The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on July 22, 2017, 07:18:19 AM
Not gonna lie, while Iron Fist left a bad taste in my mouth.
Yeah, but only because the writing wasn't as good as the previous instalments that and Finn Jones has almost zero charisma and can't act his way out a wet paper bag. (I've been re-watching GoT recently and if they'd digitally edited him out of every shot I swear you wouldn't notice the difference.)
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on July 22, 2017, 07:18:19 AM
The second Defenders trailer just dropped.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Not gonna lie, while Iron Fist left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still excited to see these guys get together after their interactions in the trailer.

Yeah, they really ought to have made the show somewhere in the neighborhood of 35% K'un L'un at the very least so we could see EVERYTHING that happens of significance during Danny's training; the fact that he hadn't mastered Chi worth a damn and had to be taught by Bakuto was disturbing. I would much rather have had Michael Angarano (from Sky High and Forbidden Kingdom; the director the latter said Angarano was actually really going into martial arts hardcore for the role, so he'd have that edge, and be a better actor, especially since they seem to want Rand to be the youngest of the Defenders).

Still hating Jessica Jones after seeing that trailer. She's like the only one who undergoes zero character development.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

SapphireStar

It appears that Iron Fist is getting a second season.

There are rumblings that Ben Affleck might be out as Batman when it comes around for the solo Batman movie. Production has been stalled. Scripts Affleck worked on tossed out. Lots of trouble brewing.

Mathim

So not just as director, but also as star? Wow...DC may have really been a one-hit 'WONDER' and continue its downward trajectory at this rate.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

greenknight

Quote from: Mister Ugly on July 20, 2017, 11:47:07 PM
Shadowrun Maybe!??

MU

Not that the writer would admit it, according to a blatantly bent review I recently read.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

CaptainNexus616

▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Writersblockade

Talking Hulk FTW. Pretty smart of them to use him as a supporting character. I don't think he needs a solo movie yet
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

CaptainNexus616

I was talking with a friend at work over this. I've felt that Hulk has worked so much better when he's bouncing off other big Marvel characters.

SapphireStar

They also tossed out the script for Batman that Ben Affleck wrote as well. Apparently, Ben Affleck is denying any reports that he is out. The way the production slate is looking, a solo Batman isn't coming out for two to three years. Already they are talking a sequel for Wonder Woman. They're even looking to try to get Linda Carter to appear in it.

Mathim

Damn it...Black Panther's second trailer will have a hard time beating that!

I've been watching more of Taika Waititi's films (fucking LOVE What We Do in the Shadows) and I'm definitely seeing his style of humor in that trailer, and his characterizations. Looks great, can't wait to see that, really hope it out-performs both previous Thor films (though I suspect it will easily, given all this good stuff). And we finally get some Hulk banter, with sentences rather than just one liners. "Hulk Smash" and "Puny God" were fun but it's about time he got to undermine his comrades verbally.

mia h

Now this is hilarious... in the same way that Kit Harrington couldn't have his hair cut for the Spooks movie because of contractual obligations to Game of Thrones, Henry Cavil couldn't shave his moustache off for the Justice League reshoots because of contractual obligations for the next Mission Impossible film. To get around this, the moustache is being digitally removed in JL post-production. Because Joss Whedon is now running things hopefully will get it's own credit.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: mia h on July 25, 2017, 01:23:41 PM
Now this is hilarious... in the same way that Kit Harrington couldn't have his hair cut for the Spooks movie because of contractual obligations to Game of Thrones, Henry Cavil couldn't shave his moustache off for the Justice League reshoots because of contractual obligations for the next Mission Impossible film. To get around this, the moustache is being digitally removed in JL post-production. Because Joss Whedon is now running things hopefully will get it's own credit.

PFFT HAHAHAHAHA!

mia h

..to put it in some sort of context, Gal Gadot's baby bump had to be CGI'd out of the Wonder Woman reshoots, they ended up cutting out a hole in the armour\costume and replaced it with green fabric. So odd, but not unheard of.

CaptainNexus616

True, I recall they had to do some camera work for Black Widow during Age of Ultron because of her pregnancy. Just the thought that they need to go to such lengths with digital editing over a little bit of facial hair though, I'm finding it more amusing than I feel I should.

wander

Don't see why they couldn't have kept it in, if he came out of his healing coma from the coffin and was going about, I'd have liked to have seen 90s bearded mullet Supes... His hair is still going to grow whilst he's healing, right?

mia h

Kinda hard to keep it in without reshooting the entire movie, although from the reports that sort of what's happened. If the reports are correct then the studio has kept all of the big set piece action sequences that Zack Synder filmed and then Joss Whedon has replaced the vast majority of what happens between the set pieces, just based of the amount of time spent doing the reshoots. So Supes facial hair would have been a continuity nightmare, appearing or disappearing depending on who the director of a particular scene was.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: mia h on July 26, 2017, 01:09:14 PM
Kinda hard to keep it in without reshooting the entire movie, although from the reports that sort of what's happened. If the reports are correct then the studio has kept all of the big set piece action sequences that Zack Synder filmed and then Joss Whedon has replaced the vast majority of what happens between the set pieces, just based of the amount of time spent doing the reshoots. So Supes facial hair would have been a continuity nightmare, appearing or disappearing depending on who the director of a particular scene was.

Lol, I can see the rumor in the break room at the Watchtower now.

"So you hear? Whenever there is imminent peril nearby, Supes will grow a full moustache! When the danger's passed it disappears just as mysteriously as it appeared."

"I know I heard Batman is still trying to figure it out. He refuses to believe its part of Kyrptonian physiology"

Shores

Quote from: wander on July 26, 2017, 12:08:08 PM
Don't see why they couldn't have kept it in, if he came out of his healing coma from the coffin and was going about, I'd have liked to have seen 90s bearded mullet Supes... His hair is still going to grow whilst he's healing, right?

I never knew I needed to see something so badly.

Sasquatch Superman

wander

Not 90s (I looked and he didn't have a beard then, could have swore he did...), however...

::)

SapphireStar

Didn't he have a beard and long hair in the animated movie Doomsday? And, in at least two episodes of Justice League where he got zapped during a fight with Toyman's giant robot. Superman wound up in the far distant future where like the only one left alive was Vandall Savage?

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 26, 2017, 10:42:37 PM
Didn't he have a beard and long hair in the animated movie Doomsday? And, in at least two episodes of Justice League where he got zapped during a fight with Toyman's giant robot. Superman wound up in the far distant future where like the only one left alive was Vandall Savage?

Ah, Hereafter, that was a great set of episodes. Lobo came back briefly to take his place on the JL and had a hilarious triumph over Kalibak.

mia h

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 26, 2017, 10:42:37 PM
There is also the current\old Superman who had a beard in Lois & Clark but shaved it off when he replaced the New 52 Superman

Thinking about it, this the Superman that was killed by Doomsday so he's both a beard and a mullet.

CaptainNexus616

Did a little digging and this one may take the cake on how New 52 Superman got a quick shave.

SapphireStar

Okay, so I don't know how much effect this latest development in the Marvel comics has on the movies, or not. Apparently in the latest story with HydraCap, one of the big fan favorites was killed.
Major Spoiler don't read if you read the comics
Black Widow was killed saving Miles Morales/Spider-man, who was going to kill HydraCap