Thinking of running again: D&D, or Maid? [Humanoid Bondage/Consensual]

Started by kongming, August 01, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Genbu83

i've been playing pathfinder a lot for a while. Though I do miss my old spellwarp sniper builds.

What are you guys looking for D&D wise?

Kunoichi

We're not really looking for anything specifically at the moment. ^^; Just read through the first page, kongming's post on page 3, and then make some decisions and put forth your character concept.  She isn't choosing who gets in on a first-come-first-serve basis, so until the game actually starts, everyone has a chance to get in.

Genbu83

Figured as much, Just thought I'd get a heads up on what other people were generating. I'm a group oriented player.

Kunoichi

Ah.  Well, the character concepts put forth thus far have been a Bodger, a Factotum, a Warcaster, a Warjack, (those two would be working together as a pair,) and my own character concept involves a homebrew Silver Dragon monster class I found online. ^^;

So, thus far, we seem to have an abundance of 'front-line' characters, but are somewhat lacking in skilled characters and arcane casters, and utterly devoid of divine casters.  We'll probably manage regardless of which characters actually end up being chosen, though, so don't feel like you have to be constrained into taking on a particular class or role.

TheGlyphstone

BTW Someguy - since you're apparently posting here just fine, can you spare a post in the RT game to shove Arkhah in the direction of recruiting that warsphere?

SomeGuy

TheGlyphstone

I dunno, just a 'hey, this could be worth money, go do this for me'.

Genbu83

Well i must admit I do enjoy all variations of the classes. I've got the urge to play something psionic or arcane. However, I could make a very potent Cleric.

TheGlyphstone

Sadly, I don't believe IK has any psionics.

On an unrelated note, I just had an entertaining thought, after reading in NQ about 'Jack personality quirks and Warcaster Bonds - in particular, the "Friendly" quirk that makes the jack extremely social with a tendency to imitate human gestures and body language; now I'm picturing a 'jack performing the open-palmed 'bring it" gesture towards an enemy.

SomeGuy

Now I'm picturing a Jack going to high-five someone and breaking their arm.

TheGlyphstone

It actually calls out that Jacks who become 'Friendly' have to be carefully trained (or wiped), less they try to 'shake hands' or give someone a 'friendly pat on the back'.

Kunoichi

Seems like a good option for the team's souped-up pet warjack. ^^ Assuming it's well-trained, at least.

SomeGuy

Ershin

We'll have to train it to go to the newspapers in the corner if it starts leaking oil.

SomeGuy

Updated background, probably won't get any bigger until people start working out how we know each other.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Born in Bastion city, Mara was born to the Ryland family who had served in the city guard for generations, though recently some had begun seeking out a Letter or Marquis. They were a large family, though not nobles. The Ryland family has long held the 'outsiders' in disdain, seeing their city as not just the Bastion of Arcane but the true bastion of civilization and equality. They see the lands as being locked in a forever repeating cycle of catastrophes and betrayals, the Protectorate of Menoth in particular is reviled along with the Orgoth, which the Ryland family has kept the stories of for generations. For over 400 years Ryland children were brought up on horror stories of the Orgoth and the fact that they had merely been driven off and while the kingdoms continue to squabble the Orgoth have been rebuilding and studying the technologies that had been used to drive them out. They don't have any actual proof, but even the most disbelieving Ryland have conceded it was possible and the idea had a solid standing in logic.

Mara was always fascinated with the legends of Dragons, the tale of the Dragon Father wiping out an entire Orgoth fleet with such ease they didn't dare send another was intended as a prime example of power being in the hands of the irresponsible. Instead Mara took away a something different, I want power like that

Under the rule of King Vinter the Ryland family suffered a number of losses, their views on authority while not widely known were out there and the ever increasing paranoia of Vinter and the activity of the secret police resulted with a large number of family members disappearing. Combined with the ever increasing activity of the Cryx pirates and corresponding increase of activity by the Cygnaran navy which had a major presence in Ceryl resulted in a tense, if eventful, childhood. The Ryland family decided to stay in the guard as they feared the sudden withdrawal would only cause the rest of the family to disappear.

The defeat of Vinter at his brother's hands was welcome news, and the few surviving members of the Ryland family while grateful for Leto's actions were leery of the government. With the Letter's of Marquis as an option, most of the surviving family members sought to gain one though some stayed with the guard and some were unable to obtain a Letter and returned to the guard.

Despite the families misgivings about the government when she was old enough Mara entered service to the guard. She served for only a single tour before she began studying the arcane, which was far more accessible in Ceryl then almost anywhere else due to the strong presence of arcane orders and the acceptance of wizards by the population.

Kunoichi

Might as well put up mine, since kongming just gave tentative approval to my backstory and concept:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
First things first, since I haven't finalized a name for this character, I'll be using Stormbringer as a placeholder name.

Now, dragons in the Iron Kingdoms are known far and wide as beings of both great power and terrible evil.  Lesser-known, however, is the fact that the source of both a dragon's power and its evil is embedded in its very heart:  A fist-sized gemstone that corrupts all who touch it, a pure, undiluted shard of the dragonfather Tohruk's power, alternately known as a Lifestone, a Heartstone, or an Athanc.  If left within a dragon's corpse, the dragon will eventually revive.  If taken from it, the Lifestone eventually hatches a baby dragon forth into the world.  Either way, the dragon survives in some form, ageless and immortal.

Stormbringer hatched from one such Lifestone, lost in the wilderness after those who slew the dragon it once belonged to ran into something they couldn't handle.  In her early years, she reveled in her power, stalking the wilds and attacking travelers on lonely roads, but eventually she, too, ran into someone or something beyond her ability to handle, and was quickly incapacitated.  The Lifestone was ripped from her heart and she was left to die, and though she managed to survive, the assault was traumatic enough that she's repressed many of her memories of the event, including the identity of her attacker.

After the attack, Stormbringer went into hiding deep under the earth to recover.  Without her Athanc, said recovery has been slow, to the point that it's taken a century just to reach the level of power she enjoyed as a child, but without her Athanc the recovery has also been an unusual one, her powers and personality developing in new and unexpected directions without Tohruk's corruptive influence blighting her soul.  Freed of the ravening hunger that takes other dragons, she has gained a sense of clarity that few dragons ever achieve and a sense of morality that none have ever achieved before, and she has come to believe these newfound traits to be worth the loss of the might a dragon of her age would have had.

Having once again reached the levels of power she used to possess, however, Stormbringer has now become curious about the world she's hidden away from.  Just what is happening, out there among the mortal races of the world?  She's watched adventurers from afar, every now and then, but the idea that there are whole cities of them all gathered together, trading good, raising children, living out their lives in such close proximity...  The idea intrigues her, and she wants to see such things for herself.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that among the new powers she's developed is the ability to take on a variety of mortal forms, or that walking unseen among the mortal races will allow her to avoid the predations of her draconic kin, all of whom generally stay away from civilization.  And naturally, blending in with the crowd in a populated area, she's also much less likely to run into whatever powerful foe it was that forced her underground in the first place...

I still need a name, of course, but I've got some ideas on that. ^^

TheGlyphstone

I can't really do anything for any of my concepts (either the 'Jack, or the humans) until kong posts and ups/downs the Jack idea.

Kunoichi

Yeah, she told me that she's been busy with physiotherapy and visitors, hence the lack of posting.

TheGlyphstone

Kunoichi

Sorry, no. ^^; You could just try PMing her yourself, though.

Kunoichi

Ah, and also, I recently recalled something else in my books and looked it up...

...Rather than the CR 9 basic steamjack, what do you think about using a CR 8 Warforged Titan, from the ECS?  That could make for an interesting chassis for a Warjack character, I think.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 11, 2011, 03:39:52 PM
Ah, and also, I recently recalled something else in my books and looked it up...

...Rather than the CR 9 basic steamjack, what do you think about using a CR 8 Warforged Titan, from the ECS?  That could make for an interesting chassis for a Warjack character, I think.

I wasn't considering Warforged specifically because of the existence of Steamjacks, assuming they just didn't exist. The Titan is a problem though because it's Huge, and even the largest steamjack is only Large. They're also Int 3, stupider than the stupidest steamjack cortex.

Kunoichi