[5E] The Ostheim Irregulars! (closed)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 12, 2017, 08:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Too early and on too little sleep to look at everything properly just yet, but mirroring our dear Crash.

That said, do I spy with me faceplate-hidden eye that you're only disallowing unsocial grumpypants and grimdark mcbroodsalots? Sooo a reasonably social and party friendly person with questionable morals and the foresight not to put them on display around the more lawfully inclined would be fine?  :D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Blythe

Okie doke, initial & redone concept submitted. Thank you for the feedback & help with it, Red. ^^

RedPhoenix

Quote from: VonDoom on January 13, 2017, 01:42:39 AM
That said, do I spy with me faceplate-hidden eye that you're only disallowing unsocial grumpypants and grimdark mcbroodsalots?

Correct, Unsocial McGrumpyPants and Grimdark McBroodsalot are terrible people and may not enter this game! :)

QuoteSooo a reasonably social and party friendly person with questionable morals and the foresight not to put them on display around the more lawfully inclined would be fine?  :D

As long as those questionable morals aren't "does dickish things just to get away with it" it's probably fine. If you want to expand on your idea a little I can give better feedback. I'm very okay with counterculture/revolutionary types or types who think the ends justify the means provided I know what ends they are going for.

Quote from: Blythe on January 13, 2017, 01:53:42 AM
Okie doke, initial & redone concept submitted. Thank you for the feedback & help with it, Red. ^^

Very welcome! <3
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Whowhatwhere

Interest! I'm making a character now.

EDIT: human rogue
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

RedPhoenix

Okay, caught up on PMs.

Just so everyone knows, I'm giving critical feedback of everyone who submits characters. My goal is to build the best possible fit for the setting and character whose story I can best make fun and interesting based on what you want to play. Please nobody take it personal if certain concepts don't work or if I ask to rethink a point or two! I assure you this is happening to everyone and the goal is to make everything more fun long term! =)

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on January 13, 2017, 10:37:12 AM
Interest! I'm making a character now.

Yay!

Blythe

Got permission from Red to mention this in the interest check--I got my final concept hammered out. I'll be playing (if accepted!) Marwyn Rivers, a human fighter, young and still fairly idealistic.  ;D Heavy armor and a shield, looking at a good Con score--is likely he'll be a good tank.

Crash

Working through fleshing out concepts.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

RedPhoenix

I've had a few questions from people about what others are submitting. I have no problem if anyone wants to say what they are thinking of!

So far Fighter, Rogue, and Monk have attracted the most interest. This doesn't mean others can't be those classes though. I honestly don't really care much if we end up with all of the same class or no spellcasters or all spellcasters or whatever. I want people to play what they think is fun and with all the different way 5e characters can end up multiple of the same class doesn't mean they'll be similar at all to actually play.

Geeklet

Im working on a half orc warlock/possible barbarian blend. It works in my head. trust me.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Chulanowa

Interested as well, just gotta read over the background stuff.

NinjaWeazel

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 13, 2017, 10:18:09 AM
Unsocial McGrumpyPants and Grimdark McBroodsalot are terrible people and may not enter this game! :)

But... thats BOTH of my character templates WAT DO NAO?!

Geeklet

Also, what if the character seems to be Unsocial McGrumpyPants only because thats what society expects out of her?

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Geeklet on January 13, 2017, 02:19:50 PM
Im working on a half orc warlock/possible barbarian blend. It works in my head. trust me.

It blends you say? Well as long as they are only one class to start out with! :D

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 13, 2017, 03:09:09 PM
Interested as well, just gotta read over the background stuff.

Hope you like it!

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on January 13, 2017, 03:11:14 PM
But... thats BOTH of my character templates WAT DO NAO?!

Oh I dunno, make a good character? :P

Quote from: Geeklet on January 13, 2017, 03:11:55 PM
Also, what if the character seems to be Unsocial McGrumpyPants only because thats what society expects out of her?

Depends on what you mean by 'seems.' If you mean 'looks like she wouldn't be social' that's fine. If you mean 'actually isn't social' than that would be a problem.

Also character sheets will go here once the concept/background stuff is approved and will be worked on between me and the player. You can see me and Blythe are working at his fighter there. :)

NinjaWeazel

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 13, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
Oh I dunno, make a good character? :P

It's like you dont even know me! *runs off, slams door*

Devil's Advocate

Do any of you have jobs that you all are getting characters pumped out so quickly?! Geesh! I only got to read half last night before I crashed. Hopefully I can read the rest this evening and get a character done.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

NinjaWeazel

I have a job! And I havent even PMed Red about a character, so don't feel alone haha.

Blythe

I primarily work from home.  :P Though I've been reading along with the world building thread while it was in-progress for quite a while now (since about mid-December), so it's not so much that I'm fast making a character. Is more that I had time to think it over for much longer than what it might initially seem. Have actually had well over two weeks to conceptualize the idea and scribble notes about it. <_<

Chulanowa

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on January 13, 2017, 03:37:49 PM
It's like you dont even know me! *runs off, slams door*

"I identify as a Reaper main. This IS the real me, dad!"

GranoxFirewind

I read quickly, and a character concept materialized out of thin air.

Rummy Tum Tum

Hehe, Reaper...

I like big guns and I cannot lie
You other undead can't deny
'Cause when a team walks in I get all up in their face and I spin glide 'round the place and they DIE~

I'm not entirely sure why I did that XD

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2017, 05:19:47 PM
Hehe, Reaper...

I like big guns and I cannot lie
You other undead can't deny
'Cause when a team walks in I get all up in their face and I spin glide 'round the place and they DIE~

I'm not entirely sure why I did that XD

Because you could?
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

RedPhoenix

I had today off so I've made a lot of progress on stuff people have sent me. If I hadn't you'd all probably still be waiting for the first response. :)

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

Whowhatwhere--I really like your character backstory for Bast! The pirate angle's really neat, and I really like how Bast got his job offer for the Irregulars.  ;D