News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Ye Olde Fantasy RPG (with a twist)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, June 15, 2010, 09:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

The Basics: This is an adventure set in a custom world roughly analogous to Greyhawk.  The world it takes place in is both lovely and lethal.  It can captivate with ineffable beauty, and kill with cold dispatch.  Romance, treasures, monsters, glory and doom await!  Or, so you'd like to think.  There is no set mission or objective.  You decide what you want to do and where you want to go.  Or at least what you want to try and do and where you would like to go.  Wanting is one thing, getting is something else.

Sounds like a typical fantasy RPG, doesn't it?  Well, there's a twist: I'm designing this world for evil  >:) characters to adventure in.  You could call it an anti-adventure.  So if you want to play an ogre or orc that preys on human women, or the leader of a band of cut-throats, or some other wicked monster, now is your chance.  A world is yours to plunder!  But beware...Good will fight back!

As far as monster types, I'm fairly open.  My only caveat is that your monster/baddie be anthropomorphic, and not be too overpowered.  It doesn't have to be like a first-level D&D character, but no higher-level demons that can throw ten-dice fireballs out of their fingertips, or illithids that can fry the brains of a whole legion of soldiers, or vampires, or drow elves.  You can have a couple ranks in Badass if you want, but no more than three or so.  We want to have room for your creature to grow, after all...

Examples of baddies eligible for this game include (but are certainly not limited to):

A journeyman orc warrior: a skilled though not epic fighter, seeking to rise in power by accreting battle experience, treasure and slaves.

A cutthroat pirate who finds himself stranded, and decides to continue going rogue, preying on villagers and caravans.

An ogre who comes out of the woods when he finds a new family of humans has carved out a homestead too near his abode.

An incubus who is loosed into the material plane...weak and in need of sustenance to grow stronger and more powerful.

A gargoyle whose underground abode has been disturbed by miners, and who decides to exact revenge.

This being Elliquiy, of course there's a sexual aspect to this...in all likelihood, one of your creature's goals is going to be to impregnate some of the local womenfolk...and their sisters and mothers as well.  Maybe aunts and grandmothers, too, if you're really spoiling for trouble and randy.  You've got to have some fun on your way to being an Evil Overlord, after all.  Most of the females will be played by Yours Truly, though if you want to apply to play a female, you're welcome to do so.

I'm going to use a minimalist, behind-the-counter system for this game.  What will happen when there is a contested action is that I'll calculate the odds of success and throw dice.  As your character progresses, he or she will get "buffs" that give bonuses to a chance to succeed.  For an example, say your character wants to shoot an arrow into a guard.  The range is 75', the guard is wearing leather armor, so the base chance of success is 60%.  However, your character has some history with the bow, so he gets a 10% bonus.  There are no tables or anything to consult...I just wing it on a case-by-case basis.  Makes things simpler.

Interested?  Just reply in this thread.

Ironwolf85

if this takes off sure.
I recently played a minotaur that went good, and eventually became a divinity, replacing Heronius.
maybe his oppisate number exists in this one.
simmilar backstory, diffrent ending.
he opposed human sacrifice among his tribe, falling in love with his human attendent. when their tryst was discovered he was exiled, and she dissapeared. as he made his way towards civilization, he was captured by orcs and used as slave labor.
whereas the good version was rescued by adventurers, joined them, and saved the world.
this version was never rescued, he became bitter, resentful, and eventually broke loose using magic and killing a good numer of orcs.
Zaratim's prayers were not answered by any deity, good or evil. as such he's bitter and resentful towards the world, he's a broken soul who could've become a divine champion.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 15, 2010, 10:32:41 PM
if this takes off sure.
I recently played a minotaur that went good, and eventually became a divinity, replacing Heronius.
maybe his oppisate number exists in this one.
simmilar backstory, diffrent ending.
he opposed human sacrifice among his tribe, falling in love with his human attendent. when their tryst was discovered he was exiled, and she dissapeared. as he made his way towards civilization, he was captured by orcs and used as slave labor.
whereas the good version was rescued by adventurers, joined them, and saved the world.
this version was never rescued, he became bitter, resentful, and eventually broke loose using magic and killing a good numer of orcs.
Zaratim's prayers were not answered by any deity, good or evil. as such he's bitter and resentful towards the world, he's a broken soul who could've become a divine champion.

Has potential...we can flesh him out a bit if you like, maybe settle on some purposes and objectives he has so I can tailor some adventures for him.

Ironwolf85

hmmm... let's start out with survival first.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

TheGerbilyOne

Definitely Something I am interested in. I think i would go for a Male Drow Assasin. Having escaped to the world above just because it puts women in their proper place.

He would be Patriarchal and a Cold Blooded Killer, but opposed to shedding blood unnecessarily.

Krayz

I'll keep my eyes on this; never boring to play an evil wizard of some kind. I finally finished Dragonlance Chronicles, so I've got Raistlin on the brain, lol.

Darkpoet

I'm interested. Has been a while since I've played in a D&D-esque game so I don't have any characters ready yet, but I'll get the dust off my old manuals and see if something jumps out at me.

Cythieus

I might be interested in tossing my hat in this one, it depends on how its going to turn out though. Never played a monster game though I would likely end up on the more human looking side of the monsters still.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 15, 2010, 11:36:55 PM
hmmm... let's start out with survival first.

Fair enough...we'll flesh out the character over the next day or so.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: TheGerbilyOne on June 16, 2010, 12:03:00 AM
Definitely Something I am interested in. I think i would go for a Male Drow Assasin. Having escaped to the world above just because it puts women in their proper place.

He would be Patriarchal and a Cold Blooded Killer, but opposed to shedding blood unnecessarily.

Hmm...originally I wasn't going to allow Drow, just because they're powerful and cliche...but thinking about it, I guess a first or second-level Drow isn't inordinately powerful compared to some of the other beasties I mentioned, so...

Go ahead and write him up and we'll work it out.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Krayz on June 16, 2010, 12:25:57 AM
I'll keep my eyes on this; never boring to play an evil wizard of some kind. I finally finished Dragonlance Chronicles, so I've got Raistlin on the brain, lol.

Evil wizards are always fun.  He'd probably start off at lower levels...but plenty of room for growth...

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Darkpoet on June 16, 2010, 12:37:28 AM
I'm interested. Has been a while since I've played in a D&D-esque game so I don't have any characters ready yet, but I'll get the dust off my old manuals and see if something jumps out at me.

Sure.  I'm pretty flexible.  Pretty much any of the humanoid races are fair game.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on June 16, 2010, 12:50:52 AM
I might be interested in tossing my hat in this one, it depends on how its going to turn out though. Never played a monster game though I would likely end up on the more human looking side of the monsters still.

Cool.  You've got orcs, ogres, trolls...those are pretty human-like.  Gnolls and goblins and lizard-men are a bit further away, but still anthropomorphic.

Tackyhillbilly

I'm thinking the stereotypical dumb Ogre.

Kate

i really have an obsession with changing people in perverted ways (bodily) as well as hermaphrodite characters.

could i be a demoness or some twisted succubus or something with this obession ?

TheGerbilyOne

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 16, 2010, 01:05:19 AM
Hmm...originally I wasn't going to allow Drow, just because they're powerful and cliche...but thinking about it, I guess a first or second-level Drow isn't inordinately powerful compared to some of the other beasties I mentioned, so...

Go ahead and write him up and we'll work it out.

If you don't wish to have drow I am perfectly okay with it. I just see a sort of "Male Supremacist" coming out of Drow culture to be interesting. He would of course take great pride in showing Female Warriors that they have no place on the battlefield.

vonnetaire

This sounds fun as hell, I gotsta think of something I'd want to play. Also, I've never once done any kind of D&D game, so I may need some brush up on some of the basics? What kind of demons are there in this system? Could I even kind of just make something up that sounds cool?
If we do not exert the right of eating our neighbor, it is because we have other means of making good cheer.- Candide, Voltaire

The first soap was made from the ashes of heroes, like the first monkey shot into space. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.- Fight Club, Palahniuk

EmptyEternity

Oh jubilations! I've been looking for an evil campaign for quite some time now.

A human blackguard. Selfish, ambitious, cruel, vengeful. I've been looking for an excuse to play one for a while now.

Muse

Oooh, oooh, ooh!  Do you have room for another? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

I could be very up for playing a foul Orc Barbarian or some such.....

Elven Sex Goddess

I'm interested it,  though in offering to play a victim(s)  for the various  baddies being assembled.    A fair maiden, or a bar wench to a farm girl.   

That can be captured, enslaved and all the good things of being used passed around and impregnated.   

Using commoner,  expert or  even aristocrat to create the victim. 

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on June 16, 2010, 04:07:34 AM
I'm thinking the stereotypical dumb Ogre.

That would definitely be a good fit...he gets tired of humans encroaching on his land...so he has his own rather twisted and perverse version of "Get off my lawn!"

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: vonnetaire on June 16, 2010, 07:43:24 AM
This sounds fun as hell, I gotsta think of something I'd want to play. Also, I've never once done any kind of D&D game, so I may need some brush up on some of the basics? What kind of demons are there in this system? Could I even kind of just make something up that sounds cool?

I'm using D&D as a loose template for this, so don't feel like whatever beastie you'd like to play has to conform to the classical D&D bestiary.  If you wanted to play a minor demon, that would be fine.  We just have to come up with a rationale for him being on the material plane.  Summoning by an amateur magess, perhaps...

Ironwolf85

Zariam Steelhorn, for background and goals... he worked his way up to forgemaster while enslaved. now that he's loose upon the world his first reaction will be to execise those freedoms and indulge himself on the first town he comes across.
for overall goals, he's not going to be sacking churches or anything, Zariam is not sure what he wants, and it's that aimlessness that causes him to wander like he does and get into trouble, and be easy to minupliate.
in his heart there's just a blankness where divine love should have been.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 16, 2010, 10:47:34 AM
I'm interested it,  though in offering to play a victim(s)  for the various  baddies being assembled.    A fair maiden, or a bar wench to a farm girl.   

That can be captured, enslaved and all the good things of being used passed around and impregnated.   

Using commoner,  expert or  even aristocrat to create the victim.

All of those would work quite well.  Let's see what monsters arise, and we can definitely get your character created and up into the action.

Amberghylles

Well, if there's still room I'd be interested in joining in on the fun as well.

Will we be roaming more or less independently but with potential cross-over since it's the same world?  I've got a couple of ideas that might work well as the brains half of the classic brains and brawn duo.  I could also go solo as a smarter/sneakier monster out to prove that bigger is not always better... 

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Amberghylles on June 16, 2010, 12:05:11 PM
Well, if there's still room I'd be interested in joining in on the fun as well.

Will we be roaming more or less independently but with potential cross-over since it's the same world?  I've got a couple of ideas that might work well as the brains half of the classic brains and brawn duo.  I could also go solo as a smarter/sneakier monster out to prove that bigger is not always better...

That sounds like it definitely has potential.  Do elaborate...

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Kate on June 16, 2010, 06:50:42 AM
i really have an obsession with changing people in perverted ways (bodily) as well as hermaphrodite characters.

could i be a demoness or some twisted succubus or something with this obession ?

Hmm...do elaborate...

Darkpoet

So, I've done some digging, and found an old fascination of mine, the voidmind(template from MMIII). They are a little on the powerful side (Level adj. +3). Still, the character idea I had in mind was that he experienced something traumatic, like the process of becoming a voidmind, and that left him a little crazy....so if it's too powerful of a concept, it can always be worked that something went wrong with turning him and it left him with only some of the abilities they have. And since it's not purely D&D lore anyway, we could just modify the template on a whim. The base creature would either be an elf or a human, haven't decided yet. I mainly want it so I can finally play a character with a sentient tentacle made of ectoplasm that sometimes sprouts from his head...

As far as character motivations, I was thinking the character is an explorer of experience, regardless of whether the experiences are pain or pleasure. Before becoming a voidmind, he was perfectly happy exploring those things himself...but after he changed, he decided that he needed to gift everyone else by showing them what truly living is like.

Maybe cleric or sorcerer for class? I'm still not done fleshing out the whole idea so I've been pondering which would fit the idea better.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: EmptyEternity on June 16, 2010, 08:36:20 AM
Oh jubilations! I've been looking for an evil campaign for quite some time now.

A human blackguard. Selfish, ambitious, cruel, vengeful. I've been looking for an excuse to play one for a while now.

That would work.  So a mercenary then, who's basically turned to the dark side and not giving a fuck if they have cookies or not?

I'd probably give him +10% to actions involving physical strength, +5% to actions involving use of a weapon, and +15% to actions involving the use of two specific weapons of his choice.

EmptyEternity

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 16, 2010, 01:38:41 PM
That would work.  So a mercenary then, who's basically turned to the dark side and not giving a fuck if they have cookies or not?

I'd probably give him +10% to actions involving physical strength, +5% to actions involving use of a weapon, and +15% to actions involving the use of two specific weapons of his choice.

Not quite, a blackguard is quite simply a fallen paladin. A paladin that has turned is back on truth and justice and gone over to the proverbial 'dark side'. This is what I intended to play.

Just to clarify that unless of course you already knew and were making adjustments for the setting. That is fine too.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: EmptyEternity on June 16, 2010, 04:34:45 PM
Not quite, a blackguard is quite simply a fallen paladin. A paladin that has turned is back on truth and justice and gone over to the proverbial 'dark side'. This is what I intended to play.

Just to clarify that unless of course you already knew and were making adjustments for the setting. That is fine too.

Interesting.

My take on paladins is that they are militants fighting on behalf of a deity.  Sort of like the various orders of knights for the Christian God, and jihadists in the case of Islam. 

OldSchoolGamer

I like the ideas submitted so far...so that we can get some organization going here, I'm gonna ask y'all to fill out the basic character sheet below:

Player Name:
Character Name:
Character Species:
Physical Description (should include height):
Special Abilities (be reasonable  :D ):
List three Skills (blacksmithing, gambling, agriculture, tracking, brewing, survival, etc.):
Character Background (include the MOST EVIL thing your character has ever done):

Tackyhillbilly

Player Name: Tackyhillbilly
Character Name: Grugg
Character Species: Ogre

Grugg is an Ogre. Standing at 10 feet, he's nearly 600 pounds of muscle, sinew, and fat. His skin is coarse and calloused, providing him all the protection he needs. The only piece of clothing he wears is a loincloth, and a bandolier. His weapon of choice is a gigantic Metal Rod, likely part of something that he tore free. No one really asks him where he go it. Most people just get 'smooshed' by it. His other 'weapon of choice' is proportioned to his body size, and is far more terrifying then his Club.

Special Abilities (be reasonable   ): Smoosh'n stuffs, crush'n stuffs, eat'n stuffs

List three Skills (blacksmithing, gambling, agriculture, tracking, brewing, survival, etc.): Survival (Ogres can eat literally anything), Tracking (he has a remarkably good sense of smell), Jumping (The Ogre is much more agile then you would expect.)

Character Background (include the MOST EVIL thing your character has ever done):

Grugg's momma try to et him when he born. All Ogre momma's do. But Grugg strong, stronger then brothers and sisters. He fight back. Grugg momma decide he live. He strong. Grugg momma keep him around for a year, then try to et him again. Grugg smoosh her. She first Grugg smoosh. Grugg like smoosh'n stuff. Grugg take momma's home, cook momma and et her. Grugg et bugs, worms, whatever he find, till the Humies come. Humies taste muc bettah then bugs. Grugg start eting Humies. They good. Then one day, Grillcook tell Grugg about female Humies. They no come into forest, but they much more fun then male humies. Grugg try to catch and eat Grillcook, but Grillcook to fast for him. Grugg attack Humie house that night. He kill male Humies, take them to et. He take females for fun. When they break, he et them to. Grugg do that two, three time, and then Humies start leaving. Grugg broke last female Humie, and then decided to follow. He not want go back to eting bugs. He like having fun wit da female humies.

Evil Act: Killing and Eating his mother, kidnapping entire families, killing and eating the male members, and raping the female ones till he gets bored or they die, and then eating them.

EmptyEternity

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 16, 2010, 05:34:30 PM
Interesting.

My take on paladins is that they are militants fighting on behalf of a deity.  Sort of like the various orders of knights for the Christian God, and jihadists in the case of Islam.

Hm, so no god given power such as 'divine magic'?

TheGerbilyOne

Player Name: TheGerbilyOne
Character Name: Sharyln Melndar (Commonly Known as Shar)
Character Species: Drow
Physical Description (should include height): Lithe Build, 5' tall, White Hair and Blood Red Eyes.
Special Abilities (be reasonable ): Minor Magical Abilities, Cloak of Invisibility.
List three Skills (blacksmithing, gambling, agriculture, tracking, brewing, survival, etc.): Crafting Poisons, Stealth, Knifeplay

Character Background (include the MOST EVIL thing your character has ever done):  Shar grew up in the depths of the Underdark. His own House was conquered soon after his birth and he grew up as a Slave to the Matron, the defacto leader of the city. While most Drow Males learn subservience quickly, Shar was stubborn, and in fact was never truly cowed by any of the Housemembers. He learned to read, and then, about poisons.  Poisons fascinated Shar. They were the great equalizer of his world. Certainly the Drow women could weild all the blades they wished, but a small pinprick and the right concoction and they would be helpless before even a "lowly" Slave like him.  He became obsessed with the idea of Poisoning the Matron, of showing her HIS power. His attempts met with failure, for the Matron was no fool, and had both her food and water tested before she ate or drank it. With his revenge frustrated, Shar conceived another plan. If he could not destroy the Matron as a person, he would destroy her as a position. The poisoning of the Cities water supply took time, and effort, but Shar was more than willing to wait. When the day finally did come, and the city erupted into chaos, Shar would walk out the Gates a free man, stopping only to give the dying guards a swift kick.  Since coming to the Surface, Shar has sold his talents as a Assasin, specializing in bringing down his targets one way or another, he takes special interest in Female Warriors or Leaders, often ensuring they are shown "Male Superiority" before their death. While he usually does not kill outside of being paid for it, Shar is more than happy to show a uppity bar maid, or adventurer how little it all their skill matters when a paralytic poison is in their veins.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: EmptyEternity on June 17, 2010, 09:24:51 AM
Hm, so no god given power such as 'divine magic'?

Varies, based on the deity the paladin worships.  There's no "one size fits all" holy warrior.  But we could certainly come up with an evil deity (or even greater demon) that your character worships.

Primarch

Player Name: Primarch
Character Name: Krok-Ur
Character Species: Orc

Krok is rather typical in appearance for an Orc, if perhaps slightly larger then your stock, standing at six five and weighting two hundred and fifty pounds. His black hair is held back in thick, real Orcish dreads. Around his neck he wears a variety of bone necklaces, shamanic charms and the odd extra piece for good luck. He's usually seen adorned in good leathers taken from the toughest skinned creatures that wander the forests, one arm is covered in plate armour, lucky scavenging after a group jump on a lonely knight.   

Special Abilities: +2 Flaming Burst Greataxe, throwing things with excellent precision (his throwing axes in particular)
List three Skills: Tracking, Survival & Handle Animal
Character Background: Krok-Ur is an Orc Barbarian of the Zor Tribe, although most of his life has been rather unimpressive in Orc standards, just the usual, although he was the best bare knuckle boxer in his Tribe (his tribe is quite well known for their boxing). Two years ago however, he came into the ownership of a particularly impressive Axe, which makes fire when he hits someone real proper like. He used to chop off the Chieftain's head in one nice swing, before "inheriting" the Tribe, as it would be.

Since then, Krok has believed in a system of building up the Tribe, building an Ork empire on the backs of hard working slaves. He doesn't really mind where the slaves come from, Elves.....Dwarves....Humans. So logn as the men can lift and craft, and the women learn their place as baby makers. He became particularly famous (or rather infamous) after an event that would become known as The Rape of Gallia. Gallia was a nice little Human Hamlet, known for its particular good wood exports, its lumberjacks were the best in the area. Krok and his boys moved in to take the business so to speak, but at the last minute decided to pillage and burn the whole Hamlet, while going on a three day rape fest of the town's womenfolk (rape of both the ritual and regular variety).

Ironwolf85

Player Name: Ironwolf85
Character Name: Zariam Steelhorn
Character Species: Minotaur
Physical Description: a large black minotaur with white horns, and red mazelike tattoos.
Special Abilities: Superhuman strengh and endurance, can use minor magics with forge, a minotaur always knows which way is north.
List three Skills: blacksmithing, military training (IE: can train others), Theology
Character Background: former temple guard, Zariam came out against slavery of other races, even taking a his human servant as a lover. He was discovered and exiled. on his way to civilization he was captured by orcs, and forced into the very thing he railed on against. when he called out for Aid, no deity answered, and so he was used as construction labor, then mining, and finally put to the forges before breaking loose.
Steelhorn slaughtered everyone in his path to escape, and is now free, loose on the countryside, and completely aimless.
he has no idea where to go next

OldSchoolGamer

Okay there li'l campers...here's what we've got here thus far:

Ironwolf85: Zariam Steelhorn.  A newly liberated black minotaur, ex slave, now aimlessly wandering the countryside.  +15% to tasks involving endurance, 35% chance weapons forged are +5% to hit.

Primarch:
Krok-Ur.  An orc with a couple slots devoted to Badass.  In urgent need of a dentist.  +10% in brawling, +15% in use of his axe as a melee or hurled weapon, +10% in persuasion/leadership.

TheGerbilyOne: Sharyln Melndar.  A fugitive drow elf.  +10% to weapons use, +15% in use of knives, base 75% chance to successfully create an average poison.  -10% to any demanding task attempted in direct sunlight.

Tackyhillbilly: Grugg.  A BIG, dumb, horny ogre.  -25% to any task involving intelligence or reasoning.  +35% to any task involving strength.  +10% to use of club.  +25% to movement rate, able to jump 1x own height.

Everyone else, please fill out the charsheet so I've got a better idea of who/what I'm dealing with.  Need any help, ya know where to find me...

NotoriusBEN

well~ my old standby of oorrrRRRCCC! has been taken so...

maybe a very suave sorceror? like David Bowie, the Goblin King

Primarch

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 17, 2010, 07:27:20 PM
Primarch: Krok-Ur.  An orc with a couple slots devoted to Badass.  In urgent need of a dentist.  +10% in brawling, +15% in use of his axe as a melee or hurled weapon, +10% in persuasion/leadership.

Spot on what I was hoping for! Can't wait to start this!

Darkpoet

Player Name: Darkpoet
Character Name: Vinas Rayne
Character Species: Elf
Physical Description (should include height):  5 ft tall, long black hair, green eyes, 130 lbs. 120 years old
Special Abilities (be reasonable   ): Basic Divine Magic, proficient with spiked chains
List three Skills (blacksmithing, gambling, agriculture, tracking, brewing, survival, etc.):  Bluff, diplomacy, and disguise

All elves in the small elven city of Palanhiril sing praise for the moon from early on in their lives. The distant lady, for which the city was named, watches over them, a guardian for when the shadows threaten to overtake the land, and the sun is not there to light the way.  Vinas Rayne was born in the evening, within the citadel of the moon; a honor given to all children born during the moon’s reign.  Vinas’ birth was special because that particular evening was a full moon, and all children born under the light of the full moon within the city of Palanhiril are said to be blessed by their Distant Lady, destined to become clerics in Her name.

Vinas heard a calling one night in the woods, but it was not the much sought calling of his people. After suffering a broken ankle, Her whisper spoke to him of reveling in the pain, and then reveling again in the relief from it. This mysterious voice came with healing, allowing him to return. She did not speak to him much after that, only the faintest of urgings every now and then, but Vinas made a prayer to the mysterious voice every night, and slowly discovered she had bestowed him with the power of magic. He kept a record of all his prayers, and of all his divine communication, as well as all the wounds and injuries he suffered. He thought of them as marks of his faith for Her.  Unlike his kin, he never heard the voice of the Distant Lady, and believed she forsake him from his birth.

It was not until the eve of his 115th birthday, when he would become an adult, that his patron gave him more than simple whispers. He had lived through his adolescence, pretending that he heard the sighing trees at night, and the gentle urgings of the city’s Goddess. He had developed healing magic as he had been expected to, allowing him to disguise the source of his power. Allia, Vinas’ mother discovered his journal, and confronted him on it. She told him that this would only lead him to darkness, that his substituted patron was evil. That night, she spoke to him, telling him that they would cast him away if he did not turn away from Her. Vinas loathed the idea…the loneliness he would feel without her. She told him how to escape so that the elven trackers would not be able to hunt him. He needed to distract his kin…do something that would attract the city’s attention so that he could slip away.

He chose midnight, at the very moment he became an adult, he began his own exile. Luckily, he was to be preparing for the night of revelry and celebration that accompanied the venture into adulthood. He was expected to meditate, while the rest of the elves prepared a feast in his honor, where he would have been welcomed as a cleric of the Distant Lady. He gathered torches, and chose three buildings to maximize his effect, two houses, and the city’s largest temple, where much of the town was gathering. That night was the first time he could hear the trees, the grass, even the smallest flowers…but they offered no soothing whispers to him. No, they were screaming.

Vinas has spent the rest of the time as a traveller, trying to put as much distance between he and his home as possible.  When he comes through cities or towns, he often keeps his elven features disguised, in case any of his kin coming looking for him.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 07:51:26 PM
well~ my old standby of oorrrRRRCCC! has been taken so...

maybe a very suave sorceror? like David Bowie, the Goblin King

Well, we could have more than one orc.  They'll likely br running in separate threads...or you could join forces with the existing orc (assuming the player of said orc greenlights this).

Zelric Miras

I'm interested in this roleplay, would a warlock be okay?

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Leorobin on June 17, 2010, 09:44:58 PM
I'm interested in this roleplay, would a warlock be okay?

Like the one Julian Sands played?   ;)

Sure, tell me more...

Zelric Miras

I am not familiar with the movie but after an overview of the plot I'm getting to like the guy. I do believe it is quite an appropiate characterization.

I see him as a a ruthless and cruel sadistic being, sometimes even scraping into cruel humor. His aim in life is making others suffer, enjoying mostly the psychological pain than the physical, but preferring the latter since it takes less time and effort. He is a careful planner and never does anything without thnking it throughly.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Leorobin on June 17, 2010, 10:07:08 PM
I am not familiar with the movie but after an overview of the plot I'm getting to like the guy. I do believe it is quite an appropiate characterization.

I see him as a a ruthless and cruel sadistic being, sometimes even scraping into cruel humor. His aim in life is making others suffer, enjoying mostly the psychological pain than the physical, but preferring the latter since it takes less time and effort. He is a careful planner and never does anything without thnking it throughly.

Sounds like there's definitely potential there.  might even include an option for him to time-travel to present-day Earth like in the movie.

Zelric Miras

Quite a promising development indeed. Should I post said warlock?

Elven Sex Goddess

I will have something up tomorrow evening.   

Amberghylles

Player Name: Amberghylles

Character Name: Jacabiel

Character Species: Outcast Unseelie Goblin

Physical Description (should include height):  Jacabiel is a wiry being about four feet tall if he stands fully stretched and usually about three and half while hunched and crouched.

Special Abilities (be reasonable  :D ):  Glamour Trickery (minor illusionary transformation of something to something similar), Glamour Concealment (magic makes him harder to spot or even invisible while hiding), Fae-crafted weapons (His sword and bow are magically crafted fae weapons.  The blade is light but razor sharp and the bow is stronger than it's size.) 

List three Skills (blacksmithing, gambling, agriculture, tracking, brewing, survival, etc.): Archery, skulking, setting traps

Character Background (include the MOST EVIL thing your character has ever done):  Jacabiel is a goblin, one of the lower castes of fae to begin with.  Like most of his ilk, he's aggressive and violent.  And like any fairy, he's fond of merry-making and mischief.  At one time, he was a scout for the courts tasked with guarding the fae lands by watching those humans that lived near.  A restless creature by nature, Jacabiel could not resist using his powers to play tricks or stealing into homes to steal. 

Unfortunately, his sense of fun grew more violent over time and his pranks less and less harmless.  Eventually the injuries and humiliations provoked the townsfolk too much and they set fire to the woods to try and drive the fairies away.  The fae escaped, but the inconvenience of it angered the others and Jacabiel was left behind and exiled.  Unable to find his way back, he remained in the village.  Bitter and angry, his 'games' took on a darker and deadlier twist.  Glamouring lye to seem like tea... spiking flour with crushed glass... and setting traps for the townsfolk or even stealing into a house to slit throats in the night and take women in their own beds.  As he grew bolder, he even resorted to attacking the humans directly, though always either at range with his bow or in a single lightning strike from hiding.  By the time it was ended, the town was empty, everyone that had lived there murdered or driven away.

Jacabiel or Jack (a pseudonym used almost interchangeably by many rogue fae) remains outcast.  His laughter has turned maniacal and his 'fun' remains cruel and dark.  His goal is amuse himself at the expense of others and spread chaos.  But he's also fond strong drink and course merriment will refrain from his more dangerous games if he's made welcome and and offered food and alcohol.

EmptyEternity

Player Name: EmptyEternity
Character Name: Kazaric the Fallen
Character Species: Human(?)
Physical Description:

Forgive me if my report of the blasphemer’s physical qualities is lacking, my lord. What little information I could garner comes from the few of monastery's surviving priests, trainers and staff. They described him, unarmored of course, as a six foot two, two hundred and five pound giant bristling with muscle that towered over his fellow knights. His eyes were pure green color and his hair was a deep black mane that was cut at the shoulders. He had no facial hair to speak of but his face, from what I was able to squeeze out of some of the more 'juvenile' serving girls, was quite handsome, with a chiseled chin, jaw line and cheekbones resting just above the nostrils.

Special Abilities: The blasphemer carries with him a evil blade enchanted with foul magics that, according to the local sage, is called Kal'norc, the Blade Profane (+3 Unholy Power Bastard Sword). The fallen one has also shown a startling proficiency in the dark arts. While nowhere near comparable to the skill and ability of a true warlock, this power should not be underestimated (Lesser spellcasting).

Skills: The fallen one has displayed great proficiency in mounted combat (Riding), surviving wounds that would kill lesser men (Endurance) and, according to survivors, emanates a palpable air of authority (Leadership).

Character Background: As per your request my liege, I shall be brief. Kazaric was one of the finest knights the church had under its employ, and a hero to the people. Until recently, my investigation his ritualistic slaughter of half the monastery and defloweration of every female in residence proved incapable of answering the most important question; why? Two days ago however, I was browsing through the archives of what was left of the monastery's library and I came across a large tome that was apparently saved from the fire. It was an account of a recent heretical purge that took place no more than a few months ago. I would have passed it off as a mere curiosity if I had not seen the Blasphemer’s name among the list of knights chosen to escort the local clerics to the heretics’ place of worship. When I inquired about this expedition to the monastery’s priests and was surprised to learn that of the twelve Knights and six clerics that were dispatched to deal with the heresy only the Blasphemer returned, half-dead, with a strange marking on his chest, muttering incoherently about “her will” and “the sacrifice is incomplete”, and carrying a strange sword. He was put to bed and lay static for three days until waking, under the light of the full moon, grabbing his newfound blade and with a strength that the surviving priests can only describe as ‘demonic’ embarked on a rampage of slaughter, rape, and destruction. Butchering every priest and fellow knight he came across and using their blood to paint demonic sigils and ritual circles within the main chapel. After herding the surviving Sisters and serving girls into his makeshift ritual circle, he proceeded to violently rape and impregnate each one of them, causing them to give premature birth to demonic creatures that soon turned and devoured their mothers.

There is no question in my mind now that the Blasphemer is beyond the point of redemption. I beg you, my liege, to allow me pursue this heretical knight, for I fear that atrocities that occurred at the monastery are only the beginning of something much, much worse.

Your humble servant,
Inquisitor Gabriel Zernix 

Primarch

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 17, 2010, 08:33:03 PM
Well, we could have more than one orc.  They'll likely br running in separate threads...or you could join forces with the existing orc (assuming the player of said orc greenlights this).

I'd be totally fine with another Orc joining me, either as an Oath Brother or favoured Warrior if he wants to be a part of the same Tribe or something.

Kate

Player Name: Kate
Character Name: Kathryn
Character Species: Demoness
Special Abilities : Ability to change the sexual organs of mammals, this is ritualistic and takes hours to do but the results are permanent.
List three Skills: Hypnotic-voice, scar-less-healing, uncanny luck (mainly concerning gambling)
Character Background: [ Warning - bestiality themes ]

Kathryn suspected her nature was demonic when she didnt age, seemed to heal perfectly without scaring and had a voice that was enchanting to hear - one which would keep most eager to hear more. This gave her options for singing when the opportunities arose until she tried her hand at gambling. Soon she found herself with money but her fair share of enemies thinking they were cheated away from their rightful winnings. In truth they were right to think this but it wasn't a conscious act of Kathryn's part, the dice always just seemed to go her way when the stakes were high.

Unknown to herself, Kathryn is an Arch-demon of Perversion, her sexual tastes are about as extreme as any could imagine - and major powers other demons take for granted are instead replaced with one perfectly suited for her expression. Kathryn is not skilled in fighting but does has obvious uncanny luck that sees her out of small frays without mishap. How much that luck would hold in true or prolonged battles however is something she doesn't want to put to the test.

What Kathryn can do more so than any of her kin is change the nature of sexual organs of any mammal which she she can keep in a pentagram for an hour or so - in highly extreme ways.  This is ritualistic so not something she can do without preparation nor in places where distractions are prevalent. If her conditions are met though, the extent of the changes are pretty much limited only to her imagination.

Humiliation of physical form and Social awkwardness sexuality can bring others is something that delights Kathryn no end. She doesn't intend to be evil in this way, its just that the pleasure she takes when knowing it will happen or ensuring it does in a permanent way is just the most dominate aspect of her personality. The amount of changes she had done to others is uncountable, which one of her doings is the most evil is highly subjective... but many have included beast themes (ie beastiality themes).

Thoughts of others she has changed still managing doing so are delightful thoughts she ponders on when trying to get to sleep.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Leorobin on June 17, 2010, 10:33:47 PM
Quite a promising development indeed. Should I post said warlock?

Go for it.

Zelric Miras

Anything I should change or expand?

Player Name: Leorobin
Character Name: Orokelu Ree or simply Orok
Character Species: Human changeling warlock
Physical Description (should include height): Richard from looking for group the webcomic but less pale and with more flesh on his bones. Fanpic for reference Not my work.
Special Abilities: Self-healing and regeneration. He can hypnotize those with low enough will power with just a glance.
List three Skills: Use magic device, sense motive, spellcraft
Character Background:
Born under a long lineage of warlocks, Orok wished to end the vicious circle and become lawful, but he failed utterly. Raised by his elders, he learned the ancient and twisted ways of his clan. A clan renown for associating with the most powerful of demons and their taste for blood and pain.

Orok initially despised being involved in the blood shed so he instead focused his efforts on mastering ways to control his opponents by just his willpower. Still he was also trained in both melee and combat magic, although he didn't liked it much, he understood he had to achieve mastery in them. There would be times where he would have to fight alone.

As he grew, his liking for torture and psychological pain rose, and his despise for less subtle ways lessened. Over time he became a ruthless and cruel sadistic being, often mocking his victims. His deeds are as diverse as the spell tomes he carries with him. His latest, but not his worst, was turning a complete convent of nuns into a pleasure house. He still remembers fondly the time when he made an entire town kill itself in an orgy of lusty cannibalism.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: EmptyEternity on June 18, 2010, 06:48:23 AM
Player Name: EmptyEternity
Character Name: Kazaric the Fallen
Character Species: Human(?)
Physical Description:

Forgive me if my report of the blasphemer’s physical qualities is lacking, my lord. What little information I could garner comes from the few of monastery's surviving priests, trainers and staff. They described him, unarmored of course, as a six foot two, two hundred and five pound giant bristling with muscle that towered over his fellow knights. His eyes were pure green color and his hair was a deep black mane that was cut at the shoulders. He had no facial hair to speak of but his face, from what I was able to squeeze out of some of the more 'juvenile' serving girls, was quite handsome, with a chiseled chin, jaw line and cheekbones resting just above the nostrils.

Special Abilities: The blasphemer carries with him a evil blade enchanted with foul magics that, according to the local sage, is called Kal'norc, the Blade Profane (+3 Unholy Power Bastard Sword). The fallen one has also shown a startling proficiency in the dark arts. While nowhere near comparable to the skill and ability of a true warlock, this power should not be underestimated (Lesser spellcasting).

Skills: The fallen one has displayed great proficiency in mounted combat (Riding), surviving wounds that would kill lesser men (Endurance) and, according to survivors, emanates a palpable air of authority (Leadership).

Character Background: As per your request my liege, I shall be brief. Kazaric was one of the finest knights the church had under its employ, and a hero to the people. Until recently, my investigation his ritualistic slaughter of half the monastery and defloweration of every female in residence proved incapable of answering the most important question; why? Two days ago however, I was browsing through the archives of what was left of the monastery's library and I came across a large tome that was apparently saved from the fire. It was an account of a recent heretical purge that took place no more than a few months ago. I would have passed it off as a mere curiosity if I had not seen the Blasphemer’s name among the list of knights chosen to escort the local clerics to the heretics’ place of worship. When I inquired about this expedition to the monastery’s priests and was surprised to learn that of the twelve Knights and six clerics that were dispatched to deal with the heresy only the Blasphemer returned, half-dead, with a strange marking on his chest, muttering incoherently about “her will” and “the sacrifice is incomplete”, and carrying a strange sword. He was put to bed and lay static for three days until waking, under the light of the full moon, grabbing his newfound blade and with a strength that the surviving priests can only describe as ‘demonic’ embarked on a rampage of slaughter, rape, and destruction. Butchering every priest and fellow knight he came across and using their blood to paint demonic sigils and ritual circles within the main chapel. After herding the surviving Sisters and serving girls into his makeshift ritual circle, he proceeded to violently rape and impregnate each one of them, causing them to give premature birth to demonic creatures that soon turned and devoured their mothers.

There is no question in my mind now that the Blasphemer is beyond the point of redemption. I beg you, my liege, to allow me pursue this heretical knight, for I fear that atrocities that occurred at the monastery are only the beginning of something much, much worse.

Your humble servant,
Inquisitor Gabriel Zernix

Looks good.  He is a little bit overpowered there...but then again, the way you presented it (excellent creative touch, by the way) was as a story.  Since it's second and third-hand, we do know how stories tend to get embellished in the telling.  But we can definitely work with the core concept here.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Amberghylles on June 17, 2010, 11:58:37 PM
Player Name: Amberghylles

Character Name: Jacabiel

Character Species: Outcast Unseelie Goblin

Excellent.  I'll add him to the roster a bit later.

EmptyEternity

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 18, 2010, 01:32:56 PM
Looks good.  He is a little bit overpowered there...but then again, the way you presented it (excellent creative touch, by the way) was as a story.  Since it's second and third-hand, we do know how stories tend to get embellished in the telling.  But we can definitely work with the core concept here.

I could tone him down now if you want.

Tackyhillbilly

So, we should get this up an running!

Primarch

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on June 18, 2010, 03:05:12 PM
So, we should get this up an running!

You should probably just set up a thread for your character and either post the link here or PM it to OldSchool, that's what he told me to do anyway.

OldSchoolGamer

Yes, you can post your own intros at your leisure...if any of you wish to team up, that's fine too.  There'll be wenches and plunder enough for all...   >:)

EmptyEternity

Quote from: Primarch on June 18, 2010, 04:12:44 PM
You should probably just set up a thread for your character and either post the link here or PM it to OldSchool, that's what he told me to do anyway.
I'm confused. We each need our own threads?

OldSchoolGamer

Well, I wasn't envisioning the group adventuring as a singe mass.  Too many conflicts.  I figured a couple of you might want to form alliances, maybe have a backstory that links you somehow with one, maybe two other characters in the adventure.  Like maybe the warlock and the evil wizardess, for instance. 

Zelric Miras

The warlock would be quite interested in such pairing.  ;)

Primarch

Well mine is up here.

If anyone wants to join feel free, I'm sure a mod wouldn't mind moving it from solo to group.

Ramael

Quote from: Amberghylles on June 17, 2010, 11:58:37 PM

Although not playing this game, I'd just like to point out - the Wychwood Breweries Hobgoblin!

For you beer punters, this is by far the best (and the most widely distributed) Wychwood bitter.

That is all.

Amberghylles

*chuckles*  Well... I borrowed it from someone who'd apparently already borrowed it...  Tis the way of the internet I guess.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Amberghylles on June 18, 2010, 08:46:30 PM
*chuckles*  Well... I borrowed it from someone who'd apparently already borrowed it...  Tis the way of the internet I guess.

It would be funny to place the character in a modern setting near a lake of teenage campers...

EmptyEternity

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn's bit is up. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=72550.0
I take it we have seperate threads till we all collide somehow?

Kate

Have two areas - both group - and have players start posting in one that they feel suits them - and soon both likely will meet etc i think

Zelric Miras

TheGerbilyOne

Agreed, it makes more sense then everyone posting in seperate threads right? One place for the more...."Hide in civilization" types, and another for the out and out monsters?

OldSchoolGamer

Sure...it's whatever y'all want to do.  Anyone who wants to start in a thread with another player, or two others, is free to do so.

Zelric Miras

The Dandy

I might be interested in such a game if there are still openings
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

EmptyEternity

Quote from: The Dandy on June 21, 2010, 03:46:35 AM
I might be interested in such a game if there are still openings
Sure. Just post a character bio here.

OldSchoolGamer

Hey everyone...I got unavoidably detained by RL...but I'm back now, will be updating threads over the next few hours.

Zelric Miras

I won't be able to continue in the rp for a while, so if it starts, please drop me until further notice.