Destiny::Apocalypse (interest check: Closed)

Started by RaeynahsRose, January 19, 2012, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaeynahsRose

Destiny::Apocalypse

As the blood of Abel soaked into the ground, God's wrath was kindled. How could one of His beloved creatures create such destruction, especially of their own flesh and blood? God saw the flaws in man, He saw the road this would lead down for their race and He knew what He had to do. From the dirt upon which Abel was murdered God made a General to rule four horsemen and from the blood that was spilled God created the powers those horsemen would harness. These four horsemen were to rule over man, to put the human race in check and to make them realize there were consequences for their sins.

The General took these powers of death, famine, pestilence and war and harnessed them into four separate rings: Peridot for Death, black diamond for Famine, white opal for Pestilence and ruby for War. These rings were kept by the General until the four who were perfect for the job were found, once wearing the rings these four individuals were given immortality as they were to be around for the length of time “cleaning up” the human race as needed. Over time the four horsemen grew drunk with power, dangerous and harsh – even with the General always looming over them they soon forgot the General’s power and purpose, to make sure they did their job and properly steered the Destiny of the world.

The General brought down wrath upon the four insubordinate horsemen, taking their rings and re-forging them into twin rings – two deaths, two pestilence, two war and two famine. The General returned a ring to each of his four horsemen and as he did so he informed them that they were no longer God’s Jury, now they will become mentors to a new generation of horsemen. This new generation however will not be immortal as they are, they were to harness the power for fifty years before being stripped of their rings and a new group would be sought out. The General found this to be an easier way to control the horsemen and there was less chance for them to become out of control.

Now the year is 2012 and the Mentors are on the hunt again for a new set of horsemen. This set, however, would impact the world in a way that no other had before – this set was to bring the Apocalypse to Earth. They were to reset history and destroy all that God had created so He could rebuild and reconstruct a species He felt would be superior and, thus, more worthy of His love. There was one problem with this; there were some who did not agree with this destiny for mankind as they felt that humans were perfect with their flaws and that they deserved a final chance. These protectors of man will go to the greatest lengths to keep mankind alive, no length is too far – how far will they go to stop the horsemen? How far will they defy God?

Hi, I’m Rae and this is my first attempt at a Group story as the GM. First off I would like to let everyone know I have several twists and turns already planned for the story that will happen when I see fit. I will also like to let everyone know that even though there is an OOC thread I will be talking to Mentors and Horsemen on a separate level through PMs as there are things one group needs to know that the other doesn’t and vice versa (I am doing this to try and eliminate unintentional metagaming). I’d also like encourage everyone to ask me questions oocly if you have them, don’t hesitate or feel nervous and I will do my best to answer them. Now for the rules regarding general posting and interaction with the other writers::

• Post a minimum of 3-4 decent and literate paragraphs a post. In order to create a dynamic and interesting story, I think that people need to be able to give their writing partners sufficient detail, insight, and action to move the story forward, and I just can't see that happening in less than 3-4 paragraphs
  • Please keep in contact with the group in the OOC chat, make friends OOCly as well – the best writing partners are those who like each other OOCly even if your character hates your partner’s ICly
  • Be respectful of each other
  • Let us know of any absences as soon as you can, we all understand real life comes into play and you might not be able to get to E to inform us right away
  • Be patient of your fellow writers, not everyone can post 6 posts a day and everyone gets a visit from their writers block now and again
  • Do not post so much with one particular partner that others get lost – there will be a posting order to help prevent this unless ooc permission is given to skip them
  • Have fun! Throw in twists (though I do ask if it is something very drastic please speak with me oocly in PMs on the matter so that I am aware as I do have a vision of where I want this RP to end up)

Now that the nitty and gritty is over with here are a few rules for character creation::

• The General is famous for changing forms whether it be female or male, tall or short, pudgy or thin – after all living since the dawn of man tends to get boring taking on only one form
  • The Horsemen and Mentors can be either gender that you wish: Male or Female though I will hope to make it an even 4 woman and 4 men no matter how it is split.
  • Keep in mind that if you choose to play horsemen you are still essentially human, you can die and you still have human emotions.
  • Mentors are more powerful then the horsemen as they were the first to come into power.
  • The Mentors also are able to control their specific horseman though their powers are limited and banned from effecting humans

::Character Availability::

::The General:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::Mentors::

::Death:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::Pestilence:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::War:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::Famine:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::Horsemen::

::Death:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::Pestilence:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::War:: Available // Reserved // Taken

::Famine:: Available //Reserved // Taken

There is a character sheet I would like each and everyone to fill out and send to me in PM so that I can review them and decide if I feel that you would make a great fit for this RP, thanks!

:: Character Sheet ::

Name::
Mentor/Horsemen::
Height::
Weight::
Accent::
Personality::
Biography::
Likes (ex. Puppies, sports, home cooked food etc.)::
Dislikes (ex. Sharks, confrontation, horror movies etc.)::
Picture::

The following Images are the rings given to your horsemen and Mentor just to give you a visual (I tried to make them as unisex as possible therefore you may wear it on any finger you wish – ex. A guy wearing war’s ring on his thumb will make it more masculine where a female wearing it on her ring finger is more feminine)::

::Death::

::Famine::

::Pestilence::

::War::

::OOC::

Xanthaine

Colour me interested, though I'll have to get back to you, since my network is being stupid... anyway, if I get it working I like the sound of being the mentor for Death. :3 Hope to get back to you soon, if I don't post by Monday presume my network finally gave up the ghost. <3

DomShark

Interest, I need to reread the premise before I do a bio, but I'll try to submit something by tonight.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Breathless Intent

Wherever Rae leads, I follow! Already have the Pestilence character taken. :)

RaeynahsRose

Quote from: DomShark on January 19, 2012, 05:15:04 PM
Interest, I need to reread the premise before I do a bio, but I'll try to submit something by tonight.

Yay Dom! <3 That makes me excited

Quote from: Breathless Intent on January 19, 2012, 05:19:23 PM
Wherever Rae leads, I follow! Already have the Pestilence character taken. :)

*claps* I just enjoy sucking you into my lairs of writing .... like ... I've glued you to me because well .... you're my B ... and I must have you glued to me

Breathless Intent

Quote from: RaeynahsRose on January 19, 2012, 05:22:58 PM
Yay Dom! <3 That makes me excited

Me too!

Quote from: RaeynahsRose on January 19, 2012, 05:22:58 PM*claps* I just enjoy sucking you into my lairs of writing .... like ... I've glued you to me because well .... you're my B ... and I must have you glued to me

*giggles and hugs Rae super duper tight* I'm well and truly glued to you, my dear. Someone's gotta keep me in line and you're just the right lady for the job *wink*

Reia

I am very interested. I think I'll be doing a profile for either Death or War. Great set up, btw, love it. :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

RaeynahsRose

Quote from: Reia on January 19, 2012, 08:13:57 PM
I am very interested. I think I'll be doing a profile for either Death or War. Great set up, btw, love it. :)

I look forward to recieving your character sheet Reia =)

DomShark

...Nothing to see here.

Reia

Sent in my profile :) Which, we're supposed to PM, right?
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RaeynahsRose

Dom I'm gonna give you a swift kick in the arse for posting it and not PMing it to me when I bolded in the rules to PM me your profiles LMFAO ....

but ... I also have to say I'm not one for blondes and I'm drooling over your character ....

... oh ... and welcome to the game I like the character!

Quote from: Reia on January 20, 2012, 06:33:53 PM
Sent in my profile :) Which, we're supposed to PM, right?

Yes Reia ... 10 points to you!

Reia

[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RaeynahsRose

Reia

[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Breathless Intent

Quote from: RaeynahsRose on January 20, 2012, 06:35:09 PM
but ... I also have to say I'm not one for blondes and I'm drooling over your character ....

me too!! Well, I like blondes just fine, but that picture is...Whew! Smokin' hot ;)

RaeynahsRose

Updated!!!!!

Currently searching for 2 more females and 2 more males !!!!!

Jubilee

Hi,

I'd be very interested, and I'd like to be a horseman of war. It's pretty late where I am, so if it's ok, can I reserve that character and develop it tomorrow? I don't think I'd do it justice at the moment :d

Jubilee.

RaeynahsRose

I sent you a PM jubilee =D

Also for everyone else there is an OOC thread, if you go to my first post at the bottom you'll see the link for the OOC thread, feel free to post in there if you have questions or comments or want to introduce yourself to eachother while we're waiting to start the game - also there will be posted short mini bios of each character so you know who is playing who

DomShark

Quote from: RaeynahsRose on January 20, 2012, 06:35:09 PM
Dom I'm gonna give you a swift kick in the arse for posting it and not PMing it to me when I bolded in the rules to PM me your profiles LMFAO ....

... oh ... and welcome to the game I like the character!

I don't know what you're talking about.  :-P

Xanthaine

Well it seems my internet is safe just now, am I still okay to join this? Sorry about that, I wasn't sure about it all. :3 I hope to have a profile in by the end of the day, if not tomorrow.

RaeynahsRose

Quote from: DomShark on January 20, 2012, 09:18:28 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.  :-P

come hang out with me and B and Reia in the OOC chat!

RaeynahsRose

Looking for at least one more horsemen to start the roleplay ICly while waiting on the final few characters

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

This sounds like good fun, especially with so many of my favourite writers involved. Normally I'd be calling shotgun on Death but since my darling Breathless is playing Pestilence I'll try and take the last mentor if I can. I should have a character sheet ready to PM you later on tonight.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Breathless Intent

Ooh Rissa!!! *clings and swirls her around* Yay!! I hope you get to be my guy's mentor! He'll be good (or bad) I promise!! ;D

RaeynahsRose

Always Happy to have you on board sweety!!!

On that note ... an update ....

Still looking for at least one more of the horsemen before starting the RP

We still need 2 males to join and another female

Also I will be speaking with the Mentors tonight in PM away from Horsemens prying eyes *looks at B playfully and sticks out her tongue*