Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

I've no doubt you are sure of that, sweetheart.  Our illusion was very well planned and, frankly, we only sent over the most gullible people anyway so we had a headstart. 

Have you seen that Simpsons episode where the USSR returns?  Its gonna be like that.  Lincoln's mouth on Mt Rushmore will open and loads of fox hunters will come pouring out while all the billboards drop down to reveal images of the Queen.  It's gonna be sweet.  Specially trained teams of ninja grammarians will insert "u"s into various words and point condescendingly at the "h" in herbs.

There's no point resisting.  Your womenfolk will fall swooning before our Hugh Grant accents while the men will be powerful to resist our on average higher breast size and lower age of consent.

Demigod1945

Remiel

I love the Simpsons.

Lisa: Dad, the Second Amendment was created so that the early colonists wouldn't have to let the British soldiers use their homes as barracks without their consent!

Homer: Well, do YOU want King George's men taking over your house?

Lisa: No, but...

Homer: DO YOU?!?

Lisa: No...

Homer: Okay then.

Kythia

My favourites are:

Marge: This is the worst thing you've ever done.
Homer: Oh, you've said that so often its lost all meaning.
Homer: Marge, these things only look bad because you remember them.
Homer: It's OK, we just have to put up with this until Daddy's paid for the priceless manuscript he ruined.
Lisa: Oh Maggie, how many times have you heard that in your short life.

Demigod1945

So I'm guessing that whatever food McDonald's has to offer to us is now cold. I think I'll post something...yeah.

Ilasandra

Hey what's your id thing for the dice bot, Kythia?

Kythia

Ilasandra

Ilasandra

So I should respond now, right? And you'll do something with that roll?

Kythia

Sorry, got myself a bit behind.  Let me just eat my chili and I'll get a response up.  Everyone overjoyed at a 2-0 kicking putting us through to the next round of the cup?  You should be.  XP will be docked if not.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Kythia on September 28, 2013, 03:23:33 PM
Sorry, got myself a bit behind.  Let me just eat my chili and I'll get a response up.  Everyone overjoyed at a 2-0 kicking putting us through to the next round of the cup?  You should be.  XP will be docked if not.
Only 2 points?

Remiel

Quote from: Kythia on September 28, 2013, 03:23:33 PM

And there was much rejoicing.

Kythia

God I'm sorry I got behind on this.  Post is being written now and it shouldn't happen again.

Sorry all.

Quote from: Demigod1945 on September 29, 2013, 09:19:56 PM
Only 2 points?

3 points for a win, actually.  Normally at least but this was a cup match so its just a straight win.

Quote from: Remiel on September 29, 2013, 09:23:06 PM
And there was much rejoicing.

Briefly.  Until we went down 3-2 at Goodison Park

Kythia

So I just want to draw out a rules point here.

Norm's Noble Stimulus is:

Quote"I'm mad as hell, and I can't take it anymore."  Norm secretly dreams of being the one to throw the hammer through the giant monitor, metaphorically speaking. 

This seems to be the same as what Patveer is talking about, about opening people's eyes and showing them what's happening.  So Norm could activate his Noble Stimulus if he wanted to make a roll regarding this issue - helping Patveer open people's eyes, maybe, or even finding out the best way of doing so.

What that would mean in practice is he has two options.  He can "flip flop" a roll or reroll a failed one.  Flip-flopping means switching the tens and units round - so if he rolled a 73 he could turn it into a 37.  That's representing how important this issue is to him.  He can't use that Noble Passion again though until next time I give out xp - it's once per session.  But he could still activate his Rage passion to destroy (for a broad definition of that word) someone blindly swallowing propaganda or his fear one to get the fuck away from someone spying on him. Again, though, those are once per session.

Let me know if you feel one of your passions is relevant to a situation.

You can always choose to flip flop your obsession skill, btw.  Think I've mentioned that but just in case.

Anyway, Remiel, I'm not saying you have to do that at all, just seemed like an appropriate time to go into a little more depth on that.

Demigod1945

Just wanted to aplogize for my recent absence, never would have though that learning electrical engineering would take up so much of one's time. 

Kythia

My brother in law is an electrical engineer.  I never thought to ask him how long it took, coulda saved you a surprise there.  Sorry about that.

Remiel

I'm going to hold off posting until Blythe and demigod get a chance.

Kythia

Yeah, makes sense.  I toyed with doing the same but, obviously, decided against it

Blythe

I'll get a post up in a day or so. Sorry for the delay. >.<

Rook Seidhr

It's unlikely, I think, that Rachel would ask whether Bran is short for Brandon—he uses the Welsh pronunciation, Brahn. Not to mention the Welsh surname. His family's been in the North for generations, but alas, they'll always be Welsh; he's trying to make the best of it.

Kythia

Riveda = ah my apologies.  Consider that edited out, will do so in actual fact once I'm on a computer and off my phone.

Blythe - don't give it a second's thought.  I didn't, and I'm certain Remiel didn't either, mean to rush you.

Remiel

Yeah, no worries, Blythe.  My intention was just to give you an opportunity to leap in, if you like.  If you didn't want to, just say "pass!" and I'll keep going.  :-)

Demigod1945

Ok, I should be able to post tomorrow. Just thought I give a heads up.

Kythia

No worries DemiGod, I'll hold off a reply in that scene for the moment.

Riveda - you made your check with the shift and pick yourself up a hardened notch in Unnatural (sheet has been amended).  Feel free to post when the mood strikes.

Blythe

I got a meager reply up, but woohoo, got a post in! ^^