Beorning's Two New Cravings: A Woman Opressed & The Nurse

Started by Beorning, January 05, 2011, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello there, people! :)

Here are two ideas I'd like to try currently. Both of them are kind of vague - and I'm open to discussing the details with my prospective writing partners:

1. A Woman Oppressed

Basically, I'd like to try a story built around the idea of my character (a female) finding herself in a situation of oppression. For example, she might be a normal, modern woman forced to live in some society that enforces Victorian gender roles. Or, she might be someone who gets trapped in some sort of oppresive dystopia... She might have to try living according to strange rules, she might be forced to wear clothes she doesn't really like, make decisions she doesn't want to make... Overall, it'd be a story of her struggle to retain a portion of her own identity - in some sort of situation or place that tries to make her conform.

The gender of my writing partner's character might be male or female. Regardless of that, that character would probably be someone who tries to force my character to conform.

The story doesn't have to have much sex in it. In fact, I'd prefer it to focus on our characters' emotions and thoughts. Of course, we might try incorporating *some* sex, if that strikes your fancy ;)

Anyone interested? If so, please PM me!

2. The Nurse

I'd like to play a female nurse working in some sort of hospital or asylum. Whatever the institution would be, I'd like it to be special in some way. It might be a dark asylum ran by a mad doctor - or a seemingly normal hospital with some strange / scary / wrong things going on behind the scenes. The general theme of this story would be of being "lost" in some sort of institution: my character would be unable to escape becoming a pawn in the strange going-ons... a reluctant cog in the hospital workings. The exact nature of the hospital's "strangeness" is up to discussion - I'm open to brainstorming here!

Again, the gender of my writing partner's character could be male or female. My partner could even portray different characters, if so inclined.

One small thing I'd love for this story to include: traditional nursing uniforms :) I wouldn't want my character to wear scrubs - instead, I'd prefer her to dress like the nurses in the past. White dresses, caps... Or, we could turn the clock back even further and have the story's nurses dress like WWI Red Cross nurses... or Victorian nurses, even. Either way - I'd want the nurses to have some sort of uniform.

Again - if anyone's interested in this idea, then please - PM me :)