enemies were.

She had no idea at the moment,  but Aiden seemed like as good a place to look as any.

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tally:

Kendra 3
Sasha 3
Kythia 1
Niferbelle 1
Aiden 1
Remiel 1

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, MCsc, ThatRPGuy

Yet to Vote for MoM: (please get your PMs in soon!)

Beguile's Mistress, MCsc

LAST CALL

Missy