The Taking of Persephone - F seeking M for Greek Mythology Game

Started by LtRipley, September 25, 2016, 02:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtRipley

Please check my o/o's before contacting me, there's a link in my sig :)

The Rape of Persephone (I left the 'rape' out of the title so as not to mislead anyone, I'm not looking for rape or hard noncon here) is one of my most favorite Grecian myths. For those unfamiliar with the story, this is a quick summary:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hades the god of the Underworld came to the world of the living one day seeking to escape his loneliness and sees Persephone, daughter of Demeter the goddess of the earth, picking flowers with the nymphs. He's instantly enraptured with her beauty and life and kidnaps her to take her to the Underworld to be his wife. Long story short, she refuses to eat while she's there, her mother throws an epic, goddess fit and refuses to let anything on Earth grow until she gets her daughter back. Zeus demands Hades give her back and he reluctantly agrees but before she leaves he tricks her into eating six pomegranate seeds, binding her to the Underworld forever. He's still forced to give her back but she must return to the Underworld to be with him every year for six months, then goes back to the Earth for six months. During the six months that she's in the Underworld, Demeter refuses to let anything grow in protest and the Earth grows cold and unyielding. This was the Greek's way of explaining the changing seasons, during the fall and winter, Persephone is in the Underworld and Demeter lets nothing grow. Then she returns and life returns to the Earth.

I would love to do a retelling of this, staying either very true to the original story and making it a retelling, or we could put some sort of twist to it, though I wouldn't want to stray too far. It could be lighter and more humorous, or dark and twisted and dramatic. Either way I would certainly want this to be about their romance, as fluffy or as dark as we'd like it to be.

The characters themselves are certainly open for interpretation, Hades could be a lonely, socially awkward deity who means no harm and only wants Persephone to love him, or he could be darker and perfectly aware of what he's doing and is single minded in his pursuit. He could take her by force or he could trick her, or we could have it as a twist that Persephone goes with him willingly but her mother still refuses to accept her being in the Underworld. Persephone could be innocent and pure, as soft as the flowers she presides over, or she could be wild and fierce, though probably still rather naive.

Inspiration Pictures: (please note: Hades and Persephone do not have to look like this, I just like the general look and feel of these images)

LtRipley

bump! I swear I never stop wanting this game... won't anyone give it a chance? :(

The Master

Without hope, without reason, without reward, I am your friend.