Re:Roman Camp Half-Blood: Looking for more Demigods! Roman Myth based game!

Started by Aiden, June 19, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Looks good, character is approved.

A little info on guns. Ammo will be hard for you to pick up, the smiths mostly focus on older weaponry. I am not saying it is impossible, we have plenty of children of Vulcan but if you want more ammo, you will need to work it out IC.

In essence, treat your ammo like you in a resident evil game.

Also it takes about 5-6 shots for a monster to gun down by bullets, making direct attacks much more efficient either way.

Post your character sheet here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110888.0

I have an idea on how to bring you into the game, you do not need to read all the other threads but you can if you want an idea on some of the epic story plots going on in this game.

Snake

He just has them because his mother knew that Imperial Gold was the only way to harm those monsters and worked out a deal with Mars to get a supply of it to make weapons or something but didn't get a whole lot of it. Maybe enough to make two clips worth of ammo or something. (they more coated in it, like lead shot coated in the gold.)

and can I ask what that idea may be?

Aiden

Yea, its cool if he has them but many see it as an infective manner of combat. Mars will not condone his son using guns, he is a sword fan himself even if he does carry a shotgun (for appearances mostly)

He can keep them as a keepsake to remember his mother, but once in camp most likely he will be taught how to be a beast with those claws so guns won't be really needed.  XD

Writersblockade

Okay...cooked this one up. Let me know what you think!

Name: Gordon Walker
God or Goddess Parent: Ceres
Claimed or Unclaimed: Unclaimed

Any Background Info: Gordon is the son of a honorably discharged Marine by the name of Elijah Walker. A dedicated soldier, Walker saw action in the Persian Gulf, and a few lesser known “peace-keeping” missions before that. Gordon never got the nerve to ask his father what he’d done until his early teens. His father just got quiet and shook his head after a day on the field and spoke the words that still cling to Gordon’s heart…”I hope you never know...”

Though he takes more after his father in size and temperament, it was his father’s cruel instruction that curbed his natural need to fight. Through the pain of his father's hand and extra chores, Gordon understood the price of a fight was pain during and after the event itself, and to be prepared for the consequences each time he wanted to lift his fist. It trained him to think twice about a conflict. Was there a fight needed? Could there be another way? Slowly, over the years, through hunts and camping trips Elijah had burned his idea of a soldier into his son, without giving him the inclination to wear a uniform. It was fine by him, as the poor boy would have enough problems down the road.

It would be another few years before Gordon would know the truth. With a look that could only be connected with the words “are you fucking with me?”, Elijah told his son of how he came to be. How, in his desperate attempt to find peace after experiencing the horrors of war, he’d brought a farm. He explained that the lives he took could never be given back, but if he could somehow make things grow with hands that had been bathed in blood, he’d be able to give something back to the world. One day, he’d met a woman after a long day of making a run at nothing. Gordon heard how the field was nothing before her, and how everything they harvested was with her blessing.

She told him her name was Faye, and he thought they would be together forever. Though Elijah never knew it, his attempt to farm moved her in a way not felt for many years, and she’d picked him out of something other than boredom, and gave him the only gifts she could. A strong, fertile field, and Gordon, his greatest accomplishment. Gordon could barely believe it, had damn near run off until his father focused on him with those eyes he had. There was no lie there, only a scar laid bare by a man with far too many of them.

He’d learned he was a demigod, made to serve a higher calling. Raised to serve an ideal long thought dead. It was the first time he’d ever saw his father cry. Maybe it was because he felt his son would have to atone for the sins of his father, or maybe it was because he could no longer guide him. Like a deal already made, his fate would point him in another direction, and quite possibly to a fight he couldn’t walk away from.

Fatal Flaw: The belief that everyone deserved a chance makes him a good friend to have, but to place trust in those undeserving could very well get him killed.
Weapon or Skill: Gordon’s been trained in the use of firearms and close quarter knife fighting. The outdoors life has also made him handy with an axe, but more for utility rather than fighting. He’s an accomplished hunter and tracker, who favors a bow over firearms
Physical Description: Gordon stands a good 6’5 and 240 lbs and lean, corn fed stock. He has chocolate skin that turns darker in the sun, almond brown eyes and what many would consider a kind face. Ruggedly handsome would fit him to a T.

Extra info- will help me develop quest/ideas for the game.
Future Goals He’s recently been told he was a demigod. What Goals?
Fears War. If something existed that could make such a devastating scar on a man as strong as his father, why would he seek it out?
Likes Tending fields, painting, and the feel of the sun on his back
Dislikes Braggarts and Bullies.

*There's no picture for the guy I have in mind. I wanted someone closely modeled with Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin (X-men's Colossus), except black lol. If I ever find a good pic, I'll post it!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Aiden

Quote from: Snake on August 16, 2011, 02:30:52 PM
He just has them because his mother knew that Imperial Gold was the only way to harm those monsters and worked out a deal with Mars to get a supply of it to make weapons or something but didn't get a whole lot of it. Maybe enough to make two clips worth of ammo or something. (they more coated in it, like lead shot coated in the gold.)

and can I ask what that idea may be?

I have a subplot involving a human seer an old woman and her aged protector about to be attacked by dire wolves. I can mesh your intro into that. The Roman Questing party will be meeting up with that human seer soon and if you are around you can be taken to the camp with them. It will give you some time to RP with Curvy's seer, prepare you for the camp before the Roman's arrive.

Let me know what you think, if that does not work I can think of something else.

Writer's blockade, character is approved.

Post your character sheet here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110888.0

Do you have any ideas on how your character learned of the camp? Right now I have a faun party in Southern California driving towards the camp, maybe a meeting by chance at a truck stop.

Writersblockade

Thanks Aiden!

I was thinking about the travel to camp. Maybe he sees Lupa in a dream at that truck stop and is drawn to her. He'd feel where it was more than know for sure, but would end up meeting the party there. I also like the idea of him receiving an imperial gold Roman dagger as a gift from his mother at the start of his trip. Let me know what you think
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

CurvyKitten

WOOT..my great protector, hehe. Maybe he was one of the ones Mari saw coming...or maybe she sees him coming in one of her visions hence the reason she trusts him when the wolfs attack. Shrugs~ all kinds of options there...

Aiden

Quote from: Writersblockade on August 17, 2011, 04:44:11 AM
Thanks Aiden!

I was thinking about the travel to camp. Maybe he sees Lupa in a dream at that truck stop and is drawn to her. He'd feel where it was more than know for sure, but would end up meeting the party there. I also like the idea of him receiving an imperial gold Roman dagger as a gift from his mother at the start of his trip. Let me know what you think

Imperial gold dagger is fine, if you had a dream you can make your intro in this thread. I think you read the books, you know it is not uncommon for demigods to have nightmares, dreams of certain things.

If you want to stir things up, you can be fending off a monster of your choosing. No minotaur he is dead and still needs to reform. Biker Cyclops would work, the people you will be meeting up with soon just fended off half a dozen.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112388.75

We have a posting tag/header system, fillied it out for the most part you can change around some of the optional stuff.

[float=left]img here 100px x 100px[/float] <--- Optional
[b]Name / occupation:[/b] Gordon Walker / (Something you want here)
[b]Camp / Parent / C or UC:[/b] Roman / Ceres / Unclaimed
[b]Location:[/b] Truck stop in Souther California
[b]Tagged:[/b] A pair of fauns and  two school girls?
[i]*insert witty quote - optional*[/i]

Snake

That works for me but where do I go to post?  I'm still al ittle lost on that part of it.

midnight diamond

There is a link in Aiden's post above yours where you can make your initial post. ^.^

Aiden

Quote from: Snake on August 18, 2011, 11:56:09 AM
That works for me but where do I go to post?  I'm still al ittle lost on that part of it.
]

PM incoming

Kendra

Welcome to the game guys ;)

Looking forward to reading up on your characters.
Will have their wiki pages sorted during the week ;)

Kendra

The game is alive and buzzing, so any one interested should genuinely come on board as soon as possible.
We are in need of more male characters for the time being but that will change again soon enough no doubt.

some notes in relation to the game...

1. The Roman camp is not for the weak.
2. The Lupa, director of the camp raises the campers from age 2 and will not think twice about letting a child die if it is not strong enough.
3. The camp is located somewhere in the Bay Area.
4. The Roman versions of the Greek Pantheon are the parents, they are more warlike, disciplined and formal.
5. The Roman and Greek camps have been kept secret from one another after the Demigod Civil war which occurred around the time of the US Civil War. This is helped by the 'mist' - any questions pertaining to this pm myself or Aiden or check it out on the camphalfblood wiki
6. Undetermined demigods will be accepted to camp (those who are still unclaimed by their parents and who have not been in camp since the age of 2)
7. If you wish to create a character based on one of the minor gods then please contact Aiden, as he will hash out the powers to go with these gods with you
8. The game is free form but the plot master (Aiden) moves the game at a great pace, his plot bunnies go into overload which makes the game pretty damn awesome
9. This is NOT a sex based game - seriously!
There has yet been no activity in that area and still those of us in the game ~ adore the game. Many GGs always say that they aren't a sb game but this one genuinely isn't. There will be some at some stage I'm sure but it's thanks to the awesome plot genius we have that renders this as yet obsolete. There has been battles, deception, intrigue, monsters galore and plenty of eye candy.

All links and a character sheet for your biography can be found on the first post of this thread - LINKAGE please click here

notes when making your biography:
*if you are creating an already established camp member and using one of the minor gods, please note that none of these gods have their own cabins but stay instead in the cabin belonging to the god Mercury whether they've been claimed or not.
Many gods are extremely forgetful and tend not to claim their children at all - some for a long time unless they have performed a quest or done some deed that gets their parents attention.
*all established campers will have tattoos, they will be in relation to their parent for those claimed and for those unclaimed or undetermined - a line for each year at camp is given. Those claimed also receive this line.
list of gods with their possible tattoo symbol

Mars: The Boar or  Dog
Juno:  The Peacock or Cow
Venus: the Dove | Sparrow | dolphins or seashells
Vesta: Fire, Hearth
Vulcan: The Hammer
Minerva: The Owl
Mercury: Caduseus or Winged Sandals
Apollo: The Rising Sun with arrows as the rays or  The Lyre
Diana: Stag | the Moon or silver bow
Ceres: Wheat
Cupid: Love Arrows
Discordia: Golden Apple of Discord
Mors: A pair of Drachmas
Nox: either a winged goddess or charioteer, sometimes crowned with an aureole of dark mist.
Rivalitas: Balance | scales  or measuring rod
Sol: A chariot pulled by four horses | rayed headdress | the whip (he drives his four horses with) or a globe
Proserpina: the pomegrante or the narcissus
Bacchus: Grapes | wine cups and wineskins or a Thyrsus
Janus: Key, Door | surnise | sunset or the numbers 300 and 65
Iris: Rainbow
Somnos: Poppy
Trivia: Paired Torches | keys or dogs
Ops: her image holding a wrapped stone | her image seated upon a throne or in a chariot or lions in attendance to her.
Juvantas: ivy sprigs or her image carrying a pitcher and cup
Somnia: Poppy | ruby | a helmet or bag of sand
Pax: A plump olive
Fortuna: a goats horn
Flora: stalk of grain or flowers

the following is a list of the gods that are available;

Main gods

• Apollo, (Apollo)
  • Mars,  (Ares)
  • Mercury, (Hermes)
  • Vulcan, (Hephaestus)
  • Juno, (Hera)
  • Minerva, (Athena)
  • Venus, (Aphrodite)
  • Ceres, (Demeter)
  • Vesta, (Hestia)

Minor gods
  • Cupid: (Eros)
  • Discordia: (Eris)
  • Mors: (Thanatos)
  • Rivalitas: (Nemesis)
  • Sol: (Helios)
  • Proserpina: (Persephone)
  • Bacchus: (Dionysus)
  • Janus: (no Greek equivalent)
  • Iris: (Iris)
  • Nox: (Nyx)
  • Somnos: (Hypnos)
  • Trivia: (Hecate)
  • Ops: (Rhea)
  • Juvantas: (Hebe)
  • Pax: (Eirene)
  • Fortuna: (Tyche)
  • Flora: (Chloris)
Fortes fortunam iuuare

Josietta

The main plot is moving into play if people want to get in its a good time! We have lots of great writers and roleplay!  Aiden and Kendra keep things moving smoothly and have no issues getting new people in with ease!  Come join us! Join the ranks of DemiGods!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kendra

*chuckles* actually I think that's Aiden who gets them all in smoothly - I'd simply drag them in kicking and screaming otherwise  ;D

Amelita

I'm having serious trouble not to read that as an innuendo... ::) But yes, these two do a good job of running a great game. A lot of great writers, good structure, story-based so it's really not just another reason to undress a god-like man/ goddess of a woman :P

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Aiden

Updating the list of gods we have available at this time.

Main gods

• Apollo, (Apollo)
  • Mercury, (Hermes)
  • Vulcan, (Hephaestus)
  • Minerva, (Athena)
  • Venus, (Aphrodite)
  • Ceres, (Demeter)

(PM if you wish to play a minor good before, to arrange skills)

Minor gods
  • Cupid: (Eros)
  • Discordia: (Eris)
  • Rivalitas: (Nemesis)
  • Sol: (Helios)
  • Bacchus: (Dionysus)
  • Janus: (no Greek equivalent)
  • Iris: (Iris)
  • Somnos: (Hypnos)
  • Trivia: (Hecate)
  • Ops: (Rhea)
  • Juvantas: (Hebe)
  • Pax: (Eirene)
  • Fortuna: (Tyche)
  • Flora: (Chloris)

Karasu

hey Aiden I was kinda wondering if I could make twin guys of Janus now that I'm used to the system, that alright?
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kendra

Absolutely ;)
myself and Aiden have a bunch of npc characters which makes it seem like we have so many more but we probably have one maybe two pc characters each which is the limit we set for every one.
The concept of the twins is great Karasu but if we allow you to make the third thanks to one being a twin then every one else will want to make another and then it's close to anarchy  >:)

Perhaps one person but with a duo personality?

Karasu

mm I can do that, have done so before with comical results. only hard part is finding a decent pic, and writing it out right. Let me see whatI can find and I'll PM you with the concept sheet sound good?

Kendra

no worries and it does sound like it could be comical ;)
if you need help trawling for a pic let me know - always happy to help

Aiden

A dual personality would totally fit a child of Janus anyway, and what Kendra said is right we only allow our current players 2 characters at this time. 

Karasu

ya I would actualy. though like I said, a member who plays a daughter of apollo has offered to make another character a twin of my own, soo I might do both ideas XD or we just might have an "oposite personality twin" thing XD I'll have to see XD