Stargate franchise update

Started by King_Furby, September 03, 2008, 05:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I am a fan of stargate and was able to get my brother into it to. While it was sad that sg-1 ended i am happy they kept atlantis. Now i am even more excited as MGM has finally released for info about the new series being develped for sci-fi channel.

New series is going to be "stargate universe" with a planed release of summer 2009.

http://stargate.mgm.com/universe/

I think it will be interesting to see how this develops. It also looks like atlantis may be ending next year.

I am a little nervous of what they have planned for it. But knowing stargate they will keep it interesting.

Anyone else looking forward to that?

HairyHeretic

My wife will. Shes a big Stargate fan.

You heard about the Stargate Worlds MMO that's in development?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

King_Furby

yea i knew about that. I hate the stargate worlds website.

I hope they actually do a good job with it, there are alot of detals yet to be known.

lol it will be wierd seeing amanda tapping in her new sci-fi series thats not stargate related.

RubySlippers

This kinds of reminds me of ,ummm, Star Trek: Voyager mmets maybe Blakes 7 and Red Dwarf in spots could be fun. But I don't get cable so I'm out of luck.

King_Furby

There is always DVD, i am sure it will be released on DVD several months after the first season ends of universe.

Because it is so similar to star trek thats what makes me nervous. Being stranded on a huge ship like battlestar can easily become a stale idea. I hope it comes with a entire new cast with cameos by the characters from the other two shows.

Jackson and McKay better show up at some point. I like those two characters best, well besides Ball. Who knows Ball was so sneaky he probably could still show up in the new series lol.

RubySlippers

I'm a little nervous to everytime they explore they meet a more dangerous enemy lets see the Gou'ld, Replicators, Wraith, Ori- this could be bad. lol

Whats next the Old Ones or something worst?  :o

And DVD rentals are not cheap by the way so I likely won;t see it unless it shows up at a decent out on a network. I never did see the last two seasons of Atlantis since it airs at 4am Sunday morning and Stargate SG-1 is on before that at 12:30am...that is just wrong I do have to sleep after all.

Methos

I liked SG1 but could never really get into Stargate Atlantis. But if they come out with a new show I'll take a look.
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

Caehlim

I've also heard that this is the last series of Stargate Atlantis, that they're only making 5 all up.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

King_Furby

Originally they were not even going to do a season 4 but they did. I bet they will have at least one more, if not two more seasons. They will probably do what they did with atlantis and stargate. That is have two running at the same time and then cut out atlantis and just keep stargate universe.

Canuckian

Nope, Atlantis is toast after this years, series-wise.  But they are getting a movie package deal like SG-1 got.

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with what I've read about Universe so far.  Dunno if I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

King_Furby

Things have ways of changing, it would not be the first time they said they would end a series and didn't. But it probably is time for atlantis to end, the story line is starting to get slightly stale.

but if atlantis series did end i could then start getting the DVD's.

I will give universe a shot, sounds alot like farscape (wierd but good show).