Modern day organized crime

Started by undisclosedtoyou, May 29, 2010, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: playfullchick76 on June 01, 2010, 11:13:54 AM
I would be interested in being a part of this. Perhaps as a stripper or waitress, but not there willingly. What appeals to me would be where I witnessed something that I shouldnt, was snatched before I could tell the authorities. Instead of being killed, those in charge saw the potential in me to be a top earner at the club as a skimpy waitress or stripper there.

If that works, if not, its ok.

Hey Play, I like your idea, but Aiden's right.  With the way we set the game, and his character up, it would be unlikely that he would have any hits out just yet.  But it might be interesting if your girl had a connection to Bambi, maybe they worked together in a London Strip club at some point.

Aidens idea is awesome to, it would be interesting to have a spy in their operations.

Fe, liked the update :)

Darkkkkk, very nice!  And Shi is right!  Having a couple of burly Russians around will be more than fun!  And Bambi will love poking at them!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Game should be starting soon, could go for some more people. Game is starting in Hollywood/LA, if you want to toss ideas visit the OOC and we can all help you talk plots.

undisclosedtoyou

The Game Has Started Up!
Even so, we are still very much looking forward to more players joining in with us to have a good time!  So if your interested in joining, than please do so, because we would love to have you!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on June 03, 2010, 11:57:26 AM
First few post are up

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=70883.0

not to late to get in on  the fun.

Aiden is right!  We are still welcoming more players into this game!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

sleepingferret

Hmm....sounds interesting.  And I may have a few ideas, but I have a few questions.

Do all characters that are (or let's say I have an idea for a character that wants to try to get the "bosses" attention to become a member of) a member of this "family", need to be immigrants?  Or could say for my given example, could I play the role of perhaps what wouldn't necessarily qualify as FBI Most Wanted material or even starting out mob material.... but someone who has maybe been around the criminal scene a bit?  Maybe even an ex-cop or an retired soldier that's given in to the "bottle" and the seedier side rather than deal with his demons of what he's had to do to get the job done and put bad guys down in his "former" life.

If you're looking for immigrants, any particular country you'd like to see characters from?  And just how established is this little organization going to be at the start?  I believe you said it wasn't going to be the "shining star" or anything, but is this something we're going to have to create from complete scratch or are all members of the "family" beginning as at least a unified group of sorts...however conflicting some personalities may be or may develop initially unless the "Don" or unless the group themselves learn to put aside "minor" differences aside to accomplish their overall goal of becoming the next great mafia.

*ponders* I think that's about all my inquires for the moment, if I think of any more I'll add to my list.

undisclosedtoyou

Welcome to our game wanted thread SleepingFerret! -Cracks knuckles- If I don't answer a question to your satisfaction feel free to tell me so I can maybe try to answer it better.

QuoteDo all characters that are...trying to join the family...need to be immigrants?

Well, not really they don't need to.  I wanted a more diversified group of characters, so I put immigrant down hoping that we'd get a bunch of characters from different backgrounds.  If you wish to play an American I am completely fine with this.

[That being said, I won't accept an influx of nothing but American characters.  Once we've gotten enough(which will be decided by me or the rest of the players) than no more will be allowed.  Non-family characters can be whatever they like.]

Quotecould I play the role of perhaps what wouldn't necessarily qualify as FBI Most Wanted material or even starting out mob material.... but someone who has maybe been around the criminal scene a bit?  Maybe even an ex-cop or an retired soldier that's given in to the "bottle" and the seedier side rather than deal with his demons of what he's had to do to get the job done and put bad guys down in his "former" life.

You may play a character like this, I don't even mind if he had a lot of experience in the criminal underbelly, as long as he's messed up enough to be considered an outcast.  A former cop/FBI/soldier, who drinks himself into giving in and joining in with organized crime, can be considered this.  Some members of the family might not trust him not to be working with the police, but he would still be welcome.

Quote[Is there] any particular country you'd like to see characters from?

I don't have a preference with where a character originated from, as long as I don't have a million(exaggerated) character's from the same country.

Quotehow established is this little organization going to be at the start?

We decided that the start of the game would be after they have more or less formed, but before they have actually achieved anything of importance.  We haven't progressed too far, so if you want to take a glance at the Valhalla thread you can read everyone's intro post's that gives an idea of where we're at in the setting.

Everyone does have odd and sometimes explosive personalities, but we haven't gotten far enough into the IC thread to find out if any of them clash.  Although our two Russians do seem to be set up to conflict with each other.-grins-

And oh by all means, post all the questions you may need/like to know.  It would be great if you joined us, we would love to have you.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

sleepingferret

*wanders off to ponder more* Let me do some character writing and thinking over the weekend and I'll get back with you then.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: sleepingferret on June 05, 2010, 09:59:43 PM
*wanders off to ponder more* Let me do some character writing and thinking over the weekend and I'll get back with you then.

Kk, have a good pondering lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

HotCurryPie

hey Dark Clown I actually have a char that I intended to be a Russian mafia doll, if you would be interested, she could either be related or someone from your past that is connected to you.  I also have a char that is Italian mafia so I can do both or one of them!

Aiden

Post up your characters Hcp, the game is still very new and we are open to players right now.

You can play one or both if you wish, just make sure you clarify who is who when posting. All the available spots are on the first page but if you have something unique to go into the story feel free to include it.

HotCurryPie

Name Here: Elena Petrova

Orientation: heterosexual
Talents: pick pocket, drug dealing, prostitution
Defects/failures/weaknesses: Big bad boys with big bad guns, and vodka
Specialty/Position in the family: mafia doll
Weapon of choice: Jericho 941 .40 caliber
Physical Description: Only fill this out if you also want to add a written description.
Personality: Fiesty, cunning, and violent
Outside Perspective: People would see Elena as a woman who takes no bullshit, and backs up her promises to cut a bitch up.
History:
Elena was born to a exotic dancer that had a weakness for men with money and a career criminal father, who was out of prison at the time, but was back in by the time she was born.  Fortunately for Elena she inherited her mother's looks, and didn't resemble her father, all he was to her was a name on her birth certificate.  Her mother though lost her job as a dancer with a new baby she became desperate and began prostituting herself to make money.  This brought her under the awareness of a local Russian gang that saw her and given her looks made her one of their girls.  With the protection of the gang, such as it was Elena grew up surrounded by the violent members of the gang.  It was no wonder that she too would learn the ways of this lifestyle, being small and nimble she was picking pockets from the time she could walk, being an attractive girl, she used her body and looks to lull her targets with her "assets" and they wouldn't even be aware of being fliched.  She knew how to handle knives and guns expertly for her own protection and when she wanted to make more money she had no problem having sex to get it, to her she would do whatever had to be done to get the money.  It was around this time that she would also meet a rising star in the Russian Bratva by the name of Yuri Petrov, a common enough name, she didn't see it as something to worry about being the same as her own Petrova, and once she saw him she knew she wanted him.  Being a girl that often went for what she wanted, she put herself in his line of sight, she knew he liked the fast and easy woman, and she dressed and acted exactly the part, and the two were soon lovers.  Or rather she was the girl Yuri came to when he wanted and likewise for her.  When Yuri went to prison, Elena knew that she could be targeted as well, and with money she had saved...she is smart after all, she would set up an escape to America.  Once there she fell in easily with the local Russian Mafia in LA, and has been doing much the same that she had done in Russia except this time, she owns her own club that caters to the mafia with girls and drugs.

Name Here: Daria Falconi

Orientation: Heterosexual
Talents: Public Relations/Events Planner
Defects/failures/weaknesses: Wealth and privilege, she likes having money and spending it.
Specialty/Position in the family: Her brother Nick is in charge of the Falconi Family Business, she isn't part of the business just the Family
Weapon of choice: no weapons
Physical Description: Only fill this out if you also want to add a written description.
Personality:
Outside Perspective: How do others preconceive your character?
History:
Daria was born in wealth and privilege in Chicago, the Italian neighborhood was full of family and everyone knew everyone.  Daria took it for granted as a child that her father often had meetings with her "uncles" late at night or after dinner.  That his office was off limits to her and Nicky her older brother, but she was pampered and spoiled and everything was right in her world until she was 13.  That day she found out her world wasn't as magical as she had thought.  Her brother Nicky had just graduated college, and at 23 a man that suddenly found himself responsible for a teenager.  Her parents had been killed in a car bomb that had been set by one of the rival families.  Nicky found himself the new leader and acclimated himself well to the role, but he wanted Daria to be safe, and kept her out of the business and Daria was fine with that, as long as she kept her nose clean, and did well in school Nicky catered to her whims.  She found she had a knack with planning events and putting on a positive spin to everything.  This got her to be her High School President and Homecoming Queen.  This got her in her top choice university, her first choice sorority, and so forth. Moving out to the west coast where all the beautiful and rich people liked to be seen she has landed a job with one of Los Angelos's most elite PR firms, working with many celebrities there, and getting her own exposure to some of the paparazzi.  Meanwhile in Chicago Nicky is eyeing the west coast as well for Business purposes.

Aiden

Curry,
This game takes place on the west coast and it is only a "mob" story as the organized families are targeting this "lesser" group.

Check out the game thread posted on the first post, if you can make it work knowing that we are all located in the City of Angels keep your characters as they are or change them.

HotCurryPie

Fixed! Sorry I thought I had seen New York as one of the cities...my bad.

undisclosedtoyou

Oooooh I can definitely see Elena stepping on Bambi's toes lmao.  But I like it! 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

The character list is all updated and pretty!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's