News:

Main Menu

Walking Dead

Started by Kaizen, November 06, 2010, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Mother F**cker, the season finale was just filled with craziness and surprises!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
WHO THE FUCK IS THAT CHICK WITH THE CHAINED WALKERS!

undisclosedtoyou

I Don't know!  I'm sort of thinking that she has to be from some small colony of survivors, who are just bad ass like that.  Than again, is there such thing as survivors, now that we know that everyone is infected and they'll turn once they die?  Also, that prison, I can't wait to see what's up with that.  Next season is just going to rock so much, I can't wait!  Dude, I have to read the comics now!  Also, Talking dead just revealed that the chained chick is a fan favorite, and is played by a black chick, awesome!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shjade

Quote from: Aiden on March 19, 2012, 12:05:08 AM
WHO THE FUCK IS THAT CHICK WITH THE CHAINED WALKERS!
Don't click this if you don't want an infodump about the new character.
Her name is Michonne. And honestly? You should worry more about her sword than the leashed meat if you see her coming at you. Oh, and no, she's not from a small colony of badasses; she is a small colony of badasses. As in by herself.

I'm a little surprised. With as much deviation from the comics as this series was doing, I didn't expect them to divert the AMC series back into the comics.

More than just adding Michonne to the cast (Which, I have to admit, I had ruled out as a possibility - a samurai sword-wielding black chick with issues upstairs? In comics, sure, but in mainstream TV, I didn't think they'd green light the character.), I'm pretty sure that landscape shot at the very end of the episode was a prison. So it seems like after deviating in the early stages they're basically diving straight into vol. 3-5 territory of the comics in the Fall, more or less.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

undisclosedtoyou

Thanks for the info dump Shjade.

I am curious though, how does chopping off their arms stop them from just trying to bite her?  That's definitely something I can't wait to find out in the third season.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shjade

"I was so proud of myself I almost stopped being sad for a second while I hacked off your arms and lower jaws."

That's how.

If you're asking about the show version, I didn't take a close look at the zombies' faces to see if she'd done it - since I knew who it was as soon as I saw her I just sorta assumed.
◕/◕'s

undisclosedtoyou

Ooooohhhh, that actually makes a whole shit load of sense!  Can you imagine the walkers trying to bite you without their lower jaws?  That would crack me the hell up.  I can't wait to see what they find in the prison, that's going to be exciting.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shjade

I'd still keep their mouths well away from me, to be honest.
◕/◕'s

undisclosedtoyou

Agreed!

But to be honest, it's not like if they nicked them with their teeth it would make any difference; they're all already infected anyway, right? 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shjade

It still matters. Bites don't infect you with zombieism. They infect you with all the bad shit in their mouths.

The zombie virus isn't what kills you. It's what brings you back.

Alternately, you can think of it sorta like the jump from HIV to AIDS: you can have HIV all your life and it won't matter...unless it becomes AIDS. Zombie bites give you that bump.
◕/◕'s

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, I see what your saying.  Still some fucked up shit though, being infected and all.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shjade

When you think about it, nothing is any different, really. It isn't killing them any faster than they were already dying; people don't live forever. It's not as if they're sickly now. It's basically the same as carrying a recessive gene for some horrible condition that's only triggered when you die. I'm sure the shock of first hearing about it is unsettling, but if they'd turn off panic/betrayal mode for a minute and just think about it they seem intelligent enough to realize that it doesn't change anything.

Unfortunately, people are prone to panic and hysteria, so they're undoubtedly going to make a bigger deal about this than need be. Oh, silly people.
◕/◕'s

undisclosedtoyou

Oh I agree that they need to get off the betrayed train.  But I still think it's fucked up; not that Rick knew, but that it's there at all.  Sure it doesn't change anything physically, with the exception that they'll now have to be careful around anyone in their party dying, even from mundane reasons.  But I have to disagree about it's impact.   It does change things on a different level.  Now they know that it's not just simply passed on by physical means, but that it could be something in the air, or water, or whatever.  It's information, and I think, in a situation like that, the more info they have, the more secure they'll feel; which is important in a group setting.

Before this revelation, they thought they had the whole zombie thing down pat.  You get bit by a walker, you become one.  But now this opens up a whole new web of possibilities.  Is it in the water, the air, the food.  It's pretty fascinating actually, I hope it's explained somehow in future seasons/episodes.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Shjade

*shrugs* Maybe I'm overly pragmatic about death, but I don't see it as any different. If nothing they do can change what happens, then it's as good as not being infected for most intents and purposes. The goal is the same: don't die, what they've been trying to do all along.
◕/◕'s

teddybone

Have read the comics and watched the TV show. I am glad they are linked in some ways, but not joined together. They can riff on the same themes with different characters and angles...   I am glad to see some characters popping up in the show from the comic though.

Dragondancer

Never read the comics, but am having fun with the show for the most part - I'm at least looking forward to the next season, see what happens! They surprised me with a few twists so far!  :D

Don't read if you don't want spoilers!
I agree with both undies (*giggles*) AND Shjade...the knowledge changes everything - and matters not one bit as well!  :P

Although, didn't the sister (Andrea's sister Amy) take like hours to turn after being bitten, but now they are turning in under a minute when not bitten?

And what's up with Rick's wife Lori hating on him now after it was a long-time-coming forced "him or me" situation? Guess rogue dude did it for her more than she let on, lol. And the rest of the (no longer a democracy) group too? Jeez. And like y'all said...I don't care if the zombies don't have arms OR legs, I'd be staying as far away from the teeth as possible, hehe.

Shjade

Meh. Lori's a girl, you can't expect their decisions to make sense.

... What? >.>;

Srs though: she was in the middle of it, she knows she was basically aggravating the situation on both sides every time she opened her mouth, I'm sure she's as mad at herself as she seems to be at Rick. Dat guilt, yo.

As for the other thing, how fast you turn into a zombie has always been dependent upon one thing: dramatic tension. If a scene works better with a fast revive, they'll revive faster; if it'll work better with a slow turn, they'll turn slower. Creative license, you could say. ;p
◕/◕'s

Starlequin

Um...
Actually, I think what Lori is pissed about is that Rick told her that Carl was the one who put zombie-Shane down. She probably hates herself -- and Rick, no doubt -- for not being able to protect their son from that aspect of their new reality.
...Or am I the only one to think so?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Shjade

Oh, right, I forgot that happened.

Yeah, that's a major contributing issue.
◕/◕'s