A Little Bit of Elbow Grease (Nosferatu and Sigma Octantis)

Started by Two Faced, April 10, 2010, 01:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Faced

A fast learner he might have been, but apparently not fast enough. In the second he took to mentally cheer himself on, Morry had managed to dodge his blow and throw one of his own-- which connected with enough force to leave Enzo dizzy and a few steps back from where he'd been standing a moment ago. He grimaced a little and lifted a hand to the spot; he cringed a little at the contact.

"RED, that really hurt," he muttered, pressing at it a little more gently this time-- "Wonder if I punch like that."
A funny thing, the king who gets himself assassinated.

Nosferatu

Morry bounced back on his toes when he made contact, still energetic but wearing a frown. "It wouldnta hurt so bad if ye'd blocked proper." After a moment he slowed down and actually began to look concerned, however.

"Aw c'mon, I didn't hitcha that hard did I?" He leaned in to examine the bruise forming along Enzo's jaw.

Two Faced

"Weren't you trying to throw a punch I couldn't block?" Enzo lowered his hand and let the other look at it. He couldn't see it himself, though he imagined that the spot would be taking on a slightly purple hue before too long.

He frowned at the other engineer's comment and grunted quietly in response-- "Hard enough to hurt."

Nosferatu

Oh yes, it'd be turning purple. And perhaps a lovely yellow too. "Yeah, but t'see if ye could block it." Morry rolled his eyes. Enzo was being an absolute child about a lousy sock to the jaw.

He took another step back. "Really. Y'fight like a damn woman."

Two Faced

"Well I couldn't," the BLU engineer grumbled back as the rubbed his jaw-- "Wasn't the point of this to take things slow?" He forced a grin and lowered his hand once more. He needed to stop playing with it, because his prodding wasn't going to make it any better.

Enzo was good and fine with waiting for the other to throw another punch until his comment-- fought like a woman? His face flushed a little and his hand balled into a fist-- and half a second later he was stepping towards the other and swinging that fist around at the other's jaw as hard as he could. As soon as he felt the blow connect with something (he didn't really look to see if he had blocked it or not,) he let out an angry huff-- "Don't insult Clara like that."

It didn't seem to dawn on him that he'd just insulted himself.

Nosferatu

"Jus' tryin' ta keep ya on yer toes is all." Speaking of keeping on your toes, Morry didn't have enough time to duck as a powerful punch came flying his way. He'd prepared himself for a verbal lashing for the comment, not an enraged punch to the face.

He staggered back and rubbed at his soon to be swollen jaw. "Ah, fuck man..." He spit to the side, grateful a tooth didn't escape. He hadn't been thinking of Clara when he'd said that. Obviously.

"If tha' girl can throw a punch even half that powerful, remind me not ta piss 'er off." He chuckled nervously and righted himself, regaining the bounce in his step. There was only a second's pause before he was after Enzo again, this was just getting good.

Two Faced

As soon as the other was back at him and they were scuffling about again Enzo seemed to cheer up-- that was better. This was a lot better, really. And punching and dodging wasn't so bad now, and the blows that connected were all the reason more to keep on fighting. Before the scrap got too involved, the BLU made sure to include a comment about how he should be glad that Clara was a RED and that he wasn't a German spy.

Just in case.

Nosferatu

He might have raised an eyebrow at the comment about being glad he wasn't a German spy. Yes, he might have been glad for that, if he had any idea why. But he was quickly swept back into the rapidly escalating scuffle. Enzo was holding his own quite well, and if he wasn't careful the BLU was going to lay him out again.

When it seemed to have developed a rhythm and pace of its own, Morry decided to shake it up again. Following through on the blow already in progress, he quickly feinted to the left and went for the shoulder, a manic grin on his face.

Two Faced

Shaking things up might have gone a lot better if Enzo hadn't had the same idea at the same time. While Morry feinted, the BLU grabbed his arm and pulled while hooking a leg around the other's-- his goal being to trip him up. And while that worked, he went with it-- which left them both on the ground and struggling to regain control of the fight.  He was getting tired, but the fight was subsiding into more of a wrestling match now that they'd both been knocked to the ground. Maybe he'd be able to walk away from this with his head held high after all.

Nosferatu

When the feint turned into nothing short of a stalemate, Morry's face went from concentration to pure shock. Not going to be beaten so easily, he threw his weight into it and tried to push through the block. Unfortunately for him, Enzo had locked their legs together, serving to pull his weight out from under him instead.

Morry hit the ground with a dull thud, Enzo landing on top of him shortly after. He didn't even have a chance to catch his breath before the BLU was on him again, wrestling for control in the dirt. Oh, he wasn't going down this easily. Locking a leg around Enzo's waist, Morry shifted his weight to roll them over so he sat straddling the other man, breath coming in heavy pants as he held his arms at bay.

Two Faced

Something akin to a string of half cut off curses escaped Enzo when the other rolled them over-- but goddamn, he didn't have the energy to push him off and keep fighting.  The engineer instead groaned quietly and made a show of going limp. "Okay," he wheezed out, "okay. You wi--" Now that wouldn't do at all. Clara would have laughed to see him give up just like that.

The BLU grunted quietly and did his best to push the other off-- which didn't do much. Well, couldn't win them all. "Alright, you win, RED. I'm beat."

Nosferatu

An ear-to-ear grin plastered itself on Morry's face as he held Enzo down."Y'give? Well, tha' was easy." He squirmed a little before leaning down so their faces were almost touching. Like hell he was going to just roll off and be done with it.

"What would yer girl say if she saw us like this, hmm?" He whispered and held still for a long moment. And almost as quickly as it had happened he was up again, dusting himself off and extending a hand to the other engineer. "C'mon. Don't want anyone gettin' the wrong idea here."

Two Faced

That grin was a little bit mocking, and there was no way he missed that. Enzo glanced away (stay humble,) but damn if it wasn't a little annoying. He couldn't help but look when the other leaned over though-- and that comment made his face flush somewhere between angry red and embarrassed pink (as if those designer colors, he mused inwardly.) He didn't move until the other stood and extended a hand, and when he did Enzo took it and pulled himself up-- and used the momentum to put a little extra force behind the punch he aimed at the other's arm.

"I figure she'd skin me."

Nosferatu

Morry winced playfully and yelped as a fist connected with his bicep. "Not sure if I wanna meet this girl," he laughed, "sounds violent."

Regardless, Enzo's reaction had been priceless, he'd turned a lovely shade of red. Morry knew there was a reason he'd saved BLU the day before. Partly in retaliation and all in good humor, he landed a playful punch on Enzo's shoulder.

"Now thatcha know how'ta beat tha shit outta me, how's dinner sound? I could eat a horse." Or a small elephant, but a horse sounded tastier. "Y'probably haven't been ta town yet either, right?"

Two Faced

"Maybe a little," Enzo replied with a (nervous) grin-- "Only if you're on the wrong side... Or Franz. Yeah, she didn't like Franz much." His grin died down to an honest smile then and he ran a hand through his hair. "And I'm not sure about knowing how to beat anything out of you, Morry, but I think dinner sounds right fine. Don't think there's anywhere around here that serves horse, though."

Nosferatu

Morry made a mental note never to change his name to Franz. He also got the distinct impression he was missing something. Or a lot of somethings. He pulled the hardhat from his head and ran a gloved hand through his matted hair, trying not to grumble too much at his wonderful display of helmet hair.

"Horse, maybe not. But I'm willin' ta settle fer cow." He grinned up at Enzo and let his arm fall to his side, hardhat in hand. "I'll only be a few minutes, gotta get outta this sweaty mess." He gestured with the hardhat to his stained coveralls and work shirt. "Meet at the edge of the battlefield in twenty?"

Two Faced

A lot of somethings was right-- not that Enzo wanted to give the old base (or Franz) much thought right now. Instead the man gave the other engineer another grin and nodded-- he'd already cleaned himself up and stripped the bits of work clothes that were unnecessary, but that wrestling around had left him covered in dirt. He'd have to go clean up a little, too.

"In twenty. Don't get into anymore fights on the way back, alright?"

Nosferatu

Morry gave him a casual wave over his shoulder as he made his way back to RED base. Yeah, no fights.

It took him all of eighteen minutes to change, wash up and find his way to the edge of the battlefield where they were to meet. Not that he'd counted. He'd changed into a (mostly) proper outfit for once: dark jeans with his steel-toed workboots and a maroon button-down shirt rolled at the elbows. And his favorite white cowboy  hat. He didn't care that his teammates thought he looked ridiculous in it, he loved it anyway and wore it with pride.

He beamed as he saw Enzo approaching in the distance, waving him over perhaps a little too enthusiastically. "Ready?" He called out, completely starving.

Two Faced

Enzo took a little longer to get ready, though that was only because he'd gotten himself lost thinking it was the old base. Soon he was heading back out, though his outfit had significantly less flair then the other engineer's-- casual brown shoes and a blue work shirt, he figured, were nice enough to get him anywhere without him feeling too dressed up. He had no idea where Morry was planning on going, after all.

When Morry waived him over, he almost didn't recognize him. That hat was...

He did his best to repress making a face and gave the other a grin. "Nah, I just came out to check up on you. Let's get going before it starts to get dark."

Nosferatu

The restaurant wasn't fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but it was the nicest in town and probably for miles. Such were the hazards of living in what was largely considered to be the middle of nowhere- standards were lowered significantly.

They were seated within minutes of arriving - it was a weeknight and the crowd was sparse. A few men from base - that Morry waved to as they passed - and some older civilian couples that were seen around town often.

They were given a booth near the back, in a quiet corner but with a perfect view of the rest of the dining area.

"So whaddya think?" Morry fairly beamed as he scooted into the booth, accepting the menu from the waitress. It was his favorite place in town by far.

Two Faced

Fancy wasn't what he had in mind and fancy wasn't what he would have wanted-- fancy was for taking Clara out on a date and romancing her properly. Sure, he could enjoy a good meal, but he didn't really need fancy for that. This was fine, as far as he was concerned. Perfect, really.

Enzo was pleased to be seated quickly, and he didn't respond to Morry's question until he had given the menu a once over. "I'll let you know when I get some food."

Nosferatu

The other engineer's terse reply caught Morry a little off guard. So the atmosphere didn't do anything for him, huh? Morry scratched his head; he rather liked the lighting and decor, but to each their own he supposed. And Enzo was making it clear that food was the most important part of the experience. Which he wasn't about to argue with.

Peeling open the menu, Morry gave it a cursory glance before promptly shutting it and turning his attention elsewhere. He already knew what he wanted. The same thing he always ordered: beef brisket, medium rare with a heaping side of baked potato and coleslaw. Best meal in town.

"Anythin' look good?" He asked, trying to get a look at where Enzo had stopped in the menu.

Two Faced

Nah, it wasn't that he didn't care for the atmosphere, it just... wasn't something he was thinking about. The engineer smiled as he glanced across the menu-- they had a pretty decent selection of food, and all of it sounded pretty good. And Morry wouldn't exactly take him to a place with bad food, right? He ran a hand through his hair and placed the menu down. Speaking of Morry...

"I'm not really craving anything right now. Want to suggest something?"

Nosferatu

Morry had to pick up the menu again at Enzo's question. It'd been a while since he'd actually looked at it properly. "Well, I'm gettin' the brisket," he offered helpfully from behind the menu. His eyes scanned the small text quickly, trying to recall some of the other dishes he'd ordered and enjoyed.

His face lit up at each entry he recognized and remembered as being particularly good. "Th'prime rib is amazin', aaand," his tongue poked out a little as he thought about it, "the Santa Fe chicken salad, and the peach cobbler, but we'll save that for dessert." Morry grinned and snapped the menu shut.

Two Faced

Enzo scratched idly at his own menu when the other suggested a few things-- though he didn't bother to look at what was recommended to him. Brisket wasn't something Enzo enjoyed very often, but prime rib was an appealing thought. Any kind of salad (even a thick one) simply seemed too light after today's scuffle, so... it was starting to look like the prime rib would be a good way to go.

He glanced at it on the menu and nodded to himself-- "Sounds good."