News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Demon the Fallen - At the River's Bend

Started by Pumpkin Seeds, August 30, 2013, 12:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Let the band play on because what else was there to do?

Across the backdrop of sweltering heat and debauchery the sounds of a band playing could be heard to lift above the dim noise.  Several bands in fact made their ensemble of music heard, each sound of different origin and discipline lofted upward with creative enthusiasm to join the others.  Musical debauchery some might call the sound.  The birthplace of jazz, the home to a musical genre conceived from chaos and owing to the vast potential of human creativity this city was no stranger to the wall of sound cast from darkened alleyways and smoke filled rooms.  No stranger at all to the press of bodies that shouted with abandon and sadness for the band to play on, for the music to never stop and the night to never end. 

Somewhere else the blue lights of the law flashed over ancient walls.  Plaster once white but now stained with dirt and blood reflected back the pure blue with a menacing glare.  As if the city herself resisted the intrusion of the uniformed men, as if the spirit of the city gave its warning growl that something darker and crueler than them had left this mark on her body.  A light drizzle began to fall but nobody cared.  Rain was always close at hand, water a constant presence to a people born of the swampy coast.  Cobblestone streets let the water wash down to mix with blood so that thin red lines wafted along the way of the street.  A body lay sprawled out as the source of this mystery and of this red river.  Gathered around the police department began to run their yellow tape and squawk their warning cries.  Like crows readying for the feast the police made their mark and sectioned off their place on the street.  To the corner a man retched his last meal of shrimp and grits with colorful flourish.  The blood would flow a long time after from this body.

Only one pair of eyes looked on the scene with any greater understanding.  A soul whose lifetime spanned the ancient and the modern, that looked on this scene as anything more than gruesome murder.  Carefully those eyes traced the lines of blood on the wall, deciphered the context of words not seen on this world since the time of legends.  Knowledge was a weapon then and continued to be so now, but so few had the knowledge to wield.  Only one set of those eyes stood inside the barrier, but beyond more eyes were drawn to the mystical meanings.  Here in this city of God and sin, standing on the hallowed ground of saints and martyrs; shoulder to shoulder with tarot readers and evangelists would come others with the same knowledge.

Across the distance the band continued to play.  Was there anything else to do but play?  Had there ever been anything else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the Crescent City, the city of New Orleans.  My intention is to build a Demon the Fallen game constructed with elements of the city and a touch of Noir.  Investigation, mystery and the occult are all important factors in the upcoming adventures.  The characters will take the role of detectives inside the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) and those set out to help the police department as informants, psychics and the like.  These particular detectives will be part of an occult unit that operates in secret among the police department, taking cases from multiple divisions that are either impossible to solve with conventional means or show more than just a taste of the occult.  Needless to say this unit is kept out of the public eye and typically off public record.

For this game I’d like to have at least 3-4 players.  I might be willing to go higher if the interest is high enough and I see some strong concepts.  Standard character creation rules apply and the player’s guide is fine to use.  Posting rate will be rather slow since I am a busy girl after all.  If things pick up that is fine, but don’t expect this to be a sprint for the finish. 

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

meikle

I have a Slayer in mind for this thing

The best Slayer

Ghost-talking Luciferan Slayer yes
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Lady Lunarius

Oh heaven's why do you torture me.... <3
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Muse

Whoo-hoo! 

Game thread's up, and what an amazing cast! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Is this using the new Demon rules that Onyx Path released the quickstart for?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Josietta

I think she's just doing basic oWoD Demon the Fallen rules.   I sent her a character sheet and a blank one to peruse.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

HairyHeretic

Ah, ok. I saw the quickstart rules come up on one of my feeds, so I thought this might be that. I'm not really familiar with the Demon line.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Josietta

Me either but it looks intriguing enough to do some reading on! And I totally think you should play ;P

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Josietta

I PM'd my sheet to her. I am looking at playing this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:   Nadiya Rousseau   
Player:   Josi
Nature:   Fanatic
Demeanor: Visionary
Concept:    Research Expert
House:   Annunaki
Faction:  Malefactor
Chronicle: New Orleans      
Visage:   Antu
Eminence: 2
Court Status: None
Celestial Name:  Vesperia

Appearance

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 128lbs

Mortal Form:

She appears to be an above average looking female. She tends to wear clothing that is more comfortable and with purpose rather than fashionable and flattering. Most people see her as a girl next door type as she tends to look much like a student or a librarian most days.

Apocalyptic Form:   

She takes on a very subtle Visage that looks quite human in daylight; The evening reveals deep lines that form patterns on their form. Antu can move their bodies and hands quickly, have an unerring sense of direction, and extremely sharp senses. When consumed by their Torment, Antu become erratic and physically unstable, with echoing voices, fluctuating proportions and a blurred outline. They also tend to pull those around them into states of confusion and uncertainty.   

(*snips numbers and such out*)

I don't have a picture yet. >.<

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

HairyHeretic

Want to give me a quick summary of what Demon is? I know the basics of most of the WoD lines, but pretty much nothing about that one.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Josietta

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 30, 2013, 04:50:31 PM
Want to give me a quick summary of what Demon is? I know the basics of most of the WoD lines, but pretty much nothing about that one.

Summary

In Demon: the Fallen, players assume the role of the rebel Elohim, angels who defied their Creator for love of humanity, and for their rebellion were cast into the Abyss, a prison hidden deep in the lands of the dead. Over the millennia, the Elohim have been twisted by their pain, anguish and suffering, manifest in the form of their Torment, becoming little better than demons in truth.
Now, as a great storm rages across the kingdoms of the dead, cracks have appeared in the walls of the Abyss, cracks small enough to allow the smallest and weakest of the Fallen to escape. Fighting both the force of the storm and the pull of the Abyss, they have made their way back to the material realm.

The only way they can remain there, however, is by taking a host - preferably a mortal whose soul was weakened enough to allow the Fallen to gain a foothold. The mortal soul is either thrown out into the storm, or is buried deep inside their own body, leaving the Fallen dominant.

The process of possession exposes the Elohim to the mortal's memories. In the majority of cases, this has no effect. A minority of Elohim, however, discover a deep-seated streak of humanity in their hosts, be it love, courage, ambition, curiosity, or even rage - something strong enough to shock them out of their Torment, to remind them of the angel they once were, even if only for a moment.

These human memories and emotions act as a bulwark against Torment, shutting out the memories of the Abyss, restoring the Elohim to some semblance of sanity.

PCs start out as one of this minority, given a second chance by the memories of their mortal host. What they will make of it, however, is another story...

Source

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

Sorry, yes I intend to use the oWoD rules.  I have not seen the new Demon, but the old style certainly fit the Noir style I wanted. 

Ixy

I love film noir, I love New Orleans, and I love supernatural horror.  I will offer a draft of a concept and hunt down the rulebook as soon as I'm able, and hope to be considered.

Jaded

I'd be interested if there is still room (and I can find my book).  Not sure on a concept yet.

Lady Lunarius

Researching and working on a Devourer >.> Detective Devourer
LaLu's Delicious treats!

meikle

So I put together a thing and sent it to Pumpkin Seeds, but here is the summary for public perusal:

Nehamael, God's Peace, is a Slayer in possession of Joy Saint-Pierre, a woman in her mid-twenties who enjoyed a passing interest in occultism and worked as a medium for the superstitious.  Nehamael has found more success in the medium business; unlike Joy, she actually can speak to the dead.

Joy doesn't work for the police department, does work with them as an outside consultant.  The special interests division often finds that having a medium that doesn't seem to be bullshitting can be very useful in their line of work.

Nehamael is a very severe person, and her attitude and demeanor sometimes make people uncomfortable.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Kythia

Oh my god me!  Me me me!  *jumps up and down waving hand in the air*  Pick me!  Please!

I mean, errr, *pulls self together* this looks kinda interesting, I guess.  Is there any room in this?

Jaded

I am leaning towards Aizea, the Razor Wind.  Lieutenant of the Crimson Legion and ardent supporter of Lucifer since the start.  A warrior renowned and feared for her fanatical defence of humans. 

She has come to possess Catherine Darois, an over-zealous beat cop (now Detective) who attempted to go up against a criminal kingpin.  Who was shot in the back of the head in a rain-soaked alley by a hitman.  She got better.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Jaded on August 31, 2013, 08:28:36 PM
I am leaning towards Aizea, the Razor Wind.  Lieutenant of the Crimson Legion and ardent supporter of Lucifer since the start.  A warrior renowned and feared for her fanatical defence of humans. 

She has come to possess Catherine Darois, an over-zealous beat cop (now Detective) who attempted to go up against a criminal kingpin.  Who was shot in the back of the head in a rain-soaked alley by a hitman.  She got better.

Tis merely a flesh wound!!!
"But you gots no brains...see its on the pavement"
"No its not"
"Yes it is right there"
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Pumpkin Seeds

People are still welcome to submit concepts and discuss the formation of this investigative team.  There is still room for people to submit characters.  There does seem to be a healthy bit of interest, but as I said there is the availability of the group being bigger than normally anticipated.

Kythia

Arathel the Fiend - a committed Faustian - took possession of Dr Alison McClane, Assistant Coroner in New Orleans as the latter slipped into unconscious in her bathtub with slit wrists - up not across.  Her husband had left her due to the amount of time she spent at work, taking the kids with him.  Her mother had supported the decision, his mother had always hated her.  The department didn't know how to support her, she'd never had close friends there and people used to joke not-quite-behind-her-back-enough about her being cold-hearted and emotionless.

Pumpkin Seeds

Sounds like a compelling character Kythia, I look forward to seeing her development.

Jaded, I of course am interested to see what you come up with since we seem to share such close ideas of fun and story!

Kythia

Cool.  I'll PM you a sheet in the fullness of time.