Rome, I come to your aide! - IC Started, still open

Started by Primarch, December 02, 2017, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyQ

@Primarch Quick question. The Province of Syria goes through a few name changes during this period. Sometimes its just Roman Syria. Sometimes its Assyria. Sometimes its Syria-Palaestina. Is it okay if I just call it Assyria? Bending the historical accuracy here a little...
"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

Primarch

Yeah I Trajan will have died before making Roman Assyria a Province but screw it, that's fine. Run with it.

Mister Ugly

Neat! I have had a long running desire for a character based on a bloodline...
This idea is close enough that I can make it work. She would be from the bloodline of Cleopatra Selena II, daughter of Cleopatra IV [last Pharaoh] and Mark Antony. {also of the Ptolemaic Bloodline that leads back to Alexander the Great}

C. Selena married Juba II and they were placed as rulers of Mauretania, this being a bit of an AU the family still is in power and 'considered' loyal to Rome... Her father is Governor but wants a senate seat and has sent food and oil and his daughter to Rome.

Short Version! Hope that could work!

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Primarch

We've actually already got someone playing the descendant of Cleopatra angle. While the idea of two descendants isn't exactly impossible at this point I would prefer it if people explored alternate prestigious backgrounds.

BennyQ

Here's my work in progress character sheet. Am going to make him a son as well and looking for a wife of the son and possibly a daughter to forge alliances later. Please let me know if there's any issues.

Character: Tiberius Santori Aquilinus.
Player: BennyQ

Role: Governor of Assyria.
Specialties:

• Financial Administration.
  • Logistics Expert.
  • Cavalry Leader.

Personality:

• Stoic.
  • Disciplinarian.
  • Cautious
  • Xenophobic.

History:

• Born in the Italian countryside (54AD) to a Novus homo family (his family previously served as successive Centurions under the Julian-Claudian dynasty prior to achieving Equestrian and finally Senatorial rank).
  • Worked his way up through the Cursus honorum, serving as Tribune, Quaestor, Aedile and Praetor in succession.
  • Raised to Senate under Titus in 91AD ahead of his time due to loyalty.
  • Made Consul in 94AD under Domitian for a few months, before replaced at year end election.
  • Made Governor of Assyria by Nerva in 98AD, where he remains.

Relationships/Connections:

• Cleomachus Santori Drusus (son).
  • NCamelia Glabrio (third wife)
  • None - To be filled out after plotting

Additional Details:

• Tiberius is 47 years old.
  • Because of the nature of his command and potential foes, Tiberius is more inclined to cavalry leadership rather than the typical heavy infantry tactics the Romans use.
  • Commanding the Assyrian legions, Tiberius commands one of the strongest forces in the Roman east, to ward off the Parthian threat.
  • Both fears and respects the Parthians.
  • Despite commanding auxillary forces and living among Greeks and Assyrians, Tiberius has an extreme dislike of any non-Roman, despite once being discriminated because of his novus homo roots.
  • Tiberius has been married three times, of which only his third marriage produced children.

Additional Images:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character: Cleomachus Santori Drusus.
Player: BennyQ

Role: Military Tribune serving in Assyria.
Specialties:

• Leads from the front.
  • Rhetorically gifted.
  • Fond of the Sciences.

Personality:

• Brash/Temperamental.
  • Socially outgoing.
  • Lavish/Extravagant.

History:

• Born in Rome to Tiberius Santori Aquilinus and Camelia Glabrio in 75AD.
  • Spent much of his formative teenage years partying Rome during his father’s commands in the provinces. May have a bastard child or two.
  • Currently completing his first step on the cursus honorum as military Tribune in the Legions under his father.

Relationships/Connections:

• Tiberius Santori Aquilinus (father).
  • Camelia Glabrio (mother).
  • None - To be filled out after plotting

Additional Details:

• Cleomachus is 26 years old.
  • He served as Tribune first on the Rhine before transferred to the east.
  • Sole heir to the Santori gens/family.
  • Dislikes his father’s strict and austere lifestyle. Currently in debt due to borrowing as his father refuses to relinquish any of the family’s wealth. Desires fame and victory through battle to pay off the debt.

Additional Images:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Wanted

Name: Bride of Cleomachus Santori Drusus.
Role: Wife/Bride-to-be.

Desirable traits: Open to discussion.
Requested faceclaim(s): Open to discussion.

~

Name: Daughter of Tiberius Santori/Sister to Cleomachus Santori.
Role: Sister/Unwed daughter.

Desirable traits: Open to discussion.

~

Name: Camelia Glabrio
Role: Matron of Santori gens.

Desirable traits: Reserved, ambitious, possibly controlling.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Primarch on December 04, 2017, 04:10:28 PM
We've actually already got someone playing the descendant of Cleopatra angle. While the idea of two descendants isn't exactly impossible at this point I would prefer it if people explored alternate prestigious backgrounds.

Well Darn...I missed it!
maybe a couple of pit vipers can settled the issue?  O:) O:)

Let me see what I can work up instead!!

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Primarch

Quote from: BennyQ on December 04, 2017, 04:12:04 PM
Here's my work in progress character sheet. Am going to make him a son as well and looking for a wife of the son and possibly a daughter to forge alliances later. Please let me know if there's any issues.
Nothing is jumping out at me, seems fine as far as I can tell.

Quote from: Mister Ugly on December 04, 2017, 04:13:12 PM
Let me see what I can work up instead!!
Looking forward to it!

BennyQ

Alright, I added the son in and some wanted ads. Let me know if it's all approved and I'll post it over on the character thread.

Primarch

Looks good Benny. Throw them up.

Anouk Daae

aaaahhh shit the Eagle, man! I loved that movie!

I should stop commenting now, right? 'Cause I'm already in... k, I'm just gonna...yeah, bye.

Primarch

Quote from: Anouk Daae on December 04, 2017, 04:51:02 PM
I should stop commenting now, right? 'Cause I'm already in... k, I'm just gonna...yeah, bye.

Good point.
OOC thread is up

Vonandi

Very very interested - but I was wondering if I could play a woman masquerading as a man, someone who is hiding their true nature so she can take full claim to her deceased fathers inheritance and power, but is at constant threat of being found out and subsequently executed. Would that be appropriate for a character submission?  It's something I would very much like to rp through in this setting but I understand if some people don't want such a thing to be included.

Primarch

Primarch

IC has started here
This is the 'main plot' thread, the more loose/open thread shall follow.

We are still accepting characters!