News:

Main Menu

Any fans of Bones...

Started by Devilyn Sydhe, September 26, 2014, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilyn Sydhe

Anyone here a fan of the tv show Bones?  If you saw the first episode of the new season, no spoilers, but do you think this is their last season?  I hadn't read and spoilers so this came as sort of a surprise and I'm wondering if it means they are wrapping things up

Xurtan

Does being a fan of the first three seasons count? I love Kathy Reichs, and her books. But Bones took a dive after the end of S3, and Sweets always got on my nerves. *snort* But I support it in spirit, if nothing else. :P

Inkidu

I'm a fan. The last season was petty good actually. I really want to talk about the new season though but that's a walking spoiler. :|
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lux12

I basically watched it up through last season, but I've since lost interest. I think they should have ended it a while back, but it kept going. I'll probably watch the last episode when they finally do.

Kuje

Yea, I was a fan for the early seasons but when they started to make Bones more religious and the like to give in to Seeley, my interest died. Plus Seeley just kind of acts like an arse towards her a lot of the time and it got on my nerves, again, especially when they kept getting into arguments about religion. He acts like the typical Christian that must convert anyone that disagrees with him, and they let him! Argh.

And don't get me started on the whole she went to Heaven during the epi where she's injured. Of course, people will argue that she only had a near death experience, which is fine. But the way the show hinted at it, she was in Heaven during that epi in season eight.

Inkidu

As far as I can tell he never converted anyone, and I've seen all the episodes of Bones. At most Bones decided not to act like such an asshat around other peoples' beliefs.

It's Seeley by the way. Like the mattress.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sindra

I'm a fan of the show :).  I'm a bit behind on it currently but will be getting myself caught up soon.  Recently, I clicked on a link with a bunches of spoilers in it  :o.  I'm both kicking myself for that and happy as it reminded me why I needed to go back to it.

Kuje

Quote from: Inkidu on September 26, 2014, 08:51:09 PM
As far as I can tell he never converted anyone, and I've seen all the episodes of Bones. At most Bones decided not to act like such an asshat around other peoples' beliefs.

It's Seeley by the way. Like the mattress.

My bad, it's been awhile since I watched it so I forgot how to spell his name. However, he does convert her. They even gave the baby a baptism when she insisted, for the whole episode, that she never wanted that for the kid. He's also taken Bones to mass after badgering her over and over to go. So yes, a lot of the epi's that I last watched had him converting her away from her science beliefs and turning her religious.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kuje on September 26, 2014, 09:32:11 PM
My bad, it's been awhile since I watched it so I forgot how to spell his name. However, he does convert her. They even gave the baby a baptism when she insisted, for the whole episode, that she never wanted that for the kid. He's also taken Bones to mass after badgering her over and over to go. So yes, a lot of the epi's that I last watched had him converting her away from her science beliefs and turning her religious.
Hardly.

Bones had the baptism done because she knew it was important to the father of her child. She hardly converted to the Catholic faith.
Also, the mass thing was Bones realizing that it was her daughter's choice as to whether or not she was religious. Bones knew she had no right to deprive her offspring of that choice.

Bones is still quite staunchly nonreligious. She just doesn't go around stating, insensitively, that it's nothing but silly superstition.

Kuje

Quote from: Inkidu on September 26, 2014, 09:41:59 PM
Hardly.

Bones had the baptism done because she knew it was important to the father of her child. She hardly converted to the Catholic faith.
Also, the mass thing was Bones realizing that it was her daughter's choice as to whether or not she was religious. Bones knew she had no right to deprive her offspring of that choice.

Bones is still quite staunchly nonreligious. She just doesn't go around stating, insensitively, that it's nothing but silly superstition.

Uh huh. Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. Seeley's annoying attitude towards her to get her more religious drove me crazy, that's all I'm saying. She converted more than enough over the epi's that it became annoying and only because he badgered her over and over about it. Hells, he even started to get her to pray, even if it wasn't to God, during the epi when the dog died. There's more things like that that went on. So yes, as I said, Seeley just started to drive me crazy because he became the typical I must convert someone type of Christian/Catholic.