'Fantasie' is open. [Brothel, Character Progression, Testing!]

Started by aya, October 02, 2013, 02:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Grimm

Curious how encounters play out. Is it one action per turn? Also do they enter clothed or is it up to our preferences?
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

aya

You play it out like a free form encounter, but you have a limited post count before time is up. You start clothed, but it doesn't mean you can't unclothe and start doing other stuff in the same post.

LeSane

I have a feeling Salandria has O-resist and Rough as her traits. If so I have to think.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

aya

You'll have to find out!
Also, LH, are you sticking with having both resist traits? If so, you have to let me know which you're activating for the encounter.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: aya on October 12, 2013, 07:15:41 PM
You'll have to find out!
Also, LH, are you sticking with having both resist traits? If so, you have to let me know which you're activating for the encounter.

Oh so I have to pick and lock it in before the encounter begins rather then activate it and lock it in during the encounter? Alright I was thinking of keeping O-Resist and saving the 5 FP.

aya

Yeah, it's more of a thing you do before hand. You are of course, free to only keep 1 resist and save FP as well. Keep in mind that not all encounters are meant to be easy the first time, which is why I also obscured traits. Some of the fun is figuring out the best way to beat them! As an example, if you deduce the trait a girl has based on PP generation numbers, you may choose to take a different set of abilities next time around. Hopefully you guys are nice and share your findings/thoughts with one another :)

One other thing: there maybe hidden 'bonuses' and things you can do during the encounter that earn you extra FP, or maybe even SP. If you find it, you'll get a PM from me with extra rewards. Feel free to share the info with others, or not  >:)

Laughing Hyena

Mister Grimm

I have a feeling I already know both of Salandria traits and Chihaya's.

But the hidden rewards seem interesting. Wonder how many times it'll take to discover them haha.
Do you know who I am?

aya

Replay value! There will be certain hints to them, shouldn't be that many tries necessary  O:)

I think I tried to make the traits a bit obvious, but with the limited amount to choose from it's not too bad to figure it out from the PP counts. In harder encounters I might start putting in 'encounter-only' traits to make it harder :P

Mister Grimm

I actually read the posts first and saw the traits haha. And confirmed with the PP. XD

Encounter only traits seem fun. Would those be things only the girls have?

Also for the resist skills, is V-resist the only one that gets double PP? Or does someone with o-resist get double from anal and vaginal? Likewise with a-resist getting vaginal and oral
Do you know who I am?

Laughing Hyena

Im amazed there is no resistance for touch attacks. Those magic fingers shall be deadly.

aya

Encounter-only traits would be only for the girls, yes. More like my little secret to make them more interesting, I promise they will always be static and I won't change them to make your lives hard. That way you'll be able to maybe form a strategy (these sorts of actions work, but not others), but you won't be able to pinpoint the exact trait without some experimentation.

V-resist is the only one with 2 weaknesses, since it is also the one that will probably be activated more. Unless you are particularly forceful, erm, not many girls will let you invade their other parts right away.

There is no touch resist at the moment, since I was a little wary of what could be classified under touch. Also, for balancing, then I'd have to add in like, breast resistance, and (insert body part) resistance, so I kept it this way for now.

Laughing Hyena

Makes some degree of sense. I can see how that would get difficult.

aya

Also, as a side note, the game is in full swing! I'm having a lot of fun with it, hope you guys are too. If you are interested in the bonuses, I will give a slight hint and say that the Chihaya encounter has 2!

Dirigible

As an avid tabletop RPGer, rules mechanic and pervert, the intersection of gaming and smut is of interest to me. I have a question about your rules, if you don't mind, Aya...

The maximum starting Stamina is 4, so that's a maximum of 7 posts. Each post generates 1 pleasure point for each partner, by default. However, each character has a PP capacity of 15 (though Chihaya seems to have less)... so as it stands, it's impossible for either partner to achieve climax in the available time?

Mister Grimm

Haha yeah. I'm having fun too, while my mind is busy dissecting posts for ideas.
How much are we allowed to move the girls? I have an action I want Lucas to perform, but not sure about it.

Its possible with the right traits to have her climax, since the player coming is considered a loss.
Do you know who I am?

aya

@Dirigible, PP is generated each post (both your character's and the girl's), so even with 5 posts only, no traits:
1 PP generated for each (Girl's post).
1 PP generated for each (Guy's post). (4 posts remaining)
1 PP generated for each (Guy's post). (3 posts remaining)
1 PP generated for each (Guy's post). (2 posts remaining)
1 PP generated for each (Guy's post). (1 post remaining)
1 PP generated for each (Guy's post). (Time over)

For a grand total of 10 PP each. Of course you have traits and uneven PP generation if you're the only one giving pleasure. Chihaya is an 'easy' mode partially due to lower PP max and an alternative way to win (you just have to have less PP), if you can't make her climax. To hit a 15 PP max, you need some help from traits and possibly some insight on what traits the girl may posses as well. (Or just some good old fashioned leveling via the easier encounter). I'm trying my best to keep an eye on balance, so if a discipline is truly unable to win on par with others, it may be buffed.

@Grimm, you're free to move them as you like, however, in the following post the girl might flip the situation around and move positions (unless you have the overpower trait).

Dirigible

Quote from: Mister Grimm on October 12, 2013, 09:52:15 PM
Its possible with the right traits to have her climax, since the player coming is considered a loss.
Well, which traits? You've got 10 points to acquire them.

Wild seems to give +STA PP to both parties, so that could definitely induce orgasm in both within the available time.

Rough would let you generate 2 PP per post on your partner, but even if you had that and STA 4 (which you can't afford to start with), that's only 14 PP. Not enough to win.

O or A Resist would let you engage in Oral or Anal and receive no PP, but you still couldn't make your partner hit 15.

Gifted Tongue could let you generate a whopping 4 PP per post for 4 posts on your partner while receiving 2PP a round.

So with the rules as they stand, Aya, there's only one possible way to win, and only on a target without O-Resist, a Gifted Tongue of their own or something else.

Mister Grimm

The girls also have traits which can slow down or speed up PP. So if you find a girl that gets 2 pp per turn from anal, you could potentially finish quick. And 4 Sta is possible to start since you have 6 points and three skills. 1 str, 4 sta and 1 skill.
Do you know who I am?

aya

I'm not sure if I'm thinking about it wrong, but how the system should work as I described in my last post is that bottom line: the amount of PP generated for your opponent over the course of the encounter (assuming you pleasure her every post) is (3+STA)x2. Theoretically, with 4 STA, you can already generate 14 PP without traits. 3 STA gives you 12 PP, and 2 gives you 10.

With the lowest value of 1 STA, you can still generate 8/15 PP just from the base amount. With a trait or exploiting weaknesses (figuring out what traits the girl possesses), you can possibly make up for 7 PP, especially if your other 'offensive' stats are higher in value.

Dirigible

Quote from: aya on October 12, 2013, 09:58:45 PM
@Dirigible, PP is generated each post (both your character's and the girl's), so even with 5 posts only, no traits:

Okay, that does make a difference (though still impossible to reach 15 PP with a starting character, barring traits). Does that mean that the character writing the post determines their partner's actions during that post?

e.g., Guy is having a scene with Girl. In Guy's post, does Guy get to move around Girl as he pleases (and she get to move him in her post)? Because it seems you'd be wise to move your partner into a position where you pleasure them but they don't pleasure you in your post, so you inflict PP without gaining any... and then they'd do the opposite to you.

QuoteThe girls also have traits which can slow down or speed up PP. So if you find a girl that gets 2 pp per turn from anal, you could potentially finish quick. And 4 Sta is possible to start since you have 6 points and three skills. 1 str, 4 sta and 1 skill.
I know that. What I said was you can't have enough STR to generate 2 PP a round AND STA 4 with a starting character.

aya

Yes, at the moment it is impossible to hit 15 PP barring traits, but that's why the encounter is more difficult. Traits are definitely necessary if you're trying to tackle the medium encounter with a starting character.

At the moment, encounters are set up to be like that: sort of a back-and-forth struggle between both people trying to gain advantage over the other. Sort of like, sex meets wrestling. That's a reason why overpower is quite strong, since it ensures you're in an advantageous position for your post, and your opponent's subsequent post.

You bring up a good point with the fact that the best strategy is to constantly just try to pleasure your opponent without being pleasured yourself. That hasn't happened yet, but it would make the encounters a lot less interesting, so a possibility is limiting the amount of 'one-sided' PP generating posts per encounter. Everything is somewhat up in the air at the moment as I'm still testing, so you'll have to forgive me with any system flaws. I'll try to fix any problems as best I can.

Dirigible

QuoteYou bring up a good point with the fact that the best strategy is to constantly just try to pleasure your opponent without being pleasured yourself. That hasn't happened yet, but it would make the encounters a lot less interesting, so a possibility is limiting the amount of 'one-sided' PP generating posts per encounter. Everything is somewhat up in the air at the moment as I'm still testing, so you'll have to forgive me with any system flaws. I'll try to fix any problems as best I can.

No worries, I'm just trying to help. Feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm not being useful. :)

The 'alternating pleasure' problem could be solved if each round was composed of both characters taking an action (two posts), instead of a round as one character taking an action and dictating the partner's action. Although that would lead to weird situations if you interpretted them as occuring simultaneously... like if Guy tried to initiate anal with his post, and Girl tried to go for oral... would she end up bent like a pretzel? So you might have to interpret them as sequential.

aya

I appreciate it! It's important that any flaws are pointed out before they're a problem, to save the hassle of going back and fixing it after the fact. The idea of making them in rounds instead of posts is interesting.. but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it too. I think they'd have to be sequential, as you mentioned, but that doesn't really solve the problem. Guy goes for fingering, but the girl tries to stop him and give him a handjob. That can then happen back and forth making for some very uninteresting sex. A limit on one sided generation would help, but not an elegant solution I admit.

This was a problem I ran into when initially creating the game, thinking: it seems chaotic if both players always try to change positions each post. I toyed with the idea of rules that prevent constant flip flopping, or stat checks like (STR > your opponent's), or dice, but none of them seemed appealing. I especially didn't want to implement more hard system like rules like stat checks or dice (which require constant checking and/or waiting for confirmation from your partner/system), and keep the encounters freeform with a system running in the background.

Long answer short: I'll work on it. At the moment, the challenge seems to be getting the girl to climax, not preventing your own. So the fact that you can't always prevent PP generation against you is a secondary worry.