What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRose

Quote from: Renegade Vile on August 14, 2016, 01:43:29 PM
It's a very difficult balance to get right. I think kids going to schools should be dressed "plainly", by that I mean just wearing casual clothes that are at least a little modest. I just can't imagine going to class wearing what you'd also put on when going to a night club *shrugs*. Where that balance lies though, no idea, as in Belgium this isn't really an issue since everyone just dresses casually for school. The number of girls that put on a lot of make-up to go to school range in the single digits per year, at best; just to give an example. Same goes for guys wearing t-shirts with jokes or comments that are distasteful in a school setting.

In my experience, it is the same in Switzerland, Italy and France.

Turkey is going nuts. It's so sad to see them ending up worse than before the revolution.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Beorning

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 15, 2016, 07:16:44 PM
Apparently Scientists have finally had it with the Chemtrail conspiracy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scientists-just-say-no-to-%e2%80%98chemtrails%e2%80%99-conspiracy-theory/ar-BBvF5k5?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Not that conspiracy theorists will actually listen, they will just call us all sheep and go back to their bunkers and tinfoil hats :/

...our Minister of Enviroment (PiS, of course) actually is on record as believing in chemtrails.

Lustful Bride

Hacker group claims to have stolen cyberviruses from the NSA.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hacker-group-claims-to-have-stolen-nsa-cyberweapons/ar-BBvHPxq?ocid=spartanntp

Everyone thinks survivalists are crazy, but when one of these groups takes down the global economy for the lols, no one will be laughing at the people with the guns and canned food anymore. *Checks supplies repeatedly*

TheGlyphstone

When there becomes even the slightest possibility of that happening, there might be cause for concern. Until then, paranoia about it happening is exactly that, paranoia.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 16, 2016, 11:34:53 PM
When there becomes even the slightest possibility of that happening, there might be cause for concern. Until then, paranoia about it happening is exactly that, paranoia.

No one ever suspects it of happening until its too late *puts on my tinfoil hat and hangs Oranges around the room to keep the spirits away* :P

Still I find the news more than alittle disconcerting.

TheGlyphstone

It's disappointing, I'd expect the NSA to be better at protecting their files - but then if this is a Russian governmental hacking group, all we're looking at is old-fashioned international espionage taken to the cyber world.

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

Man attacks and stabs a couple to death. When police arrive on scene he was found eating the face of one of his victims and a police dog was unable to subdue the man after a hard struggle.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/suspect-in-fla-deadly-face-biting-attack-has-bizarre-online-persona/ar-BBvMVuA?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Sounds like bath salts to me.

Beorning

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 18, 2016, 07:35:14 PM
Man attacks and stabs a couple to death. When police arrive on scene he was found eating the face of one of his victims and a police dog was unable to subdue the man after a hard struggle.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/suspect-in-fla-deadly-face-biting-attack-has-bizarre-online-persona/ar-BBvMVuA?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

My God. Maybe it was some sort of psychotic break?

Oniya

Quote from: Beorning on August 18, 2016, 11:41:37 PM
My God. Maybe it was some sort of psychotic break?

'Bath salts' is street slang for a kind of synthetic stimulant that is known to cause this kind of behavior.  'Flakka' is another term that generally refers to a more potent form of the drug
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 18, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

Lovely comment section there too, racists of all kinds whining as usual.
On another note, I have never heard of this drug before. What the hell is in it to cause someone to go this particularly batsh*t?
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Renegade Vile on August 19, 2016, 03:02:14 AM
On another note, I have never heard of this drug before. What the hell is in it to cause someone to go this particularly batsh*t?
It's mephedrone, but if it does actually cause this particular behavior might be debateable. There was one case in Miami where it was suspected to have played a role, but I think that's never been proven.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on August 19, 2016, 03:48:14 AM
It's mephedrone, but if it does actually cause this particular behavior might be debateable. There was one case in Miami where it was suspected to have played a role, but I think that's never been proven.

I suppose, if nothing else, if this person already had mental issues, taking hard drugs on top of that was unlikely to have been a cocktail of happiness.

Beguile's Mistress

This link:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/synthetic-cathinones-bath-salts

Will give you some factual information about what 'bath salts' actually are.

Please be careful where you access information.  Many sources offer anecdotal information only.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on August 19, 2016, 03:48:14 AM

From what I heard the guy was so high it took two entire magazines just to put him down, but he shrugged off every bullet like nothing @3@

After it hit the news everyone was saying it was a zombie.

Flakka and Bath Salts are terrifying. It end sup 3 ways.

Either A: You get the best high ever. or

B: Your left drooling and foaming at the mouth (pissing and shittting yourself)

or C: You become hyper violent and suddenly try to kill or eat anyone near you and act like a zombie.

Seriously this stuff is terrifying.

Just look up some people on it and see how they were, either tripping out beyond belief or hyper violent.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXo-0iFj8Ys

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 19, 2016, 08:12:22 AM
From what I heard the guy was so high it took two entire magazines just to put him down, but he shrugged off every bullet like nothing @3@

After it hit the news everyone was saying it was a zombie.

Flakka and Bath Salts are terrifying. It end sup 3 ways.

Either A: You get the best high ever. or

B: Your left drooling and foaming at the mouth (pissing and shittting yourself)

or C: You become hyper violent and suddenly try to kill or eat anyone near you and act like a zombie.

Seriously this stuff is terrifying.

Just look up some people on it and see how they were, either tripping out beyond belief or hyper violent.

Ah well, sounds absolutely lovely, where can I get some?
What some people put in their bodies... *shakes head*

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Renegade Vile on August 19, 2016, 08:20:19 AM
Ah well, sounds absolutely lovely, where can I get some?
What some people put in their bodies... *shakes head*

I know, looking up cases they only get worse...

If I were the cops in areas hit hard by Flakka and Bath Salts, I would request something bigger than a 9 millimeter side arm @_@. And hazard pay for every encounter.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

That sounds like krokodil. So terrible. :-(

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 19, 2016, 08:25:29 AM
I know, looking up cases they only get worse...

If I were the cops in areas hit hard by Flakka and Bath Salts, I would request something bigger than a 9 millimeter side arm @_@. And hazard pay for every encounter.

And a return to steel plated armor. I wouldn't trust drugged up teeth against Kevlar *snorts*.
I think South Park's joke of "It's coming right for us! *shoot*" would be apt here.

Lustful Bride

*shivers* terrifying.

IN other news.

IS Claims responsibility for an attack on two Russian Traffic cops near Moscow.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/isis-claims-attack-on-traffic-police-officers-near-moscow/ar-BBvNoMX?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

TheGlyphstone

I'm pretty sure if someone trips over a rock and breaks their ankle screaming 'Aaaaaah', ISIS will claim responsibility at this point and claim they were screaming 'Allah!'.

Kythia

Yeah, I went on a killing spree yesterday for entirely secular reasons and regularly screamed "This is utterly unrelated to any desires I may or may not have regarding a global Islamic caliphate" (which is quite hard to do with an automatic weapon in each hand).

ISIS still took responsibility.  Really pissed me off, but what you gonna do.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Kythia on August 19, 2016, 08:58:51 AM
Yeah, I went on a killing spree yesterday for entirely secular reasons and regularly screamed "This is utterly unrelated to any desires I may or may not have regarding a global Islamic caliphate" (which is quite hard to do with an automatic weapon in each hand).

ISIS still took responsibility.  Really pissed me off, but what you gonna do.

Selfish bastards. If I want to murder people, I'd like it to be for MY insane reasons, not theirs!

Kythia

Damn tootin' I spent ages preparing that manifesto as well.