News:

Main Menu

My anime crew?

Started by Koibito, January 20, 2012, 06:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

Quote from: Nyarly on February 18, 2012, 06:49:18 PM
That's one of the Ghibli movies I consider buying next time (it's out on DVD here). But at the moment I'm more interested in Grave of the Fireflies. Maybe I'll buy it with My Neighbor Totoro and watch them in succession, like theaters in Japan did. If the things I heard about Grave of the Fireflies are even remotely true, I will need some Totoro after it...

And I still need to watch Howl's Moving Castle, which I bought some weeks ago.

Trust me, whatever you have heard about Grave of the Fireflies, you best also buy some Kleenex.  I think it just got re-licensed.....forgot by who.....Disney does not own rights to it because it's through a different entity.....Bandai Visual if I'm not mistaken.  That, plus it's not to their standard, being a rather sad movie and too 'realistic' to their tastes.  Anywhoo, licensing stuff aside, it's still out there either way......it was one of Central Park Media's better selling titles when that company was in business.

Oh and oddly enough, Totoro was released with Grave as a double bill feature.  That may help too if you don't have that Kleenex on hand.

If you don't have it already, I also must recommend Nausicaa.  This was pre-Studio Ghibli....animated by Topcraft (the studio that basically preceded Studio Ghibli).  Quite a good movie, if a slight bit on the preachy Man vs Nature side.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Jag

Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite. I even named a black cat I had 'Jiji' after the cat in that movie. I saw him poke his tiny, big eared head out from under a stair at a friend's house and said "I want that one! He's my Jiji!". ^^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TentacleFan

I got the chance to go to the theater and see Arrietty recently. Like most of the Ghibli films I've had the chance to see I loved it. Definitely look forward to picking it up when it comes to Blu Ray in the future. On the subject of Ghibli films my favorite is possibly a toss up between Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I would also place the magnificent Porco Rosso as a dark horse contender for the top spot. I would have Nausicaa as the top possibly if not for the fact that like with the anime film version of Akira, the manga original is just so superior and they had to cut down the story extremely to make it fit into the confines of a single film. It's still a great movie however.

I also got the Blu Ray for the recently released anime Redline. I enjoyed it a great deal. Very high energy sci-fi racing. It was light on plot/story, but the characters were all interesting and the setting, animation, and highly kinetic over the top action appealed to me.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Kirby

*Raises hand* Anime fan here also!

I can thank Netflix for this.  I've seen lots of anime on Netflix, and some On Demand, but always looking for a new one.  I've even bought a couple Manga books at Barnes and Nobles to try that, but I much prefer to watch an Anime.

Some of the ones I've liked  so far are Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Strike witches, Kaze no Stigma, Full metal panic, Negima, Rosario + Vampire, etc. etc. I like about 80% of what I've seen.  As you can see, I watch a wide variety of different Anime.   

Koibito

You should definitely give certain stuff like D. Gray-Man a look see, try reading the manga online. It's way more rewarding.
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130125.msg5766879#msg5766879

Been sick the past couple days, will get to posts when I can~