guardians of the multiverse ( lantern corp. story)

Started by zenpai, May 13, 2014, 12:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenpai

The story will take place in the multiverse a system of universes there are link together.
One lantern from each of the corps has been chosen to act for there order in the multiverse.

red, blue, green, pink, orange, yellow, indigo are the only lanterns. no black or white. the normal rules apply. no males can be pink lantern. red lanterns cant take there rings off.
Blue beat red, yellow best green, blue and green recharge each other.

In this story there will be no power batteries no rings. your emotion and the those will recharge your power. before any of them can use 100% power they me recite there oath.

the main villains in the story will the Un-makers a group being that want to re make the multiverse in there own image. the un-makers have created a way to give any one powers equal to all the lantern corps.

any one interested in the story
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Dirtythesnapper

Sounds interesting. I will take away the army of larfleeze with the orange ring of avarice. *Salute*

Of course, my oath must by recited.

What's mine is mine, and mine, and mine.

And mine, and mine, and mine!

Not yours!
True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor.

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Green Goo Theory

Same as above.  Lanterns are a new thing to rp for me.
Coming soon...

AceSorou

Expressing interest, hoping that I'm not limited to a humanoid creature.

zenpai

Quote from: AceSorou on May 13, 2014, 10:51:24 AM
Expressing interest, hoping that I'm not limited to a humanoid creature.
sentient and tengable. It depends what are you looking to be?
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

AceSorou

Quote from: zenpai on May 13, 2014, 06:39:48 PM
sentient and tengable. It depends what are you looking to be?
<---------------That.

Green Goo Theory

Oh crap...Ponies.  Eldritch Horrors wrapped up in a cute and child friendly exterior.

We're doomed.
Coming soon...

AceSorou

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 13, 2014, 07:22:01 PM
Oh crap...Ponies.  Eldritch Horrors wrapped up in a cute and child friendly exterior.

We're doomed.

Wow, that's...actually the most accurate description of ponies I've ever heard.

Seriously, there's a shit-ton of fridge horror in MLP when you think about it.

Green Goo Theory

The pony would make for an excellent addition to any team of super heroes, of course :D
Coming soon...

AceSorou

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 13, 2014, 08:38:35 PM
The pony would make for an excellent addition to any team of super heroes, of course :D

Unfortunately, given my character's nature, he'd be a Sinestro. His special talent lies in making his opponents fear him through powerful illusory magic.

But...given that he's loyal to the princess of his kingdom, despite his talents, I suppose he could still be a good guy.

zenpai

Ponies idk its OK with me but it a stretch what corp. Don't say red cause I am temped to see how it work.I am going to be indigo. Orange is take if dirty is still in

AceSorou

Quote from: zenpai on May 13, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
Ponies idk its OK with me but it a stretch what corp. Don't say red cause I am temped to see how it work.I am going to be indigo. Orange is take if dirty is still in

Quote from: AceSorou on May 13, 2014, 08:41:57 PM
Unfortunately, given my character's nature, he'd be a Sinestro. His special talent lies in making his opponents fear him through powerful illusory magic.

But...given that he's loyal to the princess of his kingdom, despite his talents, I suppose he could still be a good guy.

Dirtythesnapper

True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor.

zenpai

I had made a post with a link to all the latntern power I will redo it after I get off work

LyraTigereyes

I'd like to join in, if I may. Green or Pink would be my preference, although I could go with Yellow if we need a bad girl

Green Goo Theory

So with this being a multiverse RP are we pulling from canon universes or custom ones? 
Coming soon...

Batman4560

Still taking characters? If so I would like to toss my hat in.

Divine Tenacity

Thinking about joining up, though I must say some of the information about the other Lantern Corps. are incorrect. GL and subsequent titles are some of my favorite comics to read. If you need help running this game let me know!

Proper Corps are as follows, so that there is no confusion:

Green runs on Will
Red runs on Rage
Yellow (Sinestro Corps.) runs on Fear
Blue runs on Hope
Indigo Tribe runs on Compassion
Violet (Star Sapphire) runs on Love

Also, if no one has taken her on yet, I will taking Carol Ferris, Star Sapphire.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Batman4560

Glad someone else here really likes the GL comics. I didn't want to say anything because it's not my game.

zenpai

Quote from: Midori Sadi on May 14, 2014, 08:45:40 PM
Thinking about joining up, though I must say some of the information about the other Lantern Corps. are incorrect. GL and subsequent titles are some of my favorite comics to read. If you need help running this game let me know!

Proper Corps are as follows, so that there is no confusion:

Green runs on Will
Red runs on Rage
Yellow (Sinestro Corps.) runs on Fear
Blue runs on Hope
Indigo Tribe runs on Compassion
Violet (Star Sapphire) runs on Love

Also, if no one has taken her on yet, I will taking Carol Ferris, Star Sapphire.
I will take all the help I can get just pm to go over idea. its meant to be custom not a fan of playing cannon. each person has the own opinion of how cannon should or should not act. but if you make her for a custom universe I don't care. just make her your own. thanks for the powers post. I spent 30 min finding good links to the corp. then my computer deleted it.

Quote from: LyraTigereyes on May 14, 2014, 04:13:35 PM
I'd like to join in, if I may. Green or Pink would be my preference, although I could go with Yellow if we need a bad girl
do what make you feel good.

Quote from: AceSorou on May 13, 2014, 08:49:23 PM

you good as long as you can back it up.
Quote from: Batman4560 on May 14, 2014, 08:32:14 PM
Still taking characters? If so I would like to toss my hat in.
still open nothing set in stone.
--------
So i'm playing indigo.    who else doing what? 

Divine Tenacity

Non- canon?

Hmm, I'm going to pass then.

I'll wait until another RP of this ilk pops up some time in the future. Good luck!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

zenpai

Because of the high demand  I deside to make an app.

Name :
Universe:
Corp:
history:
----
the un-maker have there own power ring like objects. the take the form of any type of jewelry.
The un-makers charms works like a power ring. but it uses the user very life force to create constructs. the charm drain there host slowly disrupting the natural flow of the multiverse slowly weakling it.

Universe Zero is the very first universe to exist. in it are nothing but gas cloud. form it came the multiverse. Nothing from any for any of the other universes are allow there not ever a speck of dust. making one small change in the UZ could have grave consequences.

The very first sentient being to live in the multiverse. the were give the power to control the multiverse it self. they split in to two faction the makers and the un-makers.       

AceSorou

Here's mine.

Name : Crimson Star
sector: 2184
Universe: Earth-1225
Corp: Sinestro
History: Crimson Star is the chief unicorn strategist of the royal guard in the Princapality of Equestria. Born on the distant world of Equus to a pair of big name actors, Crimson's...foalhood...wasn't that special. But one day, while visiting his aunt and uncle at an observatory in the western badlands, his life changed dramatically. Crimson was playing in the fields around the observatory, when a large tribe of bandits attacked. The bandits had all manner of members, ranging from ponies, to zebras, to griffons, minotaurs, and even diamond dogs. (For the record, diamond dogs are what you get when you crossbreed a dog and an orc, and enhance their love for digging for shiny trinkets.)

Crimson was captured by the bandits, who plundered the observatory. Thrown into a wicker basket, the bandit leader at the time had Crimson locked away, in hopes that he could augment the magic power of his forces, who were sorely lacking any unicorn ponies. Crimson was tortured night and day, in an attempt to make him desperate enough to use magic on his captors. Eventually, he did forcibly learn his magic, but the spells he got weren't exactly what the bandits expected.

Crimson started using his magic to see what each bandit individually feared, and began playing mind games with them. He became an expert at getting into his opponent's head, and used his magic to play to their fears, even going so far as developing illusions that absolutely terrified them. After tormenting his captors for two months with nightmarish visions, they eventually welcomed him into the ranks of the bandit tribe, if only to get him to stop using his magic on them. At the tender age of 9, he was already fighting alongside the bandits, using illusions and enchantments to sow fear and confusion into the ranks of the militias they were occasionally forced to fight.

Not wanting what happened to him to happen to anyone else, Crimson used his abilities of strategy, enchantment, and wordplay in order to blackmail and coerce his way into a position of power in the bandit tribe. And after poisoning the last chieftan and framing his son, he was crowned the new leader. His first order was to put to death all the tribe members who had tortured him back when he was still a foal. At 15, Crimson worked to restructure the bandit raids to be more stealthy and clandestine. Using illusions, he would often make it seem as if his bandits had suddenly disappeared. In standup fights, he would instead cast illusions to make his bandits look like Eldritch Horrors.

This went on for three years, and Crimson's bandit tribe had faded into myth and rumor, turning into old mare's tales to frighten kids. But then, he made a critical mistake. During one of his raids, he stole a wagon containing the crown of Princess Celestia, the Goddess of the Sun, and the Elder ruler of Equestria. In response, Princess Celestia herself came to reclaim it, along with a large portion of the royal guard. Their hunt began with Crimson's brigands running from the battle, instead of standing and fighting. Although, they were surprised to see the bandits simply vanish into thin air. Frustrated, Princess Celestia planned to trap them several times, and every time, Crimson's strategies, coupled with his mastery over illusions, would demoralize a unit critical to Princess Celestia's plan, and allow the brigands a chance to escape.

This song and dance went on for three months and a day, with Crimson becoming cornered by the guard. All the brigands were taken prisoner, and returned to the Equestrian capital of Canterlot. They were all to be punished for their crimes, but then, Crimson shocked the Princess, when he made a simple request. "My brigands were only following my orders. They cannot be held responsible. If any creature here should be punished, it should be me, and me alone." Impressed with this turn of events, Princess Celestia agreed to pardon his crimes if he came to work for the royal guard, with the brigands already under him functioning as his soldiers. He would've been a fool not to agree.

Crimson was given the rank of Lieutenant in the royal guard, commanding his brigands as if they were a military unit. Though, it wasn't until the War of Doubt that Crimson and his brigands really showed what they were made of. Despite Equestrian forces initially losing the war against their neighboring country, Agistara, Crimson became a demon on the battlefield, creating illusions that would make Cthulu cringe in fear. Using guerilla tactics and frightening imagery, both illusory and tangible, Crimson's unit managed to turn the tide of the war, instilling fear into the Agistaran ranks. It was at the final battle where Crimson himself had frightened the Agistaran supreme commander into nothing more than a gibbering wreck, traumatized beyond psychological help. Crimson left the poor sod curled into a fetal position, the heads of his generals laying in a circle around him.

This action had earned him the title of "The Red Terror" according to the royal guard. It was at this moment, as he exited the enemy HQ, that a yellow ring flew down before him, delivering a message. "Crimson Star, of Equus. You have the ability to inspire great fear. You belong to the Sinestro Corps." Since then, he's been a willing servant of Equestria, happily using his newfound powers to terrorize any who would cross the Princess. He has been promoted to Captain of the Guard, ever since the previous Captain was married to the princess of the Crystal Empire. He stands watch over Canterlot, the yellow ring around his horn waiting to be used. Knowing he'd eventually go to Qward to "be subjected to psychological and physical reconditioning," Crimson scheduled leave with Princess Celestia, intent on going there for what he assumes to be training.

zenpai