Monster Hunter's Academy (RWBY Inspired, System- see post)

Started by ShadowFox89, October 14, 2013, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs

Welcome to Blitz Academy! Here, under the tutelage of Headmaster Zeus and his teaching staff, young hunters from across the world are trained to fight against the darkness. Blitz Academy is formerly one of the fortresses of the old Faunian Wars, a war that tore the continent apart. Now, with dark forces threatening the lands again, a new generation of heroes is needed.

This is just an interest check. I'd like to run this using the Legend system, HOWEVER that means that you'll only need to worry about mechanics in a fight.

If you are still interested after hearing about the system I'd like to use, good! That means I can start working on a setting and baddies. For races, both humans and animal-people (bunnygirls, catgirls, etc, they looks like humans with a tail and ears of the animal and maybe one or two other parts).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

xPeachyPuff

I'm somewhat interested, but I've never used any sort of system, ever. So that's kinda putting me off. I'll have to think about it and will keep an eye on this thread.

- Rainbow

ShadowFox89

It's an easy system to learn, and I will gladly walk you through the process of learning how to play it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

May I play?  You have great inspirational material and i'm starting to get comfortable with Legend system. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eternaldarkness

I'm in. I'll get you a character concept and a sheet as soon as possible.

Chaeronea

Shadowfox I'm not familiar woth the Legend system. Is there someplace I can get an overview of it?

Is this set in the modern world with secret magic and monsters like Buffy or Rosario Vampire? Or is it set  in a fantasy world where magic and monsters are common knowledge?

Are mages permitted to attend the Academy? Or are they automatically considered evil?

ShadowFox89

ruleofcool.com has all the information on Legend. It's a D20 system, but again it is easy to learn. If you have trouble, I'll try to walk you through making a character.

The setting depends on what everyone is interested and most comfortable with. The most obvious style is similar to Eberron: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DungeonPunk

Mages are completely permitted to attend, Professor Zeus is known to combine lightning magic and spear fighting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

Put me in for interest expressed, either with an insatiably-curious dragon-kin Sage or a family-legacy honorable Paladin type with possible side of Masked Hero.

ShadowFox89

It looks like we have at least enough interest for me to get working on a setting, so that's good. What I'd like to do, is a little something different. I'll randomly generate different parts of the setting and everyone will get to vote on which of the options they like best based on the information given.

Like so
test
Time Period: Modern
Shaping Force: Religion
Population: Fairly even mix with slight majority of one race
   Politics
Political Structure: tribes - often warring
Strong Influence: military
Popular Issue: ethics
Stability: rapidly disintegrating

Personal Freedoms: decent
Scandals: common
Foreign Relations: shaky
   Economy
Main Resource: mining - metals
Main Export: military-related
Main Import: textile-related
Trade: major surplus

Strength: very strong, but declining
Wealth: fairly even, but with a wealth gap
Ecology
Main Climate: temperate - forested
Ocean: none
Mountains: a few
Frequent Trouble: droughts

Wilderness: 14%
Wild Animals: very rare
Natural Resources: very scarce
   Culture
Highly Values: ethics
Known For: natural vistas
Popular Entertainment: politics
Respected Profession: athlete

Discrimination: age-based
Major Taboo: displays of affection
Major Social Ill: drugs
   Military
Strength: average
Focus: land
Main Unit: commandos

Soldiers: volunteers
Main Use: quenching rebellion
Magic
Occurrence: very common
Source: granted by spirits
Major Use: personal combat

Viewed: as normal
Enchanted Items: common
   Religion
Type: animism
Focus: repentance
Worship: solemn public sacrifices by all

Associated Artform: ballads
Prevalence: believed by many
Holidays: few
   Population
Urban: 70%
Rural: 30%
Literacy Rate: 76%

Gender Ratio: 0.55 male(s)/female
Fertility Rate: 2.1 children/family
Life Expectancy: 79.9 years
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

...with a few tweaks, that culture actually sounds like it could be a viable situation for a monster-hunting academy.  Gonna spitball here for a bit.

A society with a clannish or tribal bent, and a strong martial tradition, could easily make use of a group of specially-trained folk who officially claim no more than nominal allegiance to their parent tribe-- and thus, who have the social freedom to move between the lands and handle unusual or specialized trouble as it emerges.  When their time is done, they return to their house, strengthening it with the knowledge and the skills they've gained.

How do you export military services?  Mercenary contract work-- especially if there's a pressing need for skilled warriors to make war against the darkness.  Why is the political station destabilizing?  Arguments as to whether or not the nation's power should be so freely expended in merely serving other countries when their own lands are so poor, layered on top of ancient, generations-old tribal rivalries.  Families and tribes pay homage to particular lines of spirits, ancestors, elementals, fae, and little gods, and receive their boons to use against enemies.  A faith and religion that says "You are already far from the Divine by dint of your having been born," where mortals are seen as wandering souls who forsook the Good and the True and must atone accordingly, and the faith is kept in stories of those who have truly passed back into holy places.

A school like this could well be a cross between the Deathwatch of 40K and Exalted's Lookshy.

ShadowFox89

I'd like to hear from others before getting working on the setting xP

And for those not sure about the system, I can walk you through character creation step by step.

To tide you over, here's a pantheon.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Chief Deities:

Aerir, the Goddess of the Sea, Prophecy and Medicine, is eerily beautiful, with very pale skin, short, flowing medium brown hair, and eyes the color of rusted metal. She is medium height and muscular, and often looks sly. She usually wears a cloak dyed dark bronze and medium red.
She is also associated with dawn and money. She is often worshipped by magic-users. Her numerous followers can be primarily distinguished by the rites they perform. There are numerous carvings of her just outside of cities. There are many myths involving her happy relationship with Aluphoei. She is the cousin of Dronev. She is known to hinder virtuous mortals.

Eraeoe, the Goddess of Birds, Evil and Death Rites, is unusually beautiful, with bronzed skin, long, white hair, and eyes the color of banked coals. She is very short and of hearty build, and looks rather smug. She usually wears light armor dyed medium green and dark yellow.
She is also associated with mysteries. She is often worshipped by women. Her large numbers of followers can be primarily distinguished by their daily prayers. There are a few offerings to her in most cities. There are many myths involving her scandalous relationship with Aluphoei. She is the wife of Dronev. She is known to challenge random mortals.

Other Deities:

Aluphoei, the Goddess of Sorrow, is blindingly beautiful, with ashen skin, waist length, wavy pale golden hair, and eyes the color of spring greenery. She is medium height and very muscular, and rarely laughs. She usually wears formal attire dyed grey and green-brown.
She is also associated with destruction. She is often worshipped by priests. Her few followers can be primarily distinguished by the rites they perform. There are a large number of sacrifices to her in small villages. There are many myths involving her unlikely friendship with Eraeoe. She is the wife of Dronev. She is known to hinder peasants who ask for aid.

Dronev, the Goddess of Jesters, is shockingly beautiful, with sallow skin, short, curly light brown hair, and eyes the color of sparkling amber. She is tall and broad-shouldered, and often appears angry. She usually wears simple robes dyed gold and blue-black.
She is also associated with dogs and music. She is often worshipped by warriors. Her few followers can be primarily distinguished by their daily prayers. There are a large number of carvings of her in large cities. There are many myths involving her lustful relationship with Eraeoe. She is the sister of Naelu. She is known to occasionally mislead virtuous mortals.

Isaezyao, the God of Solstices, the Underworld and Winter, is an exotic beauty, with very pale skin, long, curly flaming red hair, and eyes the color of lightning bolts. He is tall and of average build, and almost never smiles. He usually wears rich robes dyed yellow-green and grey-blue.
He is also associated with madness, whistling and the sky. He is often worshipped by youths. His vast flocks of followers can be primarily distinguished by the shrines in their homes. There are a large number of shrines to him at the edge of forests. There are many myths involving his competetive relationship with Aluphoei. He is the son of Caidi. He is known to hinder random mortals.

Caidi, the Goddess of Souls and Wrath, is an exotic beauty, with fair skin, shoulder length, flowing red-gold hair, and eyes the color of dark rubies. She is very tall and very muscular, and usually has a guarded expression. She usually wears a tattered cloak dyed dark green and blue-green.
She is also associated with misery, graves and magic. She is often worshipped by the elderly. Her large numbers of followers can be primarily distinguished by the shrines in their homes. There are widespread sacrifices to her in large cities. There are many myths involving her ongoing arguements with Naelu. She is the wife of Aluphoei. She is known to give help to mortals seeking vengeance.

Dae, the God of Luck and Spring, is surprisingly ugly, with ashen skin, waist length, swirling dark brown hair, and eyes the color of moonlight. He is very short and willowy, and often looks sly. He usually wears a hooded cloak dyed yellow-orange.
He is also associated with disease and brawls. He is often worshipped by the wealthy. His many followers can be primarily distinguished by their ritual scars. There are a respectable amount of sacrifices to him in small villages. There are many myths involving his enduring friendship with Naelu. He is the brother of Dronev. He is known to send visions to great mortal heroes.

Naelu, the God of Debts and Theatre, is blindingly beautiful, with copper skin, long, light grey hair, and eyes the color of bright emeralds. He is very tall and willowy, and is usually laughing. He usually wears scant clothing, dyed medium yellow and pale violet.
He is also associated with day. He is often worshipped by the poor. His many followers can be primarily distinguished by the weapons they bear. There are many statues of him in most villages. There are many myths involving his illicit relationship with Aerir. He is the son of Isaezyao. He is known to send visions to mortal warriors.

Another option for a pantheon:

Chief Deity:

Fri, the Goddess of Nature, Spring and Autumn, is blindingly beautiful, with pale skin, long, rippling red-brown hair, and eyes the color of red wine. She is very tall and slender, and tends to look sad. She usually wears chain mail dyed light grey and gold.
She is also associated with disease. She is often worshipped by the wealthy. Her few followers can be primarily distinguished by the weapons they bear. There are more than a few statues of her in small villages. There are many myths involving her unhappy relationship with Laedar. She is the sister of Zuphus. She is known to give help to charismatic mortals.

Other Deities:

Jeatos, the God of Celebration and Justice, is shockingly beautiful, with tanned skin, long, wavy bright red hair, and eyes the color of bluejay eggs. He is medium height and willowy, and often seems angry. He usually wears simple robes dyed blue-violet.
He is also associated with resurrection. He is often worshipped by magic-users. His few, but dedicated followers can be primarily distinguished by the charms they carry with them. There are numerous altars dedicated to him in cities. There are many myths involving his lustful relationship with Laedar. He is the father of Painer. He is known to challenge random mortals.

Reaarri, the God of Mysteries, Travel and Inspiration, is blindingly beautiful, with fair skin, shoulder length, flowing dark red hair, and eyes the color of deep pits. He is very tall and muscular, and often appears angry. He usually wears a hooded cloak dyed pale brown.
He is also associated with death rites. He is often worshipped by wanderers. His many followers can be primarily distinguished by the weapons they bear. There are a respectable amount of shrines to him at crossroads. There are many myths involving his epic battles with Zuphus. He is the brother of Xaeao. He is known to have relationships with mortal warriors.

Xaeao, the God of Jesters, is an exotic beauty, with brown skin, waist length, red-brown hair, and eyes the color of the blue ocean. He is tall and very slender, and seldom smiles. He usually wears scant clothing, dyed dark blue.
He is also associated with innocence. He is often worshipped by women. His vast flocks of followers can be primarily distinguished by their tattoos. There are widespread sacrifices to him in military outposts. There are many myths involving his scandalous relationship with Painer. He is the cousin of Reaarri. He is known to give some help to mortal heroes.

Painer, the God of Strength and the Wilderness, is surprisingly ugly, with bronzed skin, short, flaming red hair, and eyes the color of amethyst. He is very tall and very slender, and looks somewhat malicious. He usually wears little clothing, dyed golden-brown.
He is also associated with holidays, death and birds. He is often worshipped by the elderly. His large numbers of followers can be primarily distinguished by the ritual greetings they use. There are a few statues of him on lonely roads. There are many myths involving his great debates with Reaarri. He is the brother of Fri. He is known to sometimes hinder mortal leaders.

Laedar, the God of Whistling, is divinely beautiful, with fair skin, short, rippling dark brown hair, and eyes the color of deep pools. He is very tall and of average build, and is usually frowning. He usually wears a tattered cloak dyed dark brown and bright blue.
He is also associated with flowers and sleep. He is often worshipped by wanderers. His vast flocks of followers can be primarily distinguished by their ritual scars. There are more than a few depictions of him in meadows. There are many myths involving his affair with Jeatos. He is the cousin of Painer. He is known to give advice to mortals with quests.

Zuphus, the Goddess of Duels, Dreams and Water, is divinely beautiful, with dark skin, short, auburn hair, and eyes the color of shining silver. She is short and very muscular, and rarely laughs. She usually wears light and airy robes dyed dark aqua.
She is also associated with the hearth and strife. She is often worshipped by wanderers. Her few followers can be primarily distinguished by the holidays they observe. There are a respectable amount of shrines to her near bridges. There are many myths involving her competetive relationship with Painer. She is the cousin of Fri. She is known to give aid to random mortals.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

I *think* I like Legend... still forming an opinion on it, but I'll throw my hat in here.

ShadowFox89

Okay, so, we have:
xSnorkleRainbow
Muse
EternalDarkness
Chaeronea
Jarick
Ghostwheel

I'd like to get confirmations from Snorkle, Chaeronea, and Jarick that they're still interested in the game, then I can get the setting posted up and such.

Edit: Character generation is level 2, standard array. If you need help I can walk you through things.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

ShadowFox89

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188452.0

I'll write more up on the setting over time, and if you need any setting points written out let me know. There are 11 tribes, 10 human and one Blooded. The Blooded are essentially an excuse for me to include monstergirls in the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

alextaylor

OMG! omgomgomgomg! Why haven't I noticed this before?

RWBY looks awesome. I'm going to spend pretty much all my free time watching those clips. Legend looks awesome too. Not perfect, but I needed a replacement for D&D and it goes through that just fine. And I've been looking for an adult monster huntress game for a while now. I'm a real sucker for both Steampunk and Dungeonpunk for a while now.

Alas, I'm short on time these days and stretching it between a few other games. And the Legend manual is rather thick to skim through.

If this has elements of Extreme/monster rape/tentacle impregnation kind of stuff, I'd drop pretty much every other hobby I'm doing and help you build worlds and whatever you like.
O/O

ShadowFox89

Well, the elements depends on what the group as a whole is willing to go for. I'm not going to force anyone into a situation that they don't want. So if the rest of the group is fine with going into the extreme/monster rape/tentacle impreg then it might be possible.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Hrmmm, was going to play a female originally, but since one of my no-nos is my character getting raped, I might change to male since it seems to happen less often to them... :-\

ShadowFox89

If you don't want your character being raped, it won't happen.

Let me make this clear.

I will never put your character in a situation that conflicts with your offs. If you feel a situation is approaching one of your offs, I will change things around.[/u]
Call me Shadow
My A/A

alextaylor

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 26, 2013, 11:55:35 AM
Well, the elements depends on what the group as a whole is willing to go for. I'm not going to force anyone into a situation that they don't want. So if the rest of the group is fine with going into the extreme/monster rape/tentacle impreg then it might be possible.

Ha, yeah, just asking because the thread itself doesn't make the limits clear. I'm ok with a softer version too. It doesn't need the group to be involved, getting raped by NPCs is more a GM kink than anything ;) Just as long as nobody gets squicked out about it.
O/O

ShadowFox89

If need be, I can always do a separate thread for more extreme stuff.

And, again, if anyone needs help with a character let me know and I'll walk them through the process. We're starting at level 1 so that everyone can get a feel for the system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

alextaylor

Chacter:Ariel
Ariel Glitterstorm

Race: Human

Class: Barbarian
Barbarian - Dervish Path of War (Medium)
- War Dance

Barbarian - Path of the Ancestors (Fast)
- 1st Circle: Guidance

Switch track: Vigilante (Slow)

10 HP/level
KOM Dex
KDM Con

Ability scores:
+2 to dexterity from human
Strength 12
Dexterity 18
Constitution 14
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 10
Charisma 14

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Stealth
Intimidate
Ride (+1 from human)
Perception

Feats:
On A Pale Horse [Iconic]
To Iron Married [Combat]

Items:
Light Chain Armor

Bladed Gauntlets +1
Melee, range [Melee], [Brutal], [Traumatizing], [Parrying], +1 to attack
Wolverine-styled claws come out of her gauntlets.

Wrist Rocket Launchers
Ranged, range [Medium], [Quick-draw], [Elemental Electricity], [Brutal]
Small rockets shoot out of her wrists, charged with sharp electrically charged darts.

Background:
Ariel killed her first creature at the age of 6. She killed her first man at the age of 14. She's signed up for just about every battle and war effort and became a front line soldier. But her tribe is just a little too eager to peace, and she finds herself quite restless. They also found her just a little too bloodlusty and often made excuses to keep her from joining the battles, because the methods she used disturbed the people on her own side.

Monster hunting was the perfect calling for her. Constant battles with no guilt and plenty of rewards. Killing a human was boring. They all acted the same way and had the same limits. Killing a monster needed different tactics. They bled differently and their guts were all different.

She came to Blitz Academy seeking a productive career in monster slaying.

Went for a multiclass character, so check that I'm doing it right. I don't really know how to format the character sheet since there so much stuff. Will add to it later for quick referencing.

My Limits are scat and pain. I don't like torture/bdsm scenes.
I'd say I dislike gore, but only because it's usually done poorly. Iffy on things like foot fetish, girl on girl, RL religion metaphors.
O/O

ShadowFox89

It looks good, though I'd like to warn you that, mechanics wise, Vigilante is hard to combine with other classes. What were you thinking up, in terms of fluff, as Ariel's fighting style? What is it that you want out of Vigilante?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chaeronea

For my character I was thinking of doing up a martial character who has been trained as a dedicated bodyguard for spellcasters on the battlefield. I was originally thinking something like a DnD 4th edition swordmage, but from what I've seen in Legend the best martial defensive type is a paladin. My idea is for my character who was taught by a clan of warriors in service to a clan of mages, with the warriors being protectors on the battlefield like the Japanese yojimbo of the samurai era. 

Also, with the mix of magic and technology, how advanced is the tech? Is it the flintlock and muzzle-loader era like in some of the D&D settings like Eberron and the later days of the Forgotten Realms? Or is the technology as advanced as or more advanced than modern day tech, like in RWBY of Final Fantasy 7/8/10/13?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

alextaylor

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 27, 2013, 01:29:48 AM
It looks good, though I'd like to warn you that, mechanics wise, Vigilante is hard to combine with other classes. What were you thinking up, in terms of fluff, as Ariel's fighting style? What is it that you want out of Vigilante?

I actually liked everything in the track. The cool armor and escape ride. The kicks. The finishing move which gives her a cool unarmed attack without having to do monk tracks. Those other moves in the track are not bad either, kinda complementing the barbarian moves and good replacements for the ones she took out.

But if it's hard to use, I could just go with the full barbarian tracks, since this one would be a slow track anyway. I was going for like a loud DPS sociopath kinda character.

And the weapons seem a bit... boring comparing to to the RWBY style. The mechanics are all there to make our own, so maybe we just do that but justify how it works in terms of the mechanics.

BTW any dungeon crawling in this game? I'm fine either way, but just curious.
O/O

Cessali

A couple of thoughts I'm juggling between, will likely pick between them based on one part impulse one part group harmony.

Both have been modified significantly, at least mechanically, from their original methods.

Rylan Blackhammer - Child of the Anvil, Human Paladin/Knight
Character Sheet

Concept: Honest Young Stalwart
Class: Paladin, Multiclass Knight, Full Buy-In Path of Destruction

STR 18
DEX 12
CON 14 (DR 1)
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 14

PALADIN
BAB Good
GOOD SAVES Fort, Will
Fort +5
Ref +0
Will +3

KOM Str
KDM Cha
AWARENESS 12
HP 24

Athletics (Str) (+5 Movement Speed)
Vigor (Con) +3 (Racial Bonus, Feat)
Lore: Engineering (Int)
Intimidation (Cha)
Perception (Wis)

RACIAL
+1 (+1/8 levels) racial bonus any skill, +1 Armor Class

FEATS
Blacksmith | Armor Item bonus to AC increases by one.  Deflection AC bonuses or Guardian weapons increases by one.  Item bonus to attack rolls increases by +1.  Improves at 6th Level.
Martial Magister | All saving throws from ??? skills are +2 DC.  +2 Feat bonus to Bull Rush, Disarm, and Trip.  +2 Feat bonus to

JUDGEMENT: Seven Circles of Knowing
Knowing: Become aware of the moral and ideological predilictions of any sentient creature, radius 15ft+5ft per Judgement circle.  +4 Awareness and Perception.  [Bastion]

DEDICATION: Virtue
1st: Swift Action: Once/Encounter, create/place a Font within 10ft(+5/2lvls).  At start of turn, Font heals single target ally in Close range for 2+KDM+Level.  Fonts last 2xKDM rounds.

KNIGHT
1st: Emerges at 2nd Level

FULL BUY-IN - Path of Destruction
1st: Swift action: Once/round, on doing damage with successful attack, compare attack roll to target adjacent opponent.  If equal or greater to target's AC, also do damage to that opponent.

SHORT-HAND COMBAT
Attacks
- Suri, the Long Arm (Melee, +6 to hit, d6+7 damage, Brutal, Guardian, Reach
- Ryali, Far-Reaching Vengeance (Ranged, +6 to hit, d6+6 damage, Distant, Guardian, Quick-Draw)

AC: 19 (10 + KDM 2 + Armor 4 + Guardian 2 + Race)

ITEMS
Mundane
Suri, the Long Arm: A spear of his own manufacture, featuring a particularly long head and a sturdy shaft.  The weapon is simple by design; what makes it personal for him is the sandshark-skin hilt wrap, upon which Rylan has written the names of every member of his family that has died because of the war.  The names usually face inward.  Usually.
- Spear - Melee, range [Melee], Brutal 1, Guardian, Reach
- (+1 to hit, +1 AC), d6+1+KOM+Half Strength Mod

Ryali, Far-Reaching Vengeance: A high-caliber, medium-range sidearm fitted into the back of an oversized gauntlet.  Rylan uses this weapon when he can't just reach out and cut somebody.  The barrel extends and retracts when he holds a particular gesture, reducing its bulk when not in shooty mode and allowing him to use the weapon as an effective defensive tool.
- Gauntlet-mounted sidearm - Ranged, [Medium], Guardian, Distant, Quick-Draw

Ironfast
Heavy Armor - +3 AC, -1 Reflex (+1 AC Blacksmith)
Background/Concept

The story of Haisef is well known among his tribe: a blacksmithing genius in the Dawning Days of the world, who innovated the forging of iron into steel, and who took up arms when his children were abducted by rivals who sought the secret for themselves to smite the villains down.  Though steel is a secret that long ago ceased to be the sole property of the tribe (if it ever truly was theirs alone to begin with), Haisef's spirit is said to linger on the mortal realm even today, helping to inspire his descendants and stoking the fires of heroism in a handful.  Such souls are known as Children of the Anvil, and Rylan is one of them.

To be a Child of the Anvil is a great honor and a great burden.  As a child, there was little that suggested Rylan would be so blessed; he was bright, but undisciplined, prone to fits of fancy and daydreaming, more interested in history ballads than in perpetuating the tribe's glory and success.  This changed swiftly when he was eleven, when a particularly brutal attack from one of the tribe's rivals that week tore through a civilian population-- and Rylan firsthand saw the cost of passing the time in fancies.

A fire was lit beneath him that day that burns even now.  Rylan is much different from the dreamy-eyed child he was before: very serious (perhaps overly so), very competitive, and fiercely loyal to his people.  His hobbies have shifted to drafting and engineering rather than memorizing the old stories and playacting them out; while he doesn't have much in the way of natural talent for such things, he does have stubbornness, and that goes a long way towards proving things out.  He is quietly averse to making use of armaments he has not machined himself.

Rylan was gravely disappointed to hear from his adoptive parents that he was being chosen to go to Blitz Academy rather than join the tribal militias; he wanted very much to go to war and bring absolute feckless ruin to those who had hurt him and his family, but his loyalty prevents him even now from speaking out against his elders.  Right now, as far as he is concerned, the best way to serve the tribe is to do well-- and do well he shall.

Tyana Durgu Shedscale - The Overly Inquisitve Sort, Dragon-Blooded Tactician
Sheet

Concept: Inquisitive Gatherer of Things
Class: Tactician/Sage
Race: Blooded (Elf)

STR 10
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 18
WIS 14
CHA 12

Tactician/Sage
HP 18
BAB +Meh
[Ghostwise sight]
KOM Int
KDM Con
Fort: +1
Ref: +6
Will: +4

Tactical Insight
* Move Action: Knowledge Check DC (10+Level) against relevant Knowledge for enemy type.  If successful, self and allies in communication range gain the following bonuses...
1st: Gain either +3 to hit or +3 deflection AC against target enemy type.

Spellcasting
L1 x3, DC 14 (10+ half level + Int)
- Comprehend Languages: Comprehend (but not speak the language of) touched creature of writing for Scene.
- Dimensional Swap: Standard Action - Swap two target creatures in Medium range.
- Magic Missile!: Deal KOM damage per Circle to target Creature(s).  Force.  Reveals subjects.  No effect can reduce below 3 damage.

Sage's Wrath - Arcane Lore
1st: Black Tidings (AVAILABLE LEVEL 2)
Dread Wave | Standard Action: Wedge 20ft(+10ft/Circle) arc of Energy(Cold) or Magical(Negative) damage, KOM + 1d4/level, Save DC (10+half level + KOM+2) or Shaken.
Hammerfall | Standard Action: Target square, range 100ft(+15/character level) AOE 1, does 1d6/level Energy(Fire) or Physical.  Radius increases with Circle.  Reflex DC (10+half level+KOM+2) for half.

SKILLS
Vigor (Con)
Arcana (Int+2) - Covers magic and spellcasting, and magitech. (Aberration, Outsider)
Engineering (Int) - Covers mechanical devices and structures. (Construct)
Geography (Int) - Covers location knowledge. (Primordial)
History (Int) - Covers heroes and villains and the general past. (Legendary)
Medicine (Int) - Covers anatomy and biology.  (Humanoid, Giant, Undead)
Nature (Int) - Covers natural phenomena. (Animal, Fey, Magical Beast, Plant)
Diplomacy (Cha)
Perception (Wis)

FEATS
By Will Sustained - No longer need to eat or drink.  Cannot be Sickened.
Arcane Magister - Sage's Wrath track abilities are +2 DC.  +2 to all Arcana rolls.

COMBAT SHORTHAND
Focusing Incendiary Crystal (+4 to hit, 1d6+4 Fire damage, reduces Resistances by 2 against Fire and Spells/Supernaturals)
Focusing Arctic Crystal (+4 to hit, 1d6+4 Cold damage, reduces Resistances by 2 against Cold and Spells/Supernaturals)
May make 5ft step in addition to Move when active.
AC: 13 (10 + Armor + KDM)

ITEMS
Mundane
Focusing Incendiary Crystal - Melee, [Arcane], [Elemental] (Fire), Magnum, Reacting
Focusing Incendiary Crystal - Melee, [Arcane], [Elemental] (Cold), Magnum, Reacting
- Both of these crystals are set into a bracelet Tyana wears as a gift from her adoptive kin.  The appropriate crystal glows brightly when in use, and the active crystal must be unreadied before the other can be readied.
Heavy Robes - Armor (Light)
Another gift from her adoptive kin, these robes are made out of extraordinarily-resilient silk weave that offers some protection against danger.

Magic
None of yet.  The Blooded want to see just what she's capable of before they decide to make her any gifts...
Background/Concept

Most children wear their tribal allegiances on their sleeve.  Tyana did too, for a while; the only surviving child of a family wealthy enough to have at least partly-profited from the constant tribal wars of the past many years, she was indulged but never spoiled, bright beyond her years and eager to please.  Her life had been set out in front of her: she would marry well, bringing a skilled husband into the family line, and use the knowledge she so greedily devoured to further the tribe's fortunes in war, and Tyana was ready to obey.  Not only was it honorable, it was also her duty, and if it meant she could still go to school and university and more, then so much the better.

It was not to be.  Shortly after she turned thirteen, Tyana noticed strange changes shaping her body: a soreness on her skull, a strange scaly pattern on her legs and feet, and then-- impossibly-- the growth of a tail.  It wasn't long before she identified these changes with some dread; she was one of the Blooded.  When she revealed these things to her parents, they reacted... harshly.  It was Decided that she was actually under the effect of some terrible curse, and they would have to pull her out of school while they found someone who may be able to undo the damage that had been done.  Tyana did not take well to confinement, even if they did feed her books to keep her mind occupied... and they might have continued to keep her locked away indefinitely if the Light of her soul had not started making waves in the wrong circles.

Thankfully, the strange magic she instinctively called on to defeat the Darkness-spawn infiltrating her house one night only incinerated one wing of the mansion before it was put out.  Investigations unearthed the family secret: Belora and Whitman Durgu had birthed one of the Blooded, and the tribe of the Blooded immediately demanded she be remanded and adopted into their custody was per their rights amidst the tribes.  Tyana gladly submitted to having part of her power sealed away until she could learn to control it, though a strange set of would-be teachers intercepted her final transfer: the masters of Blitz Academy.  The Blooded tribe agreed after some discussion to allow her to be trained there after her formal adoption into their extended family.

Tyana's release from confinement has left her with mixed feelings about herself.  On the one hand, she is relieved to be free from the room she had been locked away in, deeply appreciative of her sponsors, and desperately eager to learn more about the cosmos than what the scant whispers she could read suggest; on the other hand, she of-yet feels little kinship with her newfound extended family, is still struggling with the certainty that she has become something she once looked down on, and is quietly terrified of the Darkness and its subtle appeals... for she remembers the offers that it made to a frightened, lonely girl, and knows how close she came to saying yes.

ShadowFox89

Alright, now that I'm more fully awake, fluff-wise responses:

Alex: From the looks of things, Ariel would have been 'invited' into the academy as what would be seen for her own protection and the safety of others. She'd be a huge target for the Darkness with all that rage and anger.

Jarick: Blackhammer and Shedscale both look interesting, and would have been invited into the academy for reasons different from each other. For Blackhammer, the tale of their ancestor is likely to attract forces of the Darkness, corrupting such a bloodline would be like turning a tale into a twisted mockery. For Shedscale, her ancestry would mean that discrimination from being a Blooded would make life rather difficult for her.

Mechanics side:

Alex: Vigilante is perfectly fine, it's just that the 2nd-circle ability of Dervish gives you a [bonus attack], which you wouldn't be able to make use of when using Brutal Kick. So if you don't want to make changes, the sheet looks good ^^' Not much dungeon crawling though, I'm looking at making things a bit episodic in nature.

Jarick: No glaring problems that I can see on either sheet.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Great. I'll start crunching numbers then and see what I can come up with.

How would the creation of a Blooded work out for race bonuses? Are you okay with the creation of our own racial bonuses as long as we stick to the guidelines listed in the rules and it makes sense or do you have a list of Blooded you're working on/have made that should be used?

ShadowFox89

Blooded is just a fluff term and also a way to let people play a race with something other than [humanoid] or one of the basic races. As long as your character has a bodily trait that is distinctly non-human, they're a Blooded. And you can craft your own race as long as you stick to the guidelines, yes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

Ehr mah gerd. I totally want in on this. I'm not that comfortable/familiar with the system, but I'm pretty good at picking up systems quickly, so I'm plenty willing to learn! :O
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

I'm heading to bed as I've got a looooong day tomorrow (not to mention early), but there's always the Legend IRC channel (#Legend on Gamesurge server) that you can ask around for mechanical advice in.

Game is not closed until I get more of the setting fleshed out and have at least four people with finished characters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

alextaylor

Need any help fleshing out the setting? We can help create faction backgrounds and stuff.
O/O

ShadowFox89

Ideas for factions such as magi orders, companies, tribe names, and Corrupted. Corrupted are humans and animals who have been influenced by the Darkness. I'll post the basic ones, but I'll take ideas for variants and any that you might want to see pop up.

Post all setting stuff in the setting thread though, let me make a few reserved posts first.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Here's my character. I hope you all like him. I had fun coming up with him.

Kell Ravenfinder- The Exploding Klepto Prodigy, Fox-Blooded Rogue/Combat Alchemist
Character Sheet

Name: Kell Ravenfinder
Concept:  The Exploding Klepto prodigy
Race: Fox Blooded

Class: Rogue/ Combat Alchemist

8 HP/level
BAB: Good
Good Saves: Reflex, Will
Poor Save: Fort
KOM DEX
KDM CHA
TAM CHA

Rogue – Estorica Radica (Fast)
- 1st Circle: Playing it Right: Pick two skills. You can take 10 on both these skills regardless of circumstances.  ( + 10 to Nature and Diplomacy)

Rogue: Assassin (Medium)
- 1st Circle:  Sneak Attack: Any time you make an attack that hits a [Flat-footed], [Helpless], [Confused], [Dazed], [Entangled], [Exhausted], [Stunned], [Shaken], [Frightened], [Cowering] or [Panicked] target, you deal 1d6 additional damage with the
[Precision] descriptor per Assassin circle that you possess, to a maximum of 7d6.

Rogue – Fortune’s Friend (Slow)
- 1st Circle: N/A

full buy-in track: Combat Alchemist
- 1st Circle:  Lesser Brewing:  At the beginning of each [Scene], you can choose three lesser Brews, plus an additional two Brews for each circle of Combat Alchemist you possess. The chosen Brews are prepared until the end of the [Scene]. Prepared Brews must be primed before they can be used. You can prime a prepared Brew for imminent use as a move action. You can pass any Brew to an ally within [Melee] range as part of a move action (including the one used to prime it). A creature or weapon, respectively, may benefit from more than one potion or poison at a time but cannot benefit from multiple uses of the same potion or poison simultaneously. A poison that has an effect when a creature is hit by the affected weapon and allows that creature to make a saving throw cannot affect a single creature more than once per [Round].  Whenever you make an attack action, you may replace any number of attacks with an equal number of cocktail throws, each targeting a square within [Close] range. These throws provoke at- tacks of opportunity.  Unless otherwise noted, the effects of any Brew used last until the end of the [Encounter].

Ability scores:

Strength 12
Dexterity 18
Constitution 10
Intelligence 14
Wisdom 10
Charisma 14

Trained Skills:
Acrobatics + 2 (DEX)
Arcana (INT)
Bluff (CHA)
(not trained) Diplomacy rank +10  (CHA)
Larceny + 1 (DEX)
Medicine (INT)
(not trained) Nature + 10
Stealth (DEX)

RACIAL: Larceny (+1 + 1/8)
Ghostwise Sight,
+ 2 DEX (DEX change already factored)

Feats:
Master scout [skill]:  You gain the Swim movement mode, and moving out of a square of difficult terrain does not cost you extra movement. You gain a +2 feat bo- nus to Acrobatics and Athletics checks.

Lucky Cigarette Case [Iconic]:  Your natural weapons gain the [Parrying] property if they do not already have it. Your weapons possess the [Parrying] property while you wield them, if they do not already have it.  Twice per [Round], you may reduce the dam- age taken from a single attack by your KDM. This does not require an action, but this ability cannot further reduce damage already reduced by the [Parrying] property or this ability. At 10th level, whenever you use the [Parrying] property or the above ability, you may reduce damage taken by your level instead of your KDM.

Items:
Rifle
Shotgun range [close] [point blank] [magnum] [brutal]
Leather Armor: (light)

Stats:
Attack roll modifier: 5 (1 BAP + 4 KOM)
HP: 20 ((8 base + 2 KDM) * 2)
AC: 14 (10 + 1 BAP + 2 KDM + 1 armor)

Saving throws:
Reflex: 7 (3 base + 4 DEX modifier)
Fort: 2 (1 base + 1 STR modifier)
Will: 5 ( 3 base + 2 CHA modifier)

BAP: 1
KOM: 4
KDM: 2
TAM: 2

Ability modifiers:
STR: 1
DEX: 4
CON: 0
INT: 2
WIS: 0
CHA: 2

Skills:

Physical
Acrobatics:7 (1 trained + 4 DEX modifier + 2 master scout)
Athletics: 3 ( +1 STR modifier + 2 master scout)
Larceny: 6 ( 1 trained + 4 DEX modifier + 1 racial modifier)
Ride: 4 (Dex modifier)
Stealth: 5 (1 trained + 4 DEX modifier)
Vigor: 0

Knowledge:
Arcana (INT): 3 ( 1 trained + 2 INT modifier)
Engineering: 2 (2 INT modifier)
Geography: 2 (2 INT modifier)
History: 2 (2 INT modifier)
Medicine: 3 ( 1 trained + 2 INT modifier)
Nature:12 (2 INT modifier + 10 playing it right)

Interaction:
Bluff:3 (1 trained + 2 CHA modifier)
Diplomacy:12 (2 CHA modifier + 10 playing it right)
Intimidate: 2 ( 2 CHA modifier)
Perception: 0

Background/Concept
From an early age Kell, unable to hide his distinctive fox ears and tail, faced discrimination for being one of the blooded Not that he’s ever let that bother him. He’s upbeat and curious even in the face of such discrimination. Although he’s irresponsible and sometimes lacks common sense, he is intelligent, with a talent for understanding how things work together. His talent may have been what led him to his study of alchemy when he discovered his magic. It allowed him to quickly grasp how the reagents worked with each other and his magic allowing him to create a variety of different potions and magical items.

If Kell was able to stay inside and put all his focus into his alchemy. He could become a truly great alchemist. Unfortunately, he was cursed with kleptomania to go along with his curiosity. He doesn't take money, instead he takes whatever catches his curiosity. Often, he doesn't even realize he’s stolen something. When he discovers something new in his pocket, he will convince himself that he didn't steal it but came by it from some other means. If someone accused him he will vehemently deny it and be hurt by the accusation than defend himself, justifying it with some excuse.

When he was invited to Blitz academy Kell was eager to join the school even if his decision to go had been a bit spontaneous. He had started to feel confined at home and had recently developed a case of wanderlust. He decided that fighting monsters when he graduated would make for a great excuse to travel and if he found the occasional interesting bobble or gizmo in his pocket that hadn't been there before it would just be pleasant side effect of his stay at Blitz academy.
Appearance

Height: 5'8
During school Kell wears his school uniform with the only addition being a few pouches he has at his side where he holds various items he’s collected or made. Outside of school he wears the same clothes as in the image, minus the necklaces and with his pouches still by his side. If going into combat he dons leather armor that covers his torso but makes no other concessions to dangerous situations.

Hard limits: Mutilation/Gore, vore, scat/watersports.

ShadowFox89

I plan on making at least one teacher per class.... Kell would have fun with the Rogue teacher (who herself is a foxgirl) :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Oh, yes. They'll have lots of fun and if the class she teaches somehow seems to have twice the funding of all the other classes combined nobody can really argue. Especially if some of that extra funding goes towards some comfortable chairs.

Latooni Subota

Alright, how's this? I decided to lean more towards the bleeding edge of all that cool robot/modular weapon/etc technology, if that's alright?

Kallista Hill
Character Sheet

Ranger Multiclass

Name: Kallista Hill
Concept: High-Speed Scientist!

Class: Ranger Multiclass

10 HP/level
BAB, Good
Good Saves: Fort, Ref
Poor Save: Will
KOM: Dex
KDM: Int

Ranger Track: Battle's Tempering (Fast)
1st Circle - Rather Quick than Dead (Shoot First) : Moving out of difficult terrain doesn't cost extra movement. Gain bonus to initiative equal to half level.

Ranger Track: A Reign of Arrows (Slow)
1st Circle - Dead-eye: When hitting a Flat-Footed opponent with a ranged attack, deal +3 [Precision] damage per 2 character levels.

Switch Monk Track: Disciple of the Crane (Medium)
1st Circle - Fast Movement: +5 Movement speed, +5 per circle you possess from this track.

Strength 14
Dexterity 14
Constitution 10
Intelligence 20
Wisdom 12
Charisma 10

Racial Traits-
+2 Any Ability Score (Int)
+1 (+1/8 levels) racial bonus to any one skill (Acrobatics)
+1 racial bonus to Armor Class
Battleforged Feat: +2 Armor Class and free Melee weapon with three properties

Advancement Level 2-
+2 to Int
Breakneck Pace Feat: +15 Movement Speed
+5 Movement Speed

Skills-
Acrobatics 5
Athletics 4
Larceny 4
Knowledge: Engineering 7
Bluff 2
Perception 3

Battleforged Weapon "Cybernetic Arm": [Parrying], [Guardian], [Deft]

Lesser Weapon "Calbreena Rifle": Ranged Assault Rifle, range [Medium], [Brutal 1], [Distant 1], [Scything], +1 attack rolls, [Extradimensional]

Armor: Light Plate (+1 AC)
Character Description

Kallista Hill is a 17 year old girl who is, if you ask her at least, the smartest person in any given room at any given time. As a child she proved to be smarter than average, and had a tendancy to get into trouble by breaking into places she shouldn't be, and fiddling with technology that SHOULD be beyond her comprehension. Of course, it helped that she was the only daughter of a pair of scientists working for one of the tribes to create new weapons and armor to protect their soldiers. In an attack on her parents' lab by terrorists (see: people from another tribe being jerks) she was critically injured, and voluntarily subjected herself to experimental medical and weaponry procedures in order to save her life.

A series of subdermal reinforcements and implants granted her the ability to walk again, and in fact she's ended up faster than she ever was now that her body had effectively been given powered armor, and her left arm was entirely replaced by a prototype cybernetic arm. In the years since, as she grew smarter she tweaked her gear on her own, creating lightweight armor to further protect her body, and a marvelous rifle capable of disassembling itself and reassembling itself with a mere thought . . . though it helps that she has an implant that lets her wirelessly sync up with the aforementioned gun. Rather than sticking with her own tribe's land, she chose to join the Blitz Academy in order to broaden her horizons and put her weapons to use fighting against the forces of Darkness rather than other people.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ReijiTabibito

I've been following RWBY since the White trailer - then I went back and watched Red and waited for Black & Yellow with anticipation.  I've got this idea rolling around my head for a legend character that I never really got to use, wanted to know if it's an okay by you.  Would end up being a multi-class of something.

Also, how do you plan on simulating RWBY's Faunus?

ShadowFox89

Faunus are Blooded, essentially. It's a catch-all for having a character with non-human characteristics.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Sorry, not what I meant.  I meant more in terms of Legend mechanics.  Are they just going to be considered a cosmetically different Human, or is there an actual Racial track for them?

ShadowFox89

Well, there's the racial tracks. But otherwise it'd just be some refluffing.

There's the Wildborn track, but I'd have to ask if it's 1.0-viable.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Latooni, I was looking at your sheet and I think you might have gotten your Ranger tracks mixed up. The Battle's Tempering track should get Rather Quick than Dead and A Reign of Arrows should get Dead-Eye.

Latooni Subota

You were right, I fixed it!

Man, I wish I wasn't so damn tempted to rip-off Yellow's weapons wholesale. :(

ReijiTabibito

So...we've got what so far?  Either a Paladin or a Sage, and a Ranger-Monk hybrid, and...a Rogue-Alchemist?  I get this lacking feeling somehow...

Cessali

Ghostwheel

I'll probably be making a melee sage with a lightsaber :D

Latooni Subota

It would totally be a Travis Touchdown-esque lightsaber!

ShadowFox89

I'm just glad to be getting the amount of interest for this game that we have.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 30, 2013, 12:17:37 PM
It would totally be a Travis Touchdown-esque lightsaber!

But... I can't stab people with that... :-(

ShadowFox89

And here's a picture of Professor Zeus, to help :P

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Shadow, is it okay if I edit Kell  so that he's full buy-in and can  take the assassin track?

ShadowFox89

Sure, that's fine. Nothing is set in stone until the game actually starts (which probably won't be for a bit).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MjhX

I'm interested.  I currently have a human rogue set up for this (Esoterica Radica/Acrobatic Adept/Dervish/Path of Destruction), although I don't have his fluff or backstory yet.  I might end up with another character later on, though.

TheHangedOne

I think I'm gonna take a crack at this.

Edit. here's my sheet. I think it's fine, but, I'm fairly unfamiliar with the system.

CS

Concept: Trophy Maker/Seeker of Knowledge
Class: Multi-class Monk

STR 12
DEX 10
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 10

BAB: +1
Saves:
Fort (good): 4 (2 base, +2 from con)
Will (good): 5 (2 base, +3 from wis)
Reflex (bad): 2 (0 base, -1 from armor, +3 from int)
KOM: +3
KDM: +2
AC: 16 (2 kdm, 2 bab, 2 heavy armor)
HP: 30 (20 beginning, +8/level, +2 con bonus)

SKILLS:

Physical
Acrobatics: 0 (0 base)
*Athletics: 2 (1 base from strength, 1 trained)
Larceny: 0 (0 base)
Ride: 0 (0 base)

Knowledge:
Arcana: 2 (2 base)
Engineering: 2 (2 base)
*Geography: 2 (2 base)
*History: 3 (2 base, 1 trained)
*Medicine: 4 (2 base, 1 racial bonus, 1 trained)
*Nature: 3 (2 base, 1 trained)

Interaction:
Bluff: 0 (0 base)
Diplomacy: 0 (0 base)
Intimidate: 0 (0 base)
*Perception: 4 (3 base, 1 trained)

RACIAL:
+1 (+1/8th levels) racial bonus to any one skill
+1 racial bonus to attack rolls

TRACKS:
Discipline of the Serpent (Fast)
1st Circle – Unarmed Strike (EX): Monks learn to turn their bodies into lethal weapons, striking at vulnerable spots on their enemies’ bodies. You may choose any three Melee weapon properties for your unarmed strike (see Chapter XI), and may change them with five minutes of meditation every morning. In addition, you can add 1d8 [Precision] damage for every Discipline of the Serpent circle you have beyond 1st to your unarmed strikes, to a maximum of 6d8 [Precision] damage when you gain the Thousand Sudden Cuts ability. You may only apply one source of [Precision] damage to any attack.

Discipline of the Dragon (Medium)
1st Circle – Stance of the Falling Star (EX): When knocked down, you are quick to get up for another exchange of punches and kicks. When [Prone], you can stand up as a swift action instead of a move action.

Path of the Ancestors (Slow)

FEATS:
The Earth Cracks
True Names

ITEMS:
Unarmed Strikes (Brutal, Magnum, Reach)
Grimm Armor (Heavy)
Cloak of the Endless Journey

History and other stuff will be tinkered with throughout the day.

Appearance

Height: 5'10
Weight: 220 lbs
Build: Wiry
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gray
On most days, Raz wears his school uniform without any sort of adornment. When on his own, though, he prefers a loose fitting button up shirt--black with red accents-- that does not inhibit his liberty of movement, black pants that similarly do not inhibit movements, and soft-soled black shoes. He will also wear his Cloak, which is additionally lined with Ursa Fur,  when going into battle, on extended trips, or when the weather makes such a choice practical.

When he knows he's heading directly into battle, he opts out of the typical clothing, and instead dons a suit of armor of his own design. Aptly named, the Grimm Armor is made from leather (tanned Grimm hides), furs, feathers, and many bones--including a menacing, large Beowulf skull helmet-- worked into the design. it's a grisly suit of armor, meant to inspire dread and make its owner appear more beast than man, while also providing a great deal of protection.

Bio

Razboinic Intelept, who most commonly goes by the nickname "Raz" due to the complexity of his name, comes from a family of Hunters. As was tradition, he attended regular school, then a combat school when he was old enough. In addition to keeping the family tradition alive and well, Raz views himself as something of a novice scholar. He likes to study the world, its inhabitants, its flora and fauna; he hopes that one day, he might be able to understand it all, and he hopes to use that knowledge, to ultimately better mankind.

He does not support the racism shown towards Blooded, and has frequently gone out of his way to defend them; often times distancing himself from friends, or making him a bit of a pariah. Raz has a very deep seated and well developed morality and philosophy towards life, which guides him in all his actions. Part of this is that he is a very meritocratic person; it doesn't matter who you are, what you are, where you're from... if you are good at something, you deserve the praise and recognition that is due (not more and not less), and if you are not, then it shouldn't be held against you; merely acknowledged as a weak point. After all, how can one cleanse themselves of weakness if they can not acknowledge the existence of weakness?

He can be hard on others, which has done him no favors in developing friends; but he is also incredibly hard on himself, holding himself to a standard, an ideal, that at times, not even he can attain. But one day, he hopes, he will be able to reach his own state of near-perfection.

Hard limits: Mutilation/Gore, vore, scat/watersports. Those are absolute no-no's. Just about anything else is up for discussion, however.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MjhX

Here's what I have so far:
Dave Character Sheet Summary

Name: David "Dave" Edge.
Race: Human (+1 ATK, racial skill Acrobatics).
Ability Scores: Dex is as high as possible, then Con, then Wis, then Str.  Int and Cha will be left at 10.
Base Class: Rogue (100% BAB, good Will save).
Tracks: Esoterica Radica (Acrobatics/Vigor), Dervish, Acrobatic Adept, Path of Destruction.
KOM: Dex.
KDM: Con.
1st-level Feats: Breakneck Pace, Musketeer.
Trained Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Larceny, Vigor, Perception.  Once the biography is decided on, I will also pick one Knowledge skill to reflect it.
Equipment: Light Armor.  He'll have either Twin Semiautomatic Pistols (Ranged, Quick-draw/Hold-out/Scything) or a Hand Cannon (Ranged, Quick-draw/Brutal 1/Guardian).  I'm also not sure whether to have him use a Longsword (Melee, Quick-draw/Brutal 1/Guardian) or unarmed attacks with Path of Destruction for the first few levels.
As for the backstory...I still need to figure that out.  I'm currently considering a "sole survivor" origin of some kind, but I need to figure out which event he survived...not to mention how the heck he got his current set of weapons.

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to start asking that everyone start to get their backgrounds together. What I'm going to be looking for is a diverse group that will provide an interesting dynamic. I'll probably take up to five players.

Also, please include hard limits (things you absolutely do not want to happen to your character).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Shadow, could you look back at my character sheet and tell me if I got the numbers and everything right? Got everything else there, too, I'd like to know if there's anything else I need to do or change or what have you.
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

One thing I'd like to ask is a breakdown of numbers, insofar as ability scores, hitpoints, AC, and skills are concerned. It makes it easier to tell where there might be a mistake.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 09, 2013, 10:30:51 PM
One thing I'd like to ask is a breakdown of numbers, insofar as ability scores, hitpoints, AC, and skills are concerned. It makes it easier to tell where there might be a mistake.
Well, it's been a while since I made the sheet, and I didn't make those notes, so I'm going off of memory here.

STR 12
DEX 10
CON 14
INT 14 (+2 from levels)
WIS 16
CHA 10

Other than that, I'm honestly not sure how to calculate numbers for anything else. I checked through the pdf while making the sheet, and just browsed through it again. What page should I be looking at?
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Gameplay Basics should have most of it.

KDM and KOM are each keyed to a separate ability, a monk has Wisdom for Key Offensive Modifier and Constitution for Key Defensive Modifier. KDM is added with BaB and any other bonuses, +10, to get your AC. Scores are calculated as usual for games (str or con for fort, int or dex for reflex, wis or cha for will).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Ahh,  that was my mistake. Glossing over basics. So, I have this:

BAB: +2
Saves:
Fort (good): 5 (3 base, +2 from con)
Will (good):6 (3 base, +3 from wis)
Reflex (bad): 3(1 base, -1 from armor, +3 from int)
KOM: +3
KDM: +2
AC: 16 (2 kdm, 2 bab, 2 heavy armor)
HP: 40 (20 beginning, +8/level, +2 con bonus)
Check out my poet tree!

Cessali

So, query: are we starting at level 1, or level 2?  I've seen two different answers in the thread.

(Also now that we have other people I should probably decide which of the two ideas I prefer, huh...)

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Avalon29

Here's the number break down after changing Kell to level 1.

Attack roll modifier: 5 (1 BAP + 4 KOM)
HP: 20 ((8 base + 2 KDM) * 2)
AC: 14 (10 + 1 BAP + 2 KDM + 1 armor)

Saving throws:
Reflex: 7 (3 base + 4 DEX modifier)
Fort: 2 (1 base + 1 STR modifier)
Will: 5 ( 3 base + 2 CHA modifier)

BAP: 1
KOM: 4
KDM: 2
TAM: 2

Ability modifiers:
STR: 1
DEX: 4
CON: 0
INT: 2
WIS: 0
CHA: 2

Skills:

Physical
Acrobatics:7 (1 trained + 4 DEX modifier + 2 master scout)
Athletics: 3 ( +1 STR modifier + 2 master scout)
Larceny: 6 ( 1 trained + 4 DEX modifier + 1 racial modifier)
Ride: 4 (Dex modifier)
Stealth: 5 (1 trained + 4 DEX modifier)
Vigor: 0

Knowledge:
Arcana (INT): 3 ( 1 trained + 2 INT modifier)
Engineering: 2 (2 INT modifier)
Geography: 2 (2 INT modifier)
History: 2 (2 INT modifier)
Medicine: 3 ( 1 trained + 2 INT modifier)
Nature:12 (2 INT modifier + 10 playing it right)

Interaction:
Bluff:3 (1 trained + 2 CHA modifier)
Diplomacy:12 (2 CHA modifier + 10 playing it right)
Intimidate: 2 ( 2 CHA modifier)
Perception: 0

Cessali

Making decisions is hard!  I've revamped both Rylan the Srs Bsnss Paladin and Tyana the Curious-Timid Tactician back on my first post on Page 2, but they both still seem like fun characters and they'd both fit a thematic niche I amn't yet seeing in the group as a whole.

I may just end up flipping a coin if I can't decide between them at a deadline.

alextaylor

You could just wait and see which character fits the group better... once we start seeing the backgrounds of the other characters.
O/O

TheHangedOne

Editing done. Just gotta get skill numbers and weapon numbers up.

Skills up. I think. Can someone double check my work?
Check out my poet tree!

Cessali

But that would be the sensible thing to do!

...which was actually plan A, but mumbling about choices and alternatives is sometimes more entertaining than otherwise.

Avalon29

I edited the post with Kell's character sheet and expanded on his background. I'll find a picture for him or write up a description for him next.

Ghostwheel

Inbal Pyrali

Race: Human (Flavorfully!! :P)

A branch of the illustrious and well-known Schnee family, the Pyrali's have always been subservient to the wishes of the the Schnees. Often acting as frontline enforcers and pushers in ancient times, they evolved into more operative agents who do the wetwork operations that the head family would rather not touch. From a young age, Inbal was taught to follow the head family's every request without any sort of backtalk or place to argue, and due to this and her authoritative parents she grew up as a meek girl who was often bullied during family functions, and preferred to stay in-doors and be by herself. One would think that this antisocial attitude would make her untrustworthy and unlikable, but there's something about her that opens people up to her, and often she hears more than she wants when trying to be simply pleasant and no more.

Whereas most of the Schnee family are sent to Beacon Academy, many in the Pyrali family are sent to the slightly less well-known Blitz Academy to learn how to be good operatives and how to fight. Inbal is no exception to this, and despite not wanting to go as she was sure to know no-one there and was afraid of the unknown that comes with going to live in a new place, was forced to go by her parents. When forced to fight, Inbal uses a small sheathed sword made for stabbing and cutting attached to an apparatus on her wrist interspersed with unarmed attacks, often throwing in a kick or two into the mix. Like the Schnee family, she bears the same white hair, but her eyes mark her as Pyrali, yellow where the head family's are blue.

ShadowFox89

Ghost, this isn't set in the same world as RWBY :P

There's no beacon academy and no Schnee family.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Oh... funky, lol. Well, time to make changes... everything else work apart from that?

EDIT: Wait... if it's not the RWBY universe, why are there Faunus, why are hunters being trained, and are the "dark forces" the same or different as in RWBY? Could we get more background info on the setting so we can make characters that would fit in it? :-/

MjhX

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 11, 2013, 11:27:01 AM
Ghost, this isn't set in the same world as RWBY :P
There's no beacon academy and no Schnee family.
It isn't?  Okay, now I don't have to worry about contradicting some aspect of canon if I get around to making a full backstory.
Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 11, 2013, 11:32:30 AM
EDIT: Wait... if it's not the RWBY universe, why are there Faunus, why are hunters being trained, and are the "dark forces" the same or different as in RWBY? Could we get more background info on the setting so we can make characters that would fit in it? :-/
Yeah, I think that would be helpful.

alextaylor

Oh... funky, lol. Well, time to make changes... everything else work apart from that?

It's just RWBY inspired, so it's similar but not exactly the same.

Details on the world so far:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188452.0
O/O

ShadowFox89

I posted up a link to the setting >.>

I suppose I should have posted that in the main post....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MjhX

I changed my character from a melee/ranged hybrid to a ranged specialist.
Dave Character Sheet

Name: David "Dave" Edge.
Race: Human (+2 Dex, +1 ATK, +1 Acrobatics, Average size).
Base Class: Rogue (100% BAB, good Will save).
Tracks: Esoterica Radica, Dervish, Acrobatic Adept, Reign of Arrows.
Ability Scores:
Str 12, Dex 18 (16+2), Con 14.
Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10.
KOM: Dex (+4).
KDM: Con (+2).
BAB: +1.
Hit Points: 20 ((8 Class+2 Con)*(Level 1+1 = 2)).
Trained Skills:
Acrobatics +6, +7 (+4 Dex, +1 Trained, +1 Racial, +1 in War Dance, can take 10 for 16).
Athletics +2 (+1 Str, +1 Trained, +5 Speed).
Larceny +5 (+4 Dex, +1 Trained).
Stealth +5 (+4 Dex, +1 Trained).
Vigor +3 (+2 Con, +1 Trained, can take 10 for 13).
Nature +1 (+0 Int, +1 Trained, mostly taken for flavor).
Perception +3 (+2 Wis, +1 Trained).
Initiative: +4.
Fortitude: +2 (+2 Con).
Reflex: +6, +7 (+4 Dex, +2 Class, +1 in War Dance).
Will: +4, +5 (+2 Wis, +2 Class, +1 in War Dance).
Damage Reduction: 1 (half of +2 Con).
Armor Class: 15 (+2 KDM, +1 BAB, +1 Light Armor, +1 Guardian).
Awareness: 13 (+2 Wis, +1 Level).
Bluff Defense: 13 (+2 Wis, +1 Level).
Diplomacy Defense: 11 (+1 Int, +1 Level).
Intimidate Defense: 11 (+1 Cha, +1 Level).
Perception Defense: 11 (+1 Cha, +1 Level).
Melee Range: 5 feet.
Close Range: 25 feet.
Medium Range: 110 feet.
Long Range: 440 feet.
Speed: 50 feet (30 base, +15 Breakneck Pace, +5 Athletics).
No vision or movement modes.
Feats: Breakneck Pace (+15 speed), Musketeer (weapon feat, +KOM Damage when Deadly Aim is used).
Inventory:
Light Armor: +1 AC.
Hand Cannon: Close, Quick-draw, Brutal, Guardian. Attack +6, +7 (+4 KOM, +1 BAB, +1 racial), 1d6+5, 1d6+6 Damage (+4 KOM, +0 Str/2, +1 Brutal)
War Dance: Lasts 5 rounds (3+2 Con), +1 ATK/DMG (can ignore to use Dead-eye), +1 Acrobatics, +1 Reflex/Will, +2 maneuver defense, -1 to all d20 for the same rounds afterwards.
Playing it Right: Take 10 on Acrobatics and Vigor.
Dead-eye: Deal +3 damage to flatfooted targets when not getting ATK/DMG bonuses from War Dance.
Current WIP Backstory: Dave once lived on the edge of a town/city that was caught in one of the tribal wars.  His family was killed during that event.  Now he tends to wander around quite a bit, carrying a heavy pistol he salvaged from one fight.  I need to work on it a little more, and I'll try to get a picture up soon.