News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Non-Adult Deity Group Role Play

Started by Interested, February 04, 2011, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

All participants would put themselves in the role as deities with specific powers related to a topic of their choosing in character creation. Some overlap of portfolios (the topics I mentioned earlier) are permissable. For instance, Ares was a god of war, just like Athena. There would be different ways of raising the power of these player controlled gods. For example, you could take animal/human sacrifice, worship, or even soul theft, life force feeding/etcetera, to slowly grow in your personal powers. You could even create something more akin to a titan, demon or perhaps dragon than an anthropomorphic god, instead.

Power Levels of the Deities: Let's discuss this a little. I really want us to be the very pinnacle of power. . . and yet I want us to grow.

Here is a list of Portfolios for players to choose from (Though portfolios are not limited to these)=

(Any specific school of magic. You cannot choose "magic" because that's too broad of a portfolio)
Love
Healing
Beauty
Fire
Earth
Wind
Water
Animals
Plants
Knowledge (As in logic, reason, sophistication, education, learning and study)
Wisdom (Perhaps cunning, foreknowledge, common sense, empathy, and discipline)
War
Lightning

Character Creation:
Name:
God of: (There are three points to be used in order to put into Portfolios. If you want three Portfolios, for example, you must buy them with 1 point each. If you want one, then you'd put all three points into one Portfolio to make yourself even stronger with that portfolio)
History: (Life before godhood)
Appearance:

It should be noted that the role play takes place during a time that interested players voted from.

Would you choose creating a world of your own, and thus start in Primeval times, with Cavemen and dinosaurs?

What starting in the Bronze Age?

The Iron Age?

Hell, any age from Prehistoric Ages to futuristic Ages? (I'm hoping we would choose 2060-2200 myself.)

Primarch

So do we rule over a specific civilization? Because if we did we could set up "period" threads, each one some centuries or so after each, with events in prior "episodes" making a difference or controlling the direction it goes? Consider me interested, although i'd like to know more about the set-up before I commit. If possible, I'd like to reserve War & Lightning until more information is made available on the game. 

Interested

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2011, 01:30:43 PM
So do we rule over a specific civilization? Because if we did we could set up "period" threads, each one some centuries or so after each, with events in prior "episodes" making a difference or controlling the direction it goes? Consider me interested, although i'd like to know more about the set-up before I commit. If possible, I'd like to reserve War & Lightning until more information is made available on the game.

It is possible we would create our own civilizations. Or cooperate to make our own civilizations.

KaiiVii

I might be interested, depending on what we are actually playing out. I would like to note my interest in the god(dess) of Animals
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Interested

I could NPC an Over-Deity who would be in the background while the players would actually play the game out, making the world OR remaking a world in ruins.

KaiiVii

Interested

What about starting later like I suggested?

Would you suggest starting out in futuristic times, cavemen (restarting) Or some thing more like Medieval or Bronze Age?

KaiiVii

Any really, Although I would prefure the restarting with cavemen or restarting in Future times.

Interested

Quote from: KaiiVii on February 04, 2011, 07:45:35 PM
Any really, Although I would prefure the restarting with cavemen or restarting in Future times.

Interesting. Restarting in future times sounds like it has role playing potential.

KaiiVii

There are definately a few different ways it could go, depending on how you wanted to do it.

Interested

I'm interested in seeing what the players think. . . Would they rather have High Fantasy in a futuristic setting, for example?

But if the decision is left up to me, I would definitely decide on putting out the choice between Remaking the World From Cavemen levels to Remaking the setting at Futuristic times.

KaiiVii

I suppose we should wait for some more opinions then xD I hope this takes off though, I'm kinda excited

Interested

Good!:o)

If more players don't chime in, then I'll just take off.:)

Primarch

Quote from: Interested on February 04, 2011, 08:32:52 PM
But if the decision is left up to me, I would definitely decide on putting out the choice between Remaking the World From Cavemen levels to Remaking the setting at Futuristic times.

I'd rather start at caveman level, we can after all work up towards future times, thus experience more periods while we have less options for that by starting much later.

Interested

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2011, 08:42:09 PM
I'd rather start at caveman level, we can after all work up towards future times, thus experience more periods while we have less options for that by starting much later.

Good idea. There'd be ruins on the world left behind by previous people.

KaiiVii

Maybe a plot about conflict between the people who want to recover the tec of older times and those who think it is cursed?

Primarch

Quote from: Interested on February 04, 2011, 08:46:54 PM
Good idea. There'd be ruins on the world left behind by previous people.

Which I assume our Gods would have been a part of in their mortal lives? Since if we do start off as cavemen period our gods must have also been cavemen, unless they were apart of some now long extinct society that wiped themselves out with Nuclear Fire thousands of years ago or some such, and human life is just re-developing from scratch. : D

Interested

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2011, 08:51:21 PM
Which I assume our Gods would have been a part of in their mortal lives? Since if we do start off as cavemen period our gods must have also been cavemen, unless they were apart of some now long extinct society that wiped themselves out with Nuclear Fire thousands of years ago or some such, and human life is just re-developing from scratch. : D

Yep. :)
Sort of like Planet of the Apes, only not with Apes.

KaiiVii

Wait are we playing 'gods' aka just powerful regular or magical people, or Gods, Devine in reality?

Interested

Quote from: KaiiVii on February 04, 2011, 09:01:59 PM
Wait are we playing 'gods' aka just powerful regular or magical people, or Gods, Devine in reality?

Depends. . . if we decide to remake the world either as Spiritual beings that were brought forth by a mysterious force or if we decide to be Spiritual beings also mysterious enchanted by a magical force of energy.

The result would be the same.

Primarch

Quote from: Interested on February 04, 2011, 09:04:48 PM
Depends. . . if we decide to remake the world either as Spiritual beings that were brought forth by a mysterious force or if we decide to be Spiritual beings also mysterious enchanted by a magical force of energy.

The result would be the same.

I'd rather be either someone who has always existed as a god or become the divine embodiment of his "portfolio" as we've put it upon his death due to life deeds.

KaiiVii

I agree with always having been a god.

Primarch

Well this Godly being must return to his plane of existence and slumber a great slumber before the next age of man. But by all means feel free to continue discussing and plotting in my absence, I'll review tomorrow morning and assuming we're ready post an character bio.

By the way, the portfolio's above, are they all rather literal or strict in their meaning? Or would perhaps a God of "lightning" have control over storms/weather in general or is it really just limited to what it says on the lid?

Interested

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2011, 09:13:42 PM
Well this Godly being must return to his plane of existence and slumber a great slumber before the next age of man. But by all means feel free to continue discussing and plotting in my absence, I'll review tomorrow morning and assuming we're ready post an character bio.

By the way, the portfolio's above, are they all rather literal or strict in their meaning? Or would perhaps a God of "lightning" have control over storms/weather in general or is it really just limited to what it says on the lid?

Literal. For instance although I suggest that particularily powerful gods of Sky or some such could be able to control lightning. Just not as well as equal ranked lightning gods.