The Watchtower

Started by Sasquatch421, April 13, 2012, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Story: Years back during a meteor shower the city was devestated. Only days in the aftermath the first child showed superhuman potential a company called Tylon stepped in utilizing its scientific team to gather and study the children. At first the study showed nothing but as days go on their studies turned to using the children, as the time went on it got worse and worse.Finally the children grew tired of the abuse and utilizing their metahuman powers broke out of and took down Tylon in their wake.

Present Day: The children have growen up started new lives and identities.... Though the horrors they went through are never far from their minds. Having hidden their powers from everyone they appear normal, until they have been attacked and taken one at time. The attackers show an amazing ability to shift into animalistic forms though one man has been able to help certain people to get away and has taken them to another facility called the Watchtower. Their savior has been recognized as the sole child that sided with Tylon many years ago....

Who exactly is taking the old metahumans and more importantly can their savior be trusted?

This is my first roleplay try since being accepted so questions about the rp are welcome ad so are suggestions on where to put it and things to add that will make it better. The characters will be late teens to mid-twenties and I would like to steer away from the powers of invincability and immortality.

Acid Lips

First off, welcome to the site! *hugs and kisses*

Now that's out of the way it seems like a interesting plot. What is the level of literacy you expect? like a paragraph per post or what?

Sasquatch421

Thanks, I would like a paragraph minimum at least. 

Photo

when considering the role that each writer would play here, how would you define the protagonists, and the antagonists. I like the idea of escaped super-humans with vengeance on the brain. But, I'm unclear after that. Will our characters be animal shape-shifters, or do our pursuers display this capability?

In any case, this game looks really neat, simple, and creative. It looks refreshing, consider me to be interested
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Animegurl5

Sounds intriguing... Reminds me of a really old Rp that I loved, so count me in. :)
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Sasquatch421

It's the pursuers that shift into animal forms, but one or two of the player characters can shift as a super-human ability. Mainly the original kids Tylon first raised are the player characters. They end up at Watchtower...

Tylons new experiments are forced and have to be spliced with animals , which is why they can shift. Some do have powers but always secondary since the shifting is a major power. If there are people that want to they can make a bad guy as well as a good player character.

Praxis

Okay so...

Are the player characters the "lycanthrope-types" or are the villains?

I'm interested...well...I am if the PCs are super/meta humans.

My brain just isn't any good with the "werewolf/weretiger/werebear/wereturtle" thang.  :)

Animegurl5

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what types of powers you had in mind for the affected children. Things along the lines of Telekinesis or control of elements... or just put what we want and you'll tell us if that's ok?
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Sasquatch421

Any powers exept imortality and invincability for player characters. The bad guys are the lycanthrope types....

Frank Reshman

This sounds really cool, actually.  Any idea what you're looking for in a Character Sheet?

Name:
Appearance:
Bio:
Power:
Role:

Anything besides those?  That's all I can think of at 2:30 in the morning off the top of my head.  If you want any more information, let me know.  Super pumped to see this thing come to fruition.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Frank Reshman on April 16, 2012, 02:38:58 AM
This sounds really cool, actually.  Any idea what you're looking for in a Character Sheet?

Name:
Appearance:
Bio:
Power:
Role:

Anything besides those?  That's all I can think of at 2:30 in the morning off the top of my head.  If you want any more information, let me know.  Super pumped to see this thing come to fruition.

I would add in sex and age...Maybe make the role optional and it looks good to me. Actually let me throw one up, and go from there... For powers I will allow 3 since the majority of hero's in today's comics average 3 at a time...

Name: Alpha
Sex: Male
Appearance: Alpha stands at a 6'1" with long brown hair and blue eyes. Easily bored he works out just to pass the time so to some he is physically imposing. His standard attire are blue jeans with a black tanktop. On his feet he wears starndard infantry combat boots and every once and awhile will blow a whole paycheck just so he doesn't run out of them. When out on the town or on missions the only thing he usually adds is a black leather jacket with silver spikes on the shoulders.

He is also heavily tattooed with a tiger ripping through his skin on his left shoulder, a chinese dragon yin yang on his left bicep, and his forearm is done up with Anubis on once side and Nyx on the other with a pyramid background. Alphas right shoulder has a hydra, a blue dragon on his right bicep and a his right forearm has a gargoyle on the one side with Demona on the other. He has also put a pair of silver horn looking peircings on his forehead.

Bio: After the meteor shower Alpha was Patient Zero....  His family lost in the destruction we was basically adopted and raised by the Tylon corporation. They changed his name to use with their project, and that being he doesn't even remember his true name anymore. An outcast among the kids because he had to use other peoples powers he kept no friends.

When the kids revolted against the corperation Alpha alone stood in defence of Tylon. In the battle that ensued he killed several of the children, but was eventually over ran and the children finished off the company.

Afterwards Alpha wandered hitchhiking from state to state eventually becoming a mercenary. He worked with the group for years until he was attacked by a Tylon capture squad. Watchtower then contacted him about helping to save the others that Tylon is after and Alpha immediatly agreed. The only thing that hurts him is the fact that the others remember him helping Tylon on that fatal night and they never really trust him right away.

Power: He mimics the powers of others around him. At the moment Alpha can only hold 3 powers before having to replace one of them. Due to something that happened during that night magnetokinesis seems to have stuck with him.

Role: He is the main mechanic and weaponsmith at Watchtower when not out on missions.

ShadowFox89

Looks interesting. Two questions-

1) Is there a limit to the number of powers?

2) if and when sex comes up, how will it be handled? A separate thread?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sasquatch421

Actually I was thinking 3 powers would be fine in this case. With sex I could go a different thread if you all think it would be a better fit.

Animegurl5

Name: Skylar (Sky for short)
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Skylar is an averaged sized girl in almost every way possible. Her eyes are an ice blue, which stands out nicely against her silvery, white hair. Her skin is pale and delicate looking but looks can be deceiving. You will often find her wearing that hugs her tightly then flares out in specific places, like around her wrists, hips and ankles.

Both of her ears are pierced but she only wears earrings when she needs to, not being able to shift with ears. Also, around her neck is a small chain necklace that is fixed with a tracking device.

As a hawk, she mostly has silver feathers with brown popping up in different places such as the tips of wing feathers and her back. Her tail feathers are unnaturally long but completely the brown color.

Bio:
Skylar was contracted young, having had lived in the town affected by the meteor shower but not being affected herself. She was forced into having her DNA altered as an 'experimental procedure'. This DNA splice was them purposefully changing her DNA so that she could shift into the form of a hawk. It didn't go according to plan but it worked well enough that they decided to train her to work for them.

Over the years she did nothing but train in multiple forms of combat, both in her human form and that of her hawk form. She was then partnered with a man who worked for the organization but didn't have his DNA altered to shift but enough so that he could understand her animal form. He, in a sense, then became her 'handler'. The person she reported back to during missions and the man who kept a hold of her clothes when she needed to shift back. To this day she hunts for the remnants of Tylon.

Power: She shifts into the form of a hawk; In both her human form and her hawk form she has a special screech meant to 'stun' attackers. When in her human form it is weaker and the effects don't last as long. However when in her hawk form, the screech has the potential to bring a person to the ground with momentary paralysis. The effects only last for a moment however; One to two minutes maximum.

Role: She's a bad guy. ;)
<---- Her 'handler' with her in hawk form. :) PS Note: I know that the brown at the bottom is the end of his scarf but it looked so cool I wanted it to be the tail feathers so chop off the ugly tail it has and pretend the end of the scarf are tail feathers. :)
~~~

Name: Matsu Kale
Appearance:
Kale is a tall fellow, topping out at six feet. His black hair is long enough to just barely cover his eyes, but he usually sweeps it out of the way. His eyes used to be a brown color but after the meteor shower his eyes turned a bluish black. As well as being tall he is also fairly thin, never allowing his figure to slip.

You will hardly ever see Kale wearing any color besides black. He wears a plain black shirt, tucked neatly into black pants that are kept up by a black belt. His black boots cut off around his ankle and zip up the sides with laces as more decorative than functional. He also favors a long black trench coat that cuts off midcalf.

Bio:
Kale was an unusually cheerful child before the accident, always poking his nose where it didn't belong and always searching for ways to make other people smile. But when the meteor shower struck his town, no one he knew was left to make him smile. The event changed him in more ways than just his abilities. He no longer smiled and became a very serious person, always wary of those around him. Even so, he was only a child and had to do what Tylon wanted him to do, until the time came when he broke out.

Once free he found a job in local security, such as shopping malls and the sort. He didn't stay in one place for too long, always asking to be referred to another mall. To this day he has just been moving from town to town, looking for work to keep him warm and fed. Sometimes he resorts to shop lifting, without ever being caught. The benefits of having his power.

Power: He has a slight telekinesis, the ability to move smaller objects with his mind. If he concentrated hard enough he could move larger objects but the energy required for such a task would leave him completely drained; His one other ability is the nifty trick of being able to hide in the shadows. As long as he is still or moving slowly, those looking right at him won't see him unless they are an inch from his nose. However if he is wearing any colors, the trick won't work. One of the reasons he doesn't wear anything but black.

Role: Not quite sure what role he could be... :P

((Sorry if anything doesn't seem alright with you. Tell me and I will change it immediately... I wanted to see how far I could push the limits so again, please don't hesitate to yell at me for making someone too powerful. It was not my intentions. I just got carried away. :) Also for Skylar's 'handler' I was going to specifically ask if that was ok... I would play him but he wouldn't be all that main of a character so I don't think it very necessary to give him a bio. And I may have switched some stuff up in Sky's bio... Was a little unsure of what to do for a bad guy... I'm rambling again aren't I? Just let me know if I need to change anything. :) ))

rachelongaku

Oh I'm so totally in! Yay!
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

TheHangedOne

Name: Nicholas "Tybalt" Carter

Appearance:
He has dark black hair, which he usually keeps at shoulder length, and light blue eyes that, under the proper conditions, appear to "glow", like a cats.  He prefers to wear light clothing, even in the colder months, and prefers dark colors.  He has a wiry, athletic build.

Bio: One can easily say that the first good thing to ever happen to this man was breaking free from Tylon. One of the many children who live with abusive parents, he had actually initially been enamored with the corporation that took him away from his drunkard parents.

of course, his apparent saviors quickly turned into new tormentors, that opened up a whole 'nother realm of abuses to the youngster.

Unlike many, who might break, the abuse and pressure he's been put through has instilled him with an iron will power, and a tenacity and ferociousness that is hard to match. His natural cunning makes up for the short comings of his proper education.

His unique powers, and love of Shakespeare, explain the pseudonym he prefers to use.

He usually travels in the company of an Ocelot named Tyrant, who was "liberated" from an animal sanctuary.

He is never without a seven inch long folding pocket knife, which he lovingly maintains.

Powers:
Cat-like Reflexes: Put simply, his reflexes are fine-tuned, easily approaching, and perhaps even surpassing the capacity of an ordinary human.

Cat-sight: His depth perception is incredible, and he is also able to see easily in low-light conditions.  Like a cat, he actually has a tapetum lucidum, which explains his ability to see so well in the darkness. He is, however, disoriented by bright lights. He also has a nictitating membrane, which allows him to go without blinking for long periods of time without difficulty or pain, as well as keeping his eyes protected from some irritants, such as dust and pollen.

Feline communication: He is able to communicate with felines, both verbally (by emulating the sounds of felines)< and in non-verbal fashions. He intuitively understands what any feline is saying.  Furthermore, the animals generally find themselves enamored with him, possibly because of the way he conducts himself amongst them, or perhaps having their interest piqued by a human that can truly hold a conversation with them.

Role: Scout/fighter. Because of his talents, he is great as an infiltrator and as a sentinel. Additionally, his reflexes make him a deadly, agile warrior.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

I'm thinking of being able to make Hard Light objects for my character's power. She can create a short lived rod of Hard Light, aka a laser beam :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 19, 2012, 08:27:22 PM
I'm thinking of being able to make Hard Light objects for my character's power. She can create a short lived rod of Hard Light, aka a laser beam :P
This kind of hard light?  ??? A laser beam would not be hard light.
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

SciFi Hard Light, like holograms and illusions.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

rachelongaku

Name: Evelyn "Ghostling" Laurn
Appearance:
Sexuality: Bi-Curious
Bio: Evelyn's first memory was being taken away from the city by an older child. In her subconcious she knows how horribly she was abused as a young child. But she's pushed away those memories. She doesn't remember a time without her powers and assumes that she was born with them.

Currently Evelyn is in New York City, performing on broadway. She is one of the most talented singers in the world and isn't a bad dancer or actor either, likely due to the best lessons and schooling that could be given.

Power:

Invisibility: Only herself and her clothing. She has a time limit of thirty minutes.

Intangibility: Similar to Invisiblity. Only herself and her clothing and a time limit of thirty minutes.

Omni-Linguism: Can speak any and every language

Role: Would be best suited as a spy. Her semi-celebrity status can get her into nearly any party or anything similar.

Did this on the run. Tell me what needs changing and consider it done.
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

Sasquatch421

They all good to me... In terms of being powerful, consider the fact that the characters have had their powers for how long now they will naturally learn to control them better and they'll get stronger.

Animegurl5

I changed a minor detail on Sky's power. I thought three minutes was way too long, especially when in a fight so any where from one to two minutes is what it has become.

Wolfy

Name: Felicia "Shot" Oversky.
Sexuality: Bi-sexual, with a Hetero Slant.
Appearance:
Bio: Felicia's story starts, at least as far back as she can remember, when she was taken away by a young boy after the incident involving the meteor shower. She had no idea why she was taken away, and most of her memories after that point are foggy at best, repressed memories that she doesn't like to think about. Once she had escaped from that facility, she traveled for a while, being a small child, and keeping her powers hidden..alone and seemingly abandoned by her parents, not knowing where they were, she eventually found her way into an orphanage, where she grew up until her 18th birthday, when she enlisted in the military.

It was in the military that she discovered she had a knack for marksmanship, as well as near perfect vision. She was quickly enlisted as a sniper and given military training, learning how to shoot as well as perform recon, where she was given a partner to be her spotter, someone who would keep an eye over her shoulder as well as spot targets while she focused on shooting. He was a young man of around 20, the same age as Felicia, so it stands to reason the two became close, as they were always together, especially out in the field, where they relied on each other for survival. The two quickly rose through the ranks, as they made an excellent team, each complimenting the other in more ways than one.

So it came to pass that, despite several CO's telling them not too, the two became attracted to each other, though they never let that stop them from completing their mission. They were soon assigned to a dangerous task, a recon mission on a drug cartel in South America. The two were dropped off in the jungle, safely away from their target, and told to perform recon only, not to take out any targets. It seemed routine enough, though the two knew that if they were caught, it would likely end in disaster.

Felicia and John, her spotter, slowly approached the compound where the drug cartel was located, being careful to cover their suits in the local foliage to blend in nicely. The two came upon the drug cartel and observed them, scouting the area and gathering intel for a surgical strike that would come at a later date. It was almost too perfect, and things that are two perfect normally are. On a star-lit night, the two had settled down together to wait till morning, when they would move quickly to another spot, always changing so as not to be discovered, when their greatest fear was realized...one of the guards of the Cartel found them.

It was a bloody confrontation, one that left John dead, and Felicia injured but alive. She had managed to escape with a side wound, John's death striking a spark inside her that activated her powers subconsciously, making several Felicia's appear at once, something that took the guards by surprise. The base was on high alert now, and she knew more would be arriving. Unable to save John's body, she left it behind along with the bodies of the guards, and her clones joined her in running through the forest, keeping ahead of her, as her injury hadn't transferred over to them, surprisingly.

Once they were a sufficient distance from the base, Felicia had her clones stand on look out, while she took her time to grieve. The two had been so close, but now John was gone, and she was left in a dangerous place alone, save for her newly summoned clones, who tried to comfort her, though they all felt the same sadness she did. She managed to bandage herself up with the help of her clones, and finally managed to radio her CO, telling them that the mission had been a failure. John was dead and she was wounded but alive. Her CO told her to expect evac within 24 hours, and made good on her words, as Felicia was quickly taken from the jungle and flown back to the states, where she was debriefed.

The trauma of losing John and the bloody battle that ensued after words still lingered on her mind, as well as her powers, something she had always subconsciously known about,but had never used. She kept them hidden from the others of her unit as she tried to resume a normal life with a new spotter, but Felicia was placed on the reserves list rather than put into active duty, so that she could recover. Her own mental trauma was soothed a bit through Therapy, but Felicia still has moments when she remembers back to that night, and lashes out because of it. Currently she is in new york, simply trying to live.

Power:

Duplication: Felicia can create copies physical copies of herself that are able to act independently or under her control. These 'clones' also relay information back to her once they are absorbed, meaning she can learn things quickly by using clones to train. Of course, when one is killed rather than absorbed, Felicia feels a sharp pain in her mind, which leaves her momentarily stunned while she recovers. Currently her limit is fifty clones, but she's gradually learning to increase that number.

Magic Seals: Felicia has learned, through secretive means, how to manipulate the arcane, at least in seal form. She is able to conjure seals to imbue objects with special properties, though her most used application is applying them to the bullets she uses, as well as transforming one of her clones into her sniper rifle.

Expert Marksman: Felicia is skilled as a sniper. She uses her cloning power to create a spotter for her while she snipes, and is normally able to take out an enemy from very far away, especially with her special bullets.

Role: Sniper and Recon specialist.

(I'm sure I'm going to anger a lot of people in the military with her bio for how inaccurate it is. @_@...and how terrible it is. >_>..Seriously, worst..Bio..ever.)

TheHangedOne

Not trying to offend, Wolfy, just offering a bit of help with some of the military aspects. I've had friends in the military, so I do understand it a bit.

The military does not enlist anyone under the age of eighteen years. In practice, some people do lie about their age and join the military younger then that, but it's not easy; most get caught, and typically will be held accountable for misrepresenting themselves in a court martial.

Spotter/Sniper groups are typically same sex groupings (I have a friend who was a sniper in the army, and he said he never saw a non-same-sex grouping). Also, both members will switch between duties, and are expected to perform all related tasks adequately. Spotters also maintain perimeter defense, and are in charge of communicating with other teams, as well as spotting targets for the sniper.

She was likely given an honorable discharge from the army because of what she went through. But as a heads up, she'd be a civilian, which means needing civilian permits for guns, and only being able to get her hands on civilian market firearms (anything else would be violation of a federal law; totally doable, of course, but I'm just trying to be thorough).
Check out my poet tree!