A couple of questions

Started by Assassini, May 03, 2012, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassini

Hey I've got a pair of questions to ask! Neither have anything to do with the other, it's just things I've come across I'd like answers to.

First up: I know that if you want to put an image into a post you type (img)IMAGE URL HERE(/img) (with square brackets) and you can edit the dimensions as well, but is there a way to do the same with animated images and gifs? I tried doing [gif]GIF URL HERE[/gif] but that didn't work... So yeah, can it be done? And if so, how?

Secondly: I noticed that there is a forum section for Threads which are inactive and I was wondering if threads got moved there automatically after a certain length of time? Or whether that's something that the players have to do?

Cheers for any answers!

Autumn Sativus

1. The tag is (img)(/img) with square brackets.

2. The completed tales forum is the one I believe you mean? Threads are moved there after full completion by request only.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Izu

The code is

[img]url of pic[/img]

And what section? The 'Completed Tales' one? *blinks* It's not for inactive stories, but for completed ones obviously.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Assassini

I could have sworn I saw an inactive section...

Guess I'm a bit of a spoon xD

Izu

*chuckles* It's okay. Happens to everyone :D

Elina

The inactive section that you noticed is for inactive introduction threads, for people who are applying and disappear before their app is processed, I believe.

Izu

Nuhh, it's "Held Introductions" xD So he most probably spotted a few subforums and mixed them up in one -done that once-

Sarena

The subject of the last post in an applicant's thread after they've not been to the forums or posted for a period of time is changed to "Inactive Poster Moved to Held Introductions".  Is it possible, Assassini, that you saw "Inactive Poster Moved..."?  That is the only place on the forums where inactive threads are moved, that I know of.  Social games and story threads are left alone, unless a story is completed and the writers' request it be moved to "Completed Tales".
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".