News:

Main Menu

Well Hello, Ms. Croft.

Started by Inkidu, December 10, 2010, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Sorry, if it's a wee bit big but. I needed the detail.

Now for those of you who cannot recognize her or those who do not subscribe to Game Informer magazine. That is Lara Croft.

I've never liked the Tomb Raider series, I found it too superficial and over-stimulating with a rather one-dimensional protagonist. However, from that picture alone I want to play this game. It's beautiful, not because she looks like she walked out of the wrong end of a fight but because it's real.

Shocked?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vekseid

For all that detail, you think they wouldn't have resorted to trans-mapped hair.

Callie Del Noire

TongueTwisted

I think the direction they're going in could revive the series. I'm looking forward to the new Lara.

Callie Del Noire

I thought the way they did the last two series storywise... it was definitely better than some of the ones after the orginal one.

Sabby

Probably won't have Doppleganger... v.v

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on December 11, 2010, 06:22:11 AM
Probably won't have Doppleganger... v.v

I think that she has fulfilled her purpose

Inkidu

Quote from: Vekseid on December 10, 2010, 07:47:35 PM
For all that detail, you think they wouldn't have resorted to trans-mapped hair.
I have not idea what that means, but I feel obligated to tell you that I scanned that in from said Game Informer. It was my first time ever using a scanner and mine not be so great. Now that I've posted it and it's bigger it looks a little too over-exposed and grainy...

There's not doppelganger in this one because this game is going to be set when Lara is twenty-one and fresh out of college. So any copycat would not exist, Sabby.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on December 11, 2010, 03:35:43 PM
I have not idea what that means, but I feel obligated to tell you that I scanned that in from said Game Informer. It was my first time ever using a scanner and mine not be so great. Now that I've posted it and it's bigger it looks a little too over-exposed and grainy...

There's not doppelganger in this one because this game is going to be set when Lara is twenty-one and fresh out of college. So any copycat would not exist, Sabby.

Are they keeping to the story the way it's been in the last two? She's looking for her mother? I liked that rewrite of the backstory quite a bit.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 11, 2010, 04:44:02 PM
Are they keeping to the story the way it's been in the last two? She's looking for her mother? I liked that rewrite of the backstory quite a bit.
No idea. The article didn't go into that much of it. The due date is still TBA. However, it does take place somewhere around Japan or some speck of Pacific Island. They're also apparently aiming for the M rating. The G.I. guys said when they played their demo that in one place Lara could get stabbed in the chest and die, and in another crushed first on the legs and then head by boulders.

Sabby

It's a complete revamp, I read. She get's out of college, follows some professor on a boat, which crashes on a Japanese island, and she has to survive by using camp sites in sandbox environment and creating simple weapons like spears and bows, since guns are rarer.

Dunno if there's guna be any magic.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on December 12, 2010, 08:50:58 AM
It's a complete revamp, I read. She get's out of college, follows some professor on a boat, which crashes on a Japanese island, and she has to survive by using camp sites in sandbox environment and creating simple weapons like spears and bows, since guns are rarer.

Dunno if there's guna be any magic.
I'm just happy that they've gotten with the times. Character is where its at today.

Sabby

I'm interested to, but...

Well, it's hard to beat fighting a winged Atlantean immortal with Thor's hammer on the top of a crumbling alien built doomsday machine under Antartica while your on and off enemy and friend Pyro-Witch Goth holds back tides of frozen undead Vikings with fire powers.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on December 12, 2010, 07:19:59 PM
I'm interested to, but...

Well, it's hard to beat fighting a winged Atlantean immortal with Thor's hammer on the top of a crumbling alien built doomsday machine under Antartica while your on and off enemy and friend Pyro-Witch Goth holds back tides of frozen undead Vikings with fire powers.

Really? I made Natla my bitch..Thor's Hammer was whirling in and out to mess her up.

Wolfy

Apparently, That picture?..Actual person.

The woman doing the voice for Lara in the new game? Yeah. Her body and face are being captured real time for the game, along with her voice.

...Seems like they are pulling out all the stops on this one.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on December 16, 2010, 12:53:59 AM
Apparently, That picture?..Actual person.

The woman doing the voice for Lara in the new game? Yeah. Her body and face are being captured real time for the game, along with her voice.

...Seems like they are pulling out all the stops on this one.
Well they kind of need to. Despite the stable last few releases of Tomb Raider from all accounts I've read they're more like a bandage for the wound instead of a cure. If they want to keep Lara around they're going to have to hit the modern gaming market harder than they have been.